Chapter 4 - Something we missed

The Switched Plan

They were gathering at Jimin’s room, sitting silently around the small table on the carpet. That was Jungkook’s idea of bringing Taehyung here since no one had a better plan.

Now, they were here. In the middle of a very awkward situation. No one had a plan to break the awkward silence that happened after their conversation along the street from their school to Jimin’s house. They had a simple introduction conversation before. And now, they seemed to have no other topic to be talked.

Yoongi even didn’t join the conversation at all. Now, he was even busy with his phone. Well, he made himself looked busy.

Suddenly, the door was opened. “Hi, guys.” Jimin’s mother entered the room and thankfully there was someone who finally broke the silence. She brought some beverages and snacks for them. She smiled to the boys. A beautiful eye-smiled was formed while she was smiling. Jimin surely got his eye-smile from his mother.

She approached the boys on the carpet. “Yoongi, Hoseok, it’s been a while. Are you guys that busy to not to be able to come by?” She stood on her knees and gave the beverages and snacks to Jimin and he helped his mother to put them on the table.

Yoongi smiled to her.

“Now, we are here, Omonim” Hoseok said cheerfully.

Jimin’s mother smiled and looked at Jimin’s friend one by one. When her eyes were laying on Taehyung, he greeted her right away. “Good afternoon, Omonim. Nice to meet you.” Taehyung gave a slight bow while sitting.

“Oh. Good afternoon. Nice to meet you.” Jimin’s mother also bowed. “And who is this handsome boy?”

Yoongi could not help himself to not to be jealous over Jimin’s mother compliment for Taehyung. Well, he got reason for that.

“He is a new friend of mine, Omma.” Jimin answered his mother.

“Yes, Omonim. My name is Taehyung.” Taehyung smiled really handsomely.

“Well, my son really is great in choosing friends, isn’t he?”

“You raised him well, Omonim.” Hoseok joked.

Jimin’s mother laughed. “Well, okay then, Guys. Continue everything you were doing. I’ll go downstairs.” She stood up and walked to the door.

“Thank you, Omonim.” The four guests of Jimin’s said that almost together.

“Now, I know where you got your friendly attitude.” Taehyung said while looked at the chubby-cheeks boy as Jimin’s mother left the room.

“Jimin hyung’s mother really is a nice person. She treats me really well, even better than she treats her own son.” Jungkook teased Jimin.

“What do you want, Maknae?” Jimin tickled the younger beside him on his stomach.

Jungkook laughed while preventing himself from Jimin. The other boys laughed looking at those two cute boys. Well, except one particular person.

“What’s so funny?” Yoongi got up and went out from the room, “I need some fresh air.” He said while walking out from the room.

The four boys paused and looked at each other.

“That’s okay, he said he just need some fresh air.” Hoseok said, mainly to Taehyung, because he didn’t want him to feel offended.

They then found themselves in a silent atmosphere once again.

“Hey, what about playing games?” Jimin got up and walked on his knees to his TV and press the power button. “Play station, everyone?” He handed two play-station sticks to his friends excitedly.

 

 

The boys were having a good time when they were playing the game. Well, only Jimin, Jungkook, Taehyung, and Hoseok who were having fun. They played it by turns. The boys had play for a couple of hours when Yoongi entered the room. He looked at the boys who were playing noisily. It was Taehyung and Jungkook who were playing, while Jimin supporting Taehyung and Hoseok supporting Jungkook from their sides. They were just so noisy that their laughter could explode the house. Yoongi was ignoring the four boys and took a comic book from Jimin’s bookshelf. He then laid on Jimin’s bed.

Yoongi was enjoying the comic book by himself, he chose not to be bothered with the noisy four boys in the room.  He felt a sudden weight on the bed. He lowered the comic book and found Jimin was sitting on the edge of the bed.

“Hyung? Are you okay?” Jimin asked concernedly.

“I’m fine, Jiminnie.” Yoongi answered him and gave a slight smile.

“No, you’re not. You are not showing off your skill in playing games.” Jimin didn’t believe him.

“I just giving you guys chance. You all just wouldn’t be able to win over me.” Yoongi’s words just so Yoongi. It makes Jimin’s smile.

“Well, I don’t think you can beat me.” Taehyung suddenly screamed.

Yoongi turned to look at Taehyung.

“I just won over these two people over here and got the highest score.” Taehyung continued proudly.

Jimin turned to look at Taehyung, “Wow, Taehyungie! Daebak!”

Taehyung smiled widely, “Thank you Jiminnie.” He got up and gave a proud bow. He gave a pose of pretending to calm the audiences down as if there were many audiences were applauding him.

Since when did they start to call each other like that? Yoongi wondered. “Well, let’s see.” Yoongi closed the comic book and got up.

He need to beat Taehyung and proved that he could win over him. Even though it’s just a game, he thought that it’s also about pride.

Yoongi approached the boys in front of the TV. He then sat himself down next to Taehyung and gave him a strong glare, “Let’s see, kid.”

 

It’s almost two hours now since Yoongi joined them to play. They played the game happily. Yoongi forgot that he was supposed to be not being friendly to the one that could be his rival over Jimin’s love. He even laughed with him and proudly showed the tricks to the four boys. They were really having a lot of fun, the five of them.

 

 

 

It was quite late now. Yoongi walked alone after Hoseok was reaching his house. It’s a very dark night as the moon was covered by invisible night clouds. His mind was recalling of what was happened today. He got some talks with Jimin’s mother when he was excusing himself to get some fresh air to the other boys.

 

Yoongi was going down stairs. He didn’t have a plan to be friend with Taehyung so he chose to leave the four boys who sounds very happy even without him.

“Oh, Yoongi.” Jimin’s mother saw him coming down. She was bringing some grocery bags that seem heavy.

“Let me help you, Omonim.” He approached her in a hurry and then took the bags.

“Thank you.” She smiled, “Let’s bring them to the kitchen.” She then led Yoongi to the kitchen.

“When did you buy all of these, Omonim?” Yoongi got curious because he believed that she just came out from Jimin’s room.

They were in the kitchen now. “Before you guys got here actually.” She smiled to Yoongi. “Now, I’ll make a delicious dinner for you all.” She took the bags from Yoongi and put them on the table.

“Oh, I would like to help then.” Yoongi smiled to her.

“Oh Yoongi. No, it’s okay. Why don’t you play with the boys instead?” She asked while took the groceries from the bag.

“I- I just don’t feel like to.” Yoongi bit his lips and grinned.

“Yoongi?” Jimin’s mother looked at him concernedly.

“Yes, Omonim?” Yoongi helped her in putting out the groceries.

“There was nothing wrong happened between you and Jimin, right?”

“What do you mean? I don’t understand.” Yoongi really didn’t understand.

“Well, you weren’t come by for a while, and yesterday and also the day before it, Jimin spent his time staring at his ceiling like it was the most beautiful scenery in the world.” She frowned.

“Eng- why do you think his weird action has something to do with me?” Yoongi didn’t know where this conversation was leading.

“Well, you two are together, aren’t you?” Jimin’s mother looked at him.

“What do you- WHAT???” Yoongi surprised by her question. “Like dating?”

“Oh, I’m wrong, aren’t I?” Jimin’s mother covered with her hand. “But you were so close to each other since middle school. And the way look at Jimin is so- I thought you two- Oh I’m sorry. I’m so sorry.”

“No- no, it’s okay, Ma’am.” Yoongi smiled, “It really is.”

 

Yoongi smiled while walking. He was very pleased by Jimin’s mother statement. Wasn’t that mean if he got an approval from Jimin’s mother? He smiled widely. All his confident was suddenly back.

 

 

 

Jimin moved his body as the music started. He danced freely, feeling the music and let the music flowing in his blood. He let the melody influencing his whole body. He moved his body beautifully. His brain could process the music he heard and turned it into a very beautiful move.

It was several days after their meeting with Taehyung. He was in the practice room now. It was a room where the students of the dance club usually used for practice. There was a wide mirror in the room. Jimin was not really alone in the room. Yoongi was staring at Jimin from the corner. Yoongi stared at Jimin and admired every move of his. He really loved to see this side of Jimin. When all the childish and cheerfulness turned into all y. It’s just so enticing. He really loved to watch Jimin’s dancing. It’s a very beautiful scene for him. He enjoyed every move, he enjoyed every second of it.

When Jimin stopped dancing, he could directly see Yoongi through the reflection. Jimin then sat himself down and leaned on the mirror. Yoongi soon approached Jimin and sat beside him. Yoongi looked at the younger and found Jimin smiled so brightly while panting. He was now back into the original Park Jimin. The original he that Yoongi also loved so badly. Yes, he loved every side of him.

“Where are Jungkook and Hoseok?” Yoongi asked Jimin after a comfortable silence between them.

Jimin turned to him. “Jungkook said he got something to do. And Hoseok hyung, I don’t know. Seems like student’s council business.”

Yoongi nodded.

“Ugh- Hyung. I’m so thirsty.” Jimin whined while touching his own neck.

“Don’t you bring anything to drink?” Yoongi suddenly felt guilt for not bringing anything for Jimin.

“I don’t.” Jimin pouted and looked at the elder.

“You are so weird. You always bring me drink.” Yoongi found the other was pouting beside him. Very cutely. “Let’s go.” Yoongi said suddenly.

“Where, Hyung?”

“I’ll buy you something to drink.” Yoongi got up.

“Wow. Daebak!” Jimin widened his eyes and got up. He then followed the elder like a happy lost puppy.

“I just don’t wanna see you die for dehydration here. I don’t think I would be able to lift your dead body alone.” Yoongi talked while walking. He turned to look at Jimin who smiled happily following his steps.

 

 

Yoongi looked around. “Why here?” Yoongi asked Jimin who was sitting beside him.

They were in a cafe where Jimin and Jungkook met Tahyung before. There were not many customers that afternoon.

“I wanna drink some hot chocolate, Hyung.” Jimin answered. “And I don’t wanna let the chance of being treated by you wasted by only buying water.” He smiled brightly and then looked at the familiar waiter approached them.

The waiter that Jimin knew named Seokjin was now beside their table. “This is your order, boys.” He smiled while putting the two cups of hot chocolate and two pair of waffles in front of them.

“Wow. Thank you, Seokjin-ssi. It looks delicious.” Jimin smiled to him.

“It’s a pleasure.” Seokjin smiled back. “Eng- anyway, Guys, tell me please. Is he still looking at me?” He suddenly asked the two clueless boys in front of him.

“Who?” Yoongi asked him directly.

“The boy with ivory hair.” Seokjin explained clear enough since there is only one particular ivory-haired boy in the cafe. And it made him so easy being noticed. He sat in a table not far from them. And the handsome waiter, Seokjin, was now standing up backward from the boy.

“Yup. So intensely.” Yoongi looked at the ivory-haired boy that obviously looked at their direction right now. He and Jimin, who was enjoying his waffle, also looked at him innocently.

“Oh no.” Seokjin covered his mouth with his hand. “Then, I’ll walk confidently to the counter and won’t give him a single stare.” He continued.

“Ehm- good idea?” Yoongi grinned awkwardly to the waiter.

“Okay, I’ll go now.” Seokjin spoke surely and nodded.

The two cute boys in front of him soon also nodded to him. Seokjin then really left them. He walked to the counter confidently and didn’t let himself to look at any other direction. The ivory-haired boy followed every beautiful move of his.

“He is so cute.” Jimin said after the waiter left.

“Yeah, and weird.” Yoongi chewed his waffle. Then the two of them laughed freely.

 

 

Yoongi and Jimin were still there for the next hour. They talked about anything which is needed to be talked. They talked about anything which isn’t needed to be talked. It’s been a while since they hang out together. Just the two of them. Yoongi surely missed a moment like this. The moment when he could have Jimin only for him. He missed the feeling of having Jimin’s time only for him. He missed the feeling of having Jimin’s attention only for him. He felt too happy to be disturbed with anything. Even with his own sudden question, “Do you really like Taehyung?” Yoongi now wanna shot himself for bringing up that topic. But he was so curious that he couldn’t handle himself to not to ask.

Jimin widened his eyes. Obviously he looked surprised. “Taehyung?” Jimin was silent for a moment. He didn’t understand himself. He completely forgot about Taehyung just now. And Yoongi suddenly asked him, does Jimin love Taehyung. “Ehm- He is nice. He is handsome. And He is funny. And he texts me sometimes. Ehm- yeah. I think I like him.” Yes, Jimin thought that he got enough reasons for liking Taehyung.

Yoongi didn’t have any dare of asking what kind of like that was meant by Jimin. He didn’t wanna feel being rejected even without him confessing. So, he thought that he would stop the topic of Taehyung till there.

 

 

 

It’s a late afternoon when Yoongi and Jimin arrived in front of Jimin’s house.

“Thank you for today, Hyung.” Jimin smiled sincerely.

“You are welcome.” Yoongi smiled back to younger. “Okay then. I’ll go home now.”

“Ehm- okay. See you tomorrow, Hyung.”

“See you.” Yoongi then left Jimin who still stood up in front of his door to saw Yoongi’s back got farther and farther. Jimin smiled unconsciously.

He was about to entered the house when he saw two people were walking from distance towards Jungkook’s house in front of his. He got curious and kept looking at the two figures approaching Jungkook’s house. The two seemed were talking happily to notice Jimin standing there. They got closer and closer to the house. Jimin looked at them until they close enough to be recognized. Jimin widened his eyes in a surprised when he found the two very familiar figures. “Jungkook?! Taehyung?!” He almost screamed.

The two boys meant by Jimin looked at him in also a very surprise look. “Jimin hyung?!” Jungkook widened his eyes.

 

 


 

Oh I don't know what is this...I really don't know what kind of chapter is this >///<

like usual, this was just happened while I was typing the story. I also don't know that was going to be happened.

Oh I just hope you all still enjoy this.

 

Let's give love to our dearest YoonMin and Bangtan Sonyeondan foreverrrr~ <3

Thank you~ and I love you all sooo much!! Thank you~