ELEVEN: JUST A FRIEND

Under the Cherry Blossom

 

 

The elite in terms of academic were situated in Year 3 class A. They always had a peaceful learning environment in class. but that environment was broken when the newest and hottest news spread. Only the female lead and male lead didn't seem to feel uncomfortable in the unusual atmosphere because they were still the same. Jessica was still busy and the male lead was still sitting at the last row, maintaining his average looks with zero existence. 

Even though the news were spreading like wildfire, nobody in their class felt convinced that they were really dating because other than being in the council room together, they hardly spoke to each other in class.

No one knew what was going on. Furthermore, neither of the leads stood up to explain the situation and nobody dared to ask, everyone was so curious.

The last period ended. Jessica followed her routine and went to the council room, along with Kris. On the way there, everyone was shooting them with curious looks. Gorgeous Jessica Jung coupled with Dull looking Kris, it was hard to not look at them.

Jessica smiled bitterly. That was probably the most popular she had ever been. Kris was walking along with her naturally without feeling any sense of uncomfort, as if he enjoyed people being jealous of him.

Upon reaching the room, they saw Kai leaning against the wall.

"What's up?" Jessica looked at him. The only reason that would make him approach the council room was to see her.

Kai didn't speak. He made a strong eye contact with Kris then dragged Jessica out.

Kris looked at her leaving with Kai and didn't stop them but his tight lips showed his inner unhappiness.

"See? Prince Charming will ride his white horse and save her from the toad!" Nana stood in front of her and arrogantly said, just that her slim figure didn't display her charisma.

"Why? Are you happy because you get to have me all by yourself? I'm sorry but you look like a chicken. A chicken isn't my style." Kris didn't even bother to look at her. What a nonsensical girl! Didn't she know that not only a Prince Charming can save her? Couldn't anyone riding on the white horse save her? He lost the mood to do his homework and left without turning back.

Under the Cherry Blossoms, both of them stood and faced the other. The flowers bloomed and displayed their infinite amount of liveliness, and also filled the whole forest with their fragrance.

"What do you want to say?" Jessica didn't want to have an eye fight with him anymore. 

Kai laughed bitterly. "How can I lose to him?" She always thought she wasn't the one who was currently interested in dating so he kept waiting. He just couldn't figure out why that guy would capture her heart and defeat the one who always has been by her side.

"Him?" Jessica purposely acted blur."

"Sica ah, did you forget that I can always know what you're thinking of? And you're also a bad liar." He laughed even more bitterly. 

"Why him?" he added. He really didn't know. He wouldn't have been so depressed if it was someone better than him, yet it was a dull person.

Jessica had a bit of a headache. Although, she did have a bit of interest in Kris but it didn't mean that she was willing to date someone. Half of the reason why she didn't want to rebut him that day was because she didn't want to spend so much time on her personal issues while doing work. She didn't expect that there would be such a serious after-effect.

"Kai, you're a very important friend of mine."  She could only say that. She never once thought of changing her life plan.

Kris and her weren't having that kind of relationship but she didn't want to explain so much, it wasn't because she didn't know how much hope Kai has for her, it was because that hope wasn't the one she wanted him to have. Even if there isn't Kris Wu today, there might be god knows who - maybe a Baekhyun the next day, a Siwon the next day, or even a Bob the next day. Irregardless of who the party is, there would still be a similar situation taking place. Maybe it was better to make things clear by using this opportunity.

He was her only friend, she didn't want to spoil their long friendship just because of minor issues. He was like a lighthouse to her - she could see the warm light from him wherever she was, that was how much he meant to her.

"Only a friend…" Kai clenched his fists real tight to prevent himself from that urgency to whack that dude.

"Just a friend." Her tone was calm to the extent of being cruel. It might hurt him but at least it was for the best although she really didn't want to lose him as a friend.

"Well, I won't acknowledge him before I see how much he deserves you. Bye." Kai went out of the forest after saying that sentence.

Jessica gazed at the trees and finally let out a sad smile. Things were getting more problematic, how great would it be to hide in the forest?

She dragged her fatigue heart back to the council room and didn't see Kris. She asked around before realising he slipped off. That pabo couldn't be tamed without monitoring him. Jessica sat on her seat and suddenly lost the mood to work.

"Nana, help me settle this, I'll go off first today." She placed two stacks of document on her table without caring about her shocked faced as well as the fact that the school 70th anniversary celebration was drawing near. The most serious and responsible President Jung had abandoned her urgent work and left.