Chapter 3

I'm Sorry I Can't Love You

Lesson started in no time and everyone was focused. Periods had past and it was finally their recess break. While everyone rushed for their food Minyoung and Tao stayed in the class.

 

“Yah you! Why are you even here? And I thought that you would help me? Why is Eunji still remembering what happened yesterday? You liar!” Minyoung pulled Tao to a corner and attacked him with questions.

 

“Wow, chill. You human are really easily agitated. Listen, I’m here to change you, not turning back the time or washing away someone else’s memories. CHANGE you. You get it? I don’t want to repeat anymore,” Tao said with his arms crossed.    

 

“Help me? What’s there to do with being in my school?” Minyoung sent a death glare to Tao’s soul while doubting his words.

 

“You think I wanted to be in school? It’s my job to be 24/7 around you. I have to inspect you daily life and routine to be able to help you. CHANGE you. Get it?” Tao said while sticking out his index finger to poke onto Minyoung’s forehead.

 

“Yah stop doing that. I get it, get it. Tell me what to do then,” Minyoung swept away Tao‘s finger.

 

“Hmm..” Tao had his fingers rubbing his chin.

 

“Let us see..” Tao continued while walking around Minyoung and inspecting her from head to toes.

 

“What!” Minyoung started to get impatient.

 

“Be patient human! I got it! You sure got a lot to change from your attitude to your outfit and lastly to your chubby look.” Zitao finally got an idea of where should he start to change Minyoung.

 

“When is your graduation prom night?” Tao asked.

 

“November. Why?” Minyoung answered and questioned at the same time.

 

“OK! Seven months is all I need. After that I will not have to face you anymore!” Tao cheered for the thought that he would be leaving Minyoung as soon as November strikes.

 

“What? You think I want to see you? Angle like you is really..” Minyoung did not ever bother to continue.

 

“Whatever, let’s get it started today! Firstly I think you should shed some pounds. Those fats surely do not look good on you.” Tao suggested.

 

“Okay as you like. Now is recess time and I’m gonna eat. Mehrong!” Minyoung stuck out her tongue and fished out a lunchbox from her bag.

 

“Oh fried nuggets! Favorite!” Minyoung looked at her food enthusiastically and picked out a piece of nicely smelled nugget.

 

Just when the tip of the nugget reaches the edge of Minyoung’s lips it was taken away by Tao.

 

“Yah you! Give me back!” Minyoung started to chase after Tao around in the classroom.

 

“No. Not this kind of food if you want to be pretty ok?” Tao finished it off by munching of that piece of delicious nugget.

 

“Then what? I’m hungry,” Minyoung said softly.

 

“Here. Eat this,” Tao said.

 

Just in a blink of an eye the box of fried nuggets in front of Minyoung turned into strawberries.

 

“Fruits are all you need. It’s only ten in the morning and you want to eat fried food? No, no,” Tao continued.

 

“Come, here have one. Ahhh~” Tao requested Minyoung to open his mouth so that he could feed her.

 

Minyoung got no choice but to eat it reluctantly and sigh shortly after.

 

“I guess my hell starts here right?” Minyoung said with slight depression while pouting.

 

“Haha, we’ll see then,” Zitao said and raised his eyebrow. 

 

Luckily those strawberries were able to sustain the hunger inside Minyoung until the school ended. However once the bell rang Minyoung’s stomach started to growl again. It was so loud that Tao who was behind her could hear it. The hunger struck Minyoung like no tomorrow that it caused her to hug onto her stomach tightly hoping to compress the empty space in it.

 

“Ahh.. so hungry,” Minyoung whined.

 

“Hungry? Then let’s have Western food. Shall we?” Eunji who was beside her suggested.

 

“Minyoung ssi, can you show me around the school? Morever, I’m just a new transferred student here. I’m sorry, and I only know you name so can you please do me this favor? Come on let’s go,” Tao interrupted Minyoung’s word while dragging Minyoung out of her seat forcefully.

 

“Yahh my bag!” Minyoung attempted to scream but it was way too soft as she had almost no energy left.

 

Zitao then grabbed it for her in a swift pace. With another hand Zitao gripped onto Minyoung’s wrist. Instead of holding hands it was more like Tao was pulling Minyoung behind him. Tao walked at a fast pace which caused Minyoung who was behind him to be a bit breathless.

 

“Slo..slow down!” Minyoung said trying to catch her breath.

 

“What do you want? I’m sure showing you around the school was not your motive right?” Minyoung continued.

 

“Okay you see through me but you have to walk faster so that you can burn some fats,” Tao said.

 

“But..but I have no more energy. You are an angle right? Powerful enough to teleport me back to my house?” Minyoung asked while panting heavily.

 

“Yes, but I am not going to do that. Meh,” Tao teased.

 

However Tao’s heart soften by looking at the almost zero energy Minyoung.

 

“Ok fine. I won’t teleport you home but we can walk a little bit slower. Come on,” Tao gripped onto Minyoung’s wrist once again, allowing Minyoung to walk slowly behind him this time.  

 

“Yay! HOME! FOOD!” Minyoung exclaimed and rush towards to the doorsteps.

 

“Bread. Bread. I need some bread with blueberry jam. I’m so hungry.” Minyoung went straight to the kitchen counter as soon as they open the door.

 

Minyoung unwrap the bread and apply blueberry jam to it as fast as she can go.

 

“Eww, whole-wheat bread. I’m sure I did not buy this,” Minyoung got disgusted at the very first bite of the whole meal bread. She was confused for a second but her weak stare turned to a sharp piercing glare once again. 

 

“Huang Zitao!” She exclaimed.

 

“Hey, I’m trying to help okay? Be kind to me. Oh yes, and we have to walk back from school everyday starting from today!” Tao winked.

 

“HUH? What the f..?” Minyoung collapsed onto the floor hopelessly.

 

‘Guess this Tao is the death of me.’ Minyoung thought and sigh.

 

Situations like this continue until March end. Whenever Minyoung tried to eat unhealthy junk food it will turn into some organic and unpleasing looking food. Trust me, those foods Tao gave Minyoung never tasted good and the quantity was never enough for her. Furthermore there was also morning exercise every weekend. Of course, occasionally Tao will give her a break, sometimes even treating her with good food. After all, Tao was still a kind-hearted angle.   



 

A/N:

Hey guys, you might have notice that the ending and the starting point of each chapters are weird. Hmm.. This is because I already had a complete version of this story in my Microsoft Word document. I type this story without thinking of making it into chapters but it ended up being much more longer than just an one shot so yeah, I have to cut it into chapters at random parts. Now you also know why is some chapters shorter and the other are longer. Please pardon me and continue reading. I hope you guys would still enjoy reading my story.