Chapter 3

Vengeance (revamping)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Chapter 3:

 

The shrill tone of her phone blared through the room and Tiffany thoughtlessly reached out for her phone on the bedside table. She looked at her wall clock, 6:00 AM, it read and she groaned. Tiffany couldn’t think of a person who could be calling her at this hour and her schedule doesn’t start til nine. She answered the call without bothering to look at the caller ID,

 

“Tiffany, I need you in my office. Now.” Tiffany suddenly sat up on her bed upong hearing her boss’ voice. Mr. Kim had ended the call without explaining anything and Tiffany thought it must be a serious matter. Her uncle never really calls her personally since he relays his messages through his secretary. Tiffany thoughtlessly threw her phone on the bed and stretched a bit before deciding to get ready.

 

When Tiffany was finished dressing up, she went to Jongin’s room to check if he was already awake but he wasn’t so Tiiffany decided to leave a note saying she’s off to work and will be gone for the whole day. Tiffany grabbed her water bottle and a granola bar at the counter top before leaving their apartment.

 

Tiffany entered the company wearing a black dress with a blazer paired with black heels, her hair was tied in a low ponytail and she was wearing sunglasses. She was immediately greeted by employees going in and out of the building. Most of the employees wear black and white and Tiffany used to joke to her friends that almost everyone looked like men in black. The only people who’s brave enough to wear bright colors were visitors and investors. Tiffany walked towards the elevators and noticed some of the employees scrambling away and she smirked, she was about to enter the elevator when someone called her,

 

“Tiffany!” She looked at her right and saw Taecyeon walking towards her with a smile on his face. “How’s my mean girl going?” He asked and Tiffany rolled her eyes even though Taecyeon didn’t really see it because of the sunglasses. The elevator opened and Tiffany and Taecyeon came in, despite other employees waiting for the elevator, no one dared to come in. Taecyeon was holding back a laugh and Tiffany playfully punched him when the doors closed.

 

Taecyeon laughed, “Damn, employees are still scared of you and they totally respect you. Can you give me tips on how to be respected?” He said, jokingly and Tiffany smiled. A lot of employees were scared of her because of the aura she exudes whenever she comes in the building. Taecyeon would often joke that she looked like a mean girl from a movie but Tiffany would just laugh it off.

 

“Not my fault they get scared at my presence even though almost all of us have the same type of job plus you’re too good.” She said. The elevator dinged at their floor and the both of them step out of the elevator. Walking towards their boss’ office was a task itself as his office was located at the end of the hallway and you would be able to pass almost all of the offices in the floor before arriving at his office.

 

“So do you have any clue why Mr. Kim called me?” Tiffany asked. Taecyeon suddenly stopped in front of his office and went in, Tiffany followed and watched Taecyeon look at the stack of papers and folders placed on his desk,

 

“Nope. Did he not say anything when he called you?” He said and Tiffany shake her head, no. “Well I have no idea, he looked the same - you know, the usual - when he went in so I don’t think something’s wrong.” He added and Tiffany nodded. Taecyeon pulled out a folder from the pile of folders on his desk before giving it to her.

 

“Taeyeon told me to give this to you. She couldn’t give it to you personally since she had some errands to do.” Tiffany accepted the folder but didn’t bother to look at it, she’ll look at it later.

 

“Thanks. I’ll get going, I’ll see you when I see you.” Tiffany said and Taecyeon nodded, sitting down behind his desk as Tiffany went out of his office. Tiffany continued walking on the way to her boss’ office, she didn’t get why of all the places Mr. Kim could place his office in it has to be at the end of the hallway. Tiffany walked towards his secretary’s desk and Amber, his secretary, just gave her the ‘ok’ sign so Tiffany knocked on his door before walking in.

 

“Good morning, Mr. Kim. What’s the reason for calling me this early?” She asked, walking over to sit at the chair in front of his desk. Mr. Kim was focused on his laptop, letting out a hum as an acknowledgement of her presence. He focused on his laptop a few more minutes before setting up the projector himself. A picture of a young man was projected on the white wall and Tiffany’s eyebrows furrowed,

 

“I need you to do something for me and it involves this boy over here.” He said, pointing at the wall. “He’s Kang Minhyuk, currently studying at Seoul University. He also works part time at a cafe downtown.” He explained, leaning back on his chair.

 

“Wait, what do you need me to do to him?” Tiffany asked. The boy looked harmless so Tiffany doesn’t quite understand what this is about.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter