Ch. 1

Taking A Chance

Memories replayed over and over in Tiffany’s mind. There was no turning back now. The plane had landed and now she was in an unfamiliar place. She collected her one carryon bag and exited the plane.

“Will I recognize her,” asked Tiffany to herself as she wandered towards the baggage claim section of the airport to meet her friend.  

This would be the first time that Tiffany would meet her friend in real life. The two started chatting a year and a half ago online about their common interest in a certain girl group. Tiffany of course was completely new to the fandom and her friend guided her around. Soon enough the two began to talk about things outside of their fandom and opened up more about each other’s lives. The two of them talking became a daily thing. For Tiffany, it felt weird not talking to the other for extended periods of time. It was then that she realized that she was slowly falling for her friend. She didn’t want to believe it at first because she had vowed never to be in a long distance relationship again after her first one ended sadly. However no matter how hard she tried to deny it, the feelings only became stronger. One day she told her friend the truth. Initially, it did cause a bit of a rift but the two once again came back together stronger than before.

“Tiffany,” asked a voice in behind her. The woman turned around and saw a woman with long dark hair, blue jeans, a dark tank top, with a short sleeved flannel button up shirt and duffle bag on her shoulder. She had the biggest smile on her face. It was absolutely breathtaking.

Tilting her head to the side Tiffany asked, “Is that you Yuri?”

With a nod, the taller woman quickly shortened the distance between the two and embraced Tiffany into a bear hug. Tiffany not used to the contact froze on the spot and immediately turned a deep shade of red. Yuri pulled away and playfully shook her head. “We need to work on that,” she said. “Come on let’s catch the bus so we can go downtown and hang out.”

“O..okay,” stuttered Tiffany as she followed Yuri outside the terminal.

The two entered the bus and went to the back row of seats. Yuri took the seat next to the window and propped her leg up on the seat in front of her. Tiffany sat next to her and placed her bag on the floor. As the bus was driving, the breeze coming through from the window danced in Yuri’s hair. Tiffany couldn’t help but stare at the woman next to her looking out the window. Her heart nearly stopped. There was something about Yuri that oozed confidence and coolness. Yuri would occasionally tell her stories about all the girls that she attracted while not even trying but seeing Yuri in person verified it. The pictures did not do Yuri justice. Yuri’s attractiveness was like gravity itself, once pulled in, there was no way to escape.  

As if feeling eyes burning her, Yuri turned around and grinned at Tiffany. “Like something you see,” she asked.

Caught, the older woman averted her gaze. She could hear her companion snickering. “The city…it looks nice. You know, taking in the sights, enjoying the view,” she said nervously.

“Sure thing Fany,” Yuri said patting the other girl’s thigh.

The two finally arrived downtown and walked about. Yuri would show places of interest while Tiffany quietly took in the scene. Everywhere they go Yuri would always catch Tiffany looking at her but when they made eye contact, the woman would shy away. It was really hard on Tiffany being that close to the person she adored the most on this planet. After grabbing a bite to eat, the two decided to get a hotel room for the night since it was too late for them to travel to Yuri’s place outside of town.

Once settled in the room, the two the television. Tiffany felt a little relived since Yuri was on the other bed. However, that feeling didn’t last long when Yuri got up and sat next to her. The younger woman stared at Tiffany watching her shy away once again. Yuri observed the other hide under a pillow.

“Fany, I know you are shy and all but you can’t keep doing this,” said Yuri with a sigh.

“I’m sorry. I’m really nervous right now,” Tiffany said as she lowered the pillow far enough to reveal her eyes.

“It’s okay. I’m just gonna have you get used to me. Come here. Lie down next to me,” said Yuri calmly as she lay down on her right side.

Hesitantly, Tiffany removed the pillow and lay down on her side next to Yuri with a gap between the two. When Yuri realized that Tiffany had complied, she reached back and took the girl’s arm and wrapped it around her waist. Yuri scooted herself backwards until their bodies touched and she made Tiffany hold her tighter.

“Y…Y…Yuri,” asked a stunned Tiffany.

“By the time this trip is over you’ll be totally used to me,” Yuri said gently still holding on to Tiffany’s arm.

Yuri was right. Before the night was over, Tiffany had voluntarily wrapped up Yuri in her arms as they watched tv together.  Sensing that her friend may still be nervous about sleeping together, Yuri opted out and slept on the other bed. What she didn’t know was that Tiffany was feeling withdrawals.

“I wish she didn’t sleep on the other bed. It was nerve wrecking yes, but having her in my arms felt right. She was so small yet warm. She fit right into me like a hand in a glove. I feel cold without her but how can I call out to her to come back. We just met. I wish I could be braver and tell her what I really want,” thought Tiffany to herself. With a sigh, she snuggled up with a pillow and drifted off to sleep thinking of Yuri.