Chapter 3 - Game is not over

The Switched Plan

It was a common Monday afternoon. Yoongi was playing basketball with his friends from the basketball club of his school. It was a match between two groups that was divided by rock, paper and scissor. It was just a regular weekly game, but it was always catching many attentions from all the students, especially girls.

The game was about to end. Yoongi was concentrated dribbling the ball, avoiding the opponents, jumping, shooting the ball to the ring and goal! Soon a loud cheer could be heard from both the arena and the supporter bench. With that, Yoongi’s team won and the game was over. The players then bowed each other.

Yoongi placed his hands on his knees, He was panting coolly and made some fan girl of his screamed loudly. He then looked at the supporter bench. He could see Jimin was sitting alone, separating himself from some groups of girls who also watched the game. Yoongi approached Jimin and sat beside him. Jimin soon took a bottle of water from his bag and handed it to Yoongi. “This is your drink, Hyung.”

Yoongi took it from Jimin’s hand, then drank it some. He looked at the basketball field in front of him. Now, it seemed that it was the most interesting scene to be seen.

Jimin looked at Yoongi whose eyes laid on the field. “Hyung, how was yesterday?”

“Yesterday?” Yoongi still didn’t give a look to the black-haired boy beside him. “You are the one who had a date yesterday, I should ask you instead. How was yesterday?”

“Oh yeah right. Uhm it was fine. Taehyung was fine. He is nice. Uhm I think I like him.” Jimin smiled shyly.

“Good for you.” Yoongi had no more words. He sipped some water.

“Ehm- how about you, Hyung? Was it fun?” Jimin said carefully. “I mean- the movie was really good, but I just curious if there was something fun besides the movie.”

“Nothing. It was fine.” Yoongi told the truth, there was nothing fun happened yesterday. Yes, thinking and wondering of what was Jimin doing in his date was no fun at all.

Jimin nodded. He didn’t really satisfy with Yoongi’s answer though.

 

 

They then saw Hoseok was approaching them. “Hi, guys. How was the game?” He had his backpack with him already.

“Our Yoongi hyung is daebak like usual.” Jimin answered excitedly.

“As expected.” Hoseok was now in front of them. “So, should we work on the project now?” He gave a look at Yoongi.

“Okay.” Yoongi got up from the bench. He took his bag that placed behind Jimin.

“Where are you guys going?” Jimin asked in confusion.

“Yoongi hyung’s house, we got paired for a class project.” Hoseok answered with his usual smiley face.

“May I come?” Jimin asked unexpectedly. Yes, even he didn’t expect it.

“We are not going to play, kiddy.” Yoongi answered. He turned to (finally) looked at Jimin. Oh . Why in the world the boy in front of him looked so cute today?

“I won’t disturb. I promise.” Jimin got up and slung his backpack on his shoulder.

Hoseok smiled at him and tickled Jimin’s chin. “Oh our cutie Jiminnie, Yoongi hyung is right. We are not going to have fun.” He put Jimin in his embrace to walk together to the school gate. Jimin pouted but still followed Hoseok.

Yoongi sighed and walked behind his two best friends. Hoseok was always pampering Jimin too much.

 

 

 

It was 8pm. Jimin was laid on his bed. He stared at the white ceiling above him. Something was bothering his mind. But he was not sure about what exactly was bothering him.

Jimin didn’t realize there was someone entering his room. And that someone was now standing beside his bed, staring at Jimin.

“Hyung? What are you doing?” Jungkook who was suddenly appear in Jimin’s sight asked while looking at the elder confusedly.

“Geez!!” Jimin was surprised by Jungkook’s sudden appearance and fell down from the bed quite hard.  “Maknae!? You should knock before entering others’ room!” Jimin still sat on the floor while looked at Jungkook who was standing in front of him, still in his confused look.

“I have, Hyung.” He stretched his hands to help Jimin up. “Like thousand times.”

Jimin stood up by the help of Jungkook. Then he sat down on the only chair in his room, and faced Jungkook who was sitting on Jimin’s bed.

“What were you doing, hyung?” Jungkook asked the cute boy in front of him.

“I should be the one who asked, what are you doing here? Did we have an appointment?”

“Huh? Since when did I have to make an appointment before meeting you?” Jungkook looked at the small table beside Jimin’s bed, took Jimin’s phone and passed it for Jimin, “Besides, I have texted you. I said I’ll come to bring some chocolate cookies from my mom. And I’ve just given the cookies to your mother who said that you are acting weird.”

“Oh. I didn’t check my phone yet.” Jimin got up and took his phone from Jungkook. He opened his phone and found two messages. One of them is really from Jungkook. “Oh there is another message.” Jimin frowned, then he opened the message.

 

From: Taehyung

Yesterday was a nice meeting :)

I was wondering if I could know you and your friends better by meeting up again?

 

“Oh, Kookie. It’s from Taehyung. Look!” He sat beside the younger and showed his phone to him.

Jungkook looked at it. “Well, what do you think?”

“I think, that would be very great.” Jimin looked at the red-haired boy beside him and smiled widely.

“Then, say it to him.” Jungkook asked Jimin surely.

“Uhm okay.” Jimin typed something on his phone to reply Taehyung’s message.

Jungkook looked at his best friend who was seriously texting beside him. “Taehyung-ssi is a nice person, isn’t he?”

“He is. That’s why I’m so happy knowing him.” Jimin showed his eye-smiled.

Jungkook smiled to Jimin, “I’m happy for you, hyung.” Jungkook bit his lips. He was not really sure about what he just said.

 

 

 

Hoseok glanced at his friend beside him. It was Yoongi who was looked so serious in front of his computer, “It’s good that you be able to concentrate well.”

“What do you mean?” Yoongi gave a look to Hoseok.

“Our cute Park Jimin?” Hoseok brought up the topic.

“Forget about everything I’ve ever told you. Let’s just keep everything exactly how it is.” Yoongi turned back to his computer.

“Oh. I would not. I’m shipping you with him.”

“Whatever.” Yoongi still looked at his computer and did his work.

“I’m sure that he loves you back.” Hoseok said it carefully.

“He likes Taehyung. He told me.” Yoongi said it plain fully. Really. With no expression.

“He did??” Hoseok surprised. He paused for a while, “Oh I think you are right about this kid is stupid.”

Yoongi didn’t answer and busying himself with his almost done work.

“Well, ‘Like’ is different with ‘Love’.”

“That’s a very big opportunity of ’Like’ turning into ‘Love’.” Yoongi gave a strong look to his friend.

“But-”

“Shut the up. I don’t wanna talk about that kid right now.”

Hoseok took a deep breath.

Hoseok looked at the watch on Yoongi’s table. “Oh It’s getting late. I should go home.” It’s not an excuse though.

“Yeah, you better go home. I’ll continue the rest of it. It’s only finishing, right?”

“Oh really? Is it okay to finish it by yourself?”

“Yeah, sure. You don’t think I cannot do it, do you?”

“No, of course not.”

“Well, then go.”

Hoseok grinned widely. “Okay then.” Then he put his stuffs into his backpack. “See you tomorrow.”

 

 

 

It spent an hour for Yoongi to really finish everything. Now, he was lying on his bed. He couldn’t think about anything else except Jimin. He remembered how Jimin was when they were in the middle school. Jimin didn’t change much from the day he could remember.

 

 

“Yoongi-ssi. Hi.” Jimin handed a bottle of water for Yoongi.

Yoongi took it from Jimin. It was several days after their first meeting. “Why do you always watching me playing basketball?”

“Because you’re so cool.” Jimin sat himself down on a bench near the basketball field. “Why do you always play basketball alone?” Jimin’s eyes followed the elder’s move.

Yoongi then also sat on the bench, He sat beside Jimin. “I don’t like making friends.” Yoongi said it plainly. He didn’t have any intention of making anyone feel offended though.

Jimin looked at the other concernedly. “Uhm I like making friends.” He smiled.

“Yeah, I could see that.” Yoongi sipped the drink given by Jimin.

 

That was happened continuously. Jimin always watched Yoongi when he was playing basketball. He brought water on purpose for the elder. Yoongi was really a type of person that didn’t like to make friends. That’s why he was not joined to basketball club in his middle school and chose to play alone instead. However, he was never really preventing himself from Jimin. Well, why should he? Jimin didn’t look like a person that could give him any harm.

 

 

Yoongi was on his way to went home when a flock of boys who looked like high schoolers came to him, gathered, and stood around him. The sun was peeking from the west-sky, ready to set. There was no one except them, and there wouldn’t be anyone passing that road anytime soon.

“What do you want?” Yoongi asked them in his usual plain expression.

One of a person that seemed like to be the flock’s boss went forward. He was now in front of Yoongi “I’ve said that we’re not done with you, haven’t I?” The boy talked with a smirk with his two hands in his trousers’ pocket.

“I’m done with you.” Yoongi had no plan on changing neither his tone nor his expression.

“Don’t be so arrogant, Yoongi.” The boy said still in his evil smirk.

“Whatever. Now move. I have no time for any joke.” Yoongi stepped forward.

The boy stopped Yoongi by grabbing Yoongi’s right shoulder. “Oh no. That won’t be that easy.” He glanced at the one of the boy that was standing behind Yoongi and he soon came forward. That boy was much taller than Yoongi.

The tall boy grabbed Yoongi’s left hand and turned Yoongi to face him then immediately punched Yoongi right on his beautiful face. That was a very hard one, and was succeeded to make Yoongi fell to the ground. They soon chanted like crazy. Like, really crazy.

Yoongi tried to get up but he failed. He wiped a red-stain that came out from his nose. He stared at the boy who punched him with his very strong gaze. His brain started boiling.

 

“HEY YOU!! HAVING FUN ATTACKING ONE BOY WITH A BUNCH OF CHICKENS, HUH??” They suddenly heard a whiny voice screaming to them in a high pitch. They looked at the direction of the voice and found a short-cute boy standing in a I’m-ready-to-eat-you glare.

“What kind of joke is this?” The boy that should be the boss gave a sign to the other boys and soon the two of them came forward to attack Jimin. The first boy was bigger and had a scar on his forehead. The other one was not too big but he got some muscles.

“Wait! He has nothing to do with this!” Yoongi was still trying to get up and felt that his face was really going to explode.

“That’s okay, Yoongi-ssi. I have called the police.” Jimin got ready to take the attack from the boys approaching him.

“Oh nice try, little boy.” The boss gave his evil smirk. He was very sure that it was only made up by Jimin to make them leave.

Jimin stared at the boys that now were in front of him. The one with muscles soon gave a punch on his stomach before Jimin even blink. He could stand the punch. He was about to punch the boy when the bigger one grabbed his two hands. Jimin kicked him immediately, right on the other boy’s pride territory.

The big boy screamed not so manly and released Jimin’s hands. Jimin smiled proudly. The muscled-boy soon gave another punch on Jimin’s fatty-cheeks. It was really hard this time. Jimin fell down in a second.

“FREEZE!!” They looked at the voice direction and found some policemen were targeting them with their weapon. “Enough having fun, boys!”

“Oh .” That’s surely the last word that Jimin’s heard from the boss of the gang.

 

 

Jimin and Yoongi sat down on a wooden bench in front of the police station. They have given their statements as witnesses.

It was only silence. Staring at the quite park in front of them.

“Thank you.” Yoongi broke the silence.

“Not a problem.” Jimin smiled widely to Yoongi who was not smiling back.

“Why were you doing that? I mean, helping me. It could get you into a bigger trouble.” Yoongi asked to the cheerful boy beside him.

“Well, we are friends. Aren’t we? Yoongi-ssi?” Jimin still smiling and looked at the elder boy.

Yoongi turned to Jimin. He looked at the boy who never forget to smile. Yoongi was wondering what was so happy to be smiled about. There was a silence atmosphere between them before he finally say, “Call me ‘hyung’.”

 

 

And that night. Memories about Jimin once again brought him into a gentle slumber.

 

 

 

Classes were ended thirty minutes ago. But the boys still in their library. Well, since nobody came to that place except them, it can be said that it was their library.

“Hyung, I have something to say.” Jimin looked at Hoseok and Yoongi.

“What is it?” Hoseok asked curiously. He was sitting in front of Jimin while reading on a book that seemed to be found in that library.

Jungkook who was sitting not too far from Jimin gave a glance.

Yoongi who played with his phone on the matress soon also looked at Jimin.

“Taehyung wanna meet up again.” Jimin told them.

“So what?” Yoongi asked almost immediately.

“He wanna meet us all.”

“Oh really? Well, that’s going to be fun.” Hoseok answered wisely. “When?”

“Uhm- now?” Jimin grinned. “He just texted me, he said that he was already here, in front of the school gate.”

“! I should just kill him when I first saw him!” Yoongi suddenly screamed.

The others turned to looked at Yoongi almost together and found that Yoongi was looking at his phone. Yoongi looked at his three friends and realized that the others gave astonished looked for him. “What? I was talking to myself. I played a game and now it’s over.”

The others still looked at him in silence, somehow it felt awkward. “Look.” Yoongi showed his phone to his three friends in front of him, it was really shown on the screen: ‘GAME OVER’.

 

 

 


 

I'm so sorry. I'm so sorry. And I have no excuses. I'm just too lazy to update, maybe.

Ugh~ it's hard for me to write with my limited vocabularies. I wanna cryyy~ /sobs/

I'm so sorry. I hope you all will still looking forward to it and to the next chapter also.

And about this chapter, I don't know how it turned out to be like this. I didn't plan it, it's just happened.

 

Anyway, I just watched BTS AHL ep.3 and getting more in love with Park Jimin and his beautiful move.

Uhm and now I'm waiting for BTS comeback excitedly!! >///< because this is the first comeback since I knew BTS.

 

Thank you so much and love you all~ <3

BTS fighting! YoonMin fighting!