02; A Very Good Day

Symphony of Fate

02 ``A Very Good Day

 

Bzz Bzz. 8AM. The alarm went off. A lazy hand reached the little buzzing machine to snooze it off and the owner slowly slumbed back off to sleep. He wasn't ready for school yet. Especially not the first day.

 

"Luhan!" a loud booming voice entered the boy's room. "It's already 8:30, when will you be up?"

"Later." The sleepy one replied, without moving an inch. Shaking his head, Xiumin left the room with Yixing snickering behind, "You better wake up now." but only got a soft humming in reply. Not even 3 minutes later, a cup of cold freezing splash was all over him.

   

"AH!" Luhan shrieked, totally awake now. "What was that for?!" he complained looking at the older male, while Yixing was still busy laughing.

"To wake you up." Xiumin casually shrugged. "Get ready, we'll be late soon." Luhan groaned but still didn't move from his position. Seeing no sign of moving, Xiumin threathened him, "A certain girl would gladly get the knowledge that the school's soccer prince has a big time crush on her~" he singsonged.

"I know who!" Yixing feigned innocence, although he was cracking up. Luhan threw his pillow on Yixing as he glared at both of his two best friends. "I'm up, now get out of my room." he pushed the two out and closed the door. Now, his uniform had the be somewhere...

 

Back to school. Finally, but just another typical day for the flower boy trio. Girls flocking on them, squealing as they passed by; in short, their fangirls were all over them. Boringly, Luhan reached for his handphone, contempling whether he should send a messange, or not. "You're in A-201" Yixing informed, distracting him from his little gadget. Hearing his class number, he groaned. "Are you kidding me?" Everyone in the school knew who was the infamous homeroom teacher to this particular class. Teacher Cheng may look young and laidback, but don't get fooled by the appearance, he's the most scary teacher in this academy. And he had the responsabilities to take care of the special top sophomore students. Heck, Luhan didn't even know how he got into this class; his grades were just average. Suddenly, a buzz on his phone woke him up from his little dispair. A huge smiled formed on his lips; of course, she'd be in that class.  

To be honest, Luhan wouldn't come to school if it wasn't for a certain girl. Albeit a year younger than he was, she was brilliant enough to have skipped a year and now attending the same courses as he did. Actually, she already caught his attention at the very beginning of the their freshman year. Her name was Wan- "Luhan!"

Lifting his head up when he heard his name with the oh-so-familiar voice, he gulped. There, standing just a few meters away, the group of cheerleaders were walking toward them. Don't take this wrongly, they were nice girls. It was just that Luhan weren't much fond of them, perhaps awkward would be the right word.

Immediately, Meili wrapped her ams around his and slightly pressed herself on him. "Good morning, Luhan." she sweetly greeted him. Returning a smile, he uncomfortably took a step back. "What class are you in?"

"A-201" Yixing almost immediately replied for him in a joking horror way. The girls gasped, "With Teacher Cheng?" "Good luck!"

It wasn't long until the little group separated and each headed to their own class, except, of course, Meili who was still stuck by Luhan's side.

 

Luhan entered the classroom and immediately spotted a very familiar figure. *A-201? Very not bad of a class,* he thought to himself, with a smile on his lips. *This is actually going to be the best class so far.*

 

Suddenly hearing girly squeals, Chunyi lifted her head to the classroom's door to see what took everyone's attention. Seeing Luhan at the doorstep, she slightly grimaced. Not because she hated him or anything. In fact, she thought he was a very fine boy. It was just that she'd have to deal with noisy mornings now that she got one of the heart throbs in her class. But her attention weren't long on him, her eyes drifted to the petite figure next to him. *Of course* She quietly chuckled, seeing her older sister always stuck by her not-so-secret crush amused her. Ever since they started attending this academy, Meili had set her eyes on him, even if the feelings didn't seem to be mutual.

Girls were checking their makeup, fixing their uniform, pushing away their seatmate to make sure there's a place for Luhan next to them. However, Luhan's next move surprised the class. He simply walked toward the front seats and casually took the seat right next to Chunyi. Why would the number one flower boy seat at the very front? But that thought didn't last long. The ladies immediately fought for the desks right around him.  

"Ah! Chunyi! I didn't see you!" Meili happily exclaimed when she noticed her sister. "Good morning~"

The latter rolled her eyes, "Now that's pretty late." she amusingly retorted. Meili cutely pulled out her tongue, "Well, I should go now. Take good care of Luhan for me!" she waved as she jogged out of the classroom. Chunyi shook her head with a smile clear on her face.

"You two seem very close." He stated. Surprised that he talked to her, Chunyi carefully replied, "Yeah, you can say that." He nodded, and tried to find anything that might be interesting to talk about, but only silence remained. *I am so messing this up* He blamed himself. Before he could say anything more, the homeroom teacher entered the class.

 

"Do you want to grab lunch together?" Luhan asked his seatmate, as it was finally lunch break; the period every single student was waiting for despite only being the first day of school.

Turning her head to the sides back and forth, Chunyi pointed herself, "Are you talking to me?"

Seeing her adorable expression, Luhan chuckled, "Who else?" He stood up from his seat and waited for Chunyi, "Let's go, Qiguang is probably with the others anyway." Hearing her best friend's name, Chunyi didn't think of anything and just nodded along. She was going to look for him anyway and a little comapny on the way wouldn't hurt, right?

On the sides, a few spotted their short interaction. "Luhan and Chunyi?" They infered.

Walking side by side, Luhan tried to come up with any conversation, while Chunyi didn't think much.

"Hey, you know that big assignment we have to do?" he asked.

"The analysis seminar?" Chunyi asked back.

The male nodded and bit his lower lips, wondering if it wouldn't be too obvious. "Would you like to be my partner?"

Chunyi shrugged, "Why not?" She smiled, which made Luhan exclaim a big yes internally. "I shall be under your care, sir" She joked. Luhan laughed, "Same here, my lady."