Chapter 2

The Beauty and the Geek

Guys, I really wanted to post pictures of Do and Dara to show how they look like in this fic but I don't know how. so just use your imaginations. hehehe. mianhe.

and I think I will extend this fic to 4 or more chapters. just maybe ^_^ \/

PS: Im having a hard time to write this fic since It's hard for me to express my ideas in English. so mianhe if you find it lacking to your expectations. Btw, thanks for subscribing and comments. :)


 

Narrator’s POV

 

“Kyungie you’re late.” Dara pouted while crossing her arms.

 

“Mianhe. I slept late last night that’s why I also woke up late. I’m really sorry for letting you wait.” Kyungsoo look down and bit his lower lips for he was guilty letting his friend wait for about 15 minutes outside a mall where they decided to meet.

 

It is true that he slept late last night because of too much thinking of what will happen today (or should I say too much excitement ^o^) and his alarm clock was no great of help for he forgot to set it (talking about too much excitement). Even what clothes to wear also gave him a problem because he was not used on going out with friends (especially with a girl) and he wanted to look good in front of her.

 

“You’re using that lip biting on me huh? You know that I can’t resist your cuteness.” She was now smiling at him.

 

“Hmm. You look so pretty and cute too. As always.” She looked so pretty indeed wearing that pink blouse paired with short shorts and sneakers. Her hair is just on her usual style and she wears light make up.

 

Kyungsoo was not sure but he thought he saw her blush but she turned around looking at the people entering the mall.

 

“Hmm. Let’s go now. This will be a long day to enjoy.” Dara grabbed his hands and lead him inside the mall.

 

Kyungsoo’s POV

I was looking at our intertwined hands while walking along the ways inside the mall. Dara is busy looking at the stalls while my heart is busy doing drum beats inside my chest.

 

m.m.maybe this is normal to her since she just came from America. Yeah holding hands is just normal for them. I.. I think so.

 

I was too busy staring at our hands when I didn’t notice we entered an eyeglasses store. When I finally looked around. I wondered why she brought me here.

 

“Eh?”

 

“We’re going to change that grandma glasses of yours.” She smiled widely and looked for different glasses. She released my hand from hers and I somehow felt I don’t want to let go.

 

Aigoo. What am I thinking?

 

When she finished choosing what she liked, she face me and tried different glasses on me consecutively.

 

“All of these suits you. Hmm. Which one do you like?”

 

“Any of that is ok to me.”

 

“Eh? Hmmm, how about contact lenses? It’s more convenient for sure.”

 

“I never tried wearing one but I guess I’ll give it a try. My mom suggests it too but I just haven’t got the time to buy it.”

 

When I finished having my lenses, I walk to her, sitting there waiting for me. She smiled upon looking at me.

 

“You’re cute with glasses but cuter with just your bare round eyes.”

 

I just looked down feeling shy because of her endless compliments.

 

“kamsamnida.”

 

“Let’s proceed to our next stop.” She held my hand again which made me happy inside.

 

Narrator’s POV

 

Their next stop was at hair parlor. Dara pulled him inside and lead to one of the hair dresser.

 

“Please give him a cut which will make him 10 times cuter.”

 

“I assure you that your boyfriend would be your eye candy and you will love him more.” The middle-aged girl hair stylist teased Dara. The latter just smiled. On the other hand, Kyungsoo blushed hard.

 

“I..I’m not her –“

 

“We’re just friends. Good friends.” Dara cut him off.

 

What she said is true and in fact it is him who wanted to correct the stylist, but hearing it from her that they are just merely friends somewhat made him sad. The stylist just look at both of them with amusement on her face.

 

“Aigoo. These kids. Hmm, let me start styling you now.” She smiled knowingly at them then guided Kyungsoo on his seat. Dara chose to sit in the sofa and picked up magazines while waiting for Kyungsoo.

 

“You like her don’t you?” the stylist suddenly asked Kyungsoo while she was styling him. He was a bit surprised about her question and didn’t manage to answer back. Instead he just smiled shyly.

 

“Of course you do.” The stylist smiled and continued her work.

 

Kyungsoo thought about what the question a while ago but was cut off when the stylist told him it’s done. He approach Dara who was busy flipping pages from the magazine she’s reading.

 

“I’m done.”

 

She looked up upon hearing her friend’s voice.

 

“Omo. Where is my friend Do Kyungsoo? Did you see him?” she joked around.

 

Kyungsoo just chuckled because of her antics.

 

“That’s too much of a reaction. I just re-styled my hair and I think nothing much has changed.”

 

She just giggled and stood up.

 

“Ehh. But really, it suits you well. Hmm, let’s go to --- aww!” Dara held her head and sat down again because of the sudden pain she felt. Kyungsoo surprised, held her shoulders and sat beside her.

 

“Dara are you okay? What happened?” too much concern was painted on his face.

 

“A.ahh, nothing. Just a sudden headache. This actually happens often. Don’t worry I’m ok.”

 

“B.but you’re pale. Are you sure you’re okay? Let me bring you to –“

 

“Ani. I’m okay. Really.” Dara held his hand and pressed lightly assuring him she’s fine. “Let’s just eat now. And maybe this is just because I’m hungry. Okay?” she smiled at him and stood up. Kyungsoo just nodded and followed her.

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

They were now seated inside a Japanese restaurant. They already ordered foods to eat.

 

“Are you really ok now?”

 

“Kyungie, this is your nth time asking me that. I’m really fine.”

 

“Mianhe. I’m just too worried. Just tell me if you feel in pain again. Arasseo?”

 

“You’re still the same. You worry too much.” Dara said in almost a whisper.

 

“What did you say?” Kyungsoo didn’t heard her clearly.

 

“Hmm? I said, don’t be too sweet, I might fall for you.” She teased. Then laugh at her blushing friend. The other just shake his head while smiling.

 

Their order has finally arrived.

 

While taking his food, Kyungsoo remembered what the hair stylist asked him a while ago. Does he like his friend? Well, she’s right. Of course he does. Who wouldn’t like Dara? She’s not just beautiful outside but much more inside. She gladly became his friend while others opted to bully him because of his image. She showed him nothing but goodness that he wondered did he do something nice to her for her to treat him like that. It’s easy to fall in love with this girl and now he’s here falling hard. Now that he has acknowledge his feelings for her, he wanted to confess but he thinks that Dara’s feeling for him is just merely for friendship. He still needs to build up courage for him to be able to confess.

 

He was unconsciously staring her who’s still eating. She noticed and looked at him and just smiled.

 

deh, I really am fallen for you.

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

The two spent the whole afternoon playing arcade, doing shopping and having fun. It’s already 4:00 pm and they decided to end the day.

 

“I really had fun Kyungie. Thanks for agreeing with this plan of mine.” They were now walking towards the bus stop.

 

“It was fun indeed. I’m beyond happy to be able to have a date with you. I..I.. I mean to spend time with you.. Ah no, wha..what I mean is to hang out with – “ Kyungsoo was panicking because of that slip of tongue. He was blushing and stuttering hard when he looked at her. She was just laughing at him. Her cheeks also flushed red.

 

“Aigoo. I get it. Let’s do this next time ok?”

 

“deh.” He ended scratching his not-itchy head and smiled awkwardly.

 

“Are you sure you’re okay that I will not walk you home?”

 

“Yes. Besides the sun is still up so no need to worry. I’ll just take a bus.”

 

“Ah, your bus is here.”

 

Dara was about to enter the bus when she stopped and went back to Kyungsoo. He thought she forget something so he also walk to her. To his surprise, Dara kissed his cheeks and smiled innocently.

 

“See you this monday Kyungie! Bye bye!” she waved and entered the bus.

 

Do was left dumbfounded, touching his cheeks that Dara just kissed.

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Dara smiled while watching her friend waving at her as the bus proceeded.

 

I’ll be glad if you will remember me, Do.

 

 

 

 

 

 


 

I told you that maybe I'll put Dara's POV in this chap but I ended not having it here. maybe in the next chapters.

 \(^_^)/ Kamsa readers :)