10 things I hate about you & your parents

Dream Big!

 

Suho: DO you are my best friend.

Suho: You are like an adorable and handsome little hamster.

Suho: Or a squishy beanbag pillow.

D.O.: wtf

D.O.: please tell me this isnt how u that douche

Suho: You are also the best vice president anyone could ask for.

Suho: You're responsible.

Suho: And kind.

Suho: Not to mention an excellent chef.

Suho: I love you <3

D.O.: suho I have a limited texting plan so just tell me what u want

Suho: Nothing! Simply the joy of conversation with my best friend. Whom I love. <3

D.O.: …

Suho: But if you happen to have spare time and would like to prepare a full course meal for 5, that would also be great!  Ok talk to you later!

Suho has signed off

D.O.: SUHO KIM I AM NOT UR PERSONAL CHEF!!!!! >:(

 

 

D.O.: any allergies? dietary restrictions?

 

---

There are a number of things Kris despises about these seasonal visits from the Kim parental unit.

 

1. Suho becomes obsessed with turning his house into a page from Home & Living.

"Hello?"

"Kai, where the are you?!  Basketball practice started half an hour ago!"

"Oh….  I'm so sorry, captain! But Suho got upset because I bought the wrong curtain shade, so now I have to go return it --Hello, ma'am!  I was wondering if you carry these curtains in 'Lemonade Yellow'?  ...No, it can't be 'Sunshine Yellow,' sorry...you see, my grandpa is really picky about his curtains; it’s one of those things…"

"Kai when you joined the basketball team, you joined a brotherhood..."

"Yeah, yeah, but Suho is paying me $100 an hour to do this!  And I'm getting a huge workout running around, I promise!"

"Kai--"

"Score! They have the Lemonade curtains!   Sorry Captain I gotta go; talk to you later!"

 

2. Kris gets extremely blue balls.

Beep beep.  

Suho immediately detaches himself from a panting Kris.

"What--"

"Time to go," Suho announces. "I set an alarm."

"...you have got to be kidding me."  

"No, Kris.  I allowed 7.5 minutes only."  Suho gently but firmly pries Kris' hands off his backside.  "Goodbye."

"But..I…you..we were...! Are you a ing robot or something?"  Kris stares in disbelief as Suho calmly buttons up his shirt and reaches up to fix his hair.  

Suho gives him a placid smile, like he hadn't just been ing Kris literally ten seconds ago.  

"I'm sorry Kris, but I'm running on an extremely tight schedule. I'm already behind on my extra credit assignments.  Meanwhile, the flower arrangements downstairs still need a lot of work, not to mention the colors completely clash. Sehun bought the completely wrong-shaped pillows, which throws off the entire balance of the sitting room, and I’m considering changing the color scheme of the kitchen..."

As Suho babbles on, Kris slowly slides his hands into Suho's pants and pulls Suho closer.  Maybe Suho won’t notice…

"Kris! What did I just say? Get out!"

Outside, Kai freezes in the middle of t Suho's bushes into regular tetrahedrons.  He drops the tape measurer and shears in shock as he sees his fuming basketball captain climb out of Suho's window, clad in nothing but a pair of extremely tented boxers.

 

3. Kris' mother is determined to drag him on multiple embarrassing trips down memory lane.

KRIS BABY VIDEO: 4/1997 

"Honey, be careful up there!" Mrs. Wu calls.

 “Look Suho! I’m a dragon! Rawr!” 7-year-old Kris waves from his perch on the large tree branch, a pair of green wings on his back.  There’s a painted cardboard mask around his face.  

"Even as a child you were horrible at drawing.  Haha, I'm joking of course."

“Dragons don’t exist, Kris!" From his seat on the tree, 6-year-old Suho crossly folds his arms. "You're a butterfly, okay?"

“Wow, even as a kid you were such a killjoy.  Haha, I'm just kidding of course."

"But I wanna be a dragon!"

"Pleeeease, Kris?"

"Okay...fine."  Heaving a long-suffering sigh, Kris sticks a flower into his hair. “There. I’m a dragon butterfly. Happy?”

Suho beams.

Kris frowns.  He doesn't recall being such a pushover. 

"Come on Suho, let's go higher!"

“No!  I’m scared! Mommy, Daddy, let me down!!”  A tearful Suho hugs the tree branch as he stares wide-eyed at the one-foot drop below him.

"Okay Suho, Daddy's coming--"

"Don't worry Suho, I'll save you! Rawr!  Uh, I mean, flap flap!" Kris jumps from his perch above.  Unfortunately, in his eagerness he forgets that human bodies--especially 6-year-old human bodies--do not make good landing pads.

"Kris, honey, don't--"

Crack.

"OW!" Suho screams as his best friend crashes onto him.

"OW!!!!!" Kris screams as he falls to the floor.

"...and that's how Kris broke his arm." A laughing Mrs. Wu concludes as little Kris and little Suho sob in unison on the screen.  

17-year-old Kris glares at his mother.  17-year-old Suho glares at Kris, rubbing at the familiar scar on his knee.  As always, these nostalgic get-togethers are an exercise in extreme embarrassment and one-sided amusement.

"I can't believe it's been ten years already." Mrs. Wu looks fondly at her stiff son and his "best friend," wiping tears of mirth from her eyes.  "It seems like just yesterday when Suho's mother and I were knitting baby jumpers together, wondering what our little babies would grow up to be like.  And here you are today, best friends, and such handsome young men!"  She pinches Kris' cheeks.

Kris is about ready to drown in embarrassment, while Suho looks incredulous.  "My mother knitted?" He tries and fails to imagine her doing anything mildly domestic.

"Well, we both didn’t get very far with the jumpers,” Mrs. Wu admits.  “They fell apart almost as soon as we started. Still, as first time mothers, we wanted to do everything ourselves.  Oh, to be young again…Suho, we should watch more of these videos together when your parents return.  I know your mother adores them."

"That sounds wonderful!" Suho smiles sweetly.  Predictably, Mrs. Wu melts. 

"...you had better bury all those tapes before my parents come back," Suho hisses after Mrs. Wu disappears into the kitchen.  

For once, Kris is in total agreement with Suho.

 

4. The Kims stand out. 

The moment the shiny limo-cab pulls to a stop in front of Suho's house, Kris can practically feel the curious eyes of all the neighbors peering out from behind their curtains.

Trust the Kims to always draw attention.

"Suho! Have you grown taller?"  Mr. Kim, looking every bit as neat and buttoned-up as his son, shells out a $100 tip for the driver.  

"5 millimeters since July," Suho replies proudly, as he grabs Kris' arms in a vicelike grip.  Oh, right. They're supposed to be BFFs still.

Mrs. Kim hugs Suho and Kris, enveloping them in a cloud of perfume.  "Kris, is that a new hairstyle?  You look so handsome!  And how is your mother?"

"She's good.  She's really excited that you're back."  Kris reaches out a hand to help with the suitcases.

Mr. Kim waves him off.  "The butler can take care of that."

"Dad, we don't have a butler, remember?" Suho reminds his father.  "Exo isn't exactly rife with job opportunities for the aspiring houseservant."  He pulls out his phone.  "Maybe I can call Sehun or Kai though...?"

Suppressing his eyeroll, Kris takes the unattended suitcases.

"No butler!?" Mrs. Kim looks horrified.  "My poor baby.  How have you been surviving in this dump?"

 

"I've forgotten how quaint this town can be," Mr. Kim remarks as he settles into the shiny booth, rap music playing loudly in the background.  "I can't remember the last time I had a hamburger."

Kris can feel the eyes of the entire diner on them as Mr., Mrs., and the youngest Kim dig into their burgers with the forks, knives and tablecloth that Suho had brought along. He’s deeply regretting his decision to introduce them to Burgerz now, after Mr. Kim had insisted that they "eat like the locals do."  He prays that none of the basketball team shows up.

"How is school going for the two of you?” Mr. Kim asks as he carefully attaches a fry to his fork.  Beside him, Mrs. Kim searches Burgerz' nutritional information on her phone.

“Exo High is a cesspit of underachievers,” Suho responds immediately.  “Just last week, I tried setting up a peer tutoring program out of the kindness of my heart and my desire to share my knowledge, but only one person showed up!”

“D.O.?” Kris asks.  Suho kicks him under the table.

“That’s my boy.” Mr. Kim claps Suho on the back. "Always taking care of others."

“Maybe we should have sent you to Super Junior Prep,” Mrs. Kim frets.  “Children from public schools can be so uncivilized.  Why, I heard that a few weeks ago there was a horrible mob fight at your school’s Homecoming Parade!  Apparently a lunatic broke onto the main float…?"

“Uh…” Kris and Suho exchange nervous glances.  “It wasn’t exactly a…”

“...but of course, Suho wouldn’t hear of changing schools when we first suggested it."  Mrs. Kim pats Kris' arm.  "He nearly threw a fit. He insisted that he had to attend high school with his best friend.” 

Kris turns to Suho in surprise as he recalls that long, lonely summer before high school. He'd always thought Suho had grown too busy and self-important to notice Kris’ below-average existence.  

Suho blinks rapidly.  "Really? Hah, it was such a long time ago, I don't remember at all!" He pointedly ignores Kris' stare.  "Well, it doesn't matter anyway; I'll be leaving this poor excuse of a school soon enough.  Mom, Dad, did I tell you about my application for Sooman University?"  Suho immediately launches into his familiar speech about how he's destined for the #1 school in the country.

 

5. Golf.  Why can't rich people find better hobbies?

"5th win for me, none for you," Suho announces cheerfully as he pats an imaginary bead of sweat from his forehead.

"Shut up.  Golf isn't a real sport."  Kris is bored to death.   He can't believe they spent over two hours in the limo, all for the sake of this supposed “first-rate” golf resort. This is even worse than yesterday's horseback riding. Thus far, the most exciting part of the morning has been observing the back of Suho's shorts each time the other boy bent over to reach the ball.

A few feet away, his mother and Suho’s mother are watching them and talking animatedly as they sip on ridiculously overpriced glasses of lemonade.  Kris smiles at them before giving Suho a hard, friendly slap on the shoulder.

“If you win the next round, I’ll allow you 8.5 minutes tonight,” Suho offers with a wide smile.

“ off,” Kris snaps, smiling even wider.

 

 

6.  The bottomless credit cards.

Kris scans the menu desperately for anything that a) doesn’t cost 3 figures b) he can pronounce.

“Here, just get that one,” Suho whispers, pointing to a jumble of letters and vowels that end with $359.

"What is it?"

“Langue de boeuf.  It's basically steak; you'll love it.”

"Order up, boys," Mr. Kim encourages.  "It's all on me.  And may I recommend their excellent wine.  Any preferences?"

"Dad, I'm seventeen!" Suho exclaims, scandalized. 

Kris recalls his past experiences with alcohol (all of which have involved Suho, now that he thinks about it...) and declines.  As the waiter collects their menus, Mr. Kim looks at Suho with a familiar gleam in his eyes.  

"So, son, any ladies catch your eye lately?"

"No." Suho gives the same succinct answer he's given for the past 5 years.

"You know dear, you really aren't getting any younger..."

"Mom, I'm seventeen!I"

"Your mother and I got married when we were seventeen."  

“I know.”  A faint scowl passes Suho's face, but just as quickly, it's replaced by his usual calm smile. "But I'd like to get a degree first, before I chain myself down to an unfulfilling existence."

“Oh Suho, you say the funiest things!  Love is always right around the corner--“

"--and so is the restroom, apparently.  Excuse me, I’ll be right back.  By the way, Kris is dating the head cheerleader at Exo."

As Mr. and Mrs. Kim train their eager eyes on him, Kris makes a mental note to kill Suho later.

 

"Oh look, isn't that gorgeous!"  Mrs. Kim stops to admire a silver bracelet in the display case; a pink diamond heart hangs off of the chain.  "Kris, I'm sure your girlfriend would love this little item!"

Kris gulps. Said "little" item probably costs more than his liver and kidneys. "Thanks Mrs. Kim, but I'm not sure if I can afford..."

"Oh, not a problem dear!"  Mrs. Kim pulls out her credit card as she motions for a salesperson.

"No!" Suho snaps before the sales lady can take another step. Four pairs of wide eyes blink at him in surprise.  "Er...Kris’ girlfriend hates pink."

 

"Here!" Five minutes after they exit the store, Suho slams a small box into Kris' chest.

"Ow! The fu...?" Kris opens the box, revealing a shiny silver watch.  He glances at Suho's wrist, where an exact copy sits.

"It’s for you. Maybe if you gain a concept of time, you’ll finally understand the value of abiding by schedules.  Wear it."   Without awaiting a reply, Suho hurries to join his parents' conversation.

 

 

7. Conversations between Suho and his parents = a game of catch between blindfolded players.

"The pasta is delicious!  Did you really make this entire dinner yourself, dear?"

Kris snorts.  From underneath the table, Suho kicks him.

"I'm glad you like it!" Suho beams at his mother.  Mrs. Kim puts down her fork.

"I meant to ask, though, what are all these odd decorations doing all over the place?  Don't you think they clash a bit with the wallpaper?"

"Oh!" Suho immediately sits up straighter in his seat as his parents finally notice the conversation pieces he'd placed strategically around the house.  "Well! The trophy over there was from my debate competition last January.  The second was an award from Principal Lee for making the highest PSAT score in the district.  The third was from the mayor for my countless hours dedicated to community service, which Exo High’s newspaper called ‘the most impressive feat in the past year’—“

"Don't you and D.O. write the entire newspaper?" Kris interrupts.  Suho kicks him again under the table.

“—then the fourth trophy is from my math competition last week.  I was hoping you two could have made it...but that's alright!  I only won second place, after all.  But actually...“

Mr. Kim's phone rings.

"Oh, excuse me, Suho. I have to take this. Keep talking."

Suho hesitates.

"You were saying, dear?" Mrs. Kim prods.

"Um, right."  Suho's eyes flick toward his father, who is now talking rapidly into his phone.  "Well, my upcoming debate competition is in two weeks and since you're both in town this month, I thought you could come?  You've never been to one before, so it would definitely be an interesting and educational experience.  I’ve printed out the invitations already, right here…"

Mr. Kim rejoins the conversation with a wide smile. "Great news, honey!  The resort we booked said that their previous guest cancelled, so we can have a full two months after all!  We can even leave first thing tomorrow."

Suho's hands freeze in its journey toward the water pitcher.  

"Really?!  Oh, that's wonderful!" Mrs. Kim grabs her husband's arm in excitement.  

"Hold on...you're not actually leaving tomorrow?" Suho demands.

"Well, why not! It's Costa Rica, after all! You want to come with us this time, Suho?  Get out of this dump for a while?"

"...of course not!"  Suho stares at his father incredulously. "I can't just leave school for two months to go on vacation! I have college applications. Responsibilities. Duties. Because I don't abandon people after I promise them something."

Kris shovels the pasta as fast as he can into his mouth.  Maybe if he finishes early, he can sneak out...

"Ah, yes, you've always been such a responsible boy," Mrs. Kim sniffs proudly.  "You must get it from your father..."

"Always so independent," Mr. Kim agrees.  "Don't worry son, we'll be sure to send you those little trinkets that you like so much..."

Kris can already see the first fissures beginning to form in Suho's expression.

"And it’s too bad we won't be able to make your event, dear. What was it again?  It sounded like fun!  Be sure to take lots of pictures of you and your friends!"

"It's a debate competition, not a beach party." Suho says through gritted teeth.   "I can't just take selfies in the middle of my speech.  ...Seriously, do neither of you have any concept of what high school is like?  Or my life, for that matter?”

"Hey, this soup is really good," Kris interrupts as Suho's brittle smile and composure look about ready to fall off into his dinner plate. "Wow Suho you sure are a great chef." 

"Excuse me," Suho mutters.  "I need to use the restroom; I feel slightly--no, extremely nauseous."  Before he stands, he gives Kris' foot another kick.  You're coming with me.

"Uh, me too.  I mean, not the same bathroom of course.  But I need to pee.  Really badly.  Because I drank a lot of soup. Which Suho definitely made. From scratch--"

"Kris, shut the up and just follow me," Suho hisses under his breath as he passes by Kris' chair.  Kris jumps up, not daring to disobey.  A swearing Suho is not a force to be taken lightly.

 

8. The inevitable explosion.

While most of Exo high may know Suho Kim, Jr. as the perfect, straight-A, know-it-all president of way too many clubs, Kris has survived enough of Suho's temper tantrums over the past two decades to know better.  Underneath his perfectly starched shirts, expensive cardigans, and toothpaste-commercial smile, Exo High's student council president is still the same spoiled brat who cried his way into getting the best snacks and crayons in kindergarten. (Not that Kris minded at the time, because any favors Suho got were automatically conferred to his BFF)  The only difference now is that he's acquired a more sophisticated vocabulary.

"I cannot ing believe them!" Suho screams as he knocks his huge dictionary off the table with a violent swipe.  Kris hurriedly catches it before it crashes to the floor. 

"...why even bother coming back then?  Just write me another check and be done with it!"

Kris dives to save Calculus, Fifth Edition.

"Oh, right, so you can pretend that you're fulfilling your "caretaking" duties.  Please, like you even care!"

Supreme Court History. Foreign Policy in the Cold War. How I Learned to Be A Leader.  Kris' ball-saving skills are on full display now as he catches objects left and right. 

"And by the way, I hate those 'little trinkets'!  They're not even historically accurate!"

Kris snorts.

“Shut up, Kris!”

Suho continues ranting, his voice and random objects flying against the walls of his thankfully soundproof room.  After he's finally done attacking the contents of his table, he settles for pacing back and forth and sniffing angrily.  Kris watches warily as he cautiously returns Suho's items to their original position. Over the past seventeen years, he’s become accustomed to dealing with Suho’s hidden temper, but he'd hoped, with Mr. and Mrs. Kim's supposedly longer stay, that Mount Suho would erupt a bit later.  

"Suho, maybe you should sit down before you destroy your carpet..."

That's all the invitation Suho needs before he stalks over and deposits himself into Kris' lap.  Kris barely has a moment to take in a breath before Suho attacks, kissing Kris so hard that he nearly falls over on Suho's bed. Suho doesn't relent; he presses himself closer and clings on tighter, the breath out of an increasingly lightheaded Kris. Kris leans back against Suho's headboard, losing himself to the feeling of Suho’s insistent hands and mouth. He’s almost forgotten how addicting it is to be the sole subject of Suho's intense and undivided focus.

"How...many...minutes?" He asks between kisses.

 

To Kris' disappointment, they don't get very far before Suho feels the need to start complaining again. 

“I shouldn’t even be surprised,” Suho sniffs into Kris’ shirt. “They always do this.”

“Well, ah,” Kris tries, losing his words as he feels his shirt getting suspiciously damp.  Angry Suho, smug Suho, insufferably cheerful Suho he can deal with, but not this...

“You know, when they told me they’d be here for an entire month, I thought they finally wanted to be more involved.  Last chance to be a family before I left for college, or something." Suho admits between sniffs.  

"Is that why you went overboard with the lemonade curtains and ?"

"Lemonade--I told Kai to get the "Lemon Citrus"...! Well, not that it matters anyway." Suho slumps. "This place is just a pit stop for them.  As usual.”

“They did invite you to go with them…” Kris tries again.

“Yeah, I'm just another piece of luggage to them,” Suho mumbles.  “Nothing I do at school, nothing that I do with my life, matters to them.”

"Hey man, that's not true. My mom made me watch all those stupid baby videos, and your parents always listened to you. You were totally spoiled." Kris enviously recalls baby Suho's mountain of toys.

“Sure...until they got bored of playing house.  Then they left me for their globe-hopping adventures.  And I don't blame them; what wealthy, barely-out-of-their-teens couple wants to be held down in some small town?  I’m just an unfortunate byproduct of their 1990s ed."

Kris blinks. "What?"

"Why do you think my parents married so young?  True love?" Suho snorts and buries his face deeper into Kris' shirt, unwilling to look up.

"I...but they seem happy together."

"I'm sure not having to deal with a brat, save a few annual visits, did wonders for their marriage."

"Wait..." Kris wonders why he never put 2 and 2 together until now. "Is that why our moms became such good friends?"

"Probably. There are only so many teenage mothers, even in a town like this. Except your parents actually cared enough to stick it out."

"Stop, they're your parents; they have to care," Kris insists.  "Why don't you try talking to them about it?" He tries unsuccessfully to get Suho to stop hiding in his shoulder.  "I know it's not the same thing, but my mom and I talked when I was having uh...issues...about my dad, and it kinda helped."

"And say what? Hey, sorry for the sweet seventeen miracle I must have been?  My parents and I aren't exactly the heart-to-heart type, in case you hadn't noticed."

Kris pokes Suho.  "Come on, what about all that 'more communication fosters better understanding' you kept shoving down our throats last year?"

"D.O. wrote all my campaign speeches."

"Oh. Well, still."  Kris reaches instinctively for tissues as soon as Suho finally lifts his head. He can never stand Suho's crying face.  "Man, you still look -ugly when you cry.” 

Suho laugh-sniffs and slaps Kris' hands away.  "And you still look uglier, 24/7."   He extricates himself and smooths down his hair. Pats his shirt.  Smiles up at Kris.  Like that, model-student Suho has returned.  "It's fine, Kris.  I'm fine.  Come on, we should get back downstairs.”  

For the remainder of dinner, Suho's smile remains securely pasted onto his face.  Mount Suho is dormant again, but Kris feels completely unsettled.

 

9. The aftermath: Suho's wallowing.

The silver Rolls Royce is no longer parked in the Kim driveway.  There's a pile of curtains, rugs, pillows, horse paintings and broken frames sticking out of the dumpster by Suho's house. On the lawn sits a huge box labelled "DVDs--For Kai and Sehun."

Kris glances at his new watch and hesitates, before walking up to the front door and pressing the intercom.

"Kim residence."

"Come on, you could've given me those paintings. Or the frames; I need something to put my drawings in." 

"Your 'drawings' don't deserve frames," comes the (completely uncalled for, in Kris' opinion) response.  A few seconds later, Suho pokes his head out of the front door.  "Look Kris, I'm not really in the mood today..."

He trails off in surprise as he takes in Kris's appearance.  "You own a suit?"

Ignoring him, Kris strides into Suho's house.  The trophies are back in their display cases, under lock and key.  The pantry and kitchen are completely bare, except for the stack of Tupperware in the fridge labeled Monday-breakfast through Sunday-dinner in D.O.’s sharpie.  In the living room, the bookshelves contain once again Suho's sleep-inducing collection of documentaries. Once again, the house resembles a nerd pad rather than a spread from Family Living.

“Yes, welcome, Kris. Make yourself at home, why don’t you?” Suho asks crossly, as Kris flicks through the titles. “Are you finished snooping now? Feel free to leave anytime.”

“Hey, let's watch a movie.  Where's the one with all the dudes with long hair? And the horses?”

“It’s a wonder you even passed History," Suho mutters, retrieving An In-Depth Look at the American Colonies from the bottom shelf.  Still, he settles into the couch, for once allowing Kris to put his arms around him.

As Suho hangs on to the narrator's words in rapt attention, Kris divides his attention between Suho's profile and the angry texts beginning to flood his phone.  

“Hey, Suho?”

“Hmm?”

"About your parents, I..."

Suho begins crunching extremely fast and extremely loudly on his celery sticks, drowning out both Kris' and the narrator's voices.

Half an hour later, Kris tries again.

"Suho?"

"What!?"

Eyeing Suho’s assortment of raw vegetable snacks, Kris chooses his words carefully.  "Hey. If you ever want to come over to my house for dinner or whatever, you can.  Whenever.  I mean, it’s not a 5-star French restaurant or anything, but… I mean, my mom already thinks you’re perfect for some reason.  And it’s not like you eat a lot anyway, so--”

"Kris?"

"Yeah?"

"This is the good part; pay attention.”

Kris glances at the TV, where a bespectacled Professor Changmin Shim, Ph.D., of Dongbang Research Institute, is discussing the “socioeconomic structures of the early American colonies.”  Whatever that means.

Eventually, Suho drifts off to sleep, curled up in his usual fetal position.  Kris turns off the TV and leans over to poke at Suho's furrowed forehead in an attempt to smooth it out. Even when they're so close, Suho always feels miles away. Kris flops back against the couch and sighs. Their not-quite relationship, not-quite friendship confuses him to no end. He can never tell what part of it is rooted in actual affection and what part in convenience. The more Suho talks about being meant for a bigger and better future outside of Exo, the more Kris wonders whether he's included in the things Suho is so eager to leave behind in a few months.

 

"Hey, sup, I'm not here.  This is my answering machine, not me.  Well I mean, it is me but like, not actually me, ya know?   Anyway, leave a message and I'll get back to you. Bye.  Oh, and this is Kris by the way. I forget if I said that already."

-beeep-

"KRIS?  Kris, where the hell are you!? I left you, like, a million texts!!! Are you ignoring me??!!  You were supposed to pick me up...Mom, what time is it?...like half and hour ago!  I'm going to get a ride with a friend, but you'd better be heading to Taeyeon's house right! this! second!  Are you listening to me, KRIS?!...Oh sorry, not you Krystal. Hold on, what are you wearing?! That skirt is way too short--go change into something else! Hey, don’t bring MY outfit into this… What was I saying? Oh right. Have those flowers ready for when you ask me out. And practice your speech once more on the way over.  I don't know what you could possibly be doing right now that's more important than me...but I swear, if you don't show up, I am going to take my eyelash trimmer and cut off both of your--" 

-beeep-


 

This was actually meant to be part of the previous chapter but it got a bit long so I separated it. So yeah this part isn't about "finding true love" any longer...or is it?  haha.  Also sorry bout the family drama(ish); next part will be back to the glee club overall and more lighthearted stuff. Also my summer job is picking up and I'm preparing to travel soon so I won't have time to update my stories in a while; probably not until after school starts. Please stick around until then...?  If you want :D. I promise there's still way more to this story!