Ch. 2

Taking A Chance

The next day Yuri and Tiffany decided to go to a park and walk around. Yuri was used to being around nature since she lived outside the city. Tiffany on the other hand, was used to being in a big metropolis. Yes, the city had small parks but it was nothing compared to this. The trees were tall, almost like they had some sort of nobility to them. She saw all different types of flowers in bloom with little butterflies flying back and forth between them. While pretty, the older woman kept her distance for they were still bugs. Yuri could do nothing but shake her head and laugh.

As they were about to leave, Tiffany decided that she wanted a memento of the occasion. Building up a little confidence she asked, “Yuri, can I take a picture of you by those hanging flowers?”

Chuckling to herself, Yuri answered, “It’s not every day that you find me around flowers but one shot wouldn’t hurt.”

Tiffany excitedly led Yuri to the flowers. She looked through her camera’s viewfinder and observed perfection. It was like the flowers were made to compliment Yuri. The woman in front of her had her thumbs in her pockets and grinned nonchalantly. At the same time, her subtle femininity shone through making her normally cool aura turn tranquil and warm. Happy with the picture Tiffany smiled. “All done,” she said.

“We better get going then. It’s a long way to get to my place. I have to pick up my truck at my friend’s place first,” said Yuri.

It was midday and the sun showed no mercy. Warnings for heat stress were issued and it was advised to stay indoors if possible. Unfortunately, the two had to travel on two hot trains and a bus. While Yuri was used to this sort of weather, Tiffany was not and the poor woman was suffering from it. All her energy felt drained and she began to feel warm to the touch, all signs of heat stress. Yuri decided that it would be best to stay at her closer friend’s place so Tiffany could recover.

“I’ll be okay, really Yuri. We don’t have to make a pit stop,” pleaded Tiffany.

“No. I can tell that the heat has got to you. We’d have to take another train before we get to where I parked my truck. I don’t want you to pass out, not that I’d mind carrying you around,” Yuri said with a playful wink.

Tiffany instantly blushed at the comment and relented. “Alright. How far is your friend’s place anyway,” she asked.

“Mmm…not that far from here actually. It’s about another 10 min walk so hang in there for me,” Yuri said with a smile before leading the two in the right direction.

The 10 minutes felt like an eternity to Tiffany and her body got even hotter. The luggage that she was dragging didn’t help her cause but she did her best to keep up with Yuri. After two flights of stairs they finally reached the apartment where the two women were met with a very bubbly shorter woman.

“Come on in. Our air conditioner broke so I’m sorry I can’t be of much help but you can sit here by the fan a while,” said the short woman.

“Thank you Sunny. I’ll take your bags to the spare room and bring you some water okay Tiffany,” said Yuri before she left.

Sunny returned to her computer and was typing away at some game while Tiffany struggled to regain some bodily function. The heat was still oppressive but it was better than being beat down by the sun’s rays. Yuri came back with the glass of water not long after and she plopped herself on the other woman’s bed. Apparently, Yuri and Sunny went to high school together and became good friends since then. Sunny now lives with her boyfriend but he was out until this evening.

The two long-time friends randomly chat as Tiffany tried to cool off by the fan when she suddenly heard something ruffling in the back. When she turned her head she saw Yuri taking off her shirt and wearing nothing but a sports bra underneath. Instantly Tiffany’s heart beat raced and she could feel her whole body turning red. She took the glass of water and chugged the rest of the contents in less than 30 seconds before inching closer to the fan.

“Fany, are you okay,” asked Yuri from the bed.

“Uh…yeah…I’m just really…hot…,” stumbled the woman on the floor as she purposely avoided looking back.

Yuri moved from the bed and kneeled next to Tiffany. Her hand touched Tiffany’s forehead and she whispered, “You’re so hot.”

“What,” asked Tiffany now getting hotter.

“Your forehead is hot. I think you should lie down in the other room. Come. I’ll bring you a cold towel to cool you off,” Yuri said as she stood up.

Yuri offered Tiffany her hand and helped the overheating woman off the ground. Tiffany couldn’t help but take a peek at Yuri’s hint of abs before looking to the side as they were led to the other room. The shorter woman placed herself on the couch and closed her eyes. Yuri came back with a cold towel and told her to keep it on her neck. It was a strange place for a cold towel but somehow it did the trick and Tiffany found herself dozing off.

In the middle of Tiffany going in and out of consciousness, she heard someone coming in. She could hear that it was a guy’s voice and assumed that was Sunny’s boyfriend coming home. The two started to talk in the background so Tiffany kept her eyes closed and concentrated back on sleeping. Suddenly she felt a hand on her forehead. The touch was really gentle and soft as if not to wake her and then the hand moved away. Just when Tiffany felt disappointed, fingertips lightly brushed her cheek. She felt the careful fingers push her hair behind her ear. Tiffany really wanted to open her eyes and let that person know she was awake but she pretended that she was still sleeping. After a few moments, the person went away and joined the conversation with the other two.

“Yuri…,” Tiffany thought as she opened her eyes.

 

 

 

 

A/N: So I have decided to update this fic every time I finish the next chapter so I'm always a chapter ahead. I'm estimating that this will be 6 chapters total. Updates will be sporadic because of this but hopefully the writing muse won't take too long.