Meet the Family

My Shadow

22.jpg (968×550)

Thank you for those that have commented, subscribed and upvoted! Means a lot! Bom is still confused about her feelings...so let's see what happens ;)

 

tumblr_m9cfi332O01rewlapo1_500.gif (500×280)

My uncle spent most of his life living for his parents, trying to protect the legacy...blah, blah blah. He preaches like, every single bloody day about ‘living up to the family name’ and ‘proving everyone wrong’ and ‘smashing the competition.’

For goodness sakes, I’m Park freaking Bom...

Regardless, I could never respect anyone more than my uncle. He was father, mother, friend and more. I could always come to him when I needed someone to talk to...if I ever needed a shoulder to cry on. The laughs, the tears, he saw it all.

Many people made fun of him for many reasons, whether it was the shining bald spot that was usually covered with sweat or his insane obsession with his business...

In case you’re wondering, he’s the CEO of a billion dollar business.

His business?

Wine baby, wine. The man only had to smell the stuff to know what kind of brand, flavor and maker.

Yup, that’s my uncle. I love him very much.

He just happened to be the man I fear the most. He’s the reason I’m pacing around the room, biting on my pinky while a boggart type....THING watched me, a small smirk on his face.

“You say your uncle is a kind, decent man, no?” Seunghyun asked. I was getting slightly annoyed (and a lil ) by the way his dark eyes moved, watching my every move. I bit my lower lip and collapsed on the couch, rubbing my eyes. Yeah, my uncle was the kindest man, but come on! He hired a body-guard for me! It’s not like I’m the president’s daughter or something! Sheez!

I felt a hand rub my shoulders. My eyes flew open and I tried to keep my breathing even. Seunghyun’s hand roaming towards my back was creating goose bumps all over my body, and I tried not to shiver.

“Stay calm love. You’re all tensed. I don’t want you to feel pressured,” he said softly. I closed my eyes for a moment and only concentrated on Seunghyun’s whispers and the hand that was caressing my back. Suddenly, I felt his hand move away and I opened my eyes. His head was raised and he looked like he was concentrating on something really hard. He looked like a dog that sensed something unfamiliar in the air, his jaw tensing. I turned my attention to the window and gasped.

“U-uncle!”

I could faintly make out his form coming out of the car and walking up the steps. I jumped up and waved my hands about. “Uh-uh-uh...YOU! Go....go somewhere!” I said, pulling Seunghyun up. He gave me a confused look. “Where-“

“Just....go...go upstairs and wait for me!” I hissed, pushing him up the stairs. He raised an eyebrow at me. “Just go!” I said, clenching my teeth and nudging him. The man (I use the term loosely) had the audacity to roll his eyes at me. Like it’s totally not his fault I’m in this mess.

____________________________________________________________________________________________

“So how was your day?” uncle asked me as I took his briefcase. I shrugged. How on earth was I supposed to sum up my day? I met some kind of boggart thing who had a thing for your grandmother and now he’s taken some weird oath to take care of me?

“It was alright. I went swimming,” I said nonchalantly. Uncle smiled at me and ruffled my hair. “My little cherry blossom, smile. Be happy. You only live once,” he said. I clenched my teeth and grinned at him. He sighed. Just then, the doorbell rang. Uncle shrugged and went to open the door. “My dearest Bom, I hope you find your smile, I don’t like seeing you so sad all the time,” he called. I rolled my eyes. Uncles, what can you do?

His words did hit a little close to home, I won’t lie. I ran my fingers against my lips and looked up at the mirror that was hanging in the dining room. I forced a smile. I looked constipated. Shaking my head, I sat down on the chair, nodding my head. Did being a model make my heart grow cold?

My uncle walked into the room. I didn’t notice much because my eyes were examining the pattern of the rug, but he tilted my head up. I gasped as I looked into his face. He appeared flushed and he had tears in his eyes. He grabbed my shoulders and pulled me up. Before I can say a word, he hugged me tight and broke into sobs.

“My poor baby...my POOR BABY!”

“U-uncle! W-what-“

“Why didn’t you tell me sooner?” he yelled, pushing me away. I blinked my eyes and frowned. “What are you-“

“You could have died! What would your mother have said?” he asked weakly. He covered his face and collapsed on the chair. I opened my mouth to say something but I had nothing to say. I just hugged him. “Uncle, I’m fine...”

“Yes, if it weren’t for this young man, I don’t know what would have happened to you,” he said motioning to the hall. I raised my head and my eyes popped out of their sockets. Seunghyun walked into the room, a serene smile on his face.

I’m gonna kill him.

“Young man, what can I do to repay you?” Uncle asked. He got up and walked over to Seunghyun, who was playing up the ‘innocent young man’ character with his head bent, but I could practically see the small smile plastered on his incredibly handsome face.

Holy did I just think that?

“I only did whatever anyone else would do in my place,” he said humbly. Uncle grabbed his hand and shook his hand rigorously. “I will do anything for the safety of my niece. Do you have a job young man?”

“No. I’m new in town,” Seunghyun replied quietly. My mouth dropped open. You don’t need to be a genius to know what will happen next. I can practically see the wheels turning in my uncle’s head even though his back was facing me.

“This is a lot to ask, but since you are in need of work and you seem fit, how would you like to work for me as Bom’s bodyguard?”

“I don’t know sir. That seems like a lot to ask. She has a bodyguard anyways-“

“Fired. He is fired without any regrets.”

“I don’t know sir. It’s a bit sudden don’t you think?”

“Listen son. I only care about my Bommie’s safety. You saved her; I want YOU to guard her. Can you do that? I will pay you any amount-“

“That’s not necessary sir. I don’t need money from you. Because you are my elder, I cannot refuse your request,” he said. Uncle chuckled and hugged him. “THAT’S MY BOY!” he cried out, hugging Seunghyun and slapping him on the back. Seunghyun gave me a Cheshire grin and winked. I rolled my eyes and silently clapped my hands together.

Well played boggart, well played.

____________________________________________________________________________________________

Seunghyun had my uncle wrapped around his skinny pinky! My uncle hardly noticed me all week! So apparently, I was swimming and I was drowning or something and Seunghyun just ‘happened’ to save me. I’m not really sure what was what but that’s the gossip among the maids. Seunghyun seemed content just following me around silently, and my uncle avoided the topic like the plague. Gah! I couldn’t wait to go to England.

My relationship with my mother was never the best. With her working in reform school, she assumes every chick is just like them: stuck up s. I had to always have my posture, talk without slang and basically hold my head up so high kids could see up my nose! However, when I found out about the and my father abandoning us for some other chick, I realized that she only did her best just to make sure I wouldn’t end up like her. After that, she became a close friend I saw every summer.

I packed my luggage, stuffing everything that appeared expensive and ‘covered everything.’ Seunghyun watched me with his hands crossed across his chest. I ignored him for a while, walking around him as I went through my closet. Eventually, I couldn’t avoid it any longer and went through my drawers. I stared at the folded up undies and bras that were sorted based on color and occasion. I looked up and cleared my throat, giving Seunghyun a meaningful look.

“Yes milady?”

“Oh please, don’t call me that,” I groaned. That name gave me fuzzy feelings inside. It made me feel gentle and kind...like someone after a fairytale.

“What do I call you then?”

“Bom, just like everyone else?”

“Ah, but I don’t wish to be like everyone else,” he said, giving me a small smile. I rolled my eyes. What a cheeky bastard. He looked thoughtful for a second. He studied me for what seemed like an eternity. I could feel my face heat up as he walked towards me.

“Alien,” he whispered. I looked up at him and frowned. “Huh?” I could feel the scream build up inside me.

“Alien...you’re my little alien,” he said softly. There was a moment of silence as we stared at each other. He had such a powerful gaze; his dark brown eyes seemed to bore into my own. I couldn’t even blink. I didn’t even know what was happening. We stared at each other, unmoving...while I had my grasp on one of my undies that had TUESDAY written on it.

Funny....it wasn’t even Tuesday.

“Seungie! Can I see you for a second?” Uncle called. I shook my fuzzy head. Seungie?

“I have to go, will you be alright?”

“Oh yeah yeah...you go, I’ll be there soon,” I said breathlessly. He chuckled softly. “Don’t hurt yourself,” he said more seriously and left. I sat down on the bed in a daze. What just happened? I could hear laughter coming from downstairs, making me roll my eyes. I seemed to be doing that a lot...rolling my eyes.

And Seungie? You’d think they knew each other forever!

Hah! Wait till uncle finds out his beloved ‘Seungie’ was older than his great grandmother!

I frowned and rubbed my forehead. Could I really do that?

Well anyways, I couldn’t wait until I go to England. Seunghyun may be able to trick my uncle but there’s no way he’ll be able to charm my man hater mother.

This will be fun.

____________________________________________________________________________________________

I hate planes. They smell and they’re the worst place for germaphobes....not that I am. I just hate the idea of my sitting on other people’s sweat.

I had to admit. This time was better. Not because I was sitting in first class like always, not because I got hit on three times by men who could not get enough of staring at my legs...

But it was for my incredibly y .

Omg, what the hell is wrong with me!

I hate him!

No you don’t...

Well.....I don’t love him!

No , you just met him!

Well....don’t think it, cuz it’s not true aite?

Alright alright...don’t bite my head off...

Don’t bite ‘our’ head off

Whatever!

I had to give myself props...even my conscious was badass! If only my personality was like that too.

“Are you alright? You seem a little feverish,” Seunghyun said, interrupting my thoughts. I snapped out of it and stared at his flawless pale face. I could understand why women would go crazy for him. Heck, even I was tempted to have him touch me and do VERY dirty things to me....oh gosh....

“We’re here miss,” the driver said. I blinked a few times. I didn’t even know how we left the airplane...I think it had something to do with me checking out Seunghyun’s ...

I was NOT!

Was too!

WAS NOT!!!!!

Seunghyun opened the door for me, his eyebrow raised. I realized that I was making faces at myself. “Are you alright Bom?” he asked concerned. His hand touched my forehead and brushed against my neck. I felt myself blush. “You seem a bit warm-“

“Im fine I’m fine,” I said and got out of the car. I straightened out my dress and looked up. I saw a vision of something brown when suddenly the air was knocked out of me.

“UNNIE!!! UNNIE!!!! CHAE IT’S BOM!!!” my cousin Dara screamed into my ear. I laughed and hugged her back. “Okay Dara, can I see everyone else?”

“Of course! My bad!” she laughed and let me go. I felt a small stab at jealousy when I saw her. She hadn't changed a bit since I saw her. She had the same small round face and big brown eyes. I looked up and saw my cousin Chaerin and Dara’s boyfriend Jiyong (She’s dating a younger man...still can’t believe it). I heard the clearing of a throat and I felt eyes upon me. I bit my lips. “Um....Seunghyun, this is my cousin Sandara...Dara this is...”

“Tabi, it’s been too long,” she said, smiling. Seunghyun smiled. Next thing you know, the two were hugging as though they were old friends!!!!! Tabi??? I felt my eyes twitch but I kept my face poker face as they part. “So, uh....you two....know each other?”

“Oh yes,” Seunghyun said.

“Very well,” Dara giggled as Seunghyun winked at her.

bomgif3.gif (500×272)

Well that’s it. Still a mystery huh? The next chapters will be a lot longer and will explain even more so look forward to it! Thank you! Oh, and Dara and TOP are not together and were not together...lol! Will not anything disturbing my TOPBOM so don’t worry! <3

-T-O-P-big-bang-33505451-500-281.gif (500×281)

Gah! I love that eyebrow! Let's see it again!

-T-O-P-big-bang-33505451-500-281.gif (500×281)

Oooooh yeeeaahhhhhhh!