[CHOA X SEOLHYUN] - More than strangers

AOA One-Shot Collection

Characters: [Main] Park Choa, Kim Seolhyun

Genre: Romance, comedy

Requested by: sooyeonjung

Word Count: 1754

 


 

Seolhyun and Choa – complete strangers at first but then they started hating on each other. Seolhyun is basically that typical young independent girl who doesn’t want to feed off her family therefore she worked in her parents’ company. Choa is a Team Leader in the same company but doesn’t know that Seolhyun and the CEO are related.

 

Seolhyun woke up a bit later today and was rushing the moment she woke up. She doesn’t want to be late on the first day of her work. She wore her black heels and ran out of the house.

 

“Ahjumma! I’ll be skipping breakfast!” Seolhyun shouted to the maid in their house.

 

Seolhyun was running too much that her heels broke. She had no choice but to take a cab to the company, but when she checked her bag, she realized one thing – she forgotten her wallet.

 

“Kim Seolhyun! Why don’t you just leave your brain at home too?!” Seolhyun hit herself on the head.

 

Seolhyun went around asking people for help but nobody offers a helping hand. She spotted a blonde haired girl who looks kind.

 

‘Maybe she would help me, who knows! Let’s try!’

 

“Hi, erm I really need your help right now.” Seolhyun said politely.

 

“Oh? How can I help you then?” The girl smiled.

 

“Look, my heels broke and I forgot my wallet. I hope you can lend me so money to take the cab.” Seolhyun showed her broken heels.

 

“What are you working as, kid?” The girl said calmly.

 

“Err… I’m an Office Lady working in a company?” Seolhyun showed a puzzled face.

 

“I suggest you to go to KBS, MBC or SBS to interview to be an actress. Your acting skills are great.” The blonde haired girl said sarcastically.

 

“What..? You think that I’m lying to you?!”

 

“Aren’t you?”

 

“Of course I’m not! Why will I lie to you?! Gosh you’re unbelievable.” Seolhyun sighed, “Okay, if you lend me money, I promise I’ll return it back to you. Just leave down your contact number.”

 

“Where are you going? See if it’s on the same route as the place I’m going.” The girl said.

 

“I’m going to Kim’s!” Seolhyun said.

 

“Oh… I’m going there as well. I’ll give you a lift then.” She smiled.

 

“Thank you so much!” Seolhyun bowed and followed the short girl.

 

They walked so much, passing by apartments, streets, shops. The shorter girl doesn’t seem tired but Seolhyun is almost out of breath already.

 

“E—excuse me…” Seolhyun stopped on her tracks.

 

“Yes?” The girl replied with a poker face while munching on her bread.

 

“May I know where your car is? We’ve been walking for so long already…” Seolhyun held her stomach and was busy catching her breath.

 

“Car? I don’t have a car. We’re walking to the place.” She said again in her poker face.

 

“You don’t have one?! You’re obviously pulling a prank on me aren’t you?!” Seolhyun finally exploded.

 

“Woah, watch what you’re saying. I didn’t say I have a car, did I? And you could’ve rejected my offer, can’t you?”

 

“I’m so ing done with you!” Seolhyun shouted and went off.

 

 

~*~*~

 

 

Seolhyun reached the company and headed to her dad’s office straight. It was an extremely hot weather outside and Seolhyun is still angry over the incident just now.

 

“UGH!” Seolhyun threw her handbag onto the floor.

 

“Aigoo, what happened, Seolie?” Her dad asked her sweetly.

 

“I met a looney on the way here! Guess what, Daddy. I broke my heels and I forgot to bring my wallet out. I asked for help but no one offers a helping hand. I asked a girl, she agreed to give me a lift here but she WALKED here, WALKED!” Seolhyun put an extra emphasis on the word “walked”.

 

“Hahaha. My poor Seolie. C’mon, drink this first. Your team leader will be here soon to orientate you around.” Seolhyun’s dad passed her a bottle of iced water.

 

“Good morning. I’m here to bring Ms Kim to familiarize herself with this place.” Seolhyun was using her phone and she found the voice very, very, very familiar.

 

She looked up and saw the girl who called her a liar and pulled a prank on her.

 

“YA! DON’T TELL ME YOU’RE THE TEAM LEADER?!”
“YA! DON’T TELL ME YOU’RE THE MS KIM?!”

 

“YES I AM!”
“YES I AM!”

 

They shouted at each other and Mr Kim laughed at them.

 

“Daddy! SHE is the looney I told you just now. I’m not going to follow her around. I want to switch team!” Seolhyun folded her arms angrily.

 

“Seol, be good. Ms Park is a very good leader. Her team always breaks the sales record. I believe you’ll benefit a lot if you’re under her. You’ll report to Ms Park Choa from tomorrow onwards.”

 

“UGH.”

 

Choa looked at Seolhyun from top to toe and realized she was barefooted. “Follow me then. I’ll orientate you around.” Choa said and left the office.

 

“This is my office; the one directly opposite mine is your table. Come in.” Choa opened the door to her office.

 

“This is the only extra pair of sneakers I have here. Take it if you don’t mind.” Choa left the sneakers on the floor and grabbed a can of drink from her mini fridge.

 

“Are you really lending me this?” Seolhyun asked again, afraid that Choa is teasing her again.

 

Choa rolled her eyes, “Yes.”

 

“T—thanks.” Seolhyun soften her gaze at Choa and wore the sneakers. She realized Choa isn’t that mean after all.

 

 

~*~*~

 

It’s lunch time, Seolhyun is at the lunch room. She opened the fridge and saw her favorite bottle of lemon juice. She took out and drank it all.

 

Choa walked into the lunchroom and almost went berserk when she saw Seolhyun drinking her lemon juice.

 

“YA! That’s my lemon juice!” Choa snatched her lemon juice back.

 

“Is there ‘Park Choa’ on the bottle?! Such a weird person.” Seolhyun rolled her eyes.

 

“I’m sorry to disappoint you, but can’t you see that my initials are on the bottle? Choa laughed sarcastically and showed Seolhyun the ‘CA’ she written on the bottle.

 

“Okay, fine. I’ll buy you another bottle okay? I really didn’t know it was yours.” Seolhyun apologized.

 

“Yeah, of course you can say that because you already drank half of the bottle.” Choa rolled her eyes and took the bottle to her office.

 

Seolhyun didn’t feel like eating because it was such a bad day for her. She went back to her table and saw Choa burying her head into the pile of work. The more she looks at Choa, the more she is falling in love with her. Although she knows she shouldn’t be.

 

‘You can’t fall in love with her! She is such a thrifty person, not your style Seol!’

 

 

~*~*~

 

 

A few weeks later, Seolhyun has familiarized herself with the staffs and her teammates. She fell in love with Choa, which she shouldn’t at all. To Seolhyun, Choa seems to be very cold to other people. Including her. She wonders how she will confess to the latter.

 

‘She is so beautiful…’

 

The phone rang and broke Seolhyun’s train of thoughts, ‘Ms Kim, please come into my office.’ Choa said and Seolhyun went to her office.

 

“Yes, Ms Park?” Seolhyun stand in front of Choa.

 

“You’ve broke your personal sales record again, good job.” Choa flashed a gentle smile, and Seolhyun loved it.

 

“Thank you.”  Seolhyun bowed shyly.

 

“I should be the one thanking you. After you joined us, our sales records are much higher than before.”  Choa smiled.

 

“Can I treat you to a meal then? For teaching me so much.” Seolhyun asked bravely.

 

“No thanks. I appreciate your well-intentioned courtesy.” Choa grabbed her handbag and went out of the office.

 

Seolhyun then noticed it’s time for them to knock off. She quickly grab her bag and follow Choa.

 

“Hi!” Seolhyun was panting hard.

 

“Hi.” Choa replied.

 

“You… Look very pretty, you should smile more.”
“Thank you.”
I heard you like chocolate lava cake with ice cream; I know a place with awesome pastries! S—should we go and try it out??”
“Hmm, alright then.”

 

With that, Seolhyun succeed in asking Choa out. Seolhyun is planning to ask Choa to be her girlfriend at their ‘date’ later.

 

They reached the café. Choa went to look for table for two and Seolhyun is at the counter ordering their dessert.

 

“Please put this in with the chocolate lava!” Seolhyun handed the waiter a small little thing she prepared for Choa.

 

“It’s here! Let’s eat!” Seolhyun said excitedly. She looked at Choa, the latter smiled back without saying a word.

 

Choa cut the cake into half and the chocolate lava started flowing out. She realized something small and shiny flowing out which doesn’t seem to be part of the cake. Choa looked at Seolhyun with a puzzled face.

 

“You…?” Choa was speechless.

 

“Yes, Park Choa.” Seolhyun took the ring and wiped it clean, “Will you be my girlfriend?”

 

“I… I’m not as perfect as you think, you know?” Choa said.

 

“Nobody is perfect.”

 

“I’m cold to everyone, even if you’re my girlfriend; I might be cold to you also.” Choa said again.

 

“I’ll break your coldness with my warm hugs and kisses.” Seolhyun said confidently and sincerely.

 

“I’m a very thrifty person; I might not buy you expensive things or bring you out for meals everytime.”

 

“Good, I love thrifty people. They don’t spend their money on useless things. I don’t need expensive things or expensive meals. Home cooked meals are the best for me.”

 

“I guess it’s fine to treat my girlfriend on our first date.” Choa wore the ring and took out her credit card and placed it on the table.

 

“Wait… What did you just say?” Seolhyun couldn’t believe what Choa just said.

 

“I said, it’s fine to treat my girlfriend on our first day. Take this and make payment.” Choa handed Seolhyun her credit card.

 

“OH MY GOD!” Seolhyun ran beside Choa and showered her with kisses all over her face.

 

“YA! My face is full of your saliva!” Choa laughed for the first time.

 

“Laugh more Choa, I love your smiles and your laughter.” Seolhyun looked into her girlfriend’s eyes.

 

“I promise, my laughter and smiles are only for you.”

 

“And I promise, you’re the only person I will love, forever and ever.”

 

They went in as colleagues, and came out as lovers.