Into Your World

Eternal Heartbeat new ver.

“You can know someone for years but feel like a total stranger..

But you can meet someone for just a minute and act like you’ve known him/her for the rest of your life..”

It’s 2.00 o’clock now, Luhan still lying on his bed staring at the room ceiling. For some reason, he can’t seem to put his eyes on sleep, his mind wondering around aimlessly. Luhan suddenly remember the incident that happened today. He’s smiling to himself.

“Park Chorong.” He muttered that name. The incident occur this afternoon playing like a movie in front of him. How he met with the boys, the angry face of the girl. How they end up running together and the incident inside the room. He doesn’t know why but the girl really caught his attention since the first time he saw her. And he can’t get her out of his mind.

Luhan thought suddenly disturbed by some noises from outside his room. The sound seems getting louder by any second passes. He then decided to check out where the noise comes from and slowly walking toward the door, opening it slowly.

“Hello! Is there anybody there?” He asked aimlessly, spotting no one in the hallway. It empty with not a single creature. His body shivered. Countless bad thought filling his mind. Suddenly he felt regrets coming outside from his room. Decided that he had to stop his mind from thinking anymore bad thought, he then turned back to his room door when suddenly his shoulder being patted from behind.

“Omma!”Luhan shouted, scared from the sudden interruption.  He is now sitting on the floor with eyes closed tightly, stunned by what happened a while ago. He stay like that for a while before his ears suddenly caught a laughing voice and when he finally decided to sneak a peek in front of him, that is when his eyes caught a girl standing in front of him, laughing out loud to him.

“Park Chorong.”Luhan uttered the name, clenching his teeth tightly, knowing exactly what the reason the girl is laughing. She must be enjoying the reaction he gave a moment ago. This is the second time in one day he embarrassed himself in front of this girl. Seriously, he would be glad if anyone shoots him to death right now.

“Hi!” Chorong greet, waving her handed to him, still recovering from her laugh before.

“What are you doing?” He asked, trying to stand back on his feet. Chorong immediately handing him her hands to help him stood and he gladly took it.

“I can’t sleep.” Chorong answered shortly, looking straight into his eyes.

“And then you decided to scare the hell of me?” Luhan asked again, still mad at her action earlier.

“Errr… sorry?” She answered, smiling innocently. Considering how scared him before and how angry he is toward her action, her smiling seem to do the magic because he can’t feel anything right now other than to hug this girl in front of him. Her smile seem so genuine toward him until one moment he think he want to keep that smile just for him.

“Luhan?”Chorong voice brings back his mind to reality. He turned his body to face his door room, avoiding her gaze.

“I swear I’ll kill you if you do it once again.” He gave her a warning, walking slowly inside his room followed by the girl, pouting her small lips.

 

++*****+++*******++

Luhanclose his eyes while taking a deep breath, feeling the cold night breeze. The city night view was place in front of him when he opens his eyes. Somehow after Chorong barge into his room before, she manages to drag him to the hospital rooftop begging him to accompany her for the night because she can’t seem to put her eyes to sleep. As the result, Luhan was here, at the rooftop with a blanket wrapping his freezing body while waiting for the girl that cause him into this situation coming back from getting something for them to eat.

“Coffee is here.” Luhan turned his face upon hearing the voice with a smile plastered on his lips.

“I bought us coffees and… a snack.” Chorong announced happily, holding two cups of coffees and a pack of snack on her hands. Her face filled with happiness just like a child who just gets their first candy.

“Did you seriously not wanting for us to take a sleep tonight?” Luhan commented jokingly with his eyes fix on the coffees she was holding. Chorong pouted hearing Luhan remark. Luhan chuckles upon seeing the girl reaction. Everything she done fascinating him and he doesn’t know why either. Luhan doesn’t seem to stop smiling and laughing whenever he was with her and he like the feeling.

“I don’t even know why I agreed to be with you here in the middle of the night on the first place.” Luhan questioned himself before taking the cup on Chorong hand making the girl smile again.

They finally settle down on the bench located at one corner with a blanket wrapping their body preventing them from the cold breath. Chorong slowly sipping her coffee follow by Luhan who sit beside her. They stay like that for a few minutes, both enjoying their hot coffee accompany by the night view.

Luhan finally turned his attention side way, looking at the girl who’s now enjoying her coffee with a snack with her eyes fix in front. Smile never leave her face. As if she can notice his staring, Chorong also turn her head side way, replying Luhan gaze toward her.

“Who are you?” Luhan blurred out so suddenly making the girl raise her eyebrow in surprise.

“A…. human?”Chorong answered hesitantly, not sure what is the correct answer she should give to him. Luhan laugh lightly toward her answer. Her bluntness is some kind of cute in his eyes.

“I know you’re a human. If you’re a ghost, I wouldn’t be sitting here with you right now.”Luhan commented.

“Right. I forget that you’re afraid of them.”Chorong emphasized her words jokingly making the boy shot her back with a laser glare before denied it strongly.

“How many times did I tell you that I’m not afraid, I’m just not offended. That is.”

“Isn’t that the same thing?”Chorong still tried to tease the boy.

“It’s not.”Luhan said shortly, already pouting his lips, sulk with the girl action.

“Okay. Whatever you say then.”Chorong finished their little argument when she notices Luhan sulking face. Luhan lips form a small smile toward her action.

“So, tell me. Who are you, Park Chorong?”Luhan questioned again, returning back to their last topic before. Chorong turn her face back to face the boy with unreadable expression.

“You seem to know every place on this hospital too well and every time I’m with you, we will end up being catch by someone. Isn’t that enough reason for me to question your identity?”Luhan added, trying to get the girl respond toward his question when Chorong just sit there silently.

“First of all, I want to declare here that I’m not a criminal. I’m a normal people. Second, the person who’s trying to catch us is just nurses in here.”Chorong finally spoke after a few minutes of silence between them.

“And why would they want to catch you?”Luhan asked again trying to find out as many information he can get from her.

“The first one or the second one?”Chorong asked back referring to the first time the met inside Luhan room and the time today, at the basketball court.

“Both.”

“The first time, I run away from the checkup they set up for me.”Chorong answered.

“And the second one?”

“I lied to them for going to the toilet but instead I play around outside with the boys.” She explained again, before taking a sip of her coffee from her left hand.

“Speaking of the boys, you seem pretty close with them.”Luhan suddenly remembered about the few kids he met today who Chorong claim as her brothers.

“Yup. They are my family here. I’ve been stuck into this place for too long that I forget I have friends outside this building.”Chorong lips curled upward when she talk about the kids while the image of their faces playing on her head.

“You sound like you’ve been living in here for the rest of your life.”Luhan raised his eyebrows upon hearing her words.

“I am.”Chorong simply answered back making Luhan turn his head in surprise toward her direction. Luhan eyeing the girl from the above of her head through the bottom of her feet, trying to find any injured part or something wrong with the girl.

“You look fine to me.” He blurred out the answer when Luhan doesn’t seem to find any reason for the girl to be here, at the hospital.

“I am fine to be truth but my dad is not.”Chorong said when she notices the weird expression plastered on Luhan face.

“He is the chief doctor of this hospital and the only family I got left which make the hospital basically my home when my dad spending most of his time in here and he can’t even let me slip from his view. So, I need to stay here most of the time, under his surveillance.”Chorongcontinued again as if she can read what was inside Luhan mind right now.

“When I fell from my bike and scratch my elbow, it gives him a reason to hold me here for a longer time, doing unnecessary checkup routine just to make sure that I stay.”E Chorong finished up with an irritated look remembering how her dad slyly finding any unbelievable and unthinkable excuse just to keep her here as long as he can.

“Well, that explains a lot of thing.”Luhan commented when she finish up her story.

“So, it’s your turn now. What make you end up here?”Chorong turned to question him. Luhan feel rigid all of sudden with her question. His inner self battling whether he should just tell her the truth or not. He won’t look that cool if he insists of telling her that he had accidently sprained her leg while running away from girls and Luhan simply cannot allow that to happen. He needs to keep his coolness level high in front of her.

“I sprained my leg from… basketball practice.”Luhan answered hesitantly while looking down to his feet, not convince by the answer himself but luckily Chorong seem to buy the lie he told her with a slight nod on her head.

“I’m glad you did.”Chorong stated suddenly causes Luhan to look up back to the girl sitting beside him in surprise.

“Because if you’re not, we wouldn’t have the chance to meet each other.”Chorong finished her sentence, leaving Luhan in complete daze with her sudden statement.

++*****+++*******++