Unrequited love?

Biscuit is the new Cupid

This is unedited so sorry for any errors. And I am so sorry for taking so long to update this story. I hope you'd enjoy reading this chapter. Enjoy!

Chapter 4: Unrequited love?

Days passed by and Jonghyun never failed to call and check on Sulli. Somehow, the uneasiness she felt when they first met diminished. He’s a nice guy, afterall. They sometimes met and eat out. For Sulli it was just a friendly date and she’s hoping that Jonghyun felt the same. She did not want to lead him on.

Well, for Minho, he called her from time to time but he was not able to meet her again because he’s been busy on his company and out of the country conferences. As of the moment, he’s in Japan working some joint project with their Japanese investors.

‘I wonder when he’s going home. He did not even bother to tell me how long he will be there. Aigoo, Sulli! He doesn’t have any obligation to you. You’re not even his girlfriend. Pabo!’ Sulli could not help but missed Minho. She could not get herself ask Minho such things because she did not want to be nosy.

She resumed on checking the grades of her studies when suddenly her phone rang. She looked at her phone screen expecting certain someone but it was not him.

“Ne? Jonghyun-sshi.” She answered.

“Hi Sulli-sshi! Is everything alright? You sound odd?” Jonghyun asked worriedly.

“Of course, I am good. Maybe I was just a bit tired checking on my students’ grades.” Sulli tried to sound more cheerful.

“I am glad. I am wondering if you’re free later? I would like to invite to dinner so you could unwind.”

“Hmm. I am not sure about it Jonghyun-sshi. It was nice of you for asking but we’ve got deadline for these grades. I am sorry. I hope you understand.”

“I see. Nothing to sorry about Sulli-sshi, I understand. There’s still next time, right? I could invite you some other time. If you won’t be able to have dinner with me, is it alright if I fetch you from work?” He’s trying his last resort to see and meet Sulli.

“Oh. That’s really nice of you but you don’t have to Jonghyun-sshi. If you fetch me, you’d be out of way to your house.”

“I don’t mind, really. Afterall, I am already here at your school’s parking lot. I was actually hoping you’d be free later.”

“You’re here already?!” Sulli could not help but stand and look outside. She saw Jonghyun beside his car and waving at her. She could not help but wave back. “Persistent much, Jonghyun-sshi? Hehehe. Alright! Since you’re here I might as well agree to your proposition. Just wait, I’ll be there in a bit.”

Sulli fixed her things and decided to finish her computation at home. She did not want Jonghyun to wait longer.

“So Sulli, another admirer, eh? What happened with the other gorgeous one? Don’t tell me you already turned him down?” Her nosy friend, Suzy, ask her rather loudly which made some of their curious co-workers looked at their direction which included Yuri.

“Admirer? He’s just a family friend. And If you’re asking about Choi Minho, he’s also not an admirer. He’s just a friend, okay.”

Suzy nodded. “Such an insensitive, girl. You’ll get old alone.” Suzy whispered.

Sulli pretended she did not hear what Suzy said. Actually, she’s not that insensitive but she did not what to make assumptions and get hurt on the process. She had put her things in her bag and bid goodbye to her co-workers.

Jonghyun took her things when she got near the parking lot. He opened the door in the passenger’s side and help Sulli to get in. The ride was smooth and Jonghyun tried to make a conversation like asking how’s sulli’s day and the likes. Sulli politely answered him and asked the same. When they arrived at Sulli’s house, he again helped her alight in the car.

“Thank you Jonghyun-sshi for giving me a free ride. Do you want to go inside to have a coffee? It’s the least I can do.” Sulli offered.

“I would love to. Thank you.”

They entered the house and Sulli’s mother was so delighted to see Jonghyun. She entertained Jonghyun while Sulli was asking their help to make some snacks for their guest. After sometime, Jonghyun’s phone rang and he told them he had to leave.

“Thank you so much for today, Sulli-sshi.”

Sulli watched Jonghyun’s car to leave. Once she’s in the house, she started working on her computations and told her mother that she won’t be join them to dinner because she had to finish the grades that night. Apart from the grades, she did not also have appetite to eat dinner. Just like the other nights, Minho had not contacted her and tried calling him but his phone was out of reach. She was a bit worried but did not want to dwell on it too much and buried herself from her work.

She finished her computation and was able to pass it the next day. She was very tired. She went to the restroom and got inside the cubicle when she heard someone came out from one of the cubicle.

“Hello! You already arrived?”

Sulli thought there was another person in the restroom but she did not hear any reply so she’s guessing the woman was talking on her phone. ‘She sounds like Yuri-sshi.’

“Really? I hope we’d get to meet some other time on your free time? Yeah! See you soon. Always take care, Minho!”

Sulli’s eyes turned into saucers when she learned her speculation was right and to top it all she was talking to Minho. She felt betrayed and hurt. He did not even bother to call her these past days and did not inform his arrival. But he had time to call and tell Yuri. She then realized that she’s nothing to him. Sulli wanted to cry but tried her best not to let it fall. When Yuri left the restroom, Sulli got out from the cubicle and looked at herself in the mirror.

‘I am nothing compared to Yuri. Who am I kidding to? Liking someone like Choi Minho? He’s better to be with someone like Yuri.’

It was already 6pm when Sulli decided to go home.  She was walking in the quiet hallway and nearing the school building’s exit when she suddenly felt someone grabbed her hand. She was not able to scream because a hand covered . Sulli prayed for someone to save her before anything bad would happen. She’s recalling what she learned from her self-defense course and was about to kick his groin when she recognized the culprit.

“Minho!!! Oh God! You scared me!” She felt like she lost 10 years of her life.

“Sulli, I am sorry for scaring you. I was about to call you but I noticed you’re in such deep thought. Are you okay?” Minho put his hand on Sulli’s forehead. But before he could feel her temperature, Sulli backed away from him.

“Ermm… Just did not have enough sleep last night because I finished computing grades. But I am alright. Not sick at all.” Sulli tried to smile but it did not reach her eyes. Minho was not convinced about Sulli’s answer. He knew there’s something more however he did not press on the issue.

“I see. Sulli, please do take care next time, okay? By the way, it’s past 6pm and wondering if I could take you to dinner this time?”

“Dinner? Not being rude, but I wanted to sleep more than eat, Minho-sshi. But thanks for the invitation.” Sulli answered and walked leaving the confused Minho.

“Wait! No, you could sleep later but it is important that you eat first.” Minho got irritated with Sulli’s indifference and dragged her to his car despite her refusal. Sulli just followed Minho. They did not talk during the whole ride to the restaurant.

While waiting for their order,

“Sulli, I know there’s something wrong. You’re not your usual self. I am sorry for acting like that awhile ago but I am worried and it feels like you’re mad at me.” Minho asked and Sulli could sense some hint of hurt on his words.

Sulli sighed deeply. “I am also sorry for acting that way. But I won’t hide the fact that I am mad at you. I could not contact your phone. You did not bother to call me these past days and did not even tell me you already arrived. I was worried you know. And it hurts me more when I accidentally heard your arrival from Yuri. I know I am not in the right place to feel this way but I do not like feeling left out.” She explained.

Minho was about to answer when their orders arrived. He let the waiter put their orders first.

“I know. I am sorry for not contacting you. Our Japanese investors were so demanding and the site we were checking on had bad phone signal.” He held Sulli’s hand then continued explaining. “And I did not tell that I arrived because I wanted to surprise you. I actually arrived yesterday and went straight to your workplace. But I saw you went home with someone.” He squeezed Sulli’s hand and hurt in his eyes was apparent.

“Oh. That was Jonghyun, the son of my mom’s friend. He’s the one I told you about. He was actually asking me to dine out but then I refused. But it appeared that he was already in the school premises when he called me so I was not able to refuse him this time when he asked if he could give me a ride home.” She reasoned out.

“I guess my jealousy was uncalled for. And by the way, Yuri was the one who called me, not the other way around.” Minho felt so relieved after hearing Sulli.

Sulli was surprised with he’s sudden remark. ‘Did I hear him, right? He got jealous?’

“Yes. I got jealous, Sulli.” Minho answered her as if he heard her unspoken question. He could read Sulli like an open book. “I was so worried that when I returned from Japan that I’d lose you from someone else. And my world fell apart when I saw you with the guy. What I am trying to say is that I fell in love with you at first sight, Sulli. I want to say this to you even before but do not want to scare you off. But I realized I can’t delay my confession anymore knowing that you have a lot of admirers. I love you, Sulli. I am not pressuring you to give your answer tonight. I just want to tell you how I feel for you.”

Sulli felt her head was about to explode. She did not expect this. She could not help but let her tears fell. Tears were flowing after another. She did not care if there were other people inside the restaurant. Her heart was overjoyed.

 Minho panicked and knelt in front of her. “Hey, say something.” He was wiping Sulli’s tears. “I know this is too sudden and I know I am scaring you. I am sor-“

His words were cut-off with Sulling finger. “Sshh. I just did not know what to say. There’s just so much to take in. This afternoon after hearing Yuri, I was ready to accept that I was only a friend to you. That Yuri-sshi is the one for you.” She was sobbing in between.

“Yuri is nothing compared to you, Sulli. Hell, the stars even pale in comparison when you’re around.” He held Sulli face and smiled.

“Thank you so much, Minho. And you don’t have to wait for my answer because I love you too, Choi Minho. No admirer catches my attention because they are not you. And you don’t have to worry about Jonghyun because he is just a friend to me.” Sulli finally told him her feelings.

 Minho hugged her tightly and kissed her hair while murmuring ‘Thank you’ and ‘I love you’.

The finally couple returned and finished their dinner. The dark cloud and aura hovering them awhile ago had disappear. They were talking happily and sweetly. After it, Minho brought Sulli home.

“Hmm. I want to introduce you to my family but I guess we can do it some other time. It’s a bit late and I am sure my mother will bombard you with questions and there are my older brothers and father.” Sulli laughed and having fun teasing Minho.

“Well, I’ve been ready for that. I could even meet them at this very moment.” He looked at Sulli lovingly.

“You’re very confident huh? I am sure my mom would like you however I can say the same with my dad and brothers.”

“Don’t worry, love. I will do my best to win your family’s heart. And will show them that I am serious and sincere about you.” That made Sulli blushed even more.

“It’s getting late. I need to get inside before my brothers start to call a search party for me. Hahaha. I’ll see you tomorrow?”

“Yes. I’ll fetch you to work tomorrow, alright?”

Sulli nodded and about to get inside but stopped by Minho’s hand. When she turned around, she was stunned by Minho’s next action. She found her lips pressed on Minho’s lips. She was not able to respond at first knowing this was her first real kiss but got to pick up how to kiss with Minho’s help and put her arms around Minho’s neck for support.

They separated for the need to breath. Sulli was blushing profusely and Minho could not help but chuckled.

 ‘My so sweet innocent love, Sulli.’ Minho thought.

“You better get inside before I kidnap you from your family.” Minho said jokingly.

“I guess so. Better be careful driving home, okay? Text me when you get home.”

“Yes maam. I love you.” Minho was already inside his car.

“I love you too.”

She was done preparing to bed when she received a text from Minho.

‘I am already home, love. I already miss you. Good night and dream about me. I love you.’

Sulli replied to her boyfriend’s text. She could not believe that she finally had a boyfriend. For her, Minho was worth the wait.