Rival on the way?

Biscuit is the new Cupid

 

A/N: I really really want to change the title of this fic from “biscuit is the New cupid” to “Cookie is the new cupid”

As far as I know, oreo is never called biscuit, instead it’s cookies, right? Anyhow, I don’t wanna confuse ya’ all so I’ll stick to its original title.

 

Chapter 3: Rival on the way?

 

Sulli was touching the cheek which Minho kissed. ‘What was that kiss all about? I guess it’s a normal gesture for them. Even Yuri kissed him awhile ago like it was nothing.  He wasn’t even bothered about it.’

 

“Noona!”

 

“Yooguen! Hey, how was your day?”

 

“Vewy good, noona. Umma and I played ball.” Yooguen excitedly told her.

 

“Wow. It was a busy day for you huh, little man? By the way, this is from your Minho hyung.” Sulli gave the Oreos to Yooguen.

 

Yoogeun jumped happily and took the oreos.

 

“Baby, you might spoil your dinner so eat that tomorrow. Araseo?”

 

“Oh Sulli dear, you’re already here. You better get dressed and will get going once you are finished.” Sulli’s mother  was already dressed. “And you, Yoogeun, Umma and noona will go somewhere tonight so go to your Hyori Noona. Please behave while we are gone.” Mrs. Choi carried Yoogeun and gave him to his nanny.

 

“Oh, Sulli, who gave you a ride tonight?”

 

“A friend mom. I’ll introduce him to you next time. And mom, why do I have to be with you to this ‘meeting’? I hope this isn’t what I have been thinking since you told me about it.” Sulli went straight to her room to change.

 

Her mother followed her. “I am sure you’ll enjoy it this time. I can hear your brother’s here. I’ll wait for you in the car.”

 

“Ne.”

 

Sulli’s mother was like no other woman. She’s a groovy mom and always looked after her children and husband. Sulli’s father was a business man and out of the country for a business conference.

Sulli wore a simple peach dress and put a light make up. She let her shoulder length hair down. She then gave herself a second look on the mirror to make sure she got everything covered before going out.

 

They have entered in a fancy restaurant as sulli was tailing her mother; Sulli noticed where they were heading. From the looks of it, she thought they were having a simple dinner with her mother’s friend.

 

“Sunah, my friend. I am glad you made it. “ Mrs. Lee Yerin approached them with a warm hug.

 

“I would never miss this to the world, Yerin. It’s been a while since we had a dinner together.” They got on their seats.

 

“Sulli, dear, you’re getting more gorgeous every time I see you. Is there someone reason behind it?”

 

Sulli blushed with the remark. “Thank you, Mrs. Lee.”

 

While waiting for their food, they were having their chit-chat. Well, it was actually chit-chat between the two older women. As for Sulli, she was just enjoying listening to their conversation.

 

“Finally!” Mrs. Lee exclaimed. While Mrs. Choi turned her head expectantly which also made Sulli turned her head.

 

“Jonghyun, you’re late. You know that it is not right to keep a lady waiting?” Mrs. Lee glared at the man who just arrived.

 

“I am sorry mom. The meeting took longer than I expected.” He said apologetically and looked towards Sulli and her mother’s direction. “Aunt Sunah, it’s great to see you. You’re gorgeous as ever, auntie.” He kissed Mrs. Choi’s hand.

 

“Charmer as ever, Jonghyun. Hmm. Given that everybody is here. I guess we can start eating and talk about why we’re really here.” Sulli was confused with her mother statement. She thought this would be a get-together-with-an-old-friend thing.

 

“Actually, we set this dinner so we could introduce you two. Sulli, this is my son, Jonghyun. And Jonghyun, this is your aunt Sunah’s beautiful daughter, Sulli.”

 

“Sulli, finally we met. Mom and aunt told me many things about you.” Jonghyun gave her a friendly smile and took her hand to kiss it as well.

 

“Oh no. I am afraid about the things they said about me.” Sulli half jokingly said.

 

“Don’t worry, they were all good things. I actually did not believe them at first. But meeting you tonight made me think otherwise.”

 

Sulli was a bit uncomfortable with the gaze the young man was giving her. During the whole dinner meeting, Sulli was quiet. She would just give them small smile or would just answer questions when asked. It’s not that she felt trap or Jonghyun was a creeper but she just felt uneasy with the situation. Though she was glad that this was not an arrange marriage thing but just a meeting for a possible boyfriend thing.

 

When their dinner ended, Jonghyun asked for her number and told her that he’s looking forward to see her again and get to know her more. Sulli did not want to be a snob or something so she gave him a warm smile.

 

Sulli could sense that her mother had a great time and she did not want to spoil it.

 

“So Sulli, what can you say about Jonghyun? He’s a great man, right? He’s already that successful at a very young age. But still, he still holds his feet firmly on the ground. Not only that, he is also good-looking. Such a whole package kind of man.”  Mrs. Choi said as they were heading home.

 

Sulli did not comment or said anything. She just gave her mother a small smile. ‘Yeah, he’s a great guy. But I just did not feel anything. Any sparks like what I feel from Minho when I first met him. Wait Sulli, why did Minho come in the picture?’ She just shook her head as if it could help from keeping her thinking about a certain ‘grocery guy.’

 

It was a bit late when they got home. Sulli got ready to be on bed when her phone suddenly rang. She lazily reached for it. She did not bother to look at the phone screen to know whose calling.

 

“Yes, hello.”

 

“Ahm. Sulli. Were you already asleep?”

 

Sulli got up quickly recognizing the owner of the voice then looked at her phone. ‘Omo! The grocery guy.’ “Minho! N-no. I was just getting ready for bed. Why did you call?” Sulli wanted to hurt herself for stuttering.

 

“I am glad. I thought I disturb you slumber. Hmm I just wanted to know how your dinner was gone.” Minho was having an uneasing feeling about it since Sulli told him about the dinner.

 

“Oh that. It was rather surprisingly awkward on my part. Hahaha. But it went well to say the least.”

 

“Why’s that? Was it uncomfortable seating while just listening to their conversation?” Minho said with a smiling voice.

 

“That and more.” Sulli wished Minho won’t ask further.

 

“More? What happened?”

 

“Well, how would I say it. At first, I was thinking we would just be having a dinner with mom’s friend, Auntie Yerin. But then, aunt Yerin’s son came and told me, us that they wanted to introduce us to each other.”

 

Minho did not notice he was gripping his phone tightly. So what he felt was not all wrong, anyway.

 

“Hmm. I see. But it was not an arrange marriage thing, ne?”

 

“No! Oh no. I still believe my parents would not do such thing. But maybe my mom was just concerned on my love life since until now I did not have any boyfriend. Hahaha.”

 

“Well, that a relief. I mean, who would want to be in a loveless marriage.”

 

“I know. I’d rather be a spinster than be forced to marriage.”

 

“That would not be possible Sulli. You’d never be a spinster, I assure you.”

 

“Oh Mr. Choi Minho, you’re now a foreteller, huh?”

 

“I just know, Ms. Choi Sulli. I just know.”

 

Sulli laughed at Minho’s last comment. They talked for a solid one hour bickering each other in a friendly way before deciding to go to sleep. As they went to bed, they could not remove the smile on their faces.

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________

I am so sorry if it took soo long before I update this story. As I have said before, I've been busy 'sorting out' my life. But I assure you, i'll never abandon this story. Til next time. Take care everyone!:)