Chapter 6 - Our little moment

The Switched Plan

“Jiminnie!!” An orange-haired boy waved Jimin excitedly.

Jimin looked at the handsome boy he was now approaching. They were now in a nearby public park. They promised to meet there to spend their weekend together.

“Hi!” Jimin smiled widely. He stood in front of the taller boy in an obvious happy face and a crescent eye-smile of his. Jimin looked at the boy before him and adore what’s on his sight. Taehyung was like someone who pop-up from an anime Jimin watched on his spare time. He got his orange hair well-combed. And his shirt, jacket, and jeans just fit him so damn perfectly.

“So, did you finally decide to answer my call?” Taehyung said sarcastically, but didn’t forget to grin after it.

Jimin recalled, the night he found Taehyung walked Jungkook home, he ran immediately after he heard Jungkook screamed Jimin’s name. He just ran fast toward his room and ignored his mom whom he passed in the living room. He didn’t really understand why he did that either. He even ignored all the messages and the calls. He sure that he saw Taehyung’s name flashed on his phone screen that night, obviously trying to call Jimin, while Jimin was only staring blankly at it.

Jimin smiled shyly, “Well, I didn’t know you were calling before.” Jimin lied and grinned. “Eng- so? What is your plan for today?” Jimin distracted Taehyung from not-answering-his-call topic.

Taehyung started to walked, “Nothing. Just want to enjoy this park, some walk, and maybe grabbing some ice cream?” Taehyung looked at the shorter boy on his left who also started to walk.

“Ice cream sounds nice.” Jimin jumped and smiled adorably.

Taehyung chuckled looking at the shorter boy next to him, “You’re so cute, Jiminnie.”

Jimin blushed by the praise.

 

 

Jungkook stared at his phone silently. He was sitting on a comfortable sofa in his cousin’s room at the moment. He read his conversation with Taehyung two days ago once again.

 

Taehyung: “I’m planning on spending next Sunday with you and Jimin. How does it sound? :)

Jungkook: “Sounds great. But I don’t think I could make it.”

Taehyung: “Oh too bad. Why?”

Jungkook: “I’ve promised my cousin to spend my weekend at his house. Because he will be home alone. I’m sorry.”

Taehyung: “I see. That’s ok.”

Jungkook: “Have you asked Jimin hyung?”

Taehyung: “About to.”

Jungkook: “Yeah, I think he would be free this weekend.”

Taehyung: “Too bad you couldn’t join us tho.”

 

Jungkook’s eyes still laid on his phone when he felt a touch on his shoulder. “Hey, you okay?” Jungkook looked at the person who spoke to him. It was his cousin, Junhong.

Jungkook didn’t realize that Junhong was entering the room. “I’m fine.” Jungkook smiled slightly and put his phone on the table in front of him. Jungkook wasn’t sure either. Why he suddenly thought too much about Taehyung and Jimin’s date. Wait. It wasn’t date. Taehyung and Jimin just hanging out. Spending their bright Sunday together, just the two of them. And everything might happen. Right, everything. What if Taehyung found out that Jimin has many charms hidden inside him? Jungkook brushed his weird thought. He didn’t think he got a right for worrying or getting jealous though. Jimin was the one who knew Taehyung from the matchmaker site in the first place. “Did you say you want to tell me something about your new dance project?” Jungkook gave his attention to Junhong who looked at him weirdly.

Junhong gave Jungkook one of the two cokes he held, while sitting down beside him. “It looks like that you have many things to tell instead.” He now sat next to Jungkook and looking at him concernly, “Come on tell me. We have all the day after all.” Junhong blinked his blinks, one of his cute habbit.

 

 

“Hyung, you said you miss Jimin. But instead of asking Jimin to go with you, you asked me randomly as the replacement. I’m hurt, hyung.” Hoseok touched his own chest to emphasize that he’s hurt.

“Hey, I’ll treat you, dude. Be chill.” Yoongi answered calmly to the younger who sat in front of him. He and Hoseok were now waiting for their order at a very familiar cafe. Yoongi invited Hoseok to have lunch with him at the cafe where Jimin brought him to several days ago.

“Do I look that cheap, hyung?” Hoseok protested, and crossed his arms. “I just really don’t get this. Why don’t you just ask him to have lunch with you if you miss him that much??” Hoseok glared at brunette-haired boy before him.

Yoongi looked back at the younger, muted, before he finally answered, “I asked him.” Yoongi spoke slowly, but Hoseok could hear it clearly.

“What??” Hoseok widened his eyes.

“Yeah, He said he couldn’t make it.” Yoongi said calmly, acted like he wasn’t too sad about that.

“O- I- I’m sorry. I didn’t know.” Hoseok didn’t really know how to react. “Did he say why?”

“Dating with that orange-head brat.” Yoongi decided to look at the window on his left, to avoid Hoseok’s pity gaze on him.

“I- I didn’t kn- You okay?” Hoseok held Yoongi’s hand on the table. Hoseok didn’t know what to say. He really believed that Yoongi would live his love-life smoothly. Yeah, when Yoongi told him he had a crush on Jimin—which Hoseok pretty sure he had seen that coming even before Yoongi told him—Hoseok immediately thought that Yoongi’s love story would surrounded with rainbows and butterflies. And that’s quite reasonable, he believed that Jimin had something too for Yoongi.  He’s really sure about that, GOSH! For the love-godmother sake! He had witnessed all the ‘different’ affections between those two. Hoseok started to doubt it himself, did he see wrongly all this time?

Yoongi turned to his best friend, and he just smiled in response. He didn’t feel ‘okay’ obviously. But he didn’t really want to say it out loud. He knew that Hoseok understand, because he could feel Hoseok squeezed his hand.

There’s a silence between them when suddenly from the side of his eyes, Yoongi could feel someone’s presence. He turned to look up at that someone. Hoseok looked at his friend and curiously turned to his friend’s sight. Hoseok found a handsome waiter standing still, being dumbfounded, with a tray in his hands. Hoseok spared a glance to the waiter’s name tag; ‘Seokjin’.

“I- I’m sorry for interrupting. I could come back later when you guys done.” It’s pretty stupid to say since Seokjin had their order on his hands, means he could just left them on the table and made himself a quick leave.

“No, it’s fine. We take them now.” Hoseok said friendly. He released Yoongi’s hand and made a room for their order.

Yoongi looked at the waiter who was putting their food and drink on the table. “Hey, I remember you.” Yoongi exclaimed.

Both Hoseok and Seokjin turned to look at Yoongi.

“Yeah, I remember. You’re the one who tried to ignore that ivory-haired boy who seemed had a crush on you. Weren’t you?” Yoongi said that quite loudly to his own sanity. He never been that bubbly before, so he also wondered why he did that.

Seokjin looked at Yoongi and thought for awhile. “Ah yea- I asked about him staring at me last time, right?” Seokjin smiled sourly. “You were here with your cute boyfriend, weren’t you?” Seokjin then turned to Hoseok, “Oh- sorry- or this is your boyfriend?”  Seokjin closed his mouth with his free hand and hugged the tray which was now empty with the other hand.

Hoseok chuckled, “No, I’m his best friend.” He smiled widely at the brown-haired waiter. “And unfortunately, that cute boy you’re talking about, is also his best friend.” He glanced at Yoongi while taking a big bite of his sandwich.

“Well, that’s kinda strange.” Seokjin frowned.

“And why do you think it’s strange?” Yoongi sipped his americano while still looking at the waiter.

Seokjin looked around. He made sure that all the customers were being served before answering, “I believe I saw the way you look at him. That warm gaze of yours could really mean one thing.” Seokjin looked at the two boys who were looking at each other now.

Hoseok swallowed the food quickly and asked, “What is it?” He looked at Seokjin curiously.

Seokjin paused and spoke again, “In love.” He smiled.

“Huh! Glad that I’m not the only one who think so.” Hoseok exclaimed.

Seokjin nodded, “I don’t know, but I think everyone would feel the same.”

“For your guys information, that cute boy’s mother also think the same.” Yoongi bit his sandwich.

“Mrs. Park? Really?” Hoseok widened his eyes.

Yoongi shrugged. “I also doubt that myself.” Yoongi said, chewing his food.

Hoseok looked at Yoongi in unreadable expression for awhile before turning to the handsome waiter who was still standing there. “What’s your name anyway? It seems like you’re about our age, right?”

“Kim Seokjin.” He smiled handsomely, “But everyone calls me Jin. I’m turning 20 soon.”

Hoseok smiled widely, “Jung Hoseok, and this is Min Yoongi. He’s 19. And I’ll also turn 19 this year.”

“So, I really wonder about that ivory-haired boy. Do you still ignore him?” Yoongi suddenly asked as that was crossing his mind.

“Pretty much.” Jin sure he would still have to talk to the boy when he was the only one who available to serve him. He’s a customer afterall. So he didn’t completely ignore him eventhough he really want to.

Yoongi sighed, “Being the one who is in that poor boy position, I think you should at least tell him on the face if you’re not interesting at all, and would never be.” Yoongi said, “One-sided love is hurt enough to still have to deal with that certain someone completely ignore you.” He added plainly.

“Wow- hyung.” Hoseok stared at Yoongi. He didn’t know exactly about the older’s feeling before. He now sure that it was hurt so much.

Jin looked at Yoongi and widened his eyes, he was also surprised with that words. Ding! Jin heard the bell chimed. He turned to the door and saw a couple entered the cafe. He then turned to Yoongi and Hoseok, “It’s nice to talk to you guys.” He smiled to Yoongi, “I- I would try to talk to him. Thank you.”

 

 

Jimin sat on a swing in the park. He and Taehyung just walked around the park and played with some kids they saw there. It’s late afternoon now. Jimin looked at Taehyung who approached him with two cones of ice cream in his hands.

Taehyung got closer and smiled widely. He gave one ice cream to Jimin when he was finally before the elder.

“Oh- chocolate. Thank you.” Jimin received the ice cream and smiled happily.

Taehyung then sat himself down on the other swing beside Jimin, “So, are you the only child, Jiminnie?” He continued their conversation which was delayed before.

“I am now.” Jimin his ice cream. “I supposed to have one younger brother. Two years younger than me. He died three days after being born.” Jimin said casually.

“Oh- sorry.” Taehyung saw the black-haired boy concernly.

“Don’t worry. It’s a really long time ago. And basically I don’t even know him.” Jimin grinned.

“Don’t you feel lonely?” Taehyung asked.

Jimin glanced at the boy beside him. “Not really- No.” Jimin smiled slightly. “I grow up in a very warm family. A warm environment. I have many friends. And some best of the best friends.” Jimin was thinking of his three best friends and smiled brightly.

“Ah yeah. Jungkook, Hoseok hyung, and Yoongi hyung.” Taehyung looked at Jimin.

Jimin nodded. “I’m so lucky to have them.” He put too much ice cream into his mouth, leaving some chocolate mess on the corner of his lips.

Taehyung wiped the corner of Jimin’s mouth softly and smiled. “Now you have me too, Jiminnie. Can I also be your best friend?” He asked and looked at he boy beside him expectantly.

Jimin widened his eyes. He was shocked by Taehyung’s sudden touch. Jimin stared at the handsome boy next to him. Jimin shook his head slowly to get his straight mind back. Jimin’s mind was wondering. Best friend? Was that what Taehyung expect from Jimin? Or was this just Taehyung’s first step? Jimin was not really think about it though, he loved to have another nice best friend, “Of course you can.” Jimin exclaimed and smiled his eye-smile.

 

 

 

Yoongi entered the dance club practice room. He saw his three friends just finished their practice as they now only standing, and Hoseok was talking something to them seriously. The three always stay longer to practice more after the other club members left.  The three boys looked at Yoongi and followed his move. Yoongi was approaching them. He stopped before them and looked at Hoseok. “I’ll wait for you at the gate.”

It’s not that Yoongi couldn’t just text Hoseok about that, he bothered himself to come to the practice room because he didn’t see Jimin yet today. Well, actually he didn’t see Jimin yet since their last meeting at the library. Jimin mostly stayed in his class with Jungkook in the break time. Also what had happened last weekend, Yoongi tried to ask Jimin to hangout and Jimin couldn’t make it. And surprisingly last Monday Jimin didn’t watch Yoongi’s weekly basketball match. Yoongi looked at the supporter bench to only find his backpack laying all alone. Well, eventhough now he wasn’t sure he want to see Jimin just yet, at least he believed that seeing that cute dancer would help him to sleep tonight.

“Ok.” Hoseok said.

Jimin looked at Yoongi, he felt that the burden on his chest he felt these few days was suddenly flying, and Jimin didn’t even know why. “Hi hyung.” Jimin smiled innocently at Yoongi. “Are you guys going home?” He asked as if he didn’t do something wrong. Fine, Jimin practically did nothing wrong.

“Yeah.” Yoongi (not really) looked at Jimin and nodded slightly. It made Jimin frowned.

Jungkook sensed something between those two. He wasn’t sure about it though.

“We actually will go to Yoongi hyung’s house to do another project.” Hoseok stated with his smiley face.

Jimin widened his eyes. “Can I come?” Jimin saw his two hyungs who looked at each other now, “The last time I asked, you guys didn’t let me.” Jimin pouted.

Hoseok laughed at Jimin cute act and embraced the younger’s shoulders, “Well, I get no problem with that actually.” Hoseok pinched Jimin’s cheek, “What do you think about this cute toddler coming with us, hyung?” Hoseok turned to look at Yoongi.

“Whatever.” Yoongi shrugged.

Jimin bounced happily, “Thank you, hyung!” He released himself from Hoseok’s embrace and clung on Yoongi’s arm, causing the elder’s heart beat a little faster for a moment.

Hoseok laughed. He then turned to Jungkook, “Are you coming with us?”

“Jungkook should get going for an R&B course after this, Hyung.” Jimin answered while turning to Jungkook.

Jungkook looked at the clock on the wall. “Yeah, Hyung. I should get going.” He turned to the three older men before him.

“Well, okay then. Let’s move.” Hoseok said.

The four then left the room with Yoongi’s right arm in Jimin’s embrace.

 

 

“Jiminnie, It’s been forever!” Yoongi’s mother hugged Jimin surprisingly tightly. “How are you doing, dear?”

Hoseok covered his mouth to hide his laugh.

“I’m totally great, Omonim.” Jimin grinned in Yoongi’s mother’s embrace.

Yoongi’s mother released Jimin and observed the cute boy’s face. “Oh it’s really been a while- I always ask Yoongi to--”

“Mom, I guess we’re going upstairs.” Yoongi cut his mother’s words and took Jimin by the wrist.

Jimin bowed slightly to Yoongi’s mother and simply followed the elder.

“Come on, Hoseok.” Yoongi said to the other boy there.

Hoseok bowed to Yoongi’s mother and followed Yoongi and Jimin.

“Okay, guys. I’ll call you when the dinner is ready.” Yoongi’s mother said while seeing the three boys’ back.

 

 

It was a quiet dark evening in the usual road Jungkook’s passing. He walked slowly to his home. He glanced at the handsome orange-haired person who was walking beside him.

“You didn’t need to walk me home actually.” Jungkook said slowly. It’s not that he wasn’t happy about it.

Taehyung looked at the younger, “I want to do it though.” He smiled.

Jungkook looked up at the dark night sky, “It looks like it’s about to rain.” Jungkook’s voice sounded worried.

“Don’t worry. The rain would only fall when I got home.” Taehyung grinned.

Jungkook smiled slightly. His mind was wondering about something, “How was last Sunday?” He actually had heard from Jimin what were they doing on Sunday. Jungkook even remembered the detail. But he still wanted to hear it from Taehyung himself.

“It was really fun.” Taehyung answered. “Jimin is a bright person.” He glanced at the male next to him. “And he’s a very nice friend.”

Jungkook stared at the road beneath his steps. He didn’t really has comment about that. He knew if someone got to know Jimin better, they would absolutely grow fonder to that chubby-cheeks boy. Jungkook didn’t know whether he should be happy for his best friend or he should be jealous for himself. So, he remained silent.

“But- I still think that it could be more fun, if  another someone I invited could join us.” Taehyung smiled sincerely. “Just so you know.”

Jungkook widened his eyes. He could feel his heart was beating faster. His face suddenly got warmer. Jungkook looked at the elder and tried to read what’s written on Taehyung’s face. It didn’t really inform anything though.

“We should hang out some time.” Taehyung looked at the dark-red haired boy and smiled handsomely.

Jungkook glanced at the other male and smiled.

 

 

Jin stared outside the window. There was only few customers that evening since it was starting to rain. He saw his friends were serving the customers there. A particular ivory-haired boy flashed on Jin’s mind. He suddenly realized that the boy didn’t come to the cafe for a while. It’s not that Jin wanted him to come or what, he just felt that it was odd the boy who was coming almost everyday, suddenly absent for a quite long time. Ding! The bell chimed. Jin looked at the door and saw an ivory-haired boy entering the cafe. The boy’s sweater was wet. Jin looked around and found that he’s the only one who was available to serve that boy. Jin thought about what Yoongi said several days ago. He sighed and approached the door.

“Good evening.” Jin greeted him with a forced wide smile. “Wh-” Jin was about to ask about his order when he got interupted.

“I was not really coming here. I was going straight home, but the rain is getting heavy. I- I’m sorry for bothering you again.” The ivory haired said slowly.

Jin was taken a back. He didn’t really understand. He looked at the boy before him who had a blatant guilty expression. “I- Wha-” Jin suddenly got interupted again.

“I was really really planning to not to bother you again. But yea- the unexpected rain- I’m sorry, okay?” The boy bit his lips. He shivered a little. Was it because of the cold?

Jin suddenly felt guilty. He avoided this boy mostly. It was not a secret that he even looked annoyed when he had to serve the boy all this time. Did Jin hurt the boy too much? “I- I was the one who should say sorry.” Jin said softly, looking at the slightly taller boy. “Hmm Jin. Kim seokjin.” He smiled sincerely.

The ivory-haired boy widened his eyes, he didn’t expect that from the ignorant beautiful person he was staring all this time. He thought for awhile before he finally answered, “Kim namjoon.” He smiled back handsomely, revealing his deep dimples.

 

 

Jimin got out from the bathroom wearing loose t-shirt and sweatpants belong to Yoongi. He looked at Yoongi who stood and leaned on the wall in front of the bathroom.

Yoongi saw the adorable Jimin in his clothes and blushed. “Your mother called, I picked it up and said that you’re sleeping over.” Yoongi had to raised his voice a little since it was raining really heavily outside.

Yoongi’s mother insisted the cute boy to sleep over because it was too late and was raining heavily when Jimin wanted to go home that evening. She actually also asked Hoseok to sleep over but the cheerful boy rejected her politely since he’s living only two blocks from Yoongi. So now, Jimin found himself was laying beside Yoongi in the elder’s quite spacious bed.

Jimin could hear that it was still raining outside. He saw Yoongi was laying on his side and back facing the younger. “Hyung?” Jimin spoke softly.

“Hmm.” Yoongi sounded lazy.

Yoongi didn’t hear any response from Jimin, so he turned his body and facing Jimin who was laying so close to him. Yoongi tried to control his way too fast heart beat. He saw the younger was smiling adorably in the dim light.

“We often did this back then.” Jimin said. “I miss this.” He looked at the elder’s fair face and could feel his heart skipped a beat.

Yoongi was silent for awhile, only looking at the smiling Jimin before him. He thought about something that quite bothering him. “How’s everything with Taehyung?” He asked finally.

“Ah yea- I was hanging out with him last Sunday.” Jimin smiled slightly. “It was really fun, Hyung. He’s really really a fun person to hang out with.” Jimin thought about that day.

Yoongi felt his heart dropped to his stomach. Why should he bear with this kind of uninvited feeling? It hurts too much and he didn’t like it. He then turned and back facing Jimin again.

Jimin frowned. “Hyung?”

“Go sleep.” Yoongi said plainly.

Jimin looked at Yoongi’s back. It somehow felt uncomfortable to be back-faced byYoongi. Jimin pulled Yoongi’s arm and make the elder laying on his own back and faced the ceiling instead. Jimin saw as the brunette boy beside him sighed and closed his eyes. “Good night, Hyung.” Jimin said slowly.

Yoongi didn’t really want to answer it since Jimin just hurt his feeling. But hey, Jimin didn’t intend to do that afterall. “Good night.” Yoongi muttered.

Jimin smiled, still staring at Yoongi. He then also closed his eyes and fell into a gentle slumber. Maybe Jimin really missed this.

 

 


 

 

Please tell me what you think~ ^^

There is Zelo as guest star here kkk~

Hmm I hate myself for taking too long in updating this. And I started this about a year ago, so their hair color is still depend on Boy in luv era >_<

I cannot promise that I would update fast since yeah, I'm being busy again with my work.

But, I would try my best, because I want to finish this as soon as possible, I mean, it's been a freaking year! T___T

So, fighting Army! fighting Bangtan!

I love you all~ and Thank you so much! <3