TWENTY ONE: THE SECRET

Under the Cherry Blossom


"Shut your big mouth. If you want to create noise please go elsewhere, you can scream all you want over there. Also, why the hell are you here? Where's Suho?" Kris had an impatient face, he would have an annoyed gaze while looking at Luhan, as if he was looking at a stinky old rat instead of an absolute dashing man.

"How can you compare my beautiful voice with screams!" Luhan made an over dramatic expression. 

Jessica closed to attempt to not burst out laughing. It was her first time seeing someone so interesting. Then there was Kris who rolled his eyes at him every single time, it made her want to laugh even harder.

"Yah! Are you done?" The exploding Kris smiled maliciously and pinched him.

"Enough!" Luhan's expression became a serious one within a minute. "Suho the great has something on today, please make a reservation next time." 

Jessica stunned for a while and finally burst out laughing. Looking at those two conversing was really too interesting. The scene of having two good looking guys with different personalities was really memorable. If it was someone else besides Jessica, they would have fainted or have nosebleeds, but Jessica quietly looked at their interaction.

"Aigoo… since were here, let's go in and sit." Kris brought her girlfriend inside without looking at the dramatic guy.

"I wanted to introduce you to Suho but unfortunately he's not home and you had to see a cockroach. Let's go to the temple later to get rid of the bad luck."

His words made Jessica chuckled again.
"Suho? Your friend?" She asked.

"Yeap, his real name is Kim Jun Myeon, but we prefer to call him Suho. He's my good friend." He used the word 'good' to emphasise how important he was to him.

"He likes to read books and is easy to interact with. You will like him once you see him. But of course you have to like me the best." He didn't forget to add the last sentence. Jessica elbowed him.

"This traditional looking mansion made people feel comfortable. Too bad the owner isn't here, but I guessed there's more chance in the future." Jessica thought.

"You called me a cockroach?"  Luhan whined in protest, and then told Jessica with a serious face, "I strongly hope they you can call me what they call me - Lu-ge or Lulu or even cute little prince," not forgetting to wink at the end.

Kris's reaction was to grab his girlfriend and continue walking while brainwashing her, "You just need to know Suho, don't care about the rubbish." 

Jessica declined him by smiling. Even though he was annoyed by that guy named Luhan, they seemed to have a close relationship because only friends would crack jokes like them. She decided to ignore what Kris said.

Jessica was attracted by the ink painting while walking around the house. It was a painting of snow. Snowflakes were dropping while the ground was pure white. It was so alive such that snowflakes could pop out of the painting. She bet that the portrait was drawn by a famous artist.

Kris noticed her faze and explained, "This painting was left by that guy's brother, but he's overseas. Or else you could meet him too."

"Brother?" She curiously looked towards Luhan, wondering what his brother would be like. For someone who was able to draw such a mesmerizing painting, she respected him.  She always felt that she wasn't able to blend in well with rich and talented people like them - now that she's done it, she was a little bit happy.

"Don't judge Sehun based on Luhan, or you'll be totally wrong." Kris shook his head and sighed.

Luhan immediately raised his fist and protested, "Yah what are you saying! Even though me and Sehun don't look  alike, but at least we're twins."  Jessica felt like the name Sehun was familiar, as if she had seen him before. Even the name Luhan was familiar, but unfortunately she had no impression on any of  them. 

Where had she seen him?

After pondering for so long, she decided to give up because there weren't any conclusions. 

The two people hadnt finish quarrelling. Jessica stood up, "Can I walk around?"

"Yes you may." Luhan immediately stood in front of Jessica before Kris and ushered her like a gentleman.

She wanted to see the beautiful garden, and the two people who haven't met in the long time would probably not want her presence, so she walked out of the room and allowed them to chat as much as they wanted to.

Meanwhile…

"She's very different." After Jessica exited the room, Luhan concluded his observations.

"Of course, if not I wouldn't like her." Kris poured himself a cup of tea to get rid of the autumn heat.

Luhan looked at him and smiled joyfully, "I thought you wouldn't be able to wake up."

"It's not like I'm dead!" Kris impatiently glared at him.

"You still have the cheeks to say that? Have you forgotten how you were like a dead person? The only difference between you and being dead was that you were breathing!" Luhan almost pointed at him and shouted.

Kris calmed down and slightly shook his cup, "Let's not talk about the past." The best thing to so was to throw that memory away and not be reminded of it anymore. That was also one of the reasons why Kris didn't like to see his friends often - he would think of memories that he was trying so hard to forget.

"Have you told her about that?" Luhan was still maintaing his smile, but was staring at Kris like an eagle, observing him intently.

Kris creased his eyebrows, "I don't want to lose her."

Luhan nodded, "True. You could lose her after telling her that, but you will definitely lose her if she hears it from someone else. I'm satisfied with Sica and  if it happens, I will be pleased to take over, don't sorry." He showed a cunning smile.

"If you dare to touch her,  I will throw you into a meat shredder." Kris glared at him and was tempted to pin him to the wall.

"Aigoo, I'm scared." Luhan patted his chest, but his big smile on his face showed that he wasn't threatened at all.

Kris didn't continue to quarrel with him because he knew that there was some degree of truth in Luhan's words. He didn't  want to risk it and tell Jessica about the past. However, if she hears it from someone else, it would be the end.

"Should I?" Kris went into deep thoughts.

When the sun went down, the couple left the mansion. Kris was holding a Jessica's hand and walking down a small path. 

None of them opened their mouths. Both of them were immersed in their own thoughts.

"If I'm hiding something from you. If. Will you be angry?" Kris suddenly said and broke the silence.

Jessica glanced at him, pretended to think very hard by punching her chin and said, "Depends on what issue. If it's something that I need to know, then I'll probably be angry." 

Kris bitterly smiled, what exactly did she needs to know?

Jessica could sense that he was troubled and slightly smiled, "You don't have to be troubled. I've said it before, everyone has their own secrets. I won't hunt you for an answer just because I want to satisfy my own curiosity.  You can have your own space, just like how I can have my own space. I don't care whatever that has happened to you in the past as long as we write our future."  She gave him an assuring smile.

Kris held her hand tightly. At that instant, he had the urge to say out everything, but he stopped as soon as he opened his mouth.

Jessica sweetly crossed her arms over his arms after seeing him being silent, "Tell me about your friends. I'm very curious about them."

"Alright." Kris's troubles disappeared as soon as he heard her, "Suho is a very gentle and caring person, he treats everyone nicely. Sometimes I wonder if he was an angel from the sky. How can a mortal never be angry at all?"

What logic was that? It doesn't mean that everyone else had to be a dinosaur just because he was one too. Jessica shook her head because of his innocence.

"How about Luhan?" Jessica had a deep impression on him because he wasn't like anyone else she had met before.

Kris grabbed her hand and stared at her intently, "You cannot be interested in that guy! Never!" 

"Yah what are you thinking about?" Jessica knocked his head, "I only think that he's a smart person although he's always laughing or playing around." Her instincts were never wrong.

"You're correct," Kris was again astonished by her accuracy.
"He's like a fox that annoys people, so you better not be involved with him!" He worriedly nagged at her.


"Yes, yes!" Jessica impatiently replied.