Chap 4

Typical Arranged Marriage(Not)

It might seem like things were going well between them but it's not. Hyeri doesn't care about the promise she made to try and get rid of the drugs. While Sehun was counting down to the number of days he could divorce her. This drug addict is such a hassle to deal with, to him. At first, he wanted to help but then it came to his mind, why bother? She is just this random girl who refuse to save herself so why should he. It's just a waste of time cracking his brain for her. 

Hyeri on the hand, was only thinking of Nini. During breakfast and dinner, she notice the guys patrolling around the apartment. Worry was all she could feel each time she heard Sehun talking on the phone with her stepmother. 

"What did you tell her?" She asked him directly.

He kept quiet. "General stuff." 

She glanced at him expressionlessly. "Hope you keep to your words." 

He wanted to reply back but someone knock on the door which interrupted their talk. 

"Sehun!" The girl came crashing into his chest the moment he open the door.

A smile spread across his face, welcoming the beautiful lady. Hyeri got up and was about to make herself invinsible when the woman stopped her.

"Who are you?" She asked accusingly, eyeing her up and down.

"Hyeri." She said flatly, while Sehun said,"Housekeeper." Hyeri wanted to laugh hearing it but shove it away. 

"Is she here everyday?" The woman asked, unsatisfied.

"I'm leaving now." Hyeri excused herself. 

"Don't worry about her. " Sehun comforted, caressing the lady's back whom he called, Daeun.

They spent some time together in the house with him sweet talking to her and sending them to work as she is an idol as well. But to his surprise that day, while he was about to throw away some trash, he found the pills. Did she really quit?

She sat at the bench in the park, waiting patiently for Nini to come at her usual timing which is around lunchtime. She went to sit at the swing, pushing it lightly with the tip of her slipper against the sand. The park is empty, leaving her to blank thoughts as she stare into the sky. She keep swinging slowly until soon her eyes kind of closes out of fatigue but she blinked every now and then, looking out for Nini. 

When she heard shuffles from the back, she excitedly twirled around hoping to see the little girl but instead it was someone else.

"What are you doing here?" She got up from the swing, agitated to see him.

"Don't walk away." He paused in front of her.

"What are you doing here?" She repeated, backing away. 

"I need to talk to you." The middle age man demanded to which she scoffed,"Talk? Now?"

He nodded. "Have a sit first." He walked ahead to the nearby bench. He looked more older than the last she saw him. A lot more grey hair peeked in between the black ones and his face wrinkled with the slightest move. She give in seeing he walked slowly to the bench. There was a silence between them, leaving only the breeze softly echoing in the background.

"How are you, my daughter?" He asked, looking far into the vacant space.

She remain quiet. 

He tilted his head slightly to look at her, hoping she would respond but she kept her lips sealed. The tightness clamped around made it difficult for her to utter anything. Her vision cloud with tears preparing to take their downfall. "Am I really your daughter?" She asked ever so faintly.

Her father was not surprised at the question as he nodded solemnly. "You are.. you're my first and only." 

"I see." She acknowledged monotonously. "That's why I'm the outcast."

He inhaled a deep long breath,"Not anymore, I'm here to take you back." 

Frozen in her spot, she thought she had lost some oxygen in her lungs."What do you mean?" She's not sure to be happy or relieved or wonder why the sudden action.

"I can sense they're cheating on our business. And there is no use for you be married to his child. We have another company and I thought it's better for you to be off with Mr Foo's son instead. We could merge the two teams together.." He was instantly cut off with Hyeri's loud, exaggerated chuckle. 

"What?!" She laughed unbelievably. "You came all the way here to talk to me about this? Oh goodness god.. " She continued laughing, hands raking her hair. At the same time, she stood up. A tear slipped down her cheek, to which she brushed off roughly with her sleeve. 

"What do you think I am? A toy? A business bait? No, dad, I am your daughter for heaven's sake! How long more are you going to torture me after mum's death?" She yelled at him, overwhelm with the rush of devastation surging through her heart. "And here I thought you had finally realize how much I needed you.. but no." She shook her head absurdly. Calming down for a few second, she continued tiredly,"You know what dad, forget it. You are such a disappointment like you had always been. Useless, pathetic and an ungrateful son of a.." A hard slap landed across her face. It was a strong blow, leaving an instant red against her fair skin. 

"The ungrateful one is you!" He spitted out. "If not for me, you won't be alive! Indeed, you are not my daughter! Mum and I picked you up by our doorstep. Someone left you. You're an abandon child but I had promise her before she passed away not to reveal this. But you're too much, Hyeri!" He snarled, towering over her.

The truth slapped her cruelly than the physical slap itself. She felt the betrayal agonizingly stabbed right through her chest. It was callous and unforgivable. "Now it makes sense." She concluded, with her eyes digging into his. "So much sense, dad. You should have break that promise earlier. Their words are right.." She stated. Her father dropped back down on the bench, with hands covered over his face. 

"It's not suppose to be this way.." He mumbled brokenly into his palm. 

Hyeri was sick and disgusted watching him,"I'm out of here. And don't bother finding me because all this while I had endure everything for you, my only hope. But not anymore." 

She took fast, huge steps walking home, wishing to run far away. The whole world as if collapsing one by one before her. She wanted to scream. She pulled the hoodie and allow her fringe to cover the side where the slap had surfaced. "How could you.." Her mind ring over and and over again as the merciless tears falls onto the ground.

Hyeri was about to enter the house when the giggles of Sehun and Daeun causes her to let go of the doorknob. She took a step back before walking elsewhere. Unprepared to face another round of interrogation, she went to the nearest shop to buy a bottle of iced mineral water. She pressed the bottle against the slap bruise, wincing slightly at the contact. How is she suppose to meet Nini looking like crap? She needs to get some concealor at home first she thought. She needs her. Only her could make her feel better. She told herself. Nini is her new pillar of strength.

Are you still at home? The housekeeper needs to get some stuff. She texted Sehun. 

No. You can get your stuff. He replied. 

Sehun lied. He had actually sent Daeun to the studio but had came back home. Today is his day off. He had planned to spend the day with Daeun, his somewhat girlfriend but he's not really sure if he love her for real. She doesn't even know about this contract marriage. Then, he had also plan to meet up with the guys for a movie later. However, he cancel it. He just wants to ask Hyeri some things. That was all in his mind. 

She did not cover up her face, thinking there is no one at home. The bottle rolled against her cheek as she opened the door. Much to her surprise, Sehun was sitting at the living room, watching television. She wanted to ask him why he's there but if she were to look up, he's going to notice her face and ask questions. Instead, she hurriedly went inside her room and locked it before he could stopped her. He sighed and got up.

Looking into the mirror, she traced the distinct bruise. Not long after, her shirt was drenched with the gushing of tears. She hugged herself in the blanket, tugging as closely as possible to contain the intense pain her heart felt. 

"Hey, can I talk to you for awhile?" He knocked on the door. She stills while he waited. "If you refuse to open, can you at least answer me? You're not drowning again right?" He boringly asked. 

"I'll be out." She flatly answered. She applied the concealor carefully, change her wet shirt and wipe the last drop of tears before meeting Sehun. 

"What is it?" She asked, sitting opposite him. He tilted his head to scrutinize her face. 

"Before that, why is your face swollen?" He almost reached out for it instinctively when she shifted back in horror. 

"It's not." She murmured, mentally and emotionally exhausted. "I need to go out soon.. what is it you want to say?" 

He shrugged,"You sure you don't need to go into a rehab without this? Because you're going to tremble like the other day. I can ask Tao where he go for his if you're ok with it." He took out the pills which he saw in the trash bin. agape. She had totally forget about it. It was an impulse move in the morning. She wanted to stop the drug taking but then when she saw him holding the packet in his hand, she grabbed it automatically. 

"I-I.. " She's rendered speechless.

He took it back from her. "Actually I have ask Tao, and in case you think you can't handle it, I can bring you there. " 

She had not fully understand what had just happened in the park with her dad earlier. And to think that she would be hysterical when the emotions settle in later at night when she's lonely, she shook her head. "No, give it back." Deep inside, she wish he had not shown her the stuff because she just can't seem to resist it. "Next time, don't meddle in my problem." A frown clearly seen on her forehead. 

He was pissed with her stubborn reaction. He was just trying to help. Fine by all means, he will leave her. Sehun did not mention anything and simply got up from the seat. But then she pulled softly onto his arm,"Thank you."  

His heart paused before he glanced back,"You're welcome." She released. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

**Hi, sorry for the hiatus from the last chapter. But I will update weekly from this chapter onward!(: Thank you for reading(: