Leaving

Hey, Busan Girl!

Updated : 13/6/2014

 


 

Gayoung yawned, stretching her arms as she fought her eyelid from shutting. 

Today is the day, all of her dreams are coming true. She's finally going to live in Seoul! It all happened drastically two day ago, Gayoung was coming back home from school, she saw a white envelope laying on her study desk when she steps into her room. 

On top of the envelope was written 'Seoul International High School' along with an address and the school's emblem. Gayoung flustered at first, she hesitated whether she should open it or let her parent do it instead. But, she convinced herself to read what was contained inside the envelope. Damn! If Kyuwon was there, he would laugh his off seeing how she was trembling like crazy because of nervousness.

Eventually, Gayoung slowly rip the side of the letter with her eyes tightly closed. Her hands were trembling as she took the folded paper out of the envelope. Her eyelid slowly opening, unfolding the piece of paper in her hand. Scanning the paper nervously, her eyes shot wide open when the first thing she saw was 'Congratulation!'

She re-read the letter from the beginning till the end.

A loud shriek echoed in the whole house. Gayoung jumped up and down, waving the letter around in the air as she cheered with full of joy.

She was accepted to attend Seoul International High School, one of the most prestigious school in Seoul. And mostly all of the students were successful in their academics.

It was her dream to live in Seoul and study in one of the most prestigious school in the big city. 

Gayoung's mother, Mrs. Jung, burst into her room with a worried look plastered on her face. She was a bit startled when a loud shriek was heard on the second floor of the house. Gayoung was her one and only daughter, if anything happens to her then she'll never be able to forgive herself.

Gayoung turned to her mother when she heard the sudden outburst from her door, her mother was looking at her with a worried expression. Mrs. Jung was asking whether she was alright, seeing the smile on Gayoung's face made her reassure herself that her baby Gayoung was okay. Still, she was a bit curious about the loud scream she heard from the kitchen.

Gayoung told her mother everything, about the letter she received from Seoul International High School and that she was accepted to attend the school. Mrs. Jung looked at her in disbelief. After proving to her mother that she was right by showing the letter, both of them ended cheering in her room not giving a damn if their screams annoyed the neighbours.

Like mother, like daughter.

 

"Ahh~ That's the last bag!" Her father informed, shutting the car's trunk with a soft slam. He looked back at his wife, informing her that they were ready to go. 

Mrs. Jung nodded as she turned to her daughter, " Gayoung! We're ready to go! Did you-" She stopped midway when she found Gayoung sleeping in a stand pole form with her head tilted near her right shoulder.

"Aish! This girl!" She walked closer towards Gayoung, and slapped the back of her head. She woke up right away with a small whimper access out of her lips, rubbing the back of her head and looked at her mother with wide eyes.

"UMMA!" She scowled, the back of her head softly. Her mother showed no guilt, "Serves you right! I told you to sleep early, yesterday night. But, what did you do? You ignored me and continued to play that game in your phone the whole night, right?"

That left Gayoung speechless, she knew her mother was right so she decided not to retort back at her. 

The speechless Gayoung received a glare from her mother, "Stop day dreaming! Let's go! The bus will be leaving in another two hours, so hurry up!" She scolded her daughter before walking towards the car. Gayoung made a face before getting inside the car.

 

Mr. Jung was driving his car cautiously, the road they were passing was near the woods. He definitely didn't want to get caught in a car accident with a deer or any type of animals, or worse, a human being.

Mrs. Jung was knitting a scarf while Gayoung was staring out the window trying to memorize every scene that the car pass by. She wanted to remember Busan when she get to Seoul, and tell all her new Seoul friends about how great Busan was. Although, she had doubt that Busan was any greater then Seoul but Busan will always be remain in her heart, it was her birth place anyways.

The stereo was playing some old song, which Gayoung wasn't really familiar with, she was more into the trending new k-pop songs like SNSD, SHINEE, f(x), etc. 

Her father changed the radio's channel, he stopped when SNSD's I got a boy was played. "Uuuuuww~ This is my favorite song." He confessed, as he hummed along the song.

Gayoung chuckled, seeing her father moving side to side as he was allured into the song.

Mrs. Jung suddenly changes the channel again, this time she stopped on Infinite's Destiny. "Ahh~ Much better." She said, making herself comfortable again in her seat. Gayoung snickered as she watch her father looking at his wife in disbelief and scoffed.

"Yah! Why did you change the song?!" He asked a bit loud.

"Because Infinite is much better then those girls." Mrs. Jung didn't look up at her husband, instead she responded to him while knitting her homemade scarf. Eventually, she looked up and turned to look at Gayoung with a sweet smile, "Isn't that right, Gayoung?"

Gayoung nodded, "Yeah!"

Her father scoffed at the two, "What are you talking about? Gayoung! Weren't you the one who introduced to me and told me that SNSD is one of the best girl group?!" 

Gayoung bit her bottom lips, "Sorry, appa! But between Infinite and SNSD, I love my Infinite oppa more." She respond. As Gayoung and Mrs. Jung gave each other a mischievous smile.

Mr. Jung wasn't going to just give in, "HOW COULD YOU GIRLS LIKE THOSE GIRLISH LOOKING BOY GROUP?!? SNSD IS MUCH BETTER THEN THOSE GIRLISH BOYS!"

Gayoung gasped. Her father had just insulted her Infinite oppa. She was about to retort back but her mother gave her a reassuring smile, "Don't worry Gayoung! I got this." She turned her head back to her husband with a creepy smile.

"Mr. Jung, I'm very sorry but..." The smile quickly turn into a scary look, "WHO ARE YOU TO TALK LIKE THAT TO THOSE YOUNG AND NICE LOOKING BOYS?!?" She shouted at him, everyone in the car flinched a bit at her high pitch voice.

"THOSE BOYS DID NOTHING WRONG TOWARDS YOU, BUT HOW COULD YOU JUST SUDDENLY INSULTED THEM BEHIND THEIR BACK! THOSE BOYS ARE NICE AND SWEET! JUST BY LOOKING AT THEIR FACES, I COULD ALREADY TELL THAT THEY'RE ALL GENTLEMEN TYPES! JUST BECAUSE INFINITE IS BETTER THEN SNSD, DOESN'T MEAN YOU HAVE TO BE THE BIASED TYPE WHO'S TRYING TO SIDE THEIR FAVORITE IDOLS, EVEN WHEN YOU KNEW INFINITE IS BETTER!" She continued. Once she ended her long speech, she breathe hardly trying to catch her breath. Cursing the man beside her under her breath.

Her husband was speechless, his jaw slightly drop. "W-what?!? H-HOW COULD YOU-" He stuttered, stopping midway as he tried to get his mind back together after the loud exclamation from his wife, "HOW COULD YOU SAY SOMETHING LIKE THAT TO YOUR HUSBAND?!? JUST BECAUSE THOSE GAY BOYS LOOK NICE AND SWEET AND ALL! DOESN'T MEAN THEY ARE!! WHAT IF THEY'RE SOME SNOBBISH LITTLE BRATS, HUH?!? WHAT IF YOU TRIP DOWN THE STARES AND THOSE GAY BOYS WERE THERE WATCHING THE SCENE? DO YOU THINK THEY'LL HELP YOU?!? I BET THEY'LL JUST PASS BY YOU ACTING LIKE THEY WEREN'T AWARE OF YOU FALLING DOWN THE STAIRS, HUH?!?"

Mrs. Jung gasped, as she retorded back with an even longer speech. Both of them ended up fighting again. Their fights weren't new anyways, they fight a lot even about the smallest things. To Gayoung, it was a normal thing to see them fight. They'll fight about anything if they didn't felt satisfied towards each other. Although, they fought alot but it has never been too far like, getting into a divorce.

To her parent, they think it's actually a usual thing for wed couples to fight. They think it's. . . sweet.

A weird couple? Very.

Gayoung sighed, she shooked her head in a disapproval way. Although, she didn't like it when her parent fought alot, but she would prefer this way then seeing them holding hands and smushing up each other faces like some newly wed couples. Trust me, you would not like it a bit. 

Gayoung cringe at the though, getting her focus on the road again as she ignored her parent's loud love quarrel.

Suddenly, her back rosed up as she saw a familiar place inside the wood, through the window. A familiar figure was sitting near an old oak tree. Then, it hit her!

"-I HAVE NO DOUBT OF SNSD BEING A MUCH BETTER IDOL GROUP THEN THOSE GAY BOYS-" "Stop!" Mr. Jung stopped midway, he struggled on the break to stop the car. His daughter's shriek had totally startled him. 

Just as he stop the car, Gayoung immediately open the door and walked out. "I'll be back in just a bit. Call me, if anything bad happens!" And with that, she went off.

Mr. Jung peek at her through the car's mirror. He went curious, "What is this weird girl doing now?" he muttered.

He turned back at his wife, she was crossing her arms looking straight at the front. He cleared his throat, "Since Gayoung isn't here..." he took hold of his wife's right hand, "how about we make up now, eo?"

His wife scoff, "Aish! This old man! What?!? You thought I've forgotten about it just like that?!? I know the reason why you like those sassy girls! You like it because they show their bare milky skin. It's because they move their hips side to side, and give seductive winks at the camera man! WHAT?!? You thought I didn't notice you staring at their bare legs while they're performing?!? YOU ERTED OLD MAN!!!"

And there goes their second 'love quarrel' war.

 

Gayoung run to the usual tree house that she always hang out with her friends. ( imagine the tree house this way. it's not like how i imagine it in my mind, but this was the only one that seems close enough to my imaginations. Also imagine a basketball court underneath the house, just more smaller tho.

When she finally reach the back of the tree house, a familiar figure was sitting underneath it as he twirl a basketball on the ground with his fingers. The boy was no other then her closest friend, Jingoo.

"Jingoo!" She called his name out. Jingoo turned around, he smiled brightly when he saw Gayoung walking towards him.

"Hey, bro!" She greeted him, waving her hand in the air. He chuckled, "Hey, Gayoung!"

Gayoung sat next to him, he watched her every move and beam when she smiled at him.

"I'm sorry, if I'm late." She apologized, rubbing the back of her neck sheepishly. "Nah~ It's okay." Jingoo confessed.

Gayoung beamed, the smile on her widened even more. "So..." She began, "Why did you want to meet me?"

Jingoo grew nervous. 

He was about to confess his feeling towards her, but he was afraid she would turn him down. "It's just that..."

He bit his lips. He was nervous and flustered at the same time. For years of being good friends with her, Jingoo had finally realized his real feelings for her. At first he thought that he just sees her as a little sister, but it was weird how his heart would beat rapidly every time he sees her. He remembered the day when he had trip himself on the field while he was playing football. Gayoung helped him out along with his other friends, ofcourse. When they reach the nurse room, Gayoung treated him by covering up the bleed on his feet. That moment was when he found out about his true feelings for her.

And he knew today was the right day for him to confess. Although, she was leaving to Seoul. He had to confess to her before it's all too late. 

Gayoung tilted her head to the side, "What?"

He gulped, she was tilting her head in a cute way that made him even more nervous, Damn it!

"I wanted to confess to you that..." He stopped midway, looking at her trying to remember the adorable pale face that he always admired. 

I'm going to miss you, Gayoung, he thought. "I like..."

Suddenly, Gayoung felt a buzz in her jean's pocket. She fish her hand inside the pocket and took out the phone that was buzzing. 

'Great!' Jingoo growled in his mind. 

"Yes, appa!" He heard her voice, talking on the line with someone.

"I know! Yes, I'll be there now!"

"What? Wait- Hold on!"

"Appa, you're talking too fast!"

"Alright, alright! I'll be there!" She hang up her phone with a slight scowl on her face, "Sheesh.."

 

On the other line, Mr. Jung was talking to Gayoung on the phone. He was informing ( more likely yelling ) at her for being out too long, and that the bus will be leaving in an hour.

"-BE HERE QUICK! OR ELSE WE'LL BE LATE-" He stopped midway when the phone suddenly made a long beeping sound.

"Hello? Hello!" His mouth slightly gape as he brought the phone in front of his face, he scoffed, "Aish! How could she just hang up on me!"

Mrs. Jung rolled her eyes at him, looking back at the front with a faint 'tch' sound from her lips.

 

Gayoung pushed back the phone into her pocket, turning back her attention to her male best friend with a sincere smile.

"So..." She began, "What was it again?"

"I just wanted to-" The phone buzzed again. Both of them look down at her pocket with a slight growl.

She looked back up at him, "Just ignore the buzz sound. Go on! Say what you wanted to tell me."

"I li-" Gayoung growled in an irritated manner, this time, it was the sound of a car's horn. 

"Aish, that old man!" She scowled. Jingoo gave her a small chuckle, trying hard to hide the disappointment on his face.

Jingoo sighed, 'I guess this wasn't a good time to confess.'

"I think you should go," He admitted, "Don't wanna lose your bus to Seoul, do you?"

Gayoung look at him, "Yah! Are you shooing me away?" She smirked playfully. He shook his head.

"Of course, not!" To tell you the truth I wanted to do the other way around, His heart shouted but he couldn't get his mouth to say it out.

"I just don't want you to lose your bus for Seoul. It is your dream to live in Seoul anyways," He said, "So, I didn't want you to lose your dreams."

The last sentence really touched her, Jingoo had always been a good friend. He always support her with her dreams. He believe that she'll get her dreams to come true, and it did.

Although, he's quite disappointed to know that she's leaving but he didn't had the heart to stop her from going. It was her dream, and he didn't want to crush it.

Gayoung gave him an apologetic look, she stood up and dust of her jeans. "I'm sorry, I have to go so soon."

Jingoo gave her an assuring look, "It's okay. It's not like you're leaving forever." Please tell me you're coming back.

She nodded, "Yeah! I'll be back soon, but I don't know when. Maybe on christmas or something. But I promise I'll be home soon."

He mentally sighed in relief. Knowing that she'll come home again made his heart felt warm. Then I'll confess when you come back.

"Well, I guess..." She look down, her hand brought up in front of her. "-this is goodbye." 

He gave her a soft smile, "Yeah, goodbye!" He took her hand, shaking it softly. She looked up and smiled brightly at him.

 

30 minutes later.

 

They arrive at 'Busan Central Bus Terminal', Gayoung was bringing up her things into the bus and made sure that she had not left anything before leaving for Seoul. After finishing it up, she jumped off the bus and ran towards her parent. She wanted to give them her last goodbyes before leaving them for the rest of her high school year.

She pulled them both into a big cuddly hug, her eyes tightly close as she smell their warm scent. Her parent did the same to her.

Eventhough, they fought alot but that's just how the family runs, and they still love each other more then anything.

Slowly, she pulled away from the hug. She held their hands tightly, her father on the left and her mother on the right. She scan their wrinkled faces and the soft smile they were giving her. They were proud of her, their daughter was growing into a young independent woman. Gayoung totally thanked her parent for that, if it wasn't for them, she wouldn't be what she is by now. 

"Take care in Seoul, alright?" Her mother curled the strand of her daughter's hair behind her ear, "Call us anytime when you need help."

Gayoung nodded, "Neh! I will!"

"Your aunt said that they'll be picking you up at the station. So, just wait for them to fetch you up, okay?" Mr. Jung ruffled her hair softly.

She giggled and nodded, "Neeeeh!" 

The announcer suddenly made announcement, that the bus to Seoul will be leaving soon in a couple of minutes. 

Gayoung look at her parent with a soft smile plastered on her face,"I'm gonna miss you guys."

"We'll miss you too, sweetie." 

After hugging them for the last time, Gayoung waved at them and jumped into the bus.

"Hey, since Gayoung will be living in Seoul for the rest of her high school year. How about we spend our time alone together, like back in the 90's, eh?" Mr. Jung proposed with a playful smile at his wife.

Mrs. Jung giggled, "Aish! You erted old man." She remarked playfully. Softly slapping his arm as they both gave each other playful looks.

 

Gayoung look through the window, looking at the beautiful scenery of Busan. She sighed, knowing that she'll miss her old place. Busan was the place where she was first born, the place with full of sweet memories that she'll never want to forget.

She can't wait to get to Seoul, wondering how it'll feel like living in the big city. Gayoung had planned a lot of things she would want to do when she get to Seoul. She had planned it ever since she was five years old.

After a couple of minutes, the bus driver announced that they were leaving and with that the bus rode off to Seoul.

 


Author's Note :

Hello, fellow readers~ Welcome to 'Hey, Busan Girl!' first ever chapter!! I was so excited on writing this story!! I was so done with cliche stories and thought of getting rid the twisty plotties (lol) by writing a new romcom fic! Now, let me do something... 

WHAT IF THEY'RE SOME SNOBBISH LITTLE BRATS, HUH?!? - 

OMAIGAHD!!! INFINITE OPPA I SWEAR I DIDN'T MEAN THOSE WORDS~~~~ It was just a convers between Gayoung's parent TT.TT pls FORGIVE MEH FELLOW INFINITE LOVERS~~~~~ authornim didn't mean those words and so did Gayoung's father. Pls forgive us!!

*bows formally and begs for apology from inifinite fans along with Mr. Jung* 

Anyways~ I would like to thank all the fellow subbies, upvoties and commenties (lol~ i dunno if that word exist or vice versa xD)  I'm going to credit the first ever people who subbed and upvoted and commented on this fic even before this story started.

The first ever subbies : Airafina, scatteredHyperCookielialinaexoReader_Nani, fathimah.

The first ever upvoters :  HyperCookie, lialinaexo

The first ever commenters : lialinaexo, Airafina

LOL~ i know i'm exaggerating things but i was really suprise and excited when i found out i've gotten new subbies just in a couple of minutes :D also, because i'm bored and i dunno what to do .-. but basically, that is all ^^ see you in the next chappie~


 

Please do not plagiarize this story. All rights reserved to dexoa-.