Chap 5

Typical Arranged Marriage(Not)

Concerts were going on almost every single day, leaving all of them exhausted yet satisfied. The boys were enjoying their meals together when one of them threw an empty bottle at Sehun. The practise room filled with laughter when the maknae dropped his phone, shocked at the attack. 

"Ya!" Sehun screamed, rubbing his head as he glared at the culprit. Tao smiled at him innocently in return. 

"Stop playing with your phone. Eat." Tao reminded, pointing to the untouched food packet. 

"I forgot that someone is already married.. Must be texting his wife." Baekhyun emphasized on the last word, playfully making a cute puppy face. "Missing her already? Aww.." 

The younger gave a bored face, rolling his eyes afterwards,"Please. I'm not even texting her." 

"Oh yea...?" Chanyeol nudged him while Kyungsoo smirked, judging the maknae. 

Sehun was about to explain who he was texting when the girl he texted appeared, bursting into the room cheerfully. 

"Sup guys!" She waved excitedly, "I bought some cakes!" The guys hurriedly ran over to her like deprived kids.

"Daeun! You're the best!" The guys kept saying and crowding over the cake. She giggled and handed it to them. They knew her very well since she is Sehun's girlfriend. "There you are." Sehun got up, pushing the guys away. He took her in his arms, gave a small peck on the cheek before settling down together with the members.

"I miss you.." She whined quietly, while the others were busy chatting and eating. 

Sehun hugged her lightly," But you're with me now." 

"I know." She played with his fingers. "Do you miss me?" She looked up at him expectantly. Sehun nodded, before getting up to get another cake.

Daeun stayed for quite some time then left for practise. The moment she exit, Chen frowned at him from across the room.

"What?" Sehun gestured to him, annoyed. He knew what the hyung wants to say actually. They have been pestering him to tell Daeun about his marriage despite it being contract. 

"Timer." Kai commented instead. 

"Excuse me?" Sehun raised his eyebrow accusingly at Kai.

"You heard me." Kai unplugged his earpiece. He glanced at Sehun while shaking his head in disapproval. Sehun's face turned extremely red as he bored his eyes into Kai's. The maknae felt his heart rate increases with the rising temperature in his veins. 

"Take back your words." Sehun demanded.

"Nope." Kai refused, biting onto another chunk of cake.

The others were pretending not to hear what was going on between the two. But in fact, they were the ones who have purposely asked Kai to speak on their behalf. The dancer put his earpiece back in, unaffected by the maknae's fuming expression. Everyone in Exo is familiar with Sehun's anger management. He has the worst temper amongst them so when they saw him charging towards Kai, Chanyeol was the first to react as he pulled Sehun's arm backwards. 

"Sit down." Chanyeol calmly said, but was pushed by Sehun's amazing strength. "I'm not your dog." He rudely replied. 

Before they could prevent a fight from beginning, Sehun had violently pulled out Kai's earpiece and smashed them against the wall. Kai shot up from his seat instantly, by reflex raising a fist in the air at the same time, but Sehun held it firmly.

"You want to punch me? Do you think I'm scared?!" Sehun slammed Kai's hand down. But in a blink of an eye, Kai had insisted with a hard blow fisted on the younger's face.

"Kai!" Suho screamed horrifyingly while the others gaped in fear. 

", Jongin!" Xiumin rushed towards the downfall of the maknae as he staggered back, hitting the table. 

"I don't think you're scared. I know you are." The dancer spitted, shaking his fist from the impact. He then casually went to pick up his earpiece and ignored the commotion. The maknae hissed in pain, trying to get up. 

"I'm fine." Sehun agitatedly said, still unsatisfied as he faced Kai again.

"Guys, stop it." Lay wanted to drag Kai out of the room. 

"Good for you." Kai did not budge. "But it looked painful though." He mocked, seeing Sehun's face blossomed to blue black. 

"I'm not a timer." Sehun reiterated.

"Are you sure?" The other challenged.

"Hyeri is not my wife! How many times must I tell you?! I will marry Daeun right after the divorce!" Sehun roared, desperately explaining his plan but it's useless, they won't believe him. 

"Daeun is clueless, Sehun! At least tell her.. She's been worrying a lot lately do you know?" Kai soothed, feeling a tinge of upsetness that the girl whom he had treated as a sister had been crying to them because of this maknae.

"I texted her everyday! I bring her out often despite me being an idol and bought her gifts like I had always! I don't understand! What is she worried about?! Nothing changed!" The maknae fussed adamantly. 

Everything has changed. His inner voice contradicted. 

Indeed. After the day Hyeri thanked him, he had start to pay a little attention to her. He took note the time she had to go for the rehabilitation centre so that he could accompany her. He stayed up late at night at the dining table, learning Chinese as an excuse to wait for her to finish up some paperworks. She looked more alive nowadays and he thought it could be because of the counselling she went to at the rehab centre.

There was once he caught her smiling when she was reading one of his fanmail sent to the house. That was the only time and the best memory he had of her. But to say he love her, no he doesn't or so he claimed. 

The heated argument left all of them focused on practise more than ever. Nobody talked. They did the choreograph perfectly for once, and was dismissed earlier. Sehun had been thinking about the two girls. Maybe, he should listen to the members. He should tell Daeun about it. But the thing is, he's not sure about his feelings for Daeun too. Even before he got married, he was uncertain.

Sehun was about to press the button to call his girlfriend but then he changes his mind last minute. It's because, Hyeri's text had came in. Once done reading them, he immediately called her instead.

"We need to talk. What time will you be back? Ok I'll come get you." He hung up. 

He picked her up at around 9pm and drove uphill, far away from the city. The text had made him nervous he might have passed out earlier. Sehun parked the vehicle and went out. Hyeri took the cue and followed him when her eyes paused at the view from where they're standing.

"God.. it's so beautiful.." Hyeri softly praised, mesmerized at seeing the outskirts of the city. 

The night light of the buildings and traffics were imitating a glowing group of fireflies against the dark blue sky. They flickered every now and then, but the bustling sound of the city was nowhere to be heard. The tranquility of the silence from way up here was a contrast to when they were down there awhile ago. She had never seen it before. Faint sounds of the wind echoed in her ear as they lingered on her skin. She inhaled them slowly, loving the coolness of it filling her lungs.

He leaned against the car door while he watched her. Simple girl, he observed her dressing. Not that he is a ert or anything but this might be the last time he gets to see her if what she texted was true. He has to remember her. All of her. Her oversized plain grey t shirt dress stops slightly below her knees with black jeggings and black slipper on. With the dark brown hair pushed to one side, the wavy curls swayed gently in the wind as they lullabied it. Her back view was enough to make him sighed. It was breathtaking.

"Done yet?" He asked, standing beside her. She flinched slightly upon hearing his voice. The stunning view had make her lost in a trance for a minute. 

She looked up at him,"Sehun?" 

"Hmm?" He hummed, turning his head to her. His heart skipped a beat as their eyes met. He divert his gaze instantaneously when the pound in his heart banged against his chest.

"Can I still see you after this?" She asked unsurely. 

His forehead creased hearing the question. He stared at her before the words blurted out from his mouth. He needs to know. "Why does the contract suddenly ended before 5 months?" 

She turned back her attention to the view before speaking,"He's marrying me to another person. The company with your dad is not working it seems." She openly say, tired to elaborate more on something she despise to be reminded of.

"What?" Sehun mouthed unbelievably. Hot blood surged through his system. His face turned as cold as she had first saw him on their wedding day. The ice cold where the fire dare not come to melt. 

"That won't happen." He uttered deeply. 

"Yea, if I can make it out of the country before he marry me off." Hyeri stated blankly. That was her plan. To escape somewhere where she could start a new life with Nini and her grandmother. A new family. 

"What do you mean? You're running away?" He grabbed her hand, much to her surprise.

"Yes. I can't stay. He will come after me. I've nobody here anyway. It's best to go somewhere where he can't find me." She explained, gulping when Sehun's gripped held tighter.

"B-but you have me. You can't j-just go like that." He stammered, confusion enclosed him.

She blinked her eyes before removing her hands away from him. "You're not talking sense, Sehun." 

His mind was a mess and his emotions are scattered all over. She had quicken her steps to the car when he ran after her. "No, no wait!" He rubbed hs temples, in dilemma. "Hold on! I'm sorry. I.." He lose the words and swallowed, reaching for her arm. "Yea you're right. I'm not talking sense but don't go back yet. I brought you here because I wanted to eat dinner with you. It's my favorite place. You should try it." He hopelessly almost begged her. "We'll forget everything and eat, okay?" 

"Okay." She said at last. 

When the food arrived, Sehun nonchalantly helped her cut the meat before handing it over,"The meat can get a little tough. I did this for Tao too. He's going to scold me for telling anyone though so you better keep it a secret.. That boy loves getting pampered." He grinned, trying to lighten up the atmosphere. She laughed with him.

"Do you always come here?" She asked curiously.

"No, this is only my third time." He smiled,"The first two was with my mother but busybody Tao wants to tag along for the second one." He chuckled.

"The food here is good." She complimented,"Mum sure have a good taste." 

"We can eat together someday." He suggested.

"Someday..." She mumbled. That will never happen.

"Or we could come again whenever you want." He placed the pealed prawn on her plate. 

"Thank you." She muttered. "I can just call you right?" 

Sehun stopped chewing. A sad smile lined his lips. "Of course, anytime."

It's been two months since she stayed at his home. And tomorrow, she's going to sign the divorce letter and move out. To... he have no idea where. Sehun kept glancing at her throughout the drive home. She was just staring out the window. 

"You going to be ok right?" He asked gently, when the traffic turns red light. 

"I'll try my best." She nodded at him. 

"If it gets hard, you can come back to me." He added, stepping on the accelerator when the light changes. 

"I won't bother you anymore." She answered. He kept quiet and continued driving as per normal. 

"Then, I'll come to you." He says in the end, when he had stopped the car into the parking lot.

Sehun was restless on his own bed. He kept twisting and changing position but he could not sleep. His worries and anxiousness to see her leaving tomorrow make him got up. He was about to head to the kitchen when he bump against her. Hyeri held his eyes. 

They stand still, unmoving.

"You're not asleep?" He break the silence, stiffling a yawn. 

"I can't." She tiredly respond.

"Then where are you going with the bolster?" He poked the pillow in her arm. 

"To the living room. Maybe I could watch something and fall asleep.." She trailed off, shrugging.

"Ok. Me too." He followed.

Sehun switched on a random movie, it was one one of the Harry Potter. Hyeri was sitted on the single sofa, cuddling herself with the bolster as she rested her head on it. While on the long couch, Sehun was fully lying down with his pillow and blanket. They were comfortably watching when he noticed her eyelids getting heavier. 

"Hyeri?" He called out.

"Hmm?" She turned to him dazily. 

"You want to lie down here?" He gestured to the small space next him on the couch, he too was feeling drowsy already. She simply stare for long and when he thought she might have ignored him, she had gotten up to his side.

"Enough?" He softly asked, giving more space for her to settle in front of him. She nodded, pulling her bolster close to her. He was keeping his hands to his side although it was cramping. She was too close to him that he wished he could wrapped her in his arms but he respects her enough not to do anything without her approval. 

A few minutes past and he almost doze off when her voice forced his half lidded eyes to her direction.

"Hug me." She stated. For awhile he thought he must have misheard, but her arm reached for his before she put them on her waist. She then rested her arm over his, snuggling back into his chest. Sehun drew in his breath deeply at the contact. But he relaxes when she kiss the back of his hand lovingly. 

"I'm going to miss you." She whispered out before shutting her eyes.

The words pierced his heart as he pulled her closer tenderly. He could not explain what he feel for her but the warmth felt really good, he never wants to let her go. He interlocked their fingers together, hoping she will stay forever in his. Hearing her stable and peaceful breathing, he realized she had fallen asleep in his arm. "I'm going to miss you too." He kissed her forehead, staying for a few seconds before sleep took over him for the night. 

 

 

 

 

 

*Hello guys, sorry for the long chap and grammatical error. I'll check tomorrow since it's almost 4am over here. Hope you enjoy this chap. And thank you for the comments& subs.(: I love you. Goodnight.