Chapter 04.

Glassful Of Love

When Park Chorong was old enough to understand what happened around her, she heard people whispered to each other behind her back that she was born to live in luxury and wealth. She has never believed such a thing. Even though her father is probably the richest man in wine and beverage business, her mother always taught her to live in modesty. Her mother was sick, after Chorong was born, she became weaker and weaker. Meanwhile, her father always wanted a son. When Chorong was eight, only two months after her mother died, her father brought another woman home. The woman already had a daughter and she was pregnant as well.  Everything went so fast, 5 months later, Park Chanyeol was born and the woman officially became her step-mother. Chorong lived her childhood believing her mother knows her father was treating on her and she died because of the shock. And her pain did not end here. Every day, she lived in endless unpleasant innuendoes and bias attitude toward her step sister from the step-mother. And her father was not always at home as he always went on business trip. The days he actually at home in a year probably can be count on the fingers. And everytime he was at home, he hardly spoke to Chorong, unlike when her mother was still there. But everything did not go as her father and her step-mother wished, Chanyeol was sick. Ever since the day he was born. He did not went play outside like other kids and spent most of his time on his bed under the care of housemaids. However, Chanyeol really adore Chorong, his half-blood sister. He always looked up to her. And Chorong too, they had a really good sister-brother relationship. Chanyeol has a private tutor at home, but the time he enjoyed the most probably when he and Chorong taking care of their little garden, reading books for each other and talk. Chanyeol always smile when Chorong was around, he has never get angry with her the way he got angry with his mother or the housemaids, and it was always Chorong who could put down his anger. The only reason why Chorong stay in the house until she was 20 only for Chanyeol. But Chorong need to free herself from the life that she did not want. And now after 3 years, she came back here again, did not even know what lies ahead.

The grand gate opened to a Europe-styled villa with big garden which show how wealthy its owner is, the car keep rolling until the main door. Chorong inhaled quickly before stepping out of the car. Everything seems to stay the same, especially the luxurious view that only add up to the coldness here.  Chorong took a look around the house, if this corner is full of her happy moment with her mother and Chanyeol, then there’s a corner full of hurtful moment with her step-mother. This place again stir her mind just like it did for her 3 years ago. Minseok led her straight to her father’s library, where he spent most of the time at home. He was waiting for her there.

- You’re here – The man sitting behind his finely carved table, he took off his glasses and looked at Chorong and Sehun.

- I thought you has forgot that you has another daughter, a-beo-nim – She dodged his eyes, said with cold voice.

- Is that the first word you say to me after 3 years? – Her father started heightened his voice. Mr. Park is a successful and smart man in his own business but every time he faced Chorong, he would lose his temper quickly.

Chorong stayed silent as if she was too familiar with this scene.

- Move in! I let you live the way you want for 3 years, now it’s time.

- I don’t want to, and I think your wife also doesn’t want me to.

- Why are you acting so stubborn like this? You have to come back and continue your study into business. You have to! – His face darkened.

- You’re still the same, after three years, a-beo-nim. And the first thing you do after I came here was giving an order – Chorong bit her lower lip try not to cry.

- Don’t you think about how other people will think if they know that I have a runaway daughter and work as a part-timer in a club, I have enough money for you to live this life.

- Yes, all you care is what people think. What about what I think? This is the last time I say it, a-beo-nim, I will not move in.

Mr. Park stayed silent. He sat back down in his chair, looked right at Sehun.

- Is it the boy named Sehun? I think we all know where he should be right now, aren’t we?

A disgusting feeling rose inside Chorong, she knew it. Her father now use the dirtiest way to force her to stay at home.

- Don’t touch him! You have no right! – Chorong said, pulling Sehun behind her back. Sehun, after a while with this intense atmosphere, hearing people mentioning his name, he started quivering.

- And you think you have the right? You know that he will be taken away from you if this is reported to the police. Think about it, Park Chorong, he should be in the orphanage right now, you think you can hide him for forever?

- I will adopt him.

- Adopt him? Haha, don’t you kidding with me, Chorong? I think you’re not that naive to know that no one will let you adopt him. You have no money and basically no job.

Chorong knows, that’s the reason why she kept moving house and lie to people that Sehun is her real brother, but in fact, he is not. And she understood that her financial situation was not eligible for her win over his custody.

Mr. Park stepped in front of the two.

- I have a deal, Park Chorong. You come back and continue your study the way I want, I will adopt this boy. He will live in my house and have the best that he has never dreamt of. Or else, you can no longer live with him anymore.

His statement made Chorong and even Minseok and Luhan who stood aside lifted their heads. How could Chorong imagine her father would use this little boy to trade with her coming back home?

 

 

-------------------------------------

Sorry for very late update T^T I basically wrote in office time lmao