TWELVE: UNDER THE CHERRY BLOSSOMS

Under the Cherry Blossom

 

 

It had been very long ago since Jessica had stepped out of the school gate that early. However, she didn't feel excited while walking along the streets of Seoul. She was in a bad mood - a terrible one!

You could say that it was the most annoying day ever, adding on to the fact that the mastermind Kris escaped. 

He made her busy but peaceful life a mess and also made her relationship with Kai tensed.

If she hadn't seen him sleeping under the Cherry Blossom tree, maybe everything would still be the same - they would still be in the same class yet having no interaction. Who knew she was also someone that was into good looks and the price to pay was messing up her peaceful life…

She came out of school so early that she didn't know how to spend the remaining time. The acoustic guitar strums from the nearby store made her thought of Kris's voice - the voice and the song that was full of sadness.

What could he be doing now?

He didn't say a word and left and it was when Kai dragged her out… She didn't even care who was dragging her out when she saw him leave like that. He was obviously joking with Nana. He was so passionate about making people hate him, will he really be happy when the time comes?

Although she wasn't ready for a relationship, his unbothered actions still made her a bit disappointed.

When she passed by the subway station, she purposely looked around for a crowd. She thought he would be here to earn a living fee but she thought wrong.

Thinking back to the time she took a risk, laughter still unknowingly came out - that scene was so memorable.

A further distance down was where they had their conversation. As it was still early, she decided to take a walk there.

Upon reaching the park, she was amazed. The sight of Cherry Blossoms surprised her. The last time she came, there weren't any Cherry Blossoms. It looks like the love for Cherry blossoms are spreading! Then, Jessica heard the sound of the guitar.

"Could it be Kris?"

She got closer and the sight of the year 3 uniform caught her eyes. It was really him! It was at the exact same place they had a conversation.

He leaned on the wooden bench and strummed his guitar. That long legs of his extended to the pathway.

"You broke your promise again." Jessica walked and sat next to him without a sound. It was weird though, that annoyed feeling she had a while ago suddenly disappeared when she saw him.

Kris was a bit astonished by her presence, "Aren't you busy?"

"I am." She emphasised on those two words, but naturally smiled, "I also feel like escaping from responsibilities occasionally."

"Oh." Kris didn't continue and continued strumming casually. Although it didn't form a melody, there was still a unique vibe to it.

"Not working today?" Jessica placed her gaze on the field in front of them, and envied the carefree children playing. 

She also wanted to be like them, playing all day without a need to worry about finishing tasks. Even if she quarrelled with someone else, a lollipop would end it.

Kris lazily placed the guitar next to his side, "No mood."

"Sing a song then." Jessica suggested.

"But I'm not a karaoke machine." Kris complaint but  still picked his guitar up. 

Jessica smiled and turned back to look at him playing.

" The early sunlight comes down
A blinding force that reminds me of you comes down
At last my eyes that lost their way Cry cry cry.  - Baby don't cry by EXO."

As usual, the sad melody that flowed out made people feel pain.

Coupled with sad lyrics, it really emphasised on that strong emotional feeling.

"Why do you always sing sad songs?" Jessica creased her eyebrows, she didn't like that sad and pain in his voice because it was expressed so well that it made her heart feel sour.

That loneliness and sadness expressed in the song was obvious. If he was the one who wrote and composed the song, then he had definitely faced such situation before to be able to express such strong feelings. Irregardless of that, his great talent was undeniable.

"Don't you know people now likes to hear these kind of songs? Sadness is the easiest to grab peoples' hearts. It's easier to earn money." Kris inappropriately laughed and answered.

"…" She was a bit pissed, "Why do you like to be disliked?" He made himself so despicable on purpose, would he feel happy? Hearing people discussing about him behind his back, didn't he feel anything?

"Is it bad to be disliked? Don't you hate me too?" He shot back and showed no emotions. "I brought you trouble didn't I? I disrupted you while you were busy, I still said you were my girlfriend and made you everyone's conversation topic, and the worst was, I ruined your relationship with your Prince Charming Kai. Am I not hated by you despite whatever I have done so far?"

Jessica heard his words, raised her eyebrows and pretended to nod her head, "Hmm… I think that's the situation. If you hadn't appear, I would probably still be the same, being busy with council and studies everyday."

Kris didn't want to hear further and stood up, took his guitar and wanted to leave.

He was however, grabbed by a hand.

"Shouldn't a gentleman at least finish listening to a lady's words before leaving?" Jessica forcefully pulled him back to his original seat.

Kris was unable to leave, he could only turn his head to another side and not look at her.  The wind collected her hair to one side, and Jessica calmly said, "My parents divorced when I was eight. I think it was because of that unhappy incident that made me anti social. Believe me, I may not seem like the type who was unwilling to socialise, but I am. I was determined to reject anyone that attempted to be good friends with me to protect myself from being hurt,. Kai was my first friend and is my only friend. He always appears right in front of me when I needed someone,  he always used that warmth smile of his to comfort me or narrate to me interesting stories to make me forget about my troubles. To me, he is a very important person. I can't even emphasise how important he is."

"Hmph." Kris coldly and softly let out a sound but his head was still turned away. Jessica found that sound funny. This guy really didn't like to hear that someone was better than him.

"You are an accident," She continued.

"If I hadn't met you on the subway station, maybe we would still be the same until graduation, always less than 5 sentences in class but the truth was we still met. I was curious about you. What exactly made you hide yourself? You have a great voice, composed beautiful music and possessed an incredible talent." Of course decent looks was in the list, but it was better not to make him so full of himself.

She sensed that Kris's stiff back became more relaxed, she smiled and continued, "Everyone has a secret that they don't want to tell, so I won't chase you for the answer to what made you become the Kris you are today even if I am super curious but I hope you'll know something. If I hated you, Kris Wu wouldn't be able to step within Jessica Jung's 100m radius. You should know that I would be able to do that."

Kris made the same cold sound but he clearly knew that she definitely had the ability to do that. This women was probably seen as a Kpop star in everybody's eyes. She had high influence over anyone including the teachers.

"I don't know why I am telling you these." Jessica hugged her knees, and placed her head on her laps. That calm and cool face had an unnatural flush, "You know, that day when you told Nana that I was your girlfriend, I was secretly happy for a while even though I knew it was a joke." If anyone with such good looks claimed that you were his girlfriend, no girls would feel nothing.


She finish what she had wanted to say. She stood up as if nothing happened, beat her skirt to remove the dirt and turned to leave. "Alright, I'm done. Remember not to run away tomorrow!" If she stayed on any further, she would be so awkward and become very very very very very embarrassed. 

 

 

----

 

Hi guys!  If I receive one comment and 2 more up votes for this story, I'll start writing the next chapter and post it before I sleep! The next chapter is the first peak of the story!!!