Chapter 7

I'm Sorry I Can't Love You

The next day in school, Tao did not appear; leaving Minyoung to be worrying about him. She thought maybe he was at home only to skipped school that day. After school, she went home quickly to search for Tao. However, she saw no one. Everything in Tao’s room was gone. Minyoung was shocked. Mixed feeling overwhelmed her.
 

Sadness pierced through her heart again. She tried to swallow back her tears and be strong.

 

“Is he gone? Why didn’t he tell me?” Minyoung asked herself.

 

“Hyung was sent back to our kingdom. I’m the new angle here to take over him,” Sehun said.

 

“Why?” Minyoung questioned.

 

“Do you really not know why? Hyung is in love with you and he will be dead if he still continued to be with you 24/7. You human ! Why do we have to help you people? Great, now hyung is back to our kingdom and I hope that he will forget about you,” Sehun said.

 

“Anyway two more months and our mission to help you will be over. I don’t wish to see human again!” Sehun continued angrily.

 

“Dead? Why is he going to die if he loves me? There’s nothing wrong.” Minyoung exclaimed hoping that Tao was alright.

 

“Do you know we have our own rules in our Kingdom? We were not allowed to fall in love with human. Our iris will firstly turn pink when we crush on someone and then the color would become darker if that angel fell head over heels for another one. Didn’t you realized that hyung’s iris is turning from pink to pinkish red recently? If it turns violet then he will die within 30 days. It was all your fault. Humans’ fault!” Sehun said almost losing his mind at the thought of losing his hyung.

 

“But..” Minyoung wanted to continue but was only stopped by Sehun.

 

“No but.. I will just finish the job for my hyung and that’s all between us!” Sehun demanded and left the house, leaving only red powder behind.

 

Minyoung was totally dumbfounded and she could not get a hold of this situation. She thought if Tao was around she would not be so stressful. She could not do anything but only prayed hard for Tao to forget her.

  

The last two month Minyoung was accompanied by Sehun. The feeling was completely different. She felt less comfortable around Sehun. She thought that her relationship with Sehun was really just like ‘angle helping their target’. She felt like Sehun was just trying to complete the said mission. It was not Sehun’s fault. Moreover, Sehun hated human from the beginning.

 

Sehun take over his hyung’s job on to help Minyoung on her studies to help her to get good results. Sehun would always make an effort to answer everything slowly and patiently until Minyoung got it. However, the feeling was not better than when Tao explained to her. Even if Tao just explained everything quickly she still thought that Tao’s teaching method felt more familiar.

 

During the last two months with Sehun, Minyoung started to realize that how much she missed Tao. She realized how much she was used to Tao’s existence. Sehun was not as strict as Tao and he would not bicker with her. She started to miss the fun with Tao and the time when they were bickering everyday. She even started to doubt about her love for Baekhyun.

 

“Here, today is the day. This is the dress hyung picked for you long ago. Wear it for the prom and forget about us after that,” Sehun said while handing the white mini dress over to Minyoung.

 

That dress really suited Minyoung’s character well. It was short at the level above her knees just like her, wild and crazy like that. It was a bit fluffy with those feathers and some glitter diamonds sewn onto the upper part of the dress just like her glittering eyes which always made Tao’s heart flutter. The skirt part was made with a few layer of silk as soft and smooth as Minyoung’s heart in which she would always treat Tao well and be sweet to him without even her trying. Overall, the white mini dress just tells about Minyoung character, as pure and naive like this.   

 

Looking at the dress, tears could not help but to fall off from the edge of her eyes and dropped onto the collar of the dress. She was surprised to know that Tao actually studied her and know her so well. She had always thought that Tao was a cocky who did not know details about girls. She missed Tao more than ever.  

 

“Are you done yet?” Sehun knocked the door which disrupted Minyoung’s thoughts.

 

“Yes, give me a moment,” Minyoung took in a deep breath before speaking which slowly dissipated that ‘lump’ in that would cause her to cry.

 

Minyoung wiped off the tears on her face. She changed into the white mini dress and sat in front of the mirror trying to put on some makeup. As inexperience as Minyoung was, she took an extra hour for the makeup.

 

“Are you done yet?” Sehun asked again, starting to lose his patient.

 

“Yes, yes.” Minyoung opened the door.

 

“Wow.” Sehun was awed by her beauty.

 

As much as Sehun hated human begin, Minyoung still looked just like a goddess to him.

 

“Zitao’s art piece huh?” Minyoung said as she was reminded of that time when Tao was awed by her beauty in the salon.

 

“Of course, you’re just like an art piece made by my hyung. Whatever it is, you are going to be late for the prom,” Sehun urged Minyoung.

 

“Oh yeah! Can you teleport me there? Pweaseeeee?” Minyoung begged with aegyo.

 

“Fine, since it is the last time that I will see you today,” Sehun agreed.

 

Similarly, Sehun held Minyoung’s hand tightly when teleporting but it took a bit longer to reach the place than the last time when Tao did it. Through the ten seconds when teleporting with Sehun, Minyoung saw galaxy. It was beautiful. However, the beautiful galaxy throughout the ten seconds did not bit that one second with Tao. Yet again, Tao flashed upon her mind causing her heart to ache a little.

 

“Okay, since you are here already then I’m taking my leave. Good luck for your confession to Baekhyun. That’s the end between us angle and you human. Bye!” Sehun disappear leaving white smoke behind the moment he finishing speaking. 

 

As soon as Sehun left, Minyoung walked into the ballroom with confidence.

 

“Hey, Minyoung!” Eunji hugged Minyoung tightly at the moment she saw her.

 

“I miss you! You stuck with Tao so much that you’ve forgotten about us,” Eunji pouted together with Baekhyun beside her.

 

“So sorry, secret mission between Tao and me,” Minyoung replied.

 

“Dating?” Baekhyun asked enthusiastically.

 

“Oh my god, no!” Minyoung replied quickly afraid that Baekhyun will misunderstand.

 

“I’m just kidding. Chill a bit. Anyway where’s Tao?” Baekhyun asked.

 

“Who knows about him?” Minyoung acted like she did not even care a bit about Tao.

 

“Okay, then let’s go to play. There’s a lot fun here!” Baekhyun suggested.

 

Suddenly the light in the room was turned off with only some light shone onto a big empty space.

 

“Ladies and gentlemen. Now this is a chance to dance together with the person you like! Gentlemen, quickly take this chance to confess to the lady you like! Alternatively, ladies you can do it too!” The MC said while encouraging everyone to confess to their crush.

 

“May I?” Baekhyun stretched out his hands towards Eunji before Minyoung could even ask him.

 

To be honest, Minyoung did not felt a single sadness built inside her. Instead, Minyoung just walked towards her sit watching those couples dancing on the dance floor quietly. Soothing and soft music played in the background which caused Minyoung to enjoy herself to the fullest. Just then images of Tao flooded her mind again.

 

‘No, no, no. That’s not the way Kim Minyoung!’ Minyoung slapped herself softly.

 

Meanwhile the music stopped and the lights were on.

 

“Ahem, allow me to say some words,” Baekhyun had already taken over the mic when Minyoung was busy thinking of Tao.

 

“There’s one girl who I knew since elementary school. She was just like my best friend. She was always with me whenever I go. I can’t remember a day that I was not with her. I’m used to her existence. I think I’m so used to it that I might die if I did not see her for even a day. I’m such an idiot to not tell her my feelings earlier which caused her to be hurt by other men way before me. I’m sorry, Eunji. I promise to protect you and not hurt you if we are together. Eunji, remember you told me to wait? I’ve waited and now it’s the day you said that you will give me an answer. Time had not washed away my will to be with you, instead, it made me love you even more. I love you. Here, I confess to you once again. Will you be mine?” Baekhyun made a long speech and confessed to Eunji once again.   

 

Everyone’s attention turned to Eunji.

 

“Say yes, say yes!” the crowd encouraged.

 

“Yah, Byun Baekhyun!” Eunji said feeling all shy and flustered.

 

“Eunji, will you be mine?” Baekhyun asked once again totally ignoring the blushing Eunji.

 

“Not until if you come down from the stage,” Eunji said which also mean that she had agreed to Baekhyun’s confession.

 

“Yay! Finally! I love you!” Baekhyun rushed down from the stage towards Eunji.

 

He hugged her tightly and raised her up slightly while spinning round and round with smiles on their faces and laughter filling the room. The crowd clapped and cheered for the both of them. Surprisingly, Minyoung who was watching from afar was also clapping and smiling happily for her two ‘buddies’.

 

Minyoung felt happy for Eunji from the bottom of her heart. Not even a single drop of jealousy or anger stained her happiness at the moment. Just like this, her confession for Baekhyun had also come to the end. In fact, she even forgot the reason for her to be in the prom that night.  

 

After the prom night, everyone got a bit tipsy as they had a several shots of wine and beer throughout the session. Soon after the three of them exited the ballroom they parted their ways.

 

“I’ll go this way,” Minyoung pointed to the right.

 

“Are you sure that you are going back alone?” Eunji asked in concern.

 

“Yessssssssssss, stop being naggy. You go that way with Baekhyun. Congratulations! Be happy ok with him okay? You too, Byun Baekhyun, you better treat her well,” Minyoung warned.

 

“Of course, I don’t need any reminder.” Baekhyun replied while clinging onto Eunji extra closer.

 

“In that case, I’ll go first. Bye!” Minyoung waved and left.

 

Minyoung walked alone through the quiet streets and roads. Unknowingly, all the places that she walked past had memories shared together with Tao. She walked along a road which reminded her of the time when Tao changed her hair color and hairstyle teasingly. Smile faded in onto her face. As she continued to walk forward she reach the salon where Tao was first awed by here beauty. All the words and gesture Tao said and did that day was still craved vividly into her mind. Slowly, she reached the park where she hugged Tao tightly for the first time. Minyoung smiled and laughed at how silly they were. She sat down on the bench which was once shared by her and Tao.

 

“Huang Zitao, I miss you!” Minyoung said bitterly, knowing the fact that Tao is never coming back to her.

 

Tears rolled down her cheeks. She began sobbing while burying her head in between her knees. 



 

A/N:

Hoho, new chapter! Tao did not appear in this chapter. Do you guys miss him? He will be back real sooooooonn so please stay tune okay? Hope you enjoyed reading! ^^