Chapter 1 - The switched plan

The Switched Plan

Yoongi queued up to buy two tickets for animated movie. Hoseok's advice for him to confess his feeling to Jimin kept replaying on his mind.

"Oh God! Why I bought these for sure? I don't even like animated movie!" Yoongi said to himself while looking at the two tickets he just bought. It is written there: Sunday, 18:20 - 20:20.

 

It started a week ago. When Yoongi, Jimin, Hoseok, and Jungkook were gathering at their favorite place in their school. It was once a library, and it is no longer operated since a more spacious library was made. Not many people came to that place since then. Well, no one except them. They used it for just spending their time together during class break or after school. It is not a big place. There is only one little book shelf at the corner, two big tables in the room with several desk around each, and an old mattress besides the book shelf.

“Hyung, look! There is a new animated movie playing on theatre!” Jimin said eagerly. He sat beside Yoongi who was lying on the mattress.

“Move that newspaper away from my face! I want to have some nap. Please just disturb Hoseok or Jungkook.” Yoongi said lazily while covering his face with a book.

“Hoseok Hyung, Jungkook ah, what do you say?” Jimin smiled and turned to look at their two friends who were doing their assignment on a table in front of him.

“I don’t know, Jimin ah. I will kinda busy all this week.” Hoseok answered and not be bothered to look at Jimin.

“It looks like it’s going to be awesome. The movie.” Jimin looked the newspaper once again then shaked Yoongi’s body slowly. “Hyung! Don’t sleep. Look!” He took the book which covering Yoongi’s face and kept showing the newspaper in front of Yoongi’s face.

“Ask Jungkook. It looks that he got enough peace there.” Yoongi took the book from Jimin’s hand and used it to cover his face again.

“Oh please, Hyung. Try to be his deskmate.” Jungkook gave a gaze to their two friends on the matress. “Jimin hyung. You better do your assignment instead of whining there.”

“Yes. And try to find some kids to watch that movie with you, kiddy.” Yoongi spoke still in his lying position.

“Haissh You guys ain’t no fun.” Jimin pouted cutely. “I really want to go.” He said softly and laid himself on the matress. He placed his head on Yoongi’s stomach. He did not realize his action caused the elder’s lips formed a smile.

 

“Oh great. Now my body is starting to do something without my brain’s permission.” Yoongi rubbed his brunette hair which not itches while walking out from the theatre building.

 

 

"What is that?" Hoseok entered the class and asked Yoongi who was looking at two pieces of paper on his right hand. Yoongi took a glance at his friend and did not answer.

The class has ended thirty minutes ago, but Yoongi still here, sitting on his seat. He waited for Hoseok who had a little meeting as he is a member of Student Council.

Yoongi and Hoseok are at the senior year now. In three months, they will graduate. Both of them have planned to go to a same university as they interested in a same major.

"Oh! It's two movie tickets!" Hoseok took it from Yoongi's hand and observed the tickets. "Wait! Is this animated movie? Do you really going to watch this? I believe it's Jimin's style, not yours." Hoseok looked at Yoongi who had no plan to answer. "Hmm I see. You want to ask Jimin to watch it with you, right?" Hoseok smiled and looked at his friend once again. "Oh finally! Our Yoongi hyung is going to confess!" Hoseok said and laughed.

"Ya! Ya! Stop it! I just really was getting irritated with this kid. He whines every single minute asking us to watch this movie together." Yoongi's cheeks got blushed. It can be seen easily on his fair skin.

"Yeah, I really believe." Hoseok smiled and observed the tickets again. "Oh look! It's for tomorrow! Then you should ask him now."

"Ask who?" Yoongi was still pretending.

"Oh please. Are you kidding me?"

Yoongi grinned widely. His gum was shown when he smiles. It was one of his charms that attract some girls. "Well, where is he now?"

"I bet he and Jungkook still in their classroom. They never get a rush to go home." Hoseok was sure.

"Hmm okay then. I will ask him now." Yoongi got up from his seat.

"Wait. Did you really plan to confess to him tomorrow?" Hoseok asked again.

"I'm not going to confess anything to anyone." Yoongi answered, not really sure about that either. He then paused. Yoongi was recalling Jimin on his mind. He thought of the day when he first met him.

 

It was four years ago. Yoongi was in his senior year of his middle school. He was playing basketball by himself when he realized there was a jet-black hair boy stood in the edge of the field. He stopped playing and went to the other side of the field to take his stuffs. The boy soon approached him.

“Hi, Senior-nim.” The boy bowed. “I’m sorry if I make you feel disturbed. You are just so awesome. I really want to be able to play basketball just like you.” The boy seems so eager.

“How long have you been watching?” Yoongi asked.

“Long enough to know that you are exhausted.” The boy soon looked for something in his backpack. “You may have this.” He handed a bottle of water to Yoongi. The boy looks so bright. He was always smile as he was the happiest person in the planet. He was a little bit shorter than Yoongi. Maybe about one centimeter only. Yes, one centimeter means a lot.

“Thank you.” He took the bottle from the boy. “What is your name?” Yoongi thought that he should be a bit kind to this boy.

“My name is Park Jimin.” He bowed and still smiled, showed the eye-smile he has. “What’s yours, Senior-nim?”

“It’s Yoongi. Min Yoongi.” He also bowed.

 

“Yoongi hyung?” Hoseok shaked his friend’s shoulder.

It made Yoongi’s mind stop recalling. "I ju- you know, we will graduate soon. I don't know whether I would be able to meet him often after this. I-"

Hoseok smiled, "Yes, I understand. Relax, brother." He patted his bestfriend's shoulder.

"Well, I guess I should really ask him now." Yoongi took the tickets from Hoseok's hand and put it in his trouser’s pocket.

 

 

Yoongi walked a little bit slower than usual. Hoseok walked behind him. He tried so hard to not to laugh seeing Yoongi's nervousness. Yoongi sometimes paused for a while to take a deep breath, then walked again. This is so fun to see for Hoseok who has been Yoongi's friend for almost three years. They met in front of the school gate on the first day of the school. They found out that they were in the same class, so they looked for their way to the classroom together. They were getting closer since that day.

Hoseok knows that Yoongi is not a typical person that getting nervous easily. So, this is the precious moment when he could see his best friend became very very nervous. And the most fun part is, the reason for his best friend’s nervousness is because of a certain clueless person that also one of Yoongi’s best friends, Park Jimin.

Finally, the two boys reached Jimin's classroom. They were standing in front of the door. Yoongi took a deep breath once again before finally opened the door. He entered the class and saw Jimin was hugging Jungkook tightly. "Aaa Kookie ah, even looks more handsome now." Jimin looked so happy while hugging Jungkook.

"What is happening here?" Yoongi asked immediately.

"Oh, Hyung!" Jimin turned to Yoongi. He released Jungkook and approached them happily.

 

 

20 minutes before.

 

''Yah! Hyung! What are you doing? Leave me alone!" Jungkook tried hard to escape from Jimin who hugged him tightly from the back.

They were in their classroom. It was only the two of them who still not leaving the class yet.

"You are so handsome and cute, Maknae." Jimin smiled and he still not releasing the younger.

Eventhough Jungkook was two years younger, he was on the same grade with Jimin as he skipped some grades because of his cleverness. Jimin and Jungkook are classmates now. Not to different with Yoongi and Hoseok, they became friends since their first day of the school. They became even closer to the fact that Jungkook was Jimin’s new neighbor that moved in front of Jimin’s house just a week before the school began.

"Okay, Hyung. I know. But, I cannot breathe." Jungkook looked at Jimin's face which emerged from his left side. "Are you trying to kill me?" His less-expression face still looked at the elder.

Jimin grinned and loosen his hands. Jungkook could finally turn and faced Jimin. "What do you want from me, Hyung?"

"Oh, God! Not only handsome, you're really smart too!" Jimin smiled widely while patting the younger's dark-red hair.

"Just tell me already, Hyung." Jungkook was being impatient with the shorter boy in front of him.

"Hmm I need someone to accompany me to meet up with a person." Jimin finally told him.

"And who is this person?"

"I didn't really know either." Jimin grinned.

"What do you mean?"

"You know three weeks ago I registered myself to a matchmaker site. Don't you?" Jimin could see his best friend nodded. Then he continued. "I've chat with this person for a couple of weeks, and now we decided to meet."

"Then meet him. Why should I go with you?" Jungkook spoke while putting his books in to his backpack.

"Oh. I don't want to go alone." Jimin pouted.

"No, Hyung. I'm afraid that your date will fall in love with me instead." He still rejecting.

"Haissh I'm not that bad, Maknae!" Jimin hit the younger's arm.

"Ouch!" Jungkook rubbed his arm. He then made a pretended-to-think pose. "Well okay, Hyung. If it would make me live my beatiful life in peace, I would go." Jungkook smiled handsomely and looked at the shorter.

"Aaa Kookie ah, our Kookie. Thank you!" The happy Jimin could not hold himself to not to hug the younger.

"Hyung, enough." Jungkook trapped in Jimin’s hug once again. “Oh I really got enough hug for today.”

"Aaa Kookie ah, even looks more handsome now." Jimin laughed happily forming a beautiful eye-smile.

 

“What is happening here?” Yoongi entered the classroom and asked immediately.

Jimin and Jungkook turned to the door side. They didn’t realize someone was coming.

Seeing the current scene, Yoongi felt a sudden heartache. He knew why he got a sudden heartache. He knew it exactly. Oh please, Yoongi. You know that Jimin just easy to do skinship with everyone he think he close with.

Jimin and Jungkook could see Hoseok behind Yoongi.  Hoseok turned to Yoongi to see his best friend’s expression. Hoseok could not read what Yoongi’s expression means.

"Oh, Hyung!" Jimin released Jungkook and approached them happily.

“What do you guys were exactly doing?” Yoongi asked once again, he fixed his tone into I’m-not-actually-care tone.

“Hyung! Guess what? This Sunday, I’ll have a date with someone I know from a matchmaker site!” Jimin’s bright smile did not disappear from his cute face.

Hoseok still gave a look at Yoongi to check his expression. Not too different with the maknae, he gave a look at Yoongi to. Jungkook also know something that Jimin didn’t know.

“Yah! Why the two of you are suddenly pausing?  Aren’t you guys happy for me?” Jimin pouted.

“Oh right! You will have a date! Well- it’s good.” Hoseok gave reaction.

Jimin smiled to Hoseok.

“A matchmaker site? Are you that desperate? And who is a person that stupid enough willing to have a date with a kid like you?” Yoongi said without looked at Jimin’s eyes, he looked at other direction instead.

“Haissh you will see, Hyung. You will see! I will bring this person in front of you and you will get envy of how handsome he is!” Jimin looked at Yoongi and folded his hands in front of his chest.

“Like he’ll stand with your noise and your never-ending whining.” Yoongi said sarcastically.

“Whatever, Hyung!”

“Yeah right. Whatever!” Yoongi got out from the room.

The three of them suddenly paused.

“Look, Jimin.” Hoseok finally talked. “You will have a date. That’s great. Good luck with it. I’m happy for you.” Hoseok talked wisely. He smiled and patted Jimin’s shoulder. Then he got out in a hurry, leaving Jimin and Jungkook alone.

“What’s wrong with Yoongi hyung?” Jimin talked while still looking at the door which is left opened. “He was always teasing me. But I know he never really mean it. But just now, why do I feel that he really mean it?”

“He’s just in a badmood. He didn’t mean it. I know.” Jungkook smiled. “Hmm let’s just go home, Hyung.” Jungkook took his backpack and Jimin’s then gave it to the confuse boy. “Besides, we’ll have a date tomorrow, don’t we?” He smiled and embraced Jimin’s shoulder.

“Oh yes! I should really get prepare for tomorrow.” Jimin smiled and took his backpack from Jungkook’s hand. “Oh! I feel nervous already, Jungkook ah. What should I do?”

Jungkook laughed widely as they got out from the classroom.

 

 

“Hyung? Weren’t you being too rude to Jimin?” Hoseok came closer to Yoongi. They were in their own classroom now.

“He is stupid. So it’s fine.” Yoongi took his backpack on his seat.

Hoseok understand why Yoongi acted like that. He knew that jealousy makes people do and talk non-sense things. “I’m sorry.”

“Why are you sorry? You’re not doing anything wrong.” Yoongi looked at Hoseok. “Let’s go home.”

“I’m just sorry.”

“Let’s go watching movie tomorrow with me. You don’t mind animated movie, do you?” Yoongi smiled to Hoseok.

“Animated movie sounds great.” Hoseok smiled back.

 

 


 

Omo! I finally posted the chapter 1 /throwing confetti/

This is my very first fic. I'm not confident with this. But, I've tried to do my best on this. So, I hope you guys enjoy it.

Hopefully I could do better for the next chapter. Please look forward to it.

Don't forget to give your comment on this.

Thank you for all the subscribers~ I love you all~

 

YoonMin, fighting!! ^_^