rules schmules

Collection of Ficlets

“Dammit, Chanyeol, it was my turn!”

 

Chanyeol smirks, but doesn’t remove his card from the pile. “I didn’t see you moving, so I assumed you had no card to play.”

 

“I was pulling a card from my discard-”

 

Chanyeol tilts his head in surprise, but doesn’t stop smirking. “Oh really? I thought you were placing a card in your discard pile.”

 

“No, dammit, pick up your card! I could have actually played a card!”

 

“Well,” Chanyeol looks at his cards, at the deck, at Jongin, then back at his cards, “Why don’t you just go this time?”

 

Jongin exasperatedly sighs, “Because I won’t have anything to play!”

 

Chanyeol leans forward and flicks Jongin on the nose, and the boy squinches his face. “That sounds like a you problem, Jonginnie.”

 

Jongin angrily shakes his head. “No, I think it’s a you problem because you don’t even know how to play the game!”

 

Chanyeol puts down his cards and holds a hand to his chest, pretending to be offended. “Of course I do! It’s not that hard, Jonginnie. It’s you who can’t play the game.”

 

“Yeah, yeah, whatever. I’ll just play, seeing as I’m not the cheater out of the group.” Jongin draws a card from the draw pile, sighs, and adds it to his discard pile before glaring at Chanyeol.

 

“Didn’t get anything?” Chanyeol smirks, and grabs three cards from the draw pile, bounces excitedly, and picks up the card on his stockpile so that he can finally play it. Jongin groans.

 

Sure enough, that spawns a neverending streak of Chanyeol playing cards from his hand, and his stockpile, and his discard pile. When Chanyeol runs out of cards in his hand, Jongin whines, “Isn’t your turn over if you run out of cards in your hand?”

 

Chanyeol grins and lifts a card out of his discard pile. “Nah, I don’t think so.”

 

“Says the idiot who probably didn’t read the rules before he made me play this stupid game.” Jongin huffs and runs a hand through his hair, “I could be doing better things than this on my day off. Hand me the damn rule sheet.”

 

“Ah, come on Jongin, don’t be like-”

 

“I will be like this because I think you’re cheating!”

 

Jongin lunges across their playing space for the box and paper instructions, but Chanyeol tries to stop him by semi-tackling him before he can get the instructions. Jongin laughs and kicks Chanyeol in the shin, causing the other to retreat in pain. Jongin fist pumps in victory and grabs the instructions before sitting back down.

 

“Okay, let’s see here…. How to set up…. How to play! Here it is!” Jongin scans the instructions, gasps, and blanches.

 

Chanyeol looks over at him, amused. “So? What did it say?”

 

Jongin folds the instructions and puts it back in the box. “You know…. Instructions don’t really matter, Channie. It’s how we want to play that matters.”

 

“Hmm is that so?” Chanyeol smirks as he reaches for the instructions. As soon as he unfolds them, he reads, “How to play…. Ah ha! And, I quote, Jongin, ‘If you play all five cards, draw five more and continue playing.’ Sounds like I was right.”

 

“Bull, those instructions are ambiguous.” Jongin sneers.

 

Chanyeol guffaws. “How so? It clearly states that you should draw more cards and-”

 

Jongin snatches the instructions with a frown. “It says, and I quote, Chanyeol, ‘Continue playing.’ That’s incredibly subjective to the reader because to me, ‘continue playing’ means draw your cards and continue the game by letting the next person have his turn, but for some damn reason, to you it means draw your cards and continue on with your long turn-”

 

“You’re just saying that because you’re losing.” Chanyeol snorts.

 

“Whatever. Are you going to ‘continue playing?’ Also known as, ‘continue cheating?’”

 

“Yes we are!” Chanyeol scoots over to his cards, places a 12 on the building pile, and Jongin removes the stack with a sigh. Chanyeol, seeing that he has one final move, places a Skip Bo down in the empty building pile slot, and finishes his turn with a grin.

 

Jongin scoffs. “Since when does a Skip Bo card equal a 1? I tried that early in this game, and you said it didn’t!”

 

“I didn’t say that,” Chanyeol coyly smiles.

 

“I’m pretty sure you did.”

 

“Well, I didn’t because I know it’s a perfectly fair move.”

 

“You say that now because you’re making the move.” Jongin glares.

 

“Well, fine then! Let me see the-” Chanyeol reaches for the instructions, but Jongin being the bad sport he is, sits on the sheet with an evil smirk.

 

“When has that ever stopped me?” Chanyeol laughs before throwing himself on top of Jongin and reaching for the instructions, until he finally stops when he realizes that Jongin isn’t giving up that easily.

 

Sighing loudly, Chanyeol pretends to get off of Jongin, until he leans forward and tickles Jongin’s neck, stomach, and all the way down to his chest. “Chanyeol, Channie, hyung, please!” Jongin cries, throwing his head side to side in laughter.

 

“Not until you give your hyung the instructions!” Chanyeol grins.

 

“Never!” Jongin laughs and shoves his legs forward to push Chanyeol off of him, but instead his legs wrap around the other’s, making Chanyeol stop suddenly, and Jongin now notices how close they really are.

 

Chanyeol stares at him, at his lips, for a few seconds before cursing under his breath and surging forward to capture Jongin’s lips in a kiss. Jongin chuckles in delight before threading his fingers in Chanyeol’s hair and pulling him closer.

 

Chanyeol, with his lips still attached to Jongin’s, slides an arm around Jongin’s waist to pull the two of them into a sitting position, only for Jongin to push Chanyeol on his shoulders and make him fall onto the ground with Jongin on top of him. Jongin smirks into the kiss, causing Chanyeol to lightly bite down on his soft, plump bottom lip, eliciting a faint mewl from Jongin.

 

Jongin returns his hand to Chanyeol’s hair, softly gripping it and running the dry, yet silky locks through his fingers. Chanyeol tilts his head a bit more and swipes his tongue over the spot where he’s been biting Jongin’s lip, and Jongin, taking that as an invitation, opens his mouth for Chanyeol’s invading tongue. Chanyeol grabs the back of Jongin’s neck a bit too forcefully, causing their teeth to clink and Jongin to groan before swirling his tongue alongside Chanyeol’s.

 

Jongin, unknowingly, pushes Chanyeol further and further into their abandoned card game until the latter breaks their kiss, making Jongin groan in frustration and push their lips together again.

 

Chanyeol, laughing, pulls away from Jongin slightly, leaving just enough distance between their lips that they have to breathe each other’s air, making Chanyeol a bit dizzy with arousal. “Jongin-ah, I’m laying on top of the game.” Chanyeol whispers.

 

Jongin rolls his eyes and attacks Chanyeol’s neck with a combination of his teeth, lips, and tongue. “Like I care.”

 

“I care! I was winning!” Chanyeol whines, but shuts up when Jongin slides a knee between his spread legs and rubs it against his growing .

 

“Hmm, do you still care?” Jongin breathes against the bite marks that he smoothed over with his tongue.

 

“Um, n-no, way better than Skip Bo,” Chanyeol moans.

 

“Anything is better than Skip Bo.”

“You only say that because you were losing.” Chanyeol simpers.

 

“Whatever. Shut and kiss me.”

 

-

 

based on this prompt if you have no idea how to play Skip Bo, here are the instructions