Chapter 5 - Just Yoongi hyung

The Switched Plan

Jimin couldn’t really understand what his teacher was talking about in front of the class. It was a very awkward atmosphere between him and Jungkook right now. Well, at least for Jimin. It was very awkward that Jimin couldn’t  stand it. He tapped his table slowly using the pen he was holding. He looked at the clock on the wall again and again. He planned to get out of the class as soon as possible when the bell rang. But as everyone knows, life always play hard with us. As more he wanted to, the time would goes by so freaking slow.

Jimin spared a glance to Jungkook who sat on his left. He could see that Jungkook’s eyes were directed in front of the class to the teacher and to the blackboard. Jimin saw that Jungkook was concentrating well studying. Just typical him in most of the classes. It seemed that only Jimin and his own unnecessary awkward feeling who was suffering from this situation.

Jimin was blatantly avoiding Jungkook all day. It was not Jimin being childish or what. He thought about the previous night accident a little too much. It was reasonable for Jimin to over think about it though.  He really thought that he was getting closer with Taehyung whom he knew from the matchmaker site about three weeks ago. They have chatted for a couple of weeks when they finally decided to meet. After the meeting, Jimin also believe that everything goes really well, even better than he expected. Taehyung, who in fact was a very nice and fun boy, texts Jimin sometimes for a simple “Hi”, and even calls right before Jimin went to bed. Well, not that often, but it was a good sign for Jimin right? Or did Jimin just simply know nothing about Taehyung, so he didn’t know that Taehyung was on that level of being nice to every person he just knew. Didn’t he? Well, the point is, he told every single thing to his very best friend, Jungkook. So it was obvious that Jungkook even know how many times Jimin’s heart was beating in a second when the shorter boy heard Taehyung’s deep voice on the phone. Then why would Jungkook hangout with Taehyung with those happy love birds’ faces behind him?

The classes that felt like forever had finally end. The bell, that Jimin thought would never ring, was finally rang. As what he had planned. He went out of the class as fast as the wind. When Jungkook turned to his side, he couldn’t find Jimin there. Really, this boy moved even faster than the wind. Jungkook’s eyes a little widened, he searched around. All his friends were still in the class but Jimin. When did he pack all his books which previously were on the table anyway?

 

 

Yoongi had done with his basketball practice with the club today. He looked at every part of the field and the supporter bench but he couldn’t find a particular cute boy anywhere. He saw Jungkook instead. It was very rare to see Jungkook watching him practicing basketball, especially with no companion. He usually came with Jimin, or with Hoseok, or with Jimin and Hoseok, or most of the times didn’t come at all.

Jungkook sat on one side of the bench which not too crowded by other supporters who came for their own favorite seniors. Yoongi approached Jungkook who seemed were looking around.

“What are you looking for?” Yoongi asked when he was in front of Jungkook.

“Jimin hyung- ehm- do you see him?” Jungkook while still scanning around.

“I didn’t meet him yet today.” Yoongi looked at the maknae in front of him, he looked confused. It’s another rare scene. “What happened?”

“Eng- nothing.” Jungkook bit his lips and suddenly got up. “Hyung, I need to go home now.” Jungkook slung his backpack on his right shoulder. “See you tomorrow.” He then left Yoongi immediately.

Yoongi looked at the younger’s back which got farther and farther. Why was everything felt so rare? It was also rare that Jimin didn’t sit there on the supporter bench to watch him. Jimin was not always pay attention on him though, he sometimes just simply sat there and read some online comic or played some game on his phone, but it always felt so good to be accompanied by someone. And luckily for Yoongi, that was someone whom he loves.

Yoongi took his phone from his bag and checked it, just in case there was an important message for him, and just in case it was from Jimin. He was not expecting too much since Jimin usually texted him when he couldn’t come for him. And he really wasn’t expecting too much since he really got a text message, and it was really from Jimin.

 

From: Jiminnie

Hyunggg~ :(

 

Just it? Yoongi stared at his phone. He felt like he could really hear Jimin’s whiny voice calling him when he read the message. He looked at the time he received that message. It was not long after the school ended, and not long before he started practicing. He then typed an answer.

 

To: Jiminnie

Where r u

 

He stared at his phone on his hand when he suddenly felt thirsty. “Damn I need water.” Yoongi took his bag on the supporter bench and then walked towards some taps at the back of the school building.

It was so quite there. Well, it was already late afternoon. Not many students went there at such hour. Yoongi walked slowly, without noise, towards a tap which was the closest. He was about to turn on the tap when he saw a shadow of a man came from the other side of the tap. He got goosebumps as a very natural reaction of seeing a shadow of a man, whom he couldn’t feel the presence, in such place at such hour. He walked slowly towards the other side of the tap to see what the hell was that, and surprisingly found a boy in his school uniform were sitting on the ground, under one of the taps, quitely. His face was sticked on his knees. Yoongi could only see his back view, but he could soon recognize him as he knew that boy so freaking well.

“Jiminnie?”

That curled-up boy looked up. “Oh hyung!”

“What the- wha-” Yoongi widened his eyes then raised his voice. “What on earth are you doing here you dumb kid?!?” Yoongi was too worried. Well that’s not without reason absolutely. That was almost dark, and what if he didn’t find him there? Could he be there for the rest of the night? Wouldn’t it be too cold outside for that little boy?? And what if he was being kidnapped because he was missunderstood as an elementary schooler??

Jimin grinned to Yoongi innocently. Really innocent that Yoongi want to hug him right away. But ofcourse he didn’t.

“Hyung-” Jimin smiled a little. “Are you done practicing?”

Yoongi sighed, “I am.” Yoongi answered still stood up while looking at the younger concernly.

Jimin took his backpack not too far from him and took something from it, “I brought this for you.” He handed a bottle of—what was that?

“What is it?” Yoongi took it from Jimin.

“It’s vitamin water. It’s good for you.” Jimin was still looking up at Yoongi, “Well they say so. I saw it on TV.” He grinned.

Yoongi opened the bottle and drank it in one shot.

“Uh- you must be so thirsty, aren’t you?”

Yoongi made a satisfied face after drinking it, “Let’s go find a better place to talk.” He looked at the boy under the tap.

“Library?” Jimin suggested.

“Let’s go.” Yoongi streched his hand to help the cute black-haired boy in front of him to stand up.

Jimin then stood up by the help of Yoongi.

 

 

As soon as they got into the library Yoongi sat himself down on the mattress and leaned on the wall. He took his phone from his bag and suddenly looked busy with it. Jimin still stood up there while looking at the brunette-haired hyung in front of him. He looked at Yoongi in a confused look. While still looking at his phone, Yoongi’s left hand suddenly tapped the mattress he was on slowly. It’s a sign for Jimin to sit beside him. Jimin saw it and then he sat down. Jimin made himself comfortable beside Yoongi. He sat on Yoongi’s left and didn’t try to make a little distance between them. He saw Yoongi’s phone and found out that Yoongi was texting his mom and telling her that he would be late tonight. Jimin unconsiously nodding because of that.

“You know you can tell me everything, right?” Yoongi opened the conversation while still busy with his phone.

Jimin kept silent. He sticked his sight on his knees, and took a very deep breath. Sigh...

It made Yoongi turned to look at Jimin. Yoongi hate to see Jimin upset. He didn’t want to force Jimin to talk though. He knew Jimin will talk if he really needed to.

“Talk whenever you’re ready.” Yoongi turned and looked at some chairs in front his sight. I will always be here, by your side, whenever you want to talk.

Jimin didn’t mind Yoongi to know his story of why he was upset, but he didn’t really want to talk about it right now. So, he was just kept silent. Yoongi used to be a very close friend of Jimin, not that he wasn’t Jimin’s close friend now. But since they met two other people that were now also their close friends, they changed every sharing into more general. They shared everything for four. Moreover Jimin got closer to Jungkook and Yoongi got closer to Hoseok, it somehow made a little invisible distance between Jimin and Yoongi. Jimin started to share everything with Jungkook, and so did Yoongi to Hoseok.

Jimin turned to Yoongi. The dim light made Jimin couldn’t see him clearly. But it’s clear enough to recognize Yoongi’s face. Yoongi in his white t-shirt that fit his body so well. There are some sweat on the tip of his bangs. Yoongi’s lazy eyes were looking in front. He didn’t realize that he looked at Yoongi a little too long. Yoongi suddenly turned to him. Now those lazy eyes were looking exactly at Jimin’s eyes which still looking. Just two seconds later, Jimin’s heart skipped a beat before it suddenly beat faster. He blinked and turned everywhere but Yoongi. The younger boy suddenly got up.

“Hyung, I need to go home.” He talked to Yoongi without looking at him.

Yoongi looked up to him. “Wha- now?”

“Yes hyung.” Jimin decided to not to look at Yoongi. “See you tomorrow.” He then walked a little too fast.

Yoongi was still looking blankly at the door which left opened when suddenly a familiar figure entered the room.

“Yoongi hyung? What are you doing here?” Hoseok still in his school uniform.

“Nothing. I’m waiting for you.” Yoongi too lazy to explain anything to Hoseok right now.

“Really? But I’ve told you not to wait for me, haven’t I?” Hoseok felt guilty.

Yoongi smiled widely, “That’s okay, dude. I was with Jimin just now.” He got up and walked to Hoseok.

“Haisssh I thought you were alone.” Hoseok understood that jimined-face of Yoongi. He always looked happy when he talked about that cutie.

Yoongi embraced Hoseok’s shoulder, “Let’s go home.”

“Oh wait.” Hoseok took a thick book from the table beside them. “I came here for this.” He then saw Yoongi, in a questioned look, “Ah hyung you’re smiling too wide. Something just happened right?”

Yoongi just smiled, wider. “Let’s go home.”

 

 

Jimin didn’t really know what was that. What was happened just now? He thought about that on his way going home. That was just so weird. He didn’t want to think about it for now though. That was too many things to think about already.

He was now in front of his house. He sighed and opened the front door. “I’m home.” He said slowly.

“Ah finally you’re home.” Jimin’s mom soon greeted his son. “Jungkook is waiting for you upstairs. After this, ask him to go down and have dinner with us.”

“What?!” He soon ran to his room upstairs.

Jimin pushed the door as soon as he got his room. It startled Jungkook who was sitting quietly on the carpet. He looked at the elder in his usual shocked-face.

“What are you doing here, maknae?” Jimin closed the door behind him. Slowly.

“Hyung... You are avoiding me...” Jungkook spoke immediately. It sounded too sad. He didn’t intended to. He also didn’t know that his voice would sound that sad. Well, Jimin was his best friend, He spent most of his time with Jimin. They never really got into a serious fight before. They only fight for unnecessary childish things and would make up in several minutes. So it was killing Jungkook that Jimin acted like that to him. He didn’t reply his messages and didn’t answer his call since last night. He even didn’t give Jungkook a single glare when they were at school today. So it made sense that he was also suffering.

Jimin startled. He didn’t expect Jungkook would say that to the point, in that suffered-voice. Jimin surely didn’t know that he hate to hear Jungkook sad. Jungkook was more than best friend for him. Jungkook was his younger brother. Jimin didn’t intended to make his beloved dongsaeng sad. Jimin was not that mad to Jungkook for hanging out with Taehyung. But Jungkook always listened to his story about Taehyung happily—yeah he at least looked happy from his face. He even gave him some advice. So he was surprised that Jungkook yesterday didn’t come for dance practice, and told Jimin he got some errand to do. What was the errand if he was found hanging out with Taehyung instead? Jimin sighed. He approached Jungkook, and sat in front of him.

Jungkook still looked at the older boy in his puppy-looked.

“What happened yesterday?” Jimin asked Jungkook.

Jungkook paused for awhile, “You know I took an R&B course since last month, right?” Jungkook asked Jimin. He continued when he saw Jimin nodded. “There is a new student two days ago, and it happened to be Taehyung hyung.” Jungkook saw Jimin’s expression changed a little, but he continued. “So, as I am the only person he knew, he talked to me more than with anyone else there. And I- ehm he is interesting.” Jungkook looked at Jimin cautiously, “And yesterday was an accident, for real. We met at convenient store, he helped me with my things. And I don’t know why he wanted to walk me home.”

“He is interesting?” It seemed that those were the only words which Jimin could catch clearly.

“Yeah, hyung. I’m so sorry.” Jungkook stared at Jimin, “But I think I like him too.” Jungkook said it clear enough for Jimin to understand that his beloved best buddy also interested in dating Taehyung.

Jimin widened his eyes, and paused for awhile. He soon smiled to Jungkook, “You have grown up now, maknae.” He took a little deep breath, he didn’t want this Taehyung thing made him loose one of his best buddies. Jungkook is too precious to be lost. So, he didn’t plan to be too emotional about this. “I’m glad that you telling me this. At least I know that I should work harder because you are a strong opponent.” Jimin smiled, sincerely.

Jungkook mirrored it with his.

Just then Jimin felt his phone vibrating. Jimin checked his phone and found there is a notification for a new message. Jimin opened it right away.

 

From: Yoongi hyung

R u home

 

Jimin suddenly remembered what just happened in the library. Something that he couldn’t really understand. Why did his heart skip a beat for that gaze of Yoongi?  Why did his heart beat faster for that? Was his heart getting sick or something? He often slept too late these days. So it made sense. But why he loved that warm gaze laid on him? What’s the explanation for that?

Jimin happened to stare at his phone in his hand, and froze.

“Is that Taehyung hyung?” Jungkook asked curiously. He saw Jimin stayed still, “Hyung!?” He called once again.

Jimin startled and saw Jungkook, “Uh- no-” He turned to his phone again, “It is just Yoongi hyung. Yeah- it is just Yoongi hyung.” He looked at the younger before him and smiled weirdly.

 

 


 

Aaaaaaaa I'm back with a new chapter! :D WOW it's been forever~

I'm so happy but this chapter is totally a crap I'm sorry... I didn't even check it again before posting it x_x

The worst part is I forget how the story should turn... T___T mianhae~ saranghae~ yongseohae~

Hope I would be able to update soon~ before school started T___T

 

Ah our boys are getting more popular now I'm so proud.. It's JJOLLOOOO!!! #dope

Well, so See Ya!

Fighting Bangtan! Fighting Army!