I won't leave

First Meeting

You turned around in awe. You were positive you heard a whisper, but nothing had changed around the room. Chanyeol was still sleeping and your phone was on vibrate. Great, now I'm going crazy and hearing all kinds of stuff. You turned around again, facing the door. You stopped there for a minute and waited to see if you were dreaming or if you actually heard something come from where the bed or your phone was. You decided to let it go and headed to the vending machine that was a couple of steps away from the actual room. You chose a couple of chips and an apple, something simple since you had barely woken up and didn't want to put too much food in your stomach, plus your appetite wasn't as good while having to watch Chanyeol lay down on that bed. You made your way back to the room and headed to the little sofa that was placed in front of Chanyeol's bed. You checked your phone for any missed calls or texts but here was nothing, which you were thankful, because that meant everyone was doing fine and you had more time to stay next to him. As soon as the thought came your phone vibrated.

"How are you doing? Do you need anything? More money? How is he? Same? Let me know. I'll go visit as soon as I'm out and that way you can go back to your family and enjoy Korea for a little bit. Don't bicker back with me. Yura (:" 

"I'm fine, thank you. He's still sleeping. I guess I have no choice now, do I? ㅋㅋ I will let you know if there are any changes. Have a good day." 

You couldn't believe at all the kind gestures his family had for you. As you started eating your apple, you stood up making your way towards the chair next to him, when the door to the room opened. A nurse came in to check on him and asked you if there had been any changes, to what you answered with a no. She said that it was normal and that you shouldn't worry, to give him time and he'll be back to normal soon. She stayed in the room doing a general check on his vital signs and on the vitamins which he was connected to. She shortly left the room, brining back the silence that you had come to make fond of, except for the noise the machined made. Your phone vibrated again.

"How is he? We're eating right now. Jajangmyeon! I kinda miss you ... Eww .. Ugh whatever! Just let us know how you guys are doing. Your sister"

You giggled as you read through the message, thinking on what to reply as you made your way to the chair next to Chanyeol's bed. 

"Well you should envy my chips and apple too! I miss you guys too. Oh stop! At least you admitted it! I might be going to the hotel tonight. Yura doesn't want me to spend so much time in here, while you guys walk around Korea without me! I'll text you later and let you know what's gonna happen. Let mom know!"

You smiled as you send the text. Your family could be a pain on the , but at the end of the day you loved them and they meant the world to you. 

You checked the time. 4:50 p.m. Wow! Time had flown by! Another hour and Yura will be there to take your place. Another hour of hoping he would wake up. Another hour. You Threw away the trash you had left from the chips and apple and needed to use the bathroom. 

♦♦♦♦

You came back to find something quite different about the room, yet you couldn't make out what it was that had changed while you were gone. As you sat down on your usual chair, you fixed your eyes on every single detail in the room. The blue curtains that were next to Chanyeol's bed. The T.V. hanging on the wall in front of his bed, having the sofa right underneath it. The big windows that faced the front of the hospital, where people had started to go home and looked much more peacful. The table next to his bed. Everything looked the same, except you hadn't looked at the actual bed and the person that was laying on it. You fixed your eyes on Chanyeol and realized something that made your heart jump a little. Instead of his head facing up, he had turned his head to where you were sitting. You didn't know what to do. You weren't sure he was awake, yet you were positive he didn't had that position before. You took a minute to breathe when the door suddenly opened. 

"Hey there. I got out earlier and decided to head over here first. Sorry I didn't call you or anything. I should've so you could've called your family." Yura said as she entered the room.

You stood up from your chair and said, "Oh no, don't worry. I'll text them when I'm on my way. I did bring an extra key from the hotel and I remember how to get there, if not I can always use my phone for directions."

"I'll give you some money for the taxi so you don't have to walk." She said as she started to look for money around her purse. 

"I have extra money from the one you gave me before, so there's no need for that. Really. Thank you so much. Oh! And before I forget. Here's the charger. Thank you, I really needed it." You said as you handed her the charger with a warm smile on your face.

"That's what sisters are for right?" She said as she grabbed the charger and put it back in her purse. "Well I'm sure I've said this plenty of times before, but it doesn't hurt to say it again. Thank you so much. For staying with him and just for being such a strong person. I don't know what we would've done without you. I'm happy he wasn't alone all the time." As she finished her sentence she made her way towards you reaching out her hand. You took it and she squeezed hard. "I will inform you of how he is doing, you go enjoy Korea, okay? No need to worry now." 

You let your hand go and hugged her tight. "Thank you for the warmth you've shown me. Thank you for trusting me and for letting me stay with him, for at least a few hours. Please do let me know if you need anything!"

You let her go as you said your goodbyes. You were making your way to the door when suddenly the words echoed on the walls of the room.

"Don't go again." 

You turned around to face Yura. Why would she ask you not to leave when she was the one saying you should? But what you didn't expect was to find her sitting down on the chair with hands covering as tears were rolling down her face. You noticed where her eyes where fixed and turned to see the body that was laying on the bed. 

He was staring at you with those big brown eyes, smiling at you as if nothing had ever happened. Your gaze started to get blurry as tears filled your eyes. You felt tear strolling down your face. Slowly, you made your way to the side of his bed. He reached for your hand and you reached out for his.

"Don't leave me again." he said as he caressed your hand in his.

You weren't sure you were able to speak, but somehow you managed to get this words out of your mouth. 

"I'll never leave you."