Chapter 4

Vengeance (revamping)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 4:

a/n: this is actually two chapters merged into one but i realized its still short lmao chapters with Nichkhun are coming soon!

Comment/feedbacks are appreciated.

 

“Welcome to our apartment.” Tiffany said, opening the door wider for Minhyuk to come in. “Your room is the one at the end of the hallway. The first one is mine and the second is Jongin’s. You have your own bathroom so you don’t have to worry about privacy or anything. If you need something, just tell me okay?”

 

Minhyuk came in carrying his luggage and placing it down by the couch in the living room.  It was a week after that Minhyuk had finally called Tiffany that he’ll be moving in. He was reluctant to leave his grandmother who had taken care of him but Tiffany assured him that it was best that she’s not with him to avoid her getting hurt. Minhyuk went to his room and Tiffany sat down on the couch and decided to call Mr. Kim.

 

“Good Morning, Mr. Kim.” Tiffany greeted.

 

“How’s Minhyuk?”

 

“He’s alright. He’ll be staying in my apartment for the mean time since he’s not ready to talk to you yet but I’ll eventually talk him out to talk to you soon.” Tiffany bit her lip out of nervousness. She hasn’t informed her boss about this so she’s not really sure if he’s okay with it.  She’s not even sure if letting Minhyuk stay with her is the right thing to do. Minhyuk came out of his room and gave her a curious look, Tiffany mouthed that it was his father and the younger rolled his eyes before going back inside.

 

“Alright. If that’s the case then just keep an eye out for him.” Mr. Kim said before the line went dead. Phone calls with Mr. Kim has always been short. The man wasn’t keen on talking to people unless it was really necessary, everyone has to be straight to the point when it comes to talking to him.

 

Tiffany grabbed the folders she left on the coffee table before going to the kitchen, setting it on the counter. Tiffany scanned Jang Donggeun’s folder and sighed, she remembered seeing him for the first time when she came to talk to Minhyuk at the cafe he works at. Tiffany had to abruptly leave Minhyuk because of the rage she felt when he saw the man. She didn’t know she would be seeing him so quick. Flashes of that uneventful night came into Tiffany’s thoughts and all she wanted was to kill him. To make his family feel what she felt when her parents died. Jang Donggeun owns the cafe Minhyuk works at so Tiffany might be able to get information from him.

 

Minhyuk went out of his room towards the kitchen and grabbed a pitcher from the kitchen,

 

“Minhyuk, how long have you been working in that cafe?” She asked.

 

“For a year now, why?” Minhyuk replied, sitting on a stool opposite of Tiffany.

 

“Just curious. The one you greeted before I left, that was your boss?” Tiffany closed the folder with Jang Donggeun’s information and opened a different one instead. Even if Minhyuk is aware of her job and what his father does, she doesn’t want him to get involve into any problems.

 

“Yeah but he’s not the one who really handles the coffee shop. It’s his son.”  Minhyuk answered. Tiffany vaguely remembers Jang Donggeun’s kids, a son and a daughter.

 

“How was it working there? I really liked the caramel macchiato I ordered.”

 

“That’s one of our best sellers.” He mused. “ It’s alright, everyone’s nice, even our boss is nice. He often goes to the cafe to assist and sometimes work.” Tiffany raised her eyebrow, amused. The younger doesn’t look like he’s lying so Tiffany didn’t ask anymore questions and Tiffany concluded that Minhyuk wouldn’t be working there if he was being treated badly or the management of the coffee shop wasn’t good..

 

“You know noona, you’re being too obvious for someone who was trained not to be obvious.” Minhyuk said, smirking and Tiffany’s eyes widened for a moment before staring back at Minhyuk, calmly.

 

“What do you mean?”

 

“It’s obvious you need to know something about the Jang’s, what is it?”

 

“Nothing. I’m just really curious and since you’ll be living here and I need to look after you, it’s best that I know.”  Tiffany replied and Minhyuk nodded, not quite believing the older but he didn’t press on it.

 

“Well, okay but my boss is nice. Even Mr. Jang is nice and he’s actually the reason I got the job at the cafe. I needed it and since his daughter’s my friend. He gave me a chance to work there.” He explained. Tiffany nodded in understanding, assessing all the answers she got from Minhyuk. It’s not exactly a surprise for her to know that the Jang’s would be labeled as nice people. When you’re a part of a mafia, you don’t let everyone know who you really are. Tiffany has to look between the lines and find out more about Jang Donggeun and his family. She needed proof that he was really the one who killed her parents.

 

“By the way noona, just an advice. Don’t trust anything my father sa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter