01; Rise and Shine

Symphony of Fate

01 ``Rise and Shine

 

7:00AM, not even a second late. The doorbell of the Wang household rung. Quick steps ran down the stairs, "I got it!" a lively morning voice singsonged while going for the main door. Knowing exactly who was behind at this particular early time, Chunyi brightly smiled as she opened the door, "Qiguang!" Chunyi greeted him with a hug. Yeah, they saw each other almost every day this Summer, but still, she'd always loudly welcome her best friend.

Qiguang casually welcomed himself in, as he had been over too many times to count. Seeing the two adults, he politely greeted them and took the sit next to Chunyi as she spread strawberry jam on two slices of toast. Bitting onto one, she offers the other slice to the latter who was patiently waiting for his own share. An every day morning routine before heading to school.

"Seeing you two almost every day like this, I still wonder how you two aren't a couple." Meiqing joked, as she took her place next to her husband. Almost instantly the two friends replied at the same time, "IMPOSSIBLE!" which caused the elders to laugh.

"I've known him for too long." "Too long is an understatement." "Also, my standards are higher than that," she pointed the latter as he scoffed, "Oh yeah? I know all your little secrets!" they amusingly bickered as they finished their breakfast. Once done, Qiguang picked up the plates and put them in the sink while Chunyi went upstairs to grab her bagpack and wake up her sister on her way to her room.

"It's time to wake up, Meili!" Chunyi poked her head into her sibling's room. Seeing no sign of waking up, she barged into the room and removed the warm blanket from the sleeping beauty. "Wake up, wake up!" she lightly shook the older girl.

Feeling a cool breeze on her skin, Meili shivered and slowly opened one eye, "Morning.." she drowsily greeted. As Meili lazily sat up, Chunyi waved goodbye and went back downstairs meeting her best friend at the door steps. "We'll be leaving first!" they said in chorus; what, they are best friends.

 

Once outside, the sun was brightly shining in the sky and birds were chirping awake the sleepyheads. Both enjoying the weather, they slowly took their time to their favorite café. There, they each ordered their favorite caffeine drink to stay awake during the whole day. It was only the first day of school, but still, nothing's wrong with a little dose of coffee, right?

Walking just a street down, they arrived to a little market alley. Even this early in the morning, owners were already up preparing themselves for the long day. As they took a slow walk to the specific court they were heading to, they greeted passing by elders who were also out for their morning exercices.

"Grandpa Liu!" Chunyi called the old man when she saw him. Quickly jogging toward him, the two friends made sure to take away the furniture he was lifting in his arms.

"You shouldn't be doing the heavy work," Qiguang scolded the elder. "What if you get hurt?"

"He's right. Leave this to us!" Chunyi chimed in as she went in the store to take out another bench.

"Two you brats always come here every day to help from early morning." Grandpa Liu chuckled, "What would I do without you two?"

Chunyi smiled as she came out with a chair, "No one can ever say no to free food." she winked. "Especially the infamous classic chicken noodle soup by the great Liu Jinhao!" Qiguang added.

Shaking his head, Grandpa Liu smiled as he watched over the two taking the chairs and tables out to set his food court stand. Going back in the small store, he got the necessary ingredients ready for the day.

As they were done taking everything out, Chunyi took a clean towel and wiped her sweat off and toss it to Qiguang. Talking a little more with the elder, and so they left to school. Or more like ran since it was about to start in 15 minutes left. Anyway, it was only the first day, they weren't really in a rush.

 

"Finally!" Qiguang shouted, "It's good to see you again, school!"

On the side, Chunyi laughed at his boring joke. "You should like an old man!" she snickered. Laughing at each other, the two didn't see the arriving presence getting near them.

"Chunyi! Qiguang!" A male voice called them, "It's good to see you guys today!"

Turning their head to look at who called them, Chunyi's eyes rounded with a big smile spreading on her face.

"Senior Fan!" Qiguang greeted him, very well knowing that Chunyi wouldn't make the first move and would dumbly just stand there staring at the older man.

Yang Fan, or simply better known as Fan, is the basketball star captain of the school. He was very well worshiped by the underclassmen as he was both gifted in sports and school. Well, let's not forget his gorgeous looks either. Anyway, he was the perfect boyfriend any girl would want to have.

"So how was your summer?" Fan smiled looking at both of his juniors.

"Very great." Qiguang replied, "It felt good to have a long break from school."

"You just said you missed your old pal." Chunyi jonkingly pointed out.

To her answer, Qiguang rolled his eyes and poked his best friend, making her laugh. Seeing the two having fun in the morning on the first day of school, Fan softly smiled. "I'll be going first. See you guys around!" He waved and left to join his friends a little further away.

Once the older student was gone, Qiguang didn't fail to take the moment to poke fun at Chunyi who was still red. "Look at our little Chunyi! She's as red as a tomato now!" he laughed loudly, slightly crouching down.

"H-hey! That's not funny!" she pouted and quickly put her hands on her cheeks. "I'll get back at you!" she threatened as she raised a hand in the air. Seeing her lifting her arm, Qiguang quickly ran away toward the entrance to avoid her punches. He knew that wouldn't hurt, but what's the fun there if he were to just submit to her. "Come back here you little kid!" she yelled as she ran after him.

Getting near the boards, Qiguang stopped in his tracks and quickly looked for his name to see which class he was in. Chunyi, who didn't expect his abrupt halt, crashed on his back. "Ow!" she rubbed her nose and slightly hit his arm. "That's for making fun of me AND stopping out of no where!"

Qiguang pulled his tongue out, "Wait until I tell Senior Fan about your little crush~" "Hey! You wouldn't!" Chunyi frowned. "I totally would." He winked. Chunyi faked a barf, "Don't do that, I'm not like one of your fans."

They both laughed and went back on looking for their names among the hundred names on the board.

"Aw man!" Qiguang was the first to find both their names. "We're not in the same class!"

Frowing, Chunyi pouted, "This is a miracle. After 7 years, we're finally separated." "Finally." the male emphasized.

"I guess I'll see you after school?" They both nodded and waved goodbye.

Walking toward her class, A-201, Chunyi felt her pocket vibrate and took out her handphone to check the incomer. *Greyhoundeer* Seeing the pseudoname, a bright smile appeared on her face.

Good morning! Satisfied with your class?
9:03AM Sent by Greyhoundeer

She quickly replied, hoping this anonymous pen pal would be in her class this year. 

Not bad, except I'm stuck with Teacher Cheng for homeroom
9:04AM Sent by Wang Chunyi

Their meeting started around the beginning of their freshmen year. It's been almost a year since they have met on a chatting site, coincidently finding each other through the portal, but they had never met in person. It wasn't that they didn't wanted to meet in real life, it was just more thrilling to have an icognito friend. Almost every day, they would message each other about their days; was it good, was it bad, what made them smile, what bothered them. When they first met, they felt an instant connection that neither could describe.

No way! Same here!
9:07AM Sent by Greyhoundeer

Reading the message, Chunyi quickly lifted her head to look around the classroom, hoping to take a glance of who could possibly be her pen pal. Seeing no one with an electronic in their hands, her shoulders slopped down. She let out a small sigh and sat down at an empty sit in the front row; she was a perfect role model student after all.