That girl

The day I fell for you

-"Taeyeon, can we have some water please?"

-"Sure, I bring it to you right away" I said while smiling

Today was Saturday night and the restaurant was full. I like when it's full like that. Although it's really busy, it's lively. I walked to the kitchen and poured water in a jug and walked back to the table. It was a family. They had a only child. He was six years old and he was so cute.. I quite knew them. They are our regular customers. They come to our restaurant at least once a week. I became friend with the mother. Her name was Yuri and her Husband is Minho. And that little cute child who was showing me his drawing for a school project was called Yoogeun.  They first came here two years ago. At first they were just customers like the others but then Yoogeun started to talk to me every time that I served them. Little by little we began to knew about each other and we became friends. They were really a nice couple. I warmly smiled at Yoogeun and told him to show me the rest of his drawings tomorrow, since her mother invited me, because I had works to do. He pouted and I messed his hair before walking to an empty table to clean it. This restaurant is my father's one. Since I wasn't really good at school and didn't have any specific dream, I abandoned school after having graduated from high school and helped my father here.  He is a good father but he becomes  bossy  when it comes to work. I can't count how many times he scolded me but he is a good boss and all of his employees love him.

-"Taeyeon ! Customer!" My father shouted

I put my cloth in my pocket and went in the door. There was a beautiful woman standing. I greeted her and asked her if it was for one person. She said yes and I led her into an empty table. She was wearing a sophisticated white shirt with a white curved vest, a black slim was hiding her slim legs and some heels elongated them. She was really beautiful and had a nice sense of fashion. I handed her the menu. She thanked me and smiled at me. I smiled back. How cute.. When she smiles, her eyes disappear. I walked away from her to let her some time to think about the menu and went to serve other customers. Our restaurant was located in the city center, next to a park  and buildings. We had all kind of customers. Workers, students and businessmen the day and families, single person the night. All of our customers were sympatric and most of them were our regular customers. My favorite are the families with young children, like Yuri's family. I love children and I always play with them when I have the time. I think that's why i am appreciated by them.  I was talking to one of this family when the woman from before asked for me. She finished choosing. She chose our bibimbap . I asked her if she wanted to drink anything other than water. She shook her head and smiled again. Her eye-smile was really pretty. Walked in the kitchen to give them the order. Before going back to the room, I went to my brother who was washing the plates. He was younger than me by three years. I ruffled his hair and by splashing water on him. Soon, my father came and scolded us. I had to come back to the room. Yuri's family were finished. I made them pay the bill and offered a lollipop to yoogeun. I waved at them when the chief asked me to take this plate to the table number 8. It was the beautiful woman's table. I happily took the place and walked to the table. She was looking at her phone.  As i was coming closer, I noticed that something was wrong. I served her and asked her if everything was okay. She nodded silently and started to eat. Where was her eye-smile? I wanted to insist but I was called in another table. For the rest of the evening, I kept looking at her. She was eating slowly and it was obvious that she was holding her tears. I wanted to talk to her but I was too busy for that. It was near the time to close but she was still here, sitting alone and looking at her plate. She hadn't finished her dish. The food must be cold now. The restaurant was almost empty. Only two of our regular customers with whom my father was talking.  They were joking about their wife. I chuckled when I heard them complaining. I knew these men since I was little. The chubby one was called Lee Seon Woong. He had a wife and a little girl called Haru. She is adorable. And the second one was Lee kwang Soo, also known as the giraffe. Those two always complained about their wife but actually, they are in deep love with them. I was sweeping the floor when we heard someone shouting. It was the woman.

-"What? So you are like this? You jerk! I hate you!"

She hung up and came to us asking for paying the bill. A bit shocked, I nodded and made her pay. She was about to cry. My father offered her to stay a bit here, to calm herself down but she politely refused and ran away. Seeing a customers like this always make us down. But well, we couldn't do anything if she didn't want us too. After having cleaned the floor and after my brother finished to wash all the dishes, we eventually closed the restaurant and came back to our respective house. Indeed, I am 25, my brother is 22. So we have our own house. I was  living in the opposite way from my brother and my father. After a goodnight wave, I walked to the bus stop and waited for it to come. I kept on thinking about the woman. She really had a painful expression on her face. I don't know who the "jerk" is, but he surely have hurt her. I sighed. Nowadays, it is hard to find a good and caring boy. That's why I decided to stay single after the experience I had with my ex. He was indeed a total jerk. I made a sign to the bus to make it stop. I got on it checked my ticked and went to sit on an empty seat. I looked at my watch. It was close to midnight. I closed my eyes, I was so tired. Think whatever you want, being a waitress is really tiring. My stop was at 20 minutes from this one. I looked at the stars through the window and thought about this customer again. It really bothers me when one of my customer leave the restaurant while crying. I sighed. Now I have no way to find her again. I took out my earphones and listened to the music. Lost in it, I didn't see the time and almost missed my stop. I got out of the bus and walked toward my apartment. It was situated in the Fourth floor of a small building. There were only four floor and everyone knew each other. I was the youngest. All the other inhabitants of the buildings were elderly people. Well, the building was out of the city but not too far, only twenty minutes in bus. Moreover the district was really calm. I climbed the stairs and opened the door. I closed it behind me, trying not to make too much noise. I put my keys on the cupboard of the entrance and went in the living room. I stretched and yawned. I was time for me to go to sleep. I came back and turned right and walked in the corridor. I opened the third door on my right and undressed myself. I put on a T-shirt and went on my bed. It didn't take me a while before falling into dreamland.

The sun on my skin woke me up. I sat up and messed my hair then yawned. It was Sunday today. It was my day off. I walked toward the bathroom half asleep and looked into the mirror. My eyes were half close and my hair did a war during the night. I sighed.

-"Ugly"

I stuck out my tongue to my own reflection and combed my hair. Once done, I walked back to my bedroom and wore casual clothes. I walked to the living room and glanced at the clock. It was ten am. Good, I thought I would have slept until two pm. I stretched and picked out a bowl. I was awaited at Yuri's house at three pm.  I had some time to kill. After having poured some cereals into the bowl, I walked to the sofa, sat on it and the TV. I switched to the news channel and started eating.  Apparently, a bank had been robbed and the culprits were still running. There were new bombings in Iraq, a drunk guy killed three young teenagers yesterday night. I changed the channel to a music one. Such news in the morning... It was super junior's song. I love that band. They are all handsome and talented. I grinned and sang along. Soon, I got up and danced as well. Anyway, no one could see me so... I was laughing alone while dancing. Now that I think of it, I really looked like a crazy woman. After the song was finished, I calmed down and walked to the kitchen to pack the bowl away. I was about to sit on the sofa again when I heard my phone ringing. I answered it.

-"Hey eonnie !"

-"Yuri?"

-"Yes, I wanted to ask you, tonight Yoogeun will stay at Minho's parents' house. So i wondered If you wanted to go out in a nightclub with Minho and me."

-"Well.. I am working on Monday.." I said

-"Oh, it's okay don't worry. We will just stay until midnight. So do you come?"

-"Yuri.. I don't know"

-"Oh please, say yes say yes say yes !!!"

I sighted. She knew I couldn't refuse if she begs me with that voice.

-"Okay, count on me"

-"Yeeeessss !!!"

I chuckled at her reaction. We then planned everything. I would come at three pm like it was said, then at around five pm, Minho would drive Yoogeun to his parents house. We would eat and then prepare ourselves until nine pm and then go to the night club. After a hour talking to each other, we finally hung up. IT was 11:30 am already. I was lazy to cook but my tummy didn't let me the choice. I went to my kitchen and switched on the oven.  I opened the fridge and drawn out the rest of pizza I had and put it on the oven for two minutes, just to warm it up. Once ready, I sat at the table behind the sofa and started to eat while enjoying the music on the TV who was still on. I ate happily. Pizza is the best when you are hungry and lazy. I grinned at myself and put the plate on the sink when I was done. Now it was 12:30 am. I had one hour and thirty minutes to kill. I made some coffee and drank it while sitting on the sofa. I turned the TV off and took a book I had begun to read. I read the book until 2:30 pm. It was time to go. I got up and took my bag and my keys. I put on my shoes and walked out of my apartment. The weather wasn't good yet not bad too. It was cloudy but there wasn't any wind so it was quite warm. I walked into my bus stop and waited for it again. Yuri was living near the stop I take to come back from work. Once here, I got in and checked my tickets. There were no empty seats so I stayed standing. There was an old man sitting on a seat next to me. Since i'm used to deal with elderly, we began to talk normally. At a two stops before mine, five boys went in the bus. They pushed everyone that was in their way and pushed people away from their seats to take their place. They were about my age. I was really angry and wanted to walk to them to let them know what I was thinking about them but the elderly prevented me from that, saying that it was pointless. I glared at them. One of them noticed me and showed me his middle finger. I restrained myself from punching him. Fortunately, my stop came soon. I waved at the old man and got out of the bus. I took a deep breath. Those guys really pissed me off. I shook my head. No don't think of it anymore, you're going to see your little Yoogeun and have fun tonight. My spirit went up again and I walked to Yuri's house. It was at five minutes by feet from the stop. I knocked on the door and an excited Yoogeun opened the door. He jumped in my arms and kissed my cheeks. I laughed.

-"Aigoo, aigoo so heavy!"

I put him down and greeted his parents. They told me to enter and we went in the living room. They were living in a small yet comfy apartment.  They didn't have much money but they lived happily. I was quite envious about them. Yuri offered me some tea. I gladly accepted it. Yoogeun ran into his room and went back with his drawing he hadn't shown me yesterday. He sat on my lap and began explaining the drawings. I chuckled. This boy really loved the power rangers. Once he was done to show me his drawings, he went on the sofa and watched the cartoons. We started to talk about the evening we were going to have and then we talked about random things. I told them about the guys I met earlier. Even though they weren't there, they were really angry at them. How can such people still exist? I laughed at their reaction. They were cute. From what they told me, They met each other at school. Minho is two year younger than her. He fell for her first and confessed. Yuri didn't have the courage to reject him and they started dating. Before she knew it, she fell in love too with him. Even their story is cute. I laid my head on the table and sighed desperately. Why can't I have such a cute story too? They laughed at me. I pouted and faked scolding them. I am happy that I met them. They became good friends. It was soon the time for Yoogeun to leave us. At first he didn't want to leave but he eventually gave up and followed his father after having given a kiss to his mother and to me. Once they left, Yuri and me went to her room to try some dresses. None of them suited me. I tried a black tank with shorts. It fitted perfectly. We laid on her bed and chatted about the boys we will meet. She told me that they invited me to make me meet boys. It's true that since I broke up with my ex, I stopped going out.

-"So what is your type of boy?" asked Yuri

-"Well built with abs" I answered while laughing "I am joking.  No, I like boys who are sweet, caring, who can listen to me and who doesn't care if i'm crazy."

-"That's all?"

I nodded and we both laughed.  And we started to talk about idols and how perfect they were. Yuri preferred Bigbang. She said that T.O.P's voice was just amazing and that they were really close to each other like a family. She also liked their style. As for me, I told her that I loved Super junior. I completely fell in love with their dorky leader Lee teuk. We started to sing one of their song Bonamana. We were singing this when Minho came back. He sang along with us. I was surprised to know that he liked Super junior as well. He told me that he didn't particularly liked them but that he heard this song on the radio and on the TV billions of time. I chuckled, It's true that they are famous. Then I asked him what band did he like. He answered me 2NE1. When i asked why, he told me that it was because they were hot without really thinking. Yuri hit the back of his head.

-"Then go out with them tonight if they're hot." She said while pouting

-"No.. I mean of course they're hot but you are more.  That's why i'm your boyfriend and that's why we have a child together"

While saying that, he walked up to her and grab her hand to pull her into a hug. He hugged his waist and they kissed. It was like a scene from a romantic drama. I cleared my throat to let them know that i was still here. They apologized. It was obvious that they were embarrassed. The atmosphere became awkward. It was 6h30 pm and we decided to watch a DVD before preparing dinner. We walked into the living room and sat on the sofa while Minho chose a movie. We would watch Narnia. It had been a while since I last saw it. The movie played.  We were so focused on the movie that we didn't saw the time. When i looked at my watch , it was already 19h45.  We started to panic. We wouldn't have the time to cook, eat and then be on time at the night club. Then Minho had an idea. We would order pizzas. I was happy to eat it again. I insisted to pay half of the bill. While we were eating them, Minho went to change himself. He was wearing a black shirt with a black slim. It was simple but it suited him. I asked Yuri if i could borrow her heels for tonight. She agreed then the pizzas arrived. We took place on the table and started to eat while talking.

-"By the way, is the girl okay?" Asked Minho

-"Which girl?" I asked

-"The one that came alone. You install her in the table behind us. A bit before we left, she received a text i think and she wasn't feeling well.."  said Yuri

-"Oh her.. Well she stayed until late. She didn't finish her plate and then, when i was cleaning, she suddenly screamed and talked about a jerk. She paid the bill and then she ran away while crying..."

They were a bit shocked and felt bad for her. It's true that she was really smiling and all when she arrived and then she became sad. I really want to find and to cheer her up. It might seem a bit weird or cliché but as soon as someone enter in my restaurant, that someone becomes my customer. Even if they come just once, they'll stay my customer. So I have to find her. No matter what. It was now 8:20 pm. Yuri and me quickly went into the bathroom to comb our hair and to put some make up. once were done, we came back to Minho who was waiting for us. The look on his face when he saw his girlfriend was just so cute. I really envy their love. I guess that i'm curse in love... We walked out from their apartment and too their car. Minho drove us. In the car, we put some music on. It was Bigbang on air. Yuri and me sang along with the music while Minho was just smiling. We parked the car and got out. We walked toward the nightclub. It was nine o'clock. We were on time. We had to queue up although it was early. In the queue, there were some girls just before us. They kept on glancing at Minho. I looked at them from head to toe. They were two. One was wearing a mini skirt, if she bends down, we could see her string. Her top was short as well. It was just long enough to cover her . The other girl was wearing a dress... if it was really a dress. It was shorter than the mini skirt of her friend. It wasn't make up that they had on their face but paint. I swear they could have been exposed next to a Picasso's painting, now one could see the difference.  They stopped glancing at Minho and started to look at him lustfully. Seeing that, Yuri hugged Minho's neck and kissed him. Unfortunately, that didn't deter those girls. They started looking at Yuri. They whispered something to each other and then they giggled.  Yuri tried her best to ignore them but it was obvious that she was hurt. Minho was as well.  I glared at them asked them to stop giggling. They did a shock face and they started to talk back.

-"Who does she thinks she is, that ugly duck?"

-"Surely someone prettier than you" I replied

-"Han, Are you sure about that? All the boys are looking at me."

-"Naaah, they're not looking at you. They looking at your ."

-"At least they're looking at something on us." the mini skirt girl said

-"It's your right if you want to be looked at like they looked at e" I retort

-"What did she say?" The dress girl glared at me "Look who's talking.. wasn't it you mother's job?"

Both of the girls chuckled. I took a deep breath not to slot their head in the wall

-"Well, she learnt everything with yours" I said before dragging my two friends in the night club. Yuri and Minho thanked me and asked if i was alright.  I nodded even if my heart hurt a little. My mom died when i was five. She was ill. I shook my head to chase all the negatives thoughts. We were here to have fun, weren't we? I pulled them until the dancefloor and we started to dance. Us three were pretty good at dancing. Yuri and Minho were just perfect. Minho was sensually hugging her from back and their body waves made everyone on the dancefloor dreaming. I didn't want to disturb their moment so i walked out from the dance floor and went to the bar. I sat on a chair and ordered a drink. While i was waiting for my drink, a man sat next to me and ordered a whiskey. He stared at me but I ignored him. He try to talk to me but I told him I wasn't interested. He went away when he got his drink, disappointed. I laughed a bit. It was funny to send those kind of people away. Although Minho and Yuri  invited me to this night club with them to meet some boys, I wasn't in the mood for that. It's not that I wasn't in the mood, more that I wasn't interested at all in meeting with boys. They all deceived me. One by one. I gave up on finding Mr.right. I think i'll just wait for him to come to me. Just like that. I don't know how, but I ended up talking with the barman. His name was Chanyeol. He was tall and had a deep voice. He was funny to talk with. I learned that he started to work here a month ago to pay his school fees. He was studying music at the Art school.  I was impressed. He told me that he knew how to play the guitar. But i was a bit curious. I knew that the school fees of the school he attended was high. How could he have enough money to pay with being a barman? He explained that he was also giving guitar lessons.

-"But do you have time to actually attend your class?" I asked

He nodded and we laughed together. He was really nice. He was always teasing the other barman. I think he was called Kyungsoo or something like that. They were funny to watch. Just like two brothers. Anyway, since he seems to like teasing people, I should introduce him to my brother. I'm sure they will get along. We were still talking when another man sat next to me. I rolled my eyes. Again? No. He didn't asked anything but his drink. I then glanced at him. Although he was sitting, I could guess that he was tall. Blond hair, a white slim, jordans on his feet, a black shirt, the sleeves rolled up. He was really class. He didn't seem to want to pick me up. So i started to talk to him. He had a deep voice as well. At first he was really cold to me but then he relaxed when he saw that I wasn't picking him up as well. He told me that he was from China but worked as a host here. IT was his day off so he wanted to have fun. He was called Kris. It was his name as a host. He refused to tell me his real name. Well I couldn't force him. Soon, we started to have a conversation between Kris, Chanyeol and me. We talked about our lives, what was happening in the world, the bank robbery.. I made them promise to come once in my restaurant. They joked on me saying that they didn't want to die from an indigestion. I hit Kris' head and tried to glare at Chanyeol. We were talking when a girl sat at my right. It was one of the girls from before. I turned my head to Kris in order to hide from her. I didn't want to create a fight. She ordered two drinks and wait. KRis quickly understood that I didn't want to see that girl and chuckled a bit. Something he shouldn't have done. The girl thought that it was because Kris liked her. I discreetly glanced at her. It was the mini skirt one. She flipped her hair and looked at Kris lustfully. It was as if she way saying "Let's go, I have condoms in my car and I reserved a hotel room" . I really can't get those girls. For me, they are just rich es who just want to have . The only difference is that they don't get paid. She eventually got her drinks and walked away. I sighed and was about to say something when I heard a thud. I glanced over my shoulder and saw the mini skirt girl standing and another girl on the ground. She must have bumped into someone. Poor girl... She was about to know hell.

-"Tiffany!"

Kris quickly got up and ran to the girl who was on the ground. Uh-oh, that wasn't good. I followed him and helped him to lift the girl up.

-"That girl bumped into me!" The mini skirt said while looking at Kris like she was a victim and about to cry.

I opened my mouth to say something but Kris shook his head, Letting me know that it was useless. We walked back to our sit. We could hear the girl complaining to her friend. They then threw the drinks on the floor and went away. I just can't bear those kind of girls. I made the girl sitting on a chair on the bar and asked Chanyeol a towel. He went to look for one. Kris asked the girl, Tiffany if she was alright. She nodded and said that there was nothing to worry about. Wait a minute.. This voice.. I'm sure that I have already heard it somewhere... Chanyeol came back with two towels. Kris took one and wiped her face. I took the other and wiped her shoulder. She was wearing a red dress. It was a bit flare on the bottom. The dress was mid-tight. It was y yet cute. Yeah she had a nice sense of fashion. I looked at her hair. It was all wet. It was a shame. Her hairstyle seemed to be awesome.. She turned to me and smile gently while thanking me.

-"Oh! it's you!"  I exclaimed

Indeed it was the girl from my restaurant. So she was called Tiffany. It really suited her. I was happy to see her beautiful eye-smile again. I bet that she came here to forget about that jerk. Kris ordered a drink for her and we talked. I learnt that Tiffany was the number one host at Kris's work place. I raised an eyebrow. I would never have thought that she would be a host. I don't know, It doesn't really suit her. But i understand why she is the number one. She seemed to be gentle and calm. The kind of girl who always listen to your problems without complaining or judging. I kept smiling. I was so happy to see her like that. She was smiling and laughing. Her laugh was clear, just as her voice. Now that I can hear her talking more, I realized it. Aaaah.. My dear customers. In no time she became friend with Chanyeol. Yuri and Minho came back from dancing. They were all sweating but it looked like they had fun. I waved at them. They walked to me and I introduced them to my new friends. Since Minho and Yuri were friendly, they all got along. They sat beside me and a lively conversation started. Tiffany, Chanyeol and Kris were surprise to know that They had a child and the he was six year old already since the couple was still young. Minho and Kris found out that they both loved to play basket, Yuri and Chanyeol talked about music and me and Tiffany talked about random things. She complimented me for the dishes she ate in my restaurant. I laughed and thanked her before asking if she felt better and if everything was okay with that "jerk". She nodded and told me that the jerk was her boyfriend. Well, her ex boyfriend now. She told me that he was a host as well but he had affairs with his girls customers. She always knew that we was sleeping with them but when they got together, she thought that he would stop. Apparently it wasn't the case. She smile while ordering another drink. But her smile wasn't a real eye-smile like usually. It was a smile of pain and sadness. She drank her glass in one shot.

-"You know what is the worst in all that?" She asked me "It's that I loved him... Yes I did love him"

She sighted deeply and looked at me. she laughed and asked for another drink. I got a bit worried. I asked them if she was okay. She said she was and drink her drink one shot again. I looked at my watch. It was close to midnight. We will have to go soon. Yuri, Minho and me said bye to Kris, Tiffany and Chanyeol and walked back to the car. On the way to the car, we kept laughing, we were happy to have met new friends. And doing a party like this from time to time was really refreshing. We arrived in the car and I sat at the back and put my belt on. Minho hadn't drink except apple juice. He was so able to drive. He started the car and began to drive. He turned left and suddenly stopped the car. We were shaken a bit. I frowned and looked at him.

-"Ya ! what was that for?"

-"Isn't it Tiffany?" he said while pointed at a girl having trouble to walk

It was her. I asked Minho if it was okay if she came with us. He agreed and i went off of the car and walked to her. I called her. She looked at me and waved while laughing. She was really drunk. I helped her to walk and made her sit then put her belt on. I sat next to her. Minho waited me to put my belt on as well before driving again. My house was at 15 minutes away. On the way to it, Tiffany fell asleep. At a turning, her head went leaning on my shoulder. I smiled and leant my head on hers. I felt really comfortable without really knowing why. I was really tired.. My eyelids were heavy. Fortunately, we arrived at my house.  I went out of the car. Minho offered me to carry Tiffany until my apartment but i refused. I knew that Yuri and him wanted to arrive soon to their house to have some times alone together. I have the idea to take off my heels that I gave back to Yuri before he helped me to put Tiffany on my back. I would take her to my apartment with a piggy ride. We looked a bit ridiculous like that because Tiffany was way taller than me. But i didn't really care. I waved like i could at Yuri and Minho and walked to my building. I hardly opened the entrance door and started to climb the stairs. The floor was cold for my little foot.

-"So heavy.." I complained

Once in front of my door, I had trouble to take out my keys from my bag without making Tiffany falling. I don't know how but she stayed on my back. I opened my door and went into my house. I walked into my bedroom and laid Tiffany on it.  I sighed and stretched my back. Although she didn't look like it, she was quite heavy. I covered her body with the blanket and was about to walk away to the sofa, where I planned to sleep when She grabbed my hand and dragged me into the bed with her. She hugged me. I looked at her. She was sleeping. I sighed and try to push her away but I couldn't. My little body was weaker than her tall and strong one. I gave up. I was too tired for that anyway. I pulled the blanket to cover me as well and fell asleep. In her arms.