gamefreak

gamefreak

edit: hello readers, i did some editing to indicate who's thoughts/monologue is it with different font colours. do check out the description if you get confused along the way..=P


A loud bang startled Kyuhyun and he woke up with a jerk. He heard keys rattling and Ryeowook’s greeting.

“Where did you go?” Kyuhyun asked half a sleep.

“Ummm.. for a walk..” Ryeowook answered.

For two hours? Yeah, right. But he was too lazy too ask anything further and closed his eyes again.

Ryeowook was glad Kyuhyun didn’t ask him more questions. “I’ll go make dinner.” He said, as he walked towards the kitchen.

“Wook-ah, you’re back.” Sungmin said, his head popping out from his room. It made Kyuhyun wake up again. He looked at Sungmin, who was now smiling ear to ear.

What’s up with the cheesy smile?

Sungmin gestured Ryeowook to enter his room. “Why, hyung? I was going to make dinner.” Ryeowook asked, puzzled by Sungmin’s action.Why is he so happy out of sudden?

Sungmin hurried out of his room and caught Ryeowook hand. “Dinner can wait.” He said as he dragged Ryeowook into his room.

****

Kyuhyun’s eyes burned with jealousy. How dare he hit on Sungmin!

That new housemate of his is testing his patience. Before he came Sungmin only paid attention to me, but now? That JERK!

Kyuhyun heard them laugh out loud. It made him angrier. He couldn’t take anymore. He stomped towards Sungmin’s room and opened the door without knocking.

He regretted not knocking when he saw Ryeowook and Sungmin in a tight hug in the middle of the room.

His jaw dropped, he wanted to say something but his mind went blank. Instead, his mouth ended up gaping like a goldfish.

They immediately broke the hug up and looked at Kyuhyun shyly. Sungmin was blushing to his ears and was biting his lower lip.

Aishh.. he is so cute, I can’t even yell at him.

Ryeowook realized that Kyuhun has misunderstood the situation and was about to tell it out when Sungmin caught his hand shook his head.

Ryeowook’s eyed Sungmin with confusion. Kyuhyun looked at Sungmin who was still holding Ryeowook’s hand. The sight made his blood rush to his brain. He wanted to explode and shout all of his annoyance out but he didn’t want Sungmin to know his true feelings. Not yet.

So he walked away and locked himself up in his room.

“Hyung, why did you stop me..?” Ryeowook asked.

“Wook-ah, I need your help.” Sungmin said. And judging from the smile Sungmin had on his face Ryeowook guessed it wasn’t going to be an easy favor.

*****

“Kyuhyun-ah, come out and have some breakfast.” Sungmin called.

“I’m not hungry.” Kyuhyun answered. His appetite is the last thing on his mind now. The image of Sungmin and Ryeowook hugging haunted him the entire night that he hardly got any sleep. He didn’t eat his dinner and stomach was growling but he didn’t feel like eating. Not with two people PDAing in front of me.

Sungmin realized Kyuhyun was disturbed by what he saw yesterday and although he knew he was being mean, he didn’t want to give up on his plan so quickly. I’ll make it up to him later.

“Okay, fine. I’ll go ahead and eat first then. Wook-ah, let’s go’” Sungmin said as he walked to the kitchen. Ryeowook felt guilty towards Kyuhyun but he had agreed to Sungmin’s plan and had no choice but to play along.

At the dining table Ryeowook whispered, “Hyung, are you sure it’s alright? How if he gets depressed or something?”

“I know, I realize that too. But I want him to tell his feelings for me first. And for that to happen I’ve got to do this.”

“Why can’t you do the confessing? Wouldn’t it make things way easier for both of you.?” And me.

Sungmin sighed. “Trust me, if I tell him my feelings he’ll just smirk and push me aside. So I have to make him do it.” He said, munching on his cereal.

“Why.. why do you think he’ll push you away? He likes you too, right?” Ryeowook asked, his eyebrows furrowed.

“Hmm..that boy’s brains works in a weird way. He’s scared of getting close to people and sharing his feelings. Thinks that whoever who is close to him, ends up leaving him somehow. It took me nearly 1 year to get him talk to me more then 5 minutes. I’ve got no idea where he got that complex from though.I need him to realize that I’m here for him and that he can rely on me.” Sungmin explained “Besides, I deserve this much for the amount of headache I went through because of his game addiction.” He added, smiling.

Ryeowook smiled along. “Hyung, you think he buries himself in games because he’s afraid of direct human connection?”

“I asked that to him before. He denied it. But it’s obvious isn’t it?”

Ryeowook nodded.