Meeting I

Biscuit is the new Cupid

A/N: I am having problem on the editor I am using now. Not sure if it's because I am using mozilla. Hay, I can't change its font style and font size, even had to redo its spacing... Anyhow, here's an update. Hope you'd enjoy it. Thanks and sorry for any errors. Ammm... Yeah, that's it. Please bear with me if I am taking so long to update it. Love love!

 

 

Chapter 5: Meeting I


Yes, it was a whirlwind romance for the two. But why do they have to prolong their longing and agony if the feelings were mutual? That what Sulli and Minho thought.

Their families and friends were still oblivious about their relationship but they were planning to tell them as soon as possible. Because they did not want to delay it even more, especially Minho. He wanted the world to know that Sulli was his and no longer available so those admirers would stop getting her attention; not that they were getting her attention. Still he could not help but get jealous every time.

It was actually the same with Sulli, every time they were out, there would be a lot of women looking at them, on Minho particularly. As if he was not with her. She wanted to throw a fit every time but just tried to compose herself since they were not doing anything harmful.


At Choi Corporation


“Son, have you heard that your Uncle Jisung’s daughter, Sophia, finished her MA and will be coming back from US this week?” Minho’s father, Choi Jongkook, said.

“Uncle Jisung must be really proud, then?” Minho answered while going through the reports.

Jung Jisung was a very close friend of her father. When he was still in middle school, they would usually eat out together with his family. Sophia was two years younger than him, so they were playmates when they were still young. Minho saw her as his dongsaeng he never had, being an only child he wished to have a younger brother or sister. They both attended the same school up to college. Some people thought they were couple because of their closeness. But Minho always corrects them by telling that she’s his sister. However, it was different with Sophia, most often than not she would act as if she was the girlfriend. There were times when Minho had a girlfriend; she would usually get Minho attention by doing things. Minho, as caring as he, would go and pacify her that’s why he never had very successful relationships in the past. But Minho had enough of all of Sophia’s scheming. It was 4 years ago when he confronted her and told her that he only saw her as a sibling and nothing more. He saw the hurt in her eyes, he felt sorry, but he could not just let her do the things she did. And that same year, Sophia went to US to pursue her studies.

“Of course! And moreover they will be introducing Sophia as the next VP of their company that’s why there will be a party next month. And your uncle asked me if you could be Sophia’s ?” Mr. Choi Jongkook said.

“? Dad, are we still in the medieval period? It’s not even her debut. Don’t get me wrong but I am sure Sophia won’t need any even won’t like the idea of an .” Minho could not hide his amusement.

“Just this one son. It’s not like I am asking you to be her fiancé, maybe next time.” His father jokingly said which made Minho’s eyes widen. “I was just joking said. If you saw your face earlier, it was so priceless.”

“It was not funny at all, dad. You know that I don’t believe in arrange marriages. If you ever force me to, you won’t see me ever again.” He threatened his father. Their father and son relationship was actually good. Bantering like this was just usual for the two.

“I know, I know. And your mother and I won’t force you to do that. You know, we are giving you freedom to choose your wife-to-be, right?”

“Yeah, I know. I just don’t want such conversation.” Minho said awkwardly.

“Which reminds me, have you met someone? You’re not getting any younger, Minho. And we are hoping to see our grandson or granddaughter soon.” His father said dreamingly.

“You’ll meet her very soon.” Minho could not help but smile as he thought of Sulli.

“I knew there is someone already. You’ve been missing family dinners and such. Not that I mind, but your mother had been sad because of it.”

“I will make it up to you and mom. And will be bringing her to our next family dinner. She was just very busy with her work since school year is ending.”

“I see, so she’s a teacher? Does she have a name or will regard her as just ‘she’?”

“Yes, she’s a preschool teacher. And her name is Sulli, Choi Sulli.”

“Choi Sulli? Is she related to the CSJ Enterprises?” His father asked.

“I don’t know, dad. But she said once that his father is managing a family business. That’s all.”

“Okay. I will get going, son. And I really want to meet your Choi Sulli. I am sure your mother will be delighted to know about her. So the sooner the better, okay?” Jongkook said as he stood up.

“Yeah yeah! Just don’t scare her. Or else...” Minho stood and gave his father a hug as he bid goodbye.

 

Sulli was getting ready when she heard Suzy calling her.

“Sulli-yah… you’re my friend right? A very close friend for that matter. Can I ask you a favor?” Suzy asked cutely. Sulli became suspicious because Suzy does that when she really wanted something and she could not say ‘no’.

“I am afraid. But what is it?”

“Can you accompany me with my date this Saturday? I don’t want to go alone. I already told him that I will be bringing a friend so he will too bring his so you won’t feel like the third wheel.” Suzy said pleadingly.

“Oh no. I don’t think that would be a good idea, Suzy.” ‘How will I say that Minho will not be happy about it’

“But Sulli, I think he is the one! I am just afraid going out on our first date alone with him.” Suzy looked like she’s about to cry. “Afterall, you don’t have any who’ll get mad if you’d go to a double date, do you?”

“Hmmm… Well, about that I don’t think Minho will be happy with it?” Sulli said shyly and in a very quiet voice as if she’s whispering.

“Wait, did I hear it correctly that Minho might not be happy?” Suzy too loud which made some heads looked at their direction.

“Ssh! Please lower your voice.” Sulli could not help but blushed.

“So you mean you two are like together, together?” Suzy made a finger crossing gesture. And Sulli just nodded shyly.

“Omo! Omo! Omo! Finally! I am so happy for you, Sulli-yah. I have to meet Minho-sshi again so to give him some if-you-hurt-my-bestfriend warning.” Suzy said.

“Hahaha! You’ll meet him again, don’t worry. But I am really sorry about your date, if only I could do something.” Sulli said.

“Nah! Don’t mind it. You’re not my only friend, you know? Hahaha.” Suzy said.

“Yeah right! Hahaha. So are you going now? We can go home together but I did not bring a car so we’ll be commuting.” Sulli asked.

“No prob. Kaja!”

 

Suzy and Sulli were heading towards the school building exit when Sulli saw a familiar sight she was longing to see.

“Look what we got here. So it was Mr. Loverboy. “ Suzy said meaningfully.

They were going to Minho’s direction.

“You should have called. How long have you been waiting?” Sulli asked Minho. She was not sure if she should hug or kiss me. She was too embarrassed knowing Suzy was just beside them.

It was Minho who made the first move by hugging and kissing Sulli’s forehead which made Sulli blushed deeply and Suzy trying to contain her giddiness like a fangirl.

“I wanted to surprise you and I won’t mind waiting if it’s you.” Minho said as he released Sulli and held her waist.

“Hay. I’ll get tooth decay if I’d stay here longer.” Suzy could not help but be happy for her bestfriend for meeting her soulmate. “But before that, I am warning you Minho-sshi if you hurt and make my bestfriend here cry, you better hide before me and her brothers find you.”

“Suzy! You-“ Sulli was cut-off when Minho answered Suzy’s threat.

“Don’t worry Suzy-sshi, I won’t hurt Sulli and will love her with all my heart.” He held her tightly and kissed her head. She was so touched with Minho’s declaration.

“Very good then. So loverbirds, I’d be going.”

“Wait Suzy, you can come with us. We can drop you at your house, right Minho?” Sulli said.

“And be the third wheel? Hahaha. Don’t worry Sulli, I can manage. See you tomorrow!” Suzy made her exit.

Sulli and Minho waved at Suzy goodbye. When Suzy was out of their sight…

“Do you know I miss you so much. So how was work?” Minho told Sulli as he held her in both arms by her waist.

“And I to you. Work was fine as always. Finished deliberating the students’ grades. And how about you? Any interesting happened?” Sulli said.

“Just the same, going through reports and all. But father visited me this morning and insisting to meet you very soon.” He slighty touched Sulli’s nose.

“Really? Will they like me? What if they won’t like me for you.”

“Sulli.” He made Sulli looked at him. “It would be hard for someone to not like you. And my parents will love you. Trust me. We must be going, love.” Minho opened the passenger seat for Sulli and then Minho went to the driver’s seat.

“Minho.” A female voice caught their attention. And it was Kwon Yuri. “I am surprised to see you here. Were you waiting for someone?” Eyeing the person in the passenger’s seat.

“Yuri. Yeah, I fetch Sulli.” By that time, Sulli waved at Yuri who was beside Minho.

‘As I thought.’ Yuri thought. Gathering her composure, she said, “I see. Here I thought you’re here to finally make your promise happen.”

“Promise? What promise?” Minho was puzzled. He could not remember any promise he made toward Yuri.

“Minho-yah. I am hurt. You really forgot your promise last time of dining out during your free time?” Yuri was too close to Minho for Sulli’s comfort.

“Oh that… I am really sorry about that, Yuri. Maybe next time? Or maybe I could attend our next reunion?” It was evident that Minho was uneasy.

“Okay. Maybe next time. So see you around? Bye Minho, bye Sulli!” Yuri retreated and went to her car.

“Ready to go?” Minho asked as he started the car’s ignition.

 

During the ride, Sulli did not ask Minho about the promise he made to Yuri. For her, she fully trusted Minho, it was Yuri she did not trust. But she did not want to dwell about it yet.

 

It was dark when they made it to Sulli’s house. Minho alighted from the car and opened the passenger side. They were infront of her house as Sulli was about to bid goodbye to Minho when a car suddenly arrived and the passenger climbed down from it.

“Sulli!” She went to their direction and noticed Minho, “Who might be this fine man?”

It was Sulli’s Mother.

“Yeobo.” And that was Sulli’s Father, Choi Seo Jin.

“Appa!” Sulli did not expect to see both her parents.

That moment, Sulli wanted to disappear. She did not know how to react since it was her first time to introduce a guy who’s not just a friend. She was just grateful that her brothers were not yet home. Or that’s what she thought?

“Anyeonghaseyo Mr. and Mrs. Choi, I am Choi Minho. I am so honored to finally meet you.” Minho did a 45 degree bow.

“Choi Minho? Are somewhat related to Choi Jongkook?” Choi Seo Jin asked him seriously.

“Ne, Mr. Choi. He is my father.”

“It’s been a long time since I saw your father. Tell him that we still have a rematch and I won’t accept ‘no’ or ‘I am busy’ next time!”

Mrs. Choi clapped and said, “Aigoo! We can continue this conversation inside. Come on Sulli. Come on, Minho dear!” Sulli noticed the sudden voice change when hermother called Minho.

They followed Sulli’s parent to go inside their house.

"I am sorry, Minho. I never thought that mom and dad will be home this time. I thought they’ll be returning tomorrow morning.” Sulli whispered.

“No problem, Sulli. I may be nervous about meeting your family but I am not scared because I love you and I am sincere about my feelings for you.” Minho said and held Sulli’s hand tightly to give her assurance.

 

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________