[JIMIN X SEOLHYUN] Straight Line

AOA One-Shot Collection

Characters: Jimin, Seolhyun, Hyejeong, Chanmi

Genre: Romance

Word Count: 1221

Requested By: chaera_nf

By: HYOYEONzxc

A/N: I didn't proofread, sorry :(


 Seolhyun was brewing a cup of black coffee for Hyejeong who has a schedule to attend later. Hyejeong hasn’t been having good night’s sleep as she had been busy with Cream’s promotions. Seolhyun was genuinely worried about her health and hoped she could stay wide awake through the day hence the black coffee.

 

“Hyejeong unnie! Your coffee! Fighting for later! I’ll be watching Cream’s live stage.” Seolhyun sent a wink to Hyejeong but the taller girl only smiled. 

 

“Seolhyun-ah, are you ready?” Jimin hugged her crush Seolhyun from behind.

 

Yes, these three girls are in a very complicated relationship. 

 

Seolhyun likes Hyejeong, Jimin likes Seolhyun. 

 

However, Hyejeong has no feelings for Seolhyun at all. She has given her whole heart to her ex-girlfriend Yuna. Yes you heard it right. Hyejeong has been trying to win Yuna back but it was impossible. 

 

Seolhyun loves Hyejeong with all her heart. She helps her do things even when she is ultra busy herself. She cooks for her, she runs errands for her, she’s like a manager to Hyejeong.

 

Jimin loves Seolhyun ever since Miniskirt days. She was sure Seolhyun is the one she wants to be with for the rest of her life but Seolhyun doesn’t care about her. All Seolhyun cares about is Hyejeong, Hyejeong and still Hyejeong. But, Jimin isn’t the sort to give up this easily. She believes one day she will win Seolhyun’s heart over completely.

 

“Y-yeah…” Seolhyun looked at Hyejeong worriedly while she leaves for her schedule with Cream.

 

The duo are at Seolhyun’s favorite cafe and Seolhyun was busy thinking about Hyejeong, why was she so gloomy this morning? Did something happen the night before?

 

“Seolhyun! Do you remember the first time I confessed to you?” Jmiin asked, giving her a shy smile.

 

“Yeah… It’s at our dorm, my room?” Actually, Seolhyun kinda forgotten about it.

 

“No… It’s in the living room! I made a heart shape using rose petals on the floor, remember?” 

 

“Ah, I remember now…” Seolhyun lied, she doesn’t want the leader to be sad.

 

“If I confess to you again, will you be my girlfriend?” Jimin held Seolhyun’s hands tight.

 

“I’m sorry unnie… I really had no feelings for you, I don’t want to be lying about my own feelings, you get me?” Seolhyun said in the most apologetic tone she could give. She can’t deny Jimin has always been by her side. Whenever she’s happy, sad or pissed. Jimin’s always there. But her heart had been occupied by Hyejeong, she was sure. Or at least as of now.

 

“I don’t mind, really! We can build on our feelings for each other, no hurry, I’ll wait for you, no matter how long it takes for you to become my girlfriend, I will wait.” 

 

“I really can’t unnie! I love Hyejeong unnie! I love her with all my heart! My heart doesn’t have any space for you!” Seolhyun ran away after that and Jimin was hurt, yet again. Just that she never thought Seolhyun would say something so harsh. She felt bad that she forced Seolhyun into things like this again, she should never rush things.

 

Jimin headed home, and made a call to their manager that Seolhyun has ran away and that they should go look for her quickly. 

 

That’s how much Jimin loves Seolhyun. Though she hurt Jimin countless times, Jimin doesn’t mind at all. All she wanted was Seolhyun to be happy.

 

 

~★~★~★~

 

 

Seolhyun finally arrived home after having a relaxing time at the beach. She saw Hyejeong sitting on the couch reading a magazine.

 

“Hi, Hyejeong unnie.” Seolhyun smiled even though she was really tired.

 

“Hi.” Hyejeong looked up and then back to her magazine.

 

Seolhyun was upset at the fact that Hyejeong didn’t even ask why she was so late. She looked at the coffee table and saw Hyejeong’s cup filled with coffee.

 

“You’re drinking coffee at such a late timing? Aren’t you worried not being able to sleep later?” Seolhyun asked out of pure curiosity.

 

“Yuna made it for me, so it doesn’t matter.” Hyejeong took the cup and took a sip of the coffee.

 

“But you had coffee this morning too?” 

 

“This morning?”

 

“Yea, the one I made you.”

 

“Ah.. I gave it to Chanmi because she could barely stay awake.” 

 

Chanmi walked out from her room and saw them talking, she gave them a mere look and went to the kitchen to get a cup of water.

 

“I see.. You should go sleep unnie.” 

 

“Goodnight.” Hyejeong finished the coffee in one big gulp and headed to her room.

 

Seolhyun threw her body onto the couch and closed her eyes. She really shouldn’t feel sad. But here she is, feeling like all her heart strings were being pulled.

 

“Stupid people.” Chanmi sat next to Seolhyun and stared into space.

 

“What?” Seolhyun was beyond annoyed. She don’t need words she doesn’t need to hear now.

 

“I said, you three are stupid people.” Chanmi repeated herself.

 

“And how smart are you, maknae?” Seolhyun’s question was smothered in sarcasm.

 

“Don’t you think you, Jimin unnie and Hyejeong unnie are like standing in a straight line? Just turn around and you’ll find your happiness. It’s that simple.” Chanmi let out a sigh and went to her room, giving Seolhyun a little space. 

 

Chanmi had enough of seeing that love triangle. Seolhyun’s efforts aren’t going to pay off and so is Jimin’s, if none of them say anything to wake the three girls up.

 

“Just turn around and you’ll find your happiness… Chanmi is right.”

 

Seolhyun finally cleared her thoughts. She went to take a warm shower and entered into her dreamland within ten minutes.

 

 

~★~★~★~

 

 

Seolhyun was the first to wake up in the morning, followed by Jimin. All the girls except for Jimin had nothing scheduled today. Jimin had to go to the company to discuss her solo single concept.

 

“Good morning, Min.” Seolhyun said lovingly when she saw Jimin walking into the kitchen with her messy bedhair.

 

“Wait, what did you call me?” Jimin’s eyes widened when she heard Seolhyun talk to her in such a lively voice.

 

“From today onwards, I’ll stick to you 24/7! Be my girlfriend, Jimmy.” Damn Seolhyun, just how many nicknames do you have for Jimin?

 

“Am I hearing wrongly? I’m dreaming, I MUST BE DREAMING.” Jimin pinched herself hard on the arm, “OUCH. IT HURTS. I’M NOT DREAMING.” Jimin squished Seolhyun’s cheeks to make sure again if everything is real.

 

“You’re not dreaming, unnie. I came to my senses. I’m not going to let your efforts go down the drain. Give me a chance to make up for my mistakes.” Seolhyun pulled Jimin into a hug when she saw the shorter girl crying.

 

“Thank you so much Seolhyun.. I may not be a perfect girlfriend but I’ll be one that you can be proud of.” 

 

“I’ll be proud of you, no matter what.” Seolhyun sent a wink and wiped Jimin’s tears away.

 

“Actually, I’m really curious to why you changed your mind.” Jimin said, still feeling surprised.

 

“Chanmi said we’re stupid people because we look like we’re standing in a straight line. We’ll find happiness if we just turn around. I listened to her and turned around, and I saw you. I saw my happiness.” 

 

And finally, they’re now each other’s happiness.