I'm here

First Meeting

You walked across his bed looking at the fragile body that was lying on it. Chanyeol ... You heard yourself whisper, which made you run to the other side of the bed, sitting down on the chair that had been placed next to it. 4:30 a.m. and there were tears running down your face. You couldn't help it but seeing him like this, hurting on the hospital bed, made you hurt even more. He had been asleep for at least 7 hours now and you didn't know what to expect or what to do. You felt your phone vibrating and immediately took it out as you remembered leaving the hotel room without any explanation. You looked down and indeed it was your mom. You were surprised your phones were still working even here in Korea.

"Sorry mom, I know I left without saying a word, but ..." you went silent and tried to hold back your tears.

"It's okay. I the T.V. and the first thing that popped on was their concert and what had happpened after it. Are you there? Were you able to see him? Is he okay?" she started asking. 

You wanted to say something but as you tried to, you turned to see him, lying down on that bed unconscious and you felt the tear rolling down your cheeks. You looked for his hand and slowly held it in yours.

"Yura met me at the front of the hospital and let me in the room. She told me that he has been sleeping ever since they got him here" you kept quiet.

"Well I am glad you are okay and that you are with him right now. I was just worried because you left in such a hurry and without saying anything. Let me know how it goes and don't worry about us okay? Call me tomorrow and get some rest please!" she said as you followed with a good night. You asked her not to worry and that you'll be in contact. As soon as you you both said your goodbyes, you placed your phone on the table next to his bed. 

You were really tired, since you hadn't slept on the airplane because you were way too excited to meet him. It took you a minute to analyze the human being laying in front of you. You took your hand and carefully ran it over his face, brushing his hair to the side which made him look even younger than he already looked. A smile appeared on your face as it brought memories of you and him talking for hours at night and laughing about the stories he had during the day, but as soon as it appeared it faded away at the realization that you were at the hospital and he was the one on the bed. Tears were streaming down your face and you then decided to take his hand in yours, squeezing it. You then started talking to him about your trip here and how excited you were to come, you were hoping that by talking to him he woud recognize your voice and open his eyes but there was no luck. After a while of just caressing his hand and staring at him with tears in your eyes, you rested your head on the edge of his bed, using your free hand as a pillow and without realizing it falling in a deep sleep.

♦♦♦♦

You woke up to someone else's touch on your head and after a few minutes realized that you had spent the night at the hospital. You kept feeling the hand on your head and you opened your eyes to find Yura standing next to you. She took her hand of your head and smiled at you, "Good morning or should I say afternoon?". You looked down at your watch and realized it was 2:00 p.m. You slept throught the whole morning, which you thought was only normal since you went to bed at 5:00. "Sorry, have you been here long?", you said as you stood up, leaving his hand were you had found it last night. Yura took a seat where you had been sitting and knead his arm as she turned to look at you, "Don't worry, I know you must had been tired and the jet lag is not fun either." She smiled as she stood up. Suddenly there was a sound coming from the table next to Chanyeol's bed and you realized it was your phone. You grabbed your phone and realized it was your mom but at the same time you noticed the battery was about to die, so you quickly answered. 

"Hey mom. Sorry I haven't checked on you guys, but I just woke up and just to let you that my phone is going to die soon. I'm gonna have to go back to the hotel to get my charger." Yura rested her hand on your arm and shaked her head, holding a charger on the other hand and smiling at you. You smiled at her and told your mom, "Nevermind mom, I have a charger here."

"Okay, well whatever you need, call me okay? Your sister and I are already out and we just wanted to know how you were doing and of course how he's doing."

You turned to look at Chanyeol laying on his bed, to which you responded, "Same. He hasn't woken up and I'm not sure when he will. I'm fine, I'm sorry I'm not there with you guys." Tears were forming in your eyes but you felt Yura's hand on your shoulder, reassuring you that everything was going to be okay.

"Please." Your mom answered, "I wouldn't expect you to be here, in fact, I would be pissed if you were here instead of there with him and his family. They need you more than we do! We can work things out, don't worry about us. However, if you do need anything let me know and I'll bring it to you." As you heard the last words of your mom, you made your way to the window that was facing the hospital's entrance and realized the huge amount of fans that were outside the entrance doors. "I think it'll be better if you guys enjoyed yourselves first, trust me, I don't think you would be able to go in anyways. I'll be okay. I have my money with me and if I get hungry I'll buy something here. You just enjoy and visit many places, okay?" You said, as you made your way back to Yura's side.

"Okay.We'll be in contact anyways. I love you."

"I love you too mom." You both hung up. 

"I have to go work, but if anything changes, let me know. My parents are working as well but they know you'll be here, and for that they are grateful as well." She said with tears rolling down her face. You took a hold of her hand and said, "I am the one who's grateful to you all, for letting me be here right now. For trusting me and for all the love you've shown me in such a short amount of time." You felt tears in your eyes but hold them back and smiled. Unexpectedly she hugged you so tight, you thought the air on your lungs weren't enought to keep you breathing. "You have been a part of the family ever since Chanyeol started talking about you." She stepped back and smiled at, grabbing your hands. "I left some money for you on the table. Please use it for whatever you need and I'll call you to check on you both." You bowed to her and she ruffled your hair as she made her way out. You sat down and stared at Chanyeol hoping he'll wake up soon. 

You took the charger which Yura had left for you and charged your phone. 3:30 p.m. The money that Yura had left was on the table and honestly, you didn't want to use it but she insisted on you using it and even said she won't take back any money left. You smiled at the thought of her words.

You have been part of the family ever since Chanyeol started talking about you. 

You didn't know how to pay them back for all the love they showed in such short amount of time. 

Sounds were coming from your stomach as you thought of what to eat for breakfast/lunch. You were making your way to the door when you hear a whisper.

 

Don't go ...