Chapter 4

I'm Sorry I Can't Love You

 

“Run faster piggy!” Tao teased while cycling passed Minyoung.

 

“Hey run run run!” Tao yelled and clicked his fingers secretly while he was already at the far front away from Minyoung.  

 

Minyoung panted so hard that she was on her verge of giving up. “Woof, woof!” Sounds of dogs barking was heard when Minyoung started to slow down. She turned to look at those dogs only to realize that they were actually chasing over her.

 

“! Zitao!!! Save me!” Minyoung yelled across hoping for her message to reach Tao’s ear.

 

“Zitao!!!” Minyoung continued to cry for help.

 

She ran as fast as she could for her life. She ran like a mad person which obviously would not happen normally. She ran without feeling tired. The only thing on her mind that moment was to run away from those dogs as fast as she could. Finally, after what felt like years of running she saw Tao who was already sitting down on a bench, waiting for her. The fact that those dogs were still after her caused her to run towards Tao quickly and hugged him tightly.

 

“Save me, save me!” Minyoung panted heavily while hiding her face on Tao’s neck.

 

“Haha!” Tao chuckled.

 

“Don’t laugh! Quick!” Minyoung peeked through the small distance within her face and Tao’s neck.

 

Embarrassment and anger overwhelmed Minyoung when she saw those dogs distinguished into the air before her.

 

“What the f..? You summoned those dogs didn’t you?” Minyoung sat a bit upright to face Tao while one of her arms still clinging onto his neck.

 

“Isn’t it obvious?” Tao said teasingly.

 

“Yah, you! Didn’t you know that I was going to die? I ran so fast that I nearly forget to breathe. You !” Minyoung slapped Tao’s chest hardly while panting heavily.

 

“Hey hey! Why blame me? See, you are already at the finishing point, didn’t you? If it wasn’t for those dogs you’ll probably stop halfway again,” Tao said.

 

“Whatever. You always got your point,” Minyoung pouted as she shifted to a comfortable position for herself.

 

“Whatever~” Zitao imitated her.

   

“Yah!” Minyoung slapped Tao’s shoulder playfully.

 

Morning exercise and healthy diet continue for about four month. Without notice, the two of them who would usually bicker around whenever they saw each already knew each other for four months. Slowly, Minyoung was getting used to the existence of Tao. Not only that, she was also used to the strict control and healthy diet Tao planned for her. Ever since Tao acted as a transferred students in Minyoung’s school they had been stuck together wherever they go. In other people’s eyes, their relationship was just like some cute couple who always bickered and stuck around with each other. Minyoung had spent so much time together with Tao that she rarely saw Baekhyun and Eunji anymore; expect during those lesson time.

 

Baekhuyn who always knew Minyoung’s heart for him also felt a sigh of relief. He had always been worried for the time that Minyoung would actually confess to him which would cause him to be speechless and lost his mind. Baekhyun’s heart was always with Eunji but he would not want to hurt Minyoung at any cost as he had always treated Minyoung like his younger sister. Seeing Minyoung and Tao sticking together all-day-long made him thought that they were dating and so he decided to stay away from Minyoung to prevent any misunderstanding.   

 

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 

 

“Wow, Minyoung. You sure lost some weight! Look your muscle looked more tone up and you jaw-line is more obvious. You look pretty!” Baekhyun complimented which caused Minyoung’s heart to flutter.

 

‘Of course, pabo. Only if you know is for you.’ Minyoung thought.

 

“Yeah, I shed 18kg in like four month! Thanks to someone,” Minyoung said while eyeing to Tao’s direction.

 

“Good for you. Keep it up!” Baekhyun said and left the classroom.  

 

Baekhyun never knew that those little words of his boosted Minyoung’s confidence by quite a number.

 

“So how does it feel to be compliment by your crush? Feels good huh?” Tao asked.

 

“Yes, of course. Thanks anyway,” Minyoung thanked Tao for the first time.

 

“Save it for later. We are not done yet. Hmm.. Now that you had become slimmer then the next thing we should aim for are you appearance. Look at your hair. What kind of grass-liked hair do you have? I can’t even stand another second looking at it,” Tao teased but deep down in his heart he knew that he did not even care about how Minyoung looked. In fact he was already used to the way of how Minyoung looked like.

 

“What?” Minyoung said while touching her dry hair.

 

“You, me, the salon after school today.” Tao instructed and left.

 

“Blehhhh!” Minyoung said while making weird faces at Tao’s back who had walked far away.

 

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 

 

“Why is she always with our Tao? She is so ugly. Tao should stick with pretty girls like us,” one of the queenka said.  

 

“Yes, I totally agree. Because of her, Tao do not even lay his eyes on us. I don’t understand,” another queenka said.        

 

“Girls, I think we should do something. Tao should be ours! We even made a vow to make him ours since the first day when he step into the class!” queenka no.1 said.

 

“Yes!” the rest of the queenkas agreed.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

“So Mr. Huang what hairstyle and color should we get? I’m excited,” Minyoung said while running towards Tao who was leading the way (as usual). This time she even linked her arms together with his naturally.

 

“Maybe this style,” Tao said and clicked his fingers.

 

“This? What?” Minyoung asked cutely and touches her head only to realize there was nothing.

 

“Oh my god, oh my god. Zitao give me back my hair. .” Minyoung cried and begged.

 

“Oh or maybe this hair color,” Tao clicked his fingers again giving Minyoung’s her hair back but turn the color into dirty green.

 

“Thank god, my hair is back,” Minyoung felt a sigh of relief.

 

Minyoung only realized her hair color when they walked past a motorcycle. She saw her reflection at the small mirror stuck onto the motorcycle.

 

“No, no! Zitao! My hair color,” Minyoung cried wanting to hide her face badly.

 

“Let go of my arms then. Don’t touch me human!” Tao said with a serious facial expression.

 

“Okay, fine,” Minyoung let go of it quickly and went to check on her hair color again.

 

Fortunately, it was back to normal.

 

“Pissh! How cocky Mr. Huang!” Minyoung said.

 

Minyoung would never know that the serious facial expression was just an act from Tao to hide his true feelings. In fact the moment when Minyoung linked her arms with Tao he felt his heart skipped a beat like as if it was struck by lighting. Moreover, it was the first time that Minyoung initiated a skinship like this with him. Tao stood at the same spot where the motorcycle was for a short moment.

 

“YAH! Mr. Huang! FASTER!” Minyoung yelled across the road.

 

That voice totally caught Tao’s attention. Tao looked up immediately and saw a ‘small’ Minyoung at the far front.

 

‘How cute,’ Tao thought and smiled softly as his iris turned pink.

 

This is the first time his iris is pink. In the past there was only grey (tired), red (angry), blue (jealousy) and maybe yellow (when he thinks dirty). Pink, what was pink for? He was not even sure.  

 

“Yah you be quick!” Tao teleported to the far front from Minyoung.

 

“So unfair! Always teleporting everywhere and never once allowed me to do it with you. Pissh!” Minyoung shook her head and ran towards Tao. 

 

When they reached the salon Tao never even gave Minyoung a chance to choose her own hairstyle and color. He simply just left it for the stylist to do it.

 

“Her head is in your hand. Do a good job. Give her the style that best suits her,” Tao requested.

 

On the other hand Minyoung was pouting feeling a bit angry as Tao never let her decide on what was best for herself.

 

“Oh don’t pout, you look like a duck,” Tao teased when he saw her cute pouting face.

 

“Why don’t you let me choose? It’s my hair after all,” Minyoung voiced out her view.

 

“Simple, your taste ,” that was all Tao replied to her (teasingly).

 

“Pissh.. so cocky as always,” Minyoung rolled her eyes.

 

After what felt like a day, Minyoung hair was finally done. She got her long curly fringe turned into cute bangs. All of her grass-liked hair was straighten and cut short to about her shoulder length. Her black and dry hair had turned into soft brown hair with a few highlights. Her newly style hair framed her face features well. All of the details that were covered at first were shown. Upon looking at the Minyoung in front of him, Tao was awed by her beauty. Tao almost thought that she was one of the angles that came from the same kingdom as him. Just at that moment his iris was pink again.

 

“Hey. Hey!” Minyoung waved at the dumbfounded Tao.

 

“Oh, oh.. Uhh.. you look great,” Tao commented.

 

“Ohhhh.. look like someone is awestruck by my beauty,” Minyoung started to tease Tao as she rarely got her chance to.

 

“No. What are you talking about? You are just like the product I created ok? Moreover, you are change by me. I’m just satisfied with my art piece,” Tao denied.

 

“Pisshh.. Whatever. Too smart for nothing but bickering. Mehhh!” Minyoung stuck out her tongue and did weird faces again.

 

“Yah!” Tao said while smacking his palm onto Minyoung’s face lightly.

 

“Hmm.. look like there is still something you are lack of,” Tao inspected her from head to toe while circling around her.

 

“Outfits! All of your outfit if I did not remember wrongly. Tsk,” Tao sigh.

 

“Really? So we are going to a shopping spree today?” Minyoung asked while linking her arms with Tao’s again.

 

“You want your hair to be gone again? Or this times your shirt?” Tao threatened.

 

“ert,” Minyoung slapped Tao’s chest.

 

“We are doing it tomorrow. Show me your best outfit then,” Tao replied. 

 

As usual the day started and ended with the voice of the two bickering.