Ch. 8

What If?

Jessica’s POV

 

Dammit! I knew I shouldn’t have let Heechul come over. God, he was so insistent and wouldn’t shut up about how abandon he felt with me leaving for New York without giving him an answer. He only stopped whining after I told him I’d give my answer when I returned from New York. But then he complained that he wouldn’t see me for a whole month and that we just had to spend my last day together.

 

“Heechul, I think you should go,” I got up from his side and walked towards the door. Opening it I gestured for him to leave. Heechul sat there for a moment before getting up with a heavy sigh.

 

“Come on babe it’s out last day together before you go and you’re kicking my out?” He gave me these absolutely pathetic puppy dog eyes.

 

“Yeah I am I need to get some rest before tomorrow.” I was beyond irritated and I wanted him to get out. After going back and forth for about ten minutes I finally got him to leave.

 

“Soojung ah,” I called softly knocking on her door. She didn’t respond so I slowly opened the door and peeked my head inside.

 

“What do you want?” I could hear the anger in her voice.

 

“I’m sorry okay,” Sitting next to her on the bed I wrapped my arms around her shoulder. “If it makes you feel any better I really didn’t want him around.” I place a tender kiss on the back of her neck.

 

“What are you doing?” Krystal pulled back and turned to look at me.

 

“Is there anything wrong with expressing my love?” Taking her hand in mine I absentmindedly played with her fingers.

 

“Sooyeon I don’t feel like getting into this with you. Not now.” She was definitely upset about Heechul having been here and now she was being all cold and distant. I lay back against her headboard pulling her with me. Regardless of whether or not she was mad at me she didn’t put up a fuss.

 

“You were the one, you always were,” Krystal brushed her lips against my cheek. “Ever since I was little I knew no matter how hard I tried you would always be the one. I’d never love anyone the way I did you.” There was no sign of doubt in her eyes as she looked into mine own. It’s strange because I never dreamed that I’d be in a position like this, let alone with my sister.

 

“I love you Soojung,” I whispered tightening my hold around her waist. I could feel Krystal’s heart beating in sync with my own as she lay against me.

“I love you too Sooyeon,” she smiled lightly before turning to give me a peck on the lips. Moments of peace like this are what I long for. Just being with the woman I love reveling in her warmth.

 

But I can’t get too attached to this luxury for Krystal’s sake. She needs a chance at a normal life. It was selfish of me to beg her to let me go with her, especially when I was hoping to find someone else for my sister. This month is meant to not only give us a chance to be together but for me to show Krystal that I’m not the only one she’ll ever love.

 

“Come on let’s go to bed we’ll need lots of rest before we leave tomorrow,” I prompted adjusting ourselves so that we were in a more comfortable position. With one arm draped over Krystal she rested her head on my chest.

 

She looked so peaceful sleeping next to me. Sure we had slept with each other dozens of times before this but knowing that we have feeling for each other somehow makes it mean more. I really do love and cherish my sister and I’d hate to hurt her even though I already have so many times. But if all goes according to plan Krystal will be happy when all is said and done.

 

Needless to say I was worried about how the trip was going to turn out, but I knew one thing for sure at least one of us was coming home heart broken and all my money was on me.

 

No matter how much I love her I can’t ruin her life because of the way I feel. We both know that what we feel for each other is wrong, but for a brief moment we will be able to enjoy the bliss of one another’s love while we’re in New York.

 

New York is a big city and anything can happen. All I can do is hope that everything turns out all right with as little damage as possible.

 

“Goodnight Soojung ah,” I kissed her forehead one last time before allowing sleep to take over my body.