I’m Ugly and I Know It

Mr. EyeSmile Meets Ms.No Good

“I know I’m ugly and nobody wants to love me,” you are singing that song loudly when your best friend Lea suddenly knocks on the door. “Althea, open the door this bish.Ya!” You hurriedly open the door but before you opened it you slipped on the floor because of a peel of banana that you after you eat it few hours ago. “Ouch!,” you said.  You are getting used to it. You always slipped on the floor, bumped something, or fell on the stairs, you are that clumsy. You opened the door and your bestfriend see that you are grimacing. “Ya, what happened to you?,” she asked. “I….I…..”, you are trying to compose your sentences when she laugh and said, “Don’t tell me you slipped again.” You nodded. She laugh endlessly. “Ya, can’t you please laughing? And why you are here,”  you asked her. She stopped and show you an envelope and said, “I came to give you this.” She then gave you a warm hug. You opened it and you were shocked as you read it. It was saying that you are hired as a professional photographer. Together with your bestfriend you jumped happily and it seems like nothing can’t stop your happiness. 

Few days after you prepared yourself and packed everything you needed. Its your first time to leave your homeland. You know you will miss it but you are really excited about your new job. You are about to leave tomorrow and you decided to invite your bestfriend in your apartment. You wanted her to sleep there. If there is somebody you will surely miss that’s her. She’s been with you from the day one. Your parents died when you are 18. You finish college out of your determination. “Ya! You fool. You will be going to Korea. You will be have a chance to him.,” she said while pointing to a poster on your wall. It was a poster a member of Korea’s beastly idol group 2PM. You like him so much but you feel that the chances for him to like you is 0.00000000000000001%. “Yes, I think. Its been my dream to his him.,” you said to her. “What if one day he will fall inlove you what will you do?,” she asked. “Ya…..That’s very hard to imagine. Junho will like me? She will just like someone like Suzy,” you said. “Ya.You are right. We are ugly and nobody want to love us.,” she sang loudly. You know that you are not ugly as well as your bestfriend your just too lazy to fix yourself. You don’t put any make up even lipbalms. You don’t wear dresses cause your just comfortable with shirts and jeans. You have fun with your bestfriend that night. It is always fun to be with her and eventhough she is busy with her studies always make it up to you.

“Ahhhhhhhhhhhh! Lea, wake up! What time is it now?,” asking your bestfriend. She woke up, wore her glasses, and asked. “Ya, why are you still here?” You both screamed when you saw the clock hanging at your wall. Its already 8:30am and your flight is 10:00am. Considering that the airport is quiet far from your place you know you will be late. You hurriedly change your clothes and brush your teeth. You then gather up all your things while Lea called a taxi for you. Thank God the taxi was too fast that you arrived at the airport at 9:15am. “Bestfriend, bye!”, Lea hugged you tight. “Ya, you didn’t take a bath, did you?,” she asked while smelling your head. You nodded. “Ya, Althea-ssi, how dare you to go to Korea without taking a bath. Psh!,” she scolded you in front of many people. “Ya, can you please lower down your voice? Many people can hear you. Besides, we will gonna be late if I do so.,” you explained in a lower tone of voice. “Ara, ara. Go now. Do you want the airplane to leave you?,” she said. Then, both of you bid farewell. You board the plane and as you seat on your chair you cannot take it but to cry. You will miss your bestfriend as well as your place that gave you both sweet and bitter memories.