Chapter 3

The Beauty and the Geek

 

Shizz. Why do I  feel that everybody is looking at me? Do I really look that weird today?

 

Kyungsoo was walking along the corridors towards his classroom. Everyone was looking towards him as if he’s a new student (which is not. He’s been spending his entire high school life in Seoul High). He felt like he’s a stranger to their eyes. Some girls even look like they’re giddy over him. Kyungsoo just keep walking anxiously. He can’t wait to reach his classroom when he bumped to someone. It was no other than the bullord.

 

“What the hell! Can’t you see---“ Kwanghee cut what he’s about to say and stared at the boy who just bumped him. He stared at him from head to toe. The students along the corridors are watching both of them as if they’re waiting for their daily petty fights.

 

“Oh. Look what we have here. New get up huh? You think changing your style will make you less geekie and weird?” the bullord smirked devilishly.

 

Not this early monday morning again.

 

“I don’t have time to argue with you this early. So let me proceed to our roo—“

 

“Oh oh. So you’ve become confident now because of your pretty defender which obviously doesn’t have a good taste for men. So what you gonna do now? Call her again for help huh?”

 

“Could you please not include Dara here? You –“ Kyungsoo was cut off when two girls, which he thinks they’re just the same year as him from the other section, interrupted.

 

“Hey you. Could you please stop disturbing cutie Kyungsoo every day?” one of the girls butted in.

 

Cutie? Me?

 

Kyungsoo looked at the girl who just talked. The latter just smiled cutely at him. Then he looked at Kwanghee who is also surprise as he was.

 

“What the? Have you girls gone out of your mind? This pipsqueak is cute? THE HELL?”

 

“Yeah. Your nothing compared to him. We had enough of you bullying him.” the other girl sneered at Kwanghee.

2 or more girls approached and joined the force which made him confuse of what’s happening. On the other hand, Kyungsoo just had exchanging surprise look between the two sides quarrelling because of him.

 

“Wow. In the past, when I was making fun of this nerd, all of you were just laughing with us. Just because this punk had a change of looks and now you’re taking his side and ogling on him. Just plain wow.” Kwanghee raised both of his hand as if defeated and left them with pissed face.

 

The group of girls turned to Kyungsoo with satisfied faces and smiled at him.

 

“You alright Kyungsoo? That Kwanghee and his minions should not make fun of you again.” The other girls agreed with a nod on their head.

 

“Do,I never thought you were this cute. You look so adorable without those hideous glasses of yours.”

 

“And that hair suits you best. You’re so cu---“ Kyungsoo cut her off. He just got confuse of this sudden attention towards him.

 

“Hmm. Thanks for your compliments but I really need to go to my class now. And by the way, thanks for defending me a while ago but you don’t have to do that next time.” Kyungsoo bowed and went to his room.

 

When he entered the room, he saw Kwanghee together with his guys. He was glaring at him. He just ignored and went to his seat, still thinking what happen just a while ago when someone poked his cheek.

 

“Earth to Kyungie.” He met Dara’s smiling face. He touch his cheek which she just poked and then he remembered when she kissed her during their ‘date’ last weekend. He was utterly shocked and surprise that time when Dara kissed him before leaving. He blushed at that thought. When he looked at Dara again, he noticed that she’s pouting.

 

“Sudden change of moods neh?”

 

“I saw you.” Dara crossed her arms and faced Kyungsoo.

 

“Saw me?”

 

“Deh. I saw you a while ago. With those girls swarming on you. Defending you. Looks like you don’t need me anymore.” Kyungsoo find it interesting to see her acting like she’s jealous. She’s such an eye candy to him.

 

“Aigoo. Are you somewhat jealous?” Kyungsoo is now sure that his friend is blushing too. Her cheeks are in shades of red.

 

“Uhmm. You could say. I-- I just thought you wouldn’t hang out with me anymore or spend less time with me since you already have a fans club. Should I regret doing your make over?”

 

Kyungsoo is now amused seeing her friend acting like that. He likes it. No, actually he loves it. This somehow boost him up. He chuckled at her last comment.

 

“You know I won’t do that. I won’t exchange you with those fans clu—wait. What fans? I think they’re just helping me. Or maybe they’re not liking the bullying stuff.”

 

Dara just rolled her eyes and shrugged. Their professor entered their room and everybody is now in attention. The other just kept smiling the entire class hours liking the reaction from his ‘crush’ / friend.

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Aigoo. Why am I acting like a jealous girlfriend? I-I’m just his friend. But seeing him with those girls who are trying to defend him, which is supposed to be me, makes me feels uhmm – yeah, jealous. Why wouldn’t I? I liked this guy since we were in middle school. Unfortunately, he doesn’t remember me. No big deal. After all we’re close friends now.

 

After the morning class, she went to the comfort room to freshen up. She was busy fixing her hair when two girls entered. Both where the same year as her and one of them was the girl, named Krystal, who defended Kyungie a while ago. They stared at her from head to foot which made her feel a little bit uncomfortable.

 

“Oh. It’s the attention .” Krystal muttered enough to reach her ears. Dara was surprised. Yes, she knows some of the girls in their school is bitter to her because most of the boys are into her which she just ignored. But she didn’t expect that they will confront her.

 

“Excuse me?”

 

“We know you enjoy the attention the boys are showering you. Stop acting dumb.”

 

“You know what, I don’t care what you think about me. I know myself and I know I’m not doing anything wrong. So could you please step aside?”

 

Dara was about to go out of the rest room when the girls blocked her. Krystal shove her which made her back hit the wall.

 

“Being a sly fox is not wrong? You even have Kyungsoo always tagging along your side. I bet you did something to that innocent guy.”

 

 Dara remembered the familiar setting she’s facing now which she’s trying to forget and this brings a throbbing ache to her head as she fall down on her knees.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Why is she taking so long?

 

Kyungsoo is walking towards the comfort room. Dara ask to wait for her for they would take their lunch together. The girl’s comfort room is close so he decided to wait more. He was waiting for the door to finally open when he heard voices which sounds like they’re on panic. Kyungsoo immediately turned the door knob and found it was not locked. When he opened the door, he was shocked of what he saw. Dara was lying on the floor, one of the girls was trying to wake her up and the other was looking at him with a scared look on her face.

 

“Wh-what happened to her?” he is in panic too. He kneeled down and held Dara’s face gently. She was unconscious.

 

“I—we don’t know. We were just talking to her when she suddenly collapsed.”

 

“Don’t lie Krystal, you-you were saying bad things to her. Maybe that causes her to faint. I’m out of this Kyungsoo believe me. It was just her.”

 

“What?! Are you taking the blame on me traitor? I didn’t do this to her. As you said I was just talking. I didn’t know she would over react like this.” Krystal was glaring on her supposedly friend.

 

“Could you please stop and ask for other guys to help me bring Dara to the infirmary room! Now!”

 

Kyungsoo snapped after hearing the two girls frantically blaming each other. The two immediately rushed out of the room. He was mad at the two but decided to deal with them later because there is much more important thing to do and that is to bring Dara to the clinic. Dara and Kyungsoo are both on the floor, him supporting her. He gently wiped the sweat on her forehead.

 

“Dara, wake up. Dara.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


 super duper late update. mianhe T___T been busy the past days.

 

I at doing POVs so i'll just mix it.