Chapter 1

The Beauty and the Geek

DO’s POV

I was side glancing this girl sitting beside me. I am really wondering why it seems like she’s extra nice and comfy towards me. First, when she saved my from the bullies a while ago. Second, was when she introduced herself to the class. She smiled. Angelic smile. Innocent smile. Warm smile. All-positive-adjective-you-can-add smile ----- to me. It’s not that I think highly of myself (the me who is the eye candy of the bullies in the classroom?) that a girl with this beauty will smile only at me, but that’s what I think I saw (or is my thick glasses are just playing tricks). And lastly, now when she’s sitting next to me. There are plenty of empty seats but she chose here which is located at the back most part of the room.  I keep glancing at her when she noticed it. She smiled (AGAIN, that smile!)

 

“yes?”

 

“bb.bwo? ahh..nothing..” I timidly smile.

 

Maybe I’m just imagining things. She’s just friendly.

 

I just shrugged.

 

Narrator’s POV

It was lunch time and most of the students where in the cafeteria eating, chatting, playing, and whatever things they do during break time. Most of the students are gathered in group in a table except for Kyungsoo, eating alone in his table. Not that his a loser loner but nobody wants to befriend him, afraid that Kwanghee and the minions will also target them. He had two friends during the last years, namely Kai and Chanyeol, which the other students also called geeks or nerds and they were called “The Three StooGeeks”, thanks to Kwanghee. Unfortunately, two of them transferred school. He was left alone because he can’t afford to lose his scholarship. Yes, I forget to mention he’s a scholar.

 

He was peacefully sipping his apple juice when the ‘bullord’ (bully lord), harshly dropped his books on the table causing a loud bang which startled Kyungsoo. He choked on his drink and coughed hard. The villain and his minions just laughed. Kwanghee sat beside him.

 

“Oh sorry, I never thought you’re such a scaredy cat.”

 

Kyungsoo, already recovered, plastered his creepy stare at them.

 

“Whoa. Easy kid.” Kwanghee raised both his hand pretending to be scared but then laughed with his friends. Jo kwon, who was in front of Do, was about to snatch kyungsoo’s glasses again but a soft hand stopped him.

“Mind if I sit with you” the owner of that sweet angelic voice was talking particularly to Kyungsoo while her one hand is holding Jo Kwon’s arm and the other is holding a tray with foods on it.

 

“hhuh? Ahh yes.” Kyungsoo was slightly surprised at Dara’s sudden appearance. The other boys were also surprised but then thought this was a good opportunity to act cool in front of their new pretty classmate so they joined the table. There were actually five of the bullies, plus Dara and Kyungsoo, making it seven of them in one table. Kwanghee, two other guys and kyungsoo on the other part while Jo kwon, Dara, and other guy on the other side. The guys smiled sheepishly at her.

 

“hmm. Excuse me but I think Kyungie doesn’t want five of you here and as what I saw a while ago, he got this table first. So, mind if you guys take the other table there?” Dara pointed the other empty table on the opposite side.

 

The guys who was just smiling a while ago was now taken aback of what Dara said. Kyungsoo did the same.

 

“Kyungie? This geek? Are you friend with this guy?” Kwanghee, felt insulted.

 

“Hmm. I’m just about to make friends with him, so yeah. Problem?” Dara just casually said.

 

Bullord and his minions just looked confused. They wanted to protest but the girl seems impatient for them to leave. They stood up and started to leave the table.

 

“Soothe yourself.”

 

“Thank you.” Dara smiled at them.

 

She then shifted her eyes on kyungsoo who was left staring at her with confusion on his face. She chuckled which made him snap.

 

“Kyungie?” Kyungsoo pointed his self.

 

“deh. You’re Do Kyungsoo right? Kyungsoo. Kyungie. Kyungie. Kyungsoo. It’s cute. Can I call you that?” Dara batted her eyelashes looking cute in front of him anticipating his yes as if it’s a big favor she’s asking for.

 

“I.. I really don’t mind.” Kyungsoo blushed and smiled shyly.

 

“yay! Hmm, as what I said earlier, I wanted to make friends with you.”

 

“Why me?” Kyungsoo dumbly asked.

 

“Why not?“ she asked him back.

 

“B..because I’m a loser nerd, geek, weirdo?”

 

“Kyungie?! Seriously? Can’t you see, you’re a walking ball of cuteness!”

 

Kyungsoo blushed hard because of her compliments.

 

“Kyeopta! Wait. You know me already, right?”

 

“Ss..ssan.. Dara Parkssi.”

 

“Dd..drop the ssi. And the ss..ssan. Just Dara.” Dara followed the way he stuttered making Do laugh. She’s funny and bubbly.

 

The rest of the time, they just talked about other things like what kind of teachers they will have, Dara’s life in US, Kyungsoo’s favorite food, color, idol group (*weird*), and other random things under the sun. Kyungsoo felt so good having her as his friend.

 

He was smiling, looking at her talking when he felt his heart thump.

 

Eh? What was that?

 

“You okay?” Dara looked confused with his sudden change of facial expression.

 

“Ah neh. I’m okay. I think it’s already time. Let’s go back now.”

 

There next class has already started.

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next few days, Dara and Kyungsoo were always seen together. They were really good friends. Other students just looked at the unusual pair, the Beauty and the Geek as what they said. Dara had friends aside from Do but her relationship with him is much closer.

 

On the other hand, Kyungsoo’s life was at peace. The bullying minimized, if not stopped, not because Bullord and the minions already faced divine intervention which made them realize and contemplate their acts. No it’s not that. It is because of Dara. Everytime the group attempts to corner him and do their daily bullying routine, Dara was always there to interrupt and drag him out. The timing is always exact as if she has this bully radar on her head. This is why he began to wonder. They are now sitting in the grass watching their school’s soccer varsity playing on the soccer field. He got the chance to ask Dara about it.

 

“Hmm. Dara, just wanna ask why you’re always there saving and defending everytime the guys bully me. I..I’m just curious.” Kyungsoo look down thinking he might offended Dara on his question.

 

“Eh? You don’t know kyungie?”

 

Kyungsoo immediately looked up at her and got curious with her reply.

 

“Don’t know what?”

 

“That I’m your guardian angel.” Dara then giggled.

 

“Aigoo. I’m expecting that you’ll say that you’re my stalker and you watch me all the time.” He also joked which earned a gentle slap on his shoulder.

 

“aww.” Kyungsoo acted hurt.

 

“Woah, confidence level 999999. But I like that.”  Dara smiled.

 

“Keep up that confidence so those bullies will stop bullying you.” There was much concern on her face now.

 

“Nahh. Those retards just want someone to be their toy and unfortunately, I’m their best candidate.” Kyungsoo just shrugged.

 

“I think they will stop bullying you if you will stop looking like you voluntarily wants to be their toy.” her voice was not just with concern but there was also a hint of sadness as if she’s talking to herself. Kyungsoo just shrugged it off.

 

“I’m sorry, I don’t mean it’s because of your looks now. I really like it. You’re so squishy cute even with those thick glasses of yours and with that out-of-style hairdo.”

 

“Are you sure you like the way I look now with that way you describe me?”

 

“Aigoo. My squishy cutie Kyungie. See? It even rhymes.” She teased while messing my hair.

 

“And now I am questioning you’re ideal type. Don’t be too obvious to me.” He joked again while having a straight face.

 

“Omo. Kyungie, I said just be confident, not overly proud.” She was now suppressing her laugh while looking at him with disbelief.

 

“I know. I was just kidding.”

 

“Kidding aside. Are you free tomorrow weekend?”

 

Kyungsoo was thinking his schedule for tomorrow. He’s free.  “Yes. Why?”

 

“Let’s have a date.” Dara casually said as if it’s a normal thing to do.

 

“D..date?!” Kyungsoo’s already big eyes got even bigger.

 

“Deh. Can’t friends date? And I have a plan. Ah, a mission instead.” Dara smiled knowingly like she’s planning something silly.

 

“And what is that?”

 

“Kyungie slash walking aegyo slash my-squishy-adorable-friend slash cutie-owl-that-Dara-can’t-resist makeover.” She clapped her hands and looked so excited while thinking of things to do to her friend tomorrow. The latter just stared at her with eyes bigger than an owl’s.

 

“EH?!”

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wait. She did not answer my question. Aigoo, scrap that. We will have a date tomorrow? Friendly date kyungsoo. Just a friendly date. I think you can’t even call it a date since we’ll just be doing my makeover. How did she even came up with that plan. This girl could be silly sometimes. Aigoo.

 

He kept rolling on his bed thinking about what will happen tomorrow. He felt weird but at the same time excited.

 

 


 

Im sorry I made Kwangee and Jo kwon the bad guys here. don't get me wrong, I actually like both of them cause they are funny and friendly.

 

next chapter, I'll try to show Dara's POV :)

 

Kamsa for reading ^_^