TWENTY NINE: FRIENDSHIP NEVER ENDS

Under the Cherry Blossom

Please take note that I have added a small paragraph to the previous chapter,  


 

 

Autumn was almost ending, which meant that the weather was becoming more cooling. Although Jessica hated a hot weather, she couldn't be happy.

It was because the Cherry Blossom season was ending too.

In order to cherish the moments, she would often go to the Cherry Blossom forest to rest.

"I knew you would be here," the sound of footsteps were approaching her and Kai appeared in front of her. He sat beside her.

Jessica wasn't surprised by his presence even though she had barely seen him ever since he approached Kris.

"I thought you would avoid me forever."

Kai laughed refreshingly, "You have to give me time to mend my broken heart. We've come so far so how could we sever ties just because you moved on?"

Jessica gently whacked him, "Can you use more accurate terms? Moved on? Why does it sounds as if I abandoned you?"

"Ah… I feel like snatching you from that dude again." Kai grabbed his head and pretended to go crazy, "Where is he?"

"He's busy these few days," Jessica replied. Kris had been busy because of the music soundtrack and hadn't been clinging onto her for the past couple of days, it made her feel slightly lonely.

Kai sensed that unusualness in her tone and raised his eyebrow, "You're troubled." He wasn't making a guess, he was sure of it. Although she was exceptional in terms of hiding her thoughts, but Kai wasn't her friend for nothing, he always knew when she was troubled.

Jessica didn't deny nor admit, she just sighed. How could she tell him?

Kai knocked her head, "Since when did the respectable and popular President Jung learned to solve problems by sighing?"

Jessica didn't rebut, but partially leaned against his back. If only she liked Kai, then she wouldn't face so much problems. But too bad it wasn't fate.

Kai silently allowed her to lean on him, but his smile disappeared. He knew that Kris was the only reason that could make her so troubled, yet he couldn't help her. He really wanted to remove all the troubles she had, but it wasn't him that played the role of doing so.

"Oh yeah, congrats for winning again."

She suddenly remembered they she had to praise the squash team on behalf of the school later, "Continue working hard! I'm sure you're will be able to be the best team with your skills."

Kai bitterly smiled, "Don't flatter me. If you spent the equal amount of time on squash as I do, you're be better than me."

Jessica smiled back, "Don't you understand me well? You should know that I have so much lazy bones. How can I adapt to the vigorous trainings? Plus my skills have degraded so much." In order to achieve good results, Jessica had mad many sacrifices and squash was one of them.

Kai elbowed her, "You're too humble! If it wasn't for you being my opponent got all these years, I wouldn't have improved much." His eyes sparkled, "Why not we play a game of squash now? It's been at least a year since I've played with you."

"Its alright, I don't want to lose badly." She immediately rejected.  Ever since Kai became squash captain and Jessica became Council president, they never continued to play with each other . She was busy with council work and she was afraid to lose face if she lost.

"Just one round! You still have to head to squash court when going back to council room. Just treat it as a special service to the student body pleaseeee." Kai dragged her to the squash court before she could even reject him.