The Entrusted Feeling

That Little Happiness

"You cried?! In front of him?!"

There was a roar from Sehun's mouth, along with the cheeks deepening with crimson as the roar continued. When Jongin could no longer hold the itch to slap Sehun's thigh, he did it. Hard.

"Okay, okay! I'm sorry!" Sehun hissed and grinned at the same time, rubbing the slapped spot quickly in his attempt to ease the pain. "It was the lamest thing you could do as a grown up man, again, man, but probably cute as a boy. Man! If only I were there to witness your sweet, teary eyes...."

"Damn you, Sehun! You should have told me that I forgot to bring your card! Because of you, I lost my pride as a man in front of Kyungsoo-hyung!"

"Blame yourself for being forgeful, Kkamjong! You deactivated your cell phone for the entire night. You didn't even tell me where you went last night, since you didn't want me to spy on you. How ungrateful you are! I knew I should have followed you since the moment you left my house."

Jongin shivered, feeling blessed that the brat didn't spy on him last night. It had been such a horror already to tell Sehun what happened in his last night date, but it turned into a complete humiliation to see Sehun almost choked in laughter after the story was delivered. Having Sehun witnessing the program live would just mean a reason for committing suicide for Jongin.

"Alright. I am sorry. That was my bad, afterall. So, after all the things happening, it was still good, right, the date?" Jongin asked Sehun who rubbed his chin nonchalantly.

 "Well, it depends ...."

"Depends on what?"

"Depends on his reaction today."

"What do you mean by that?"

"Well, I won't tell you now. I will tell you later. Now, I want you to return half of the favor you owed me."

Jonging really felt like kicking his best friend's . He was in the verge of death caused by the ing curiousity in his mind.

"Can't you just tell me now?"

"Uh, uh, no. I did many things to you. You had to pay a bit of your debt now."

Rolling his eyes, Jongin had to agree with that brat. He shrugged as he asked Sehun. "What is it?"

Instead of answering, Sehun handed him a little box, pink and glittery. Jongin smirked as he saw confindence and smugness had gone from Sehun's face, replaced by reddish complexion on his cheek that marked his best friend's shyness.

"I didn't know you were a pinky boy before ...."

"Shut the hell up! And don't you dare to open it Kim Jongin! I swear I'll cut your fingers!"

Jongin grinned as he played his finger upon the tip of the box. He still gave Sehun a question though unnecessary already, he knew exactly what Sehun wanted him to do.

"What do I have to do with this?"

"Give it to Noona. Tell her it is from someone."

"Who's Noona?"

"Your Noona."

"I don't have any sister."

Sehun looked like he was about to strangle Jongin.

"For Yoona-ssi, you idiot!"

"Oh, I see.... Well, I have to tell her that this is from someone then? Not from Oh Sehun ...?"

"NO!" Sehun gritted his teeth. "No! Don't tell her it is from me! If you do that, I will ... I will --"

"Strangle me? Drown me? Kill me? Mutilate me and feed me to the dogs?"

"Eww! That's gross! I will ... tell Kyungsoo if you love him!"

Jongin smirked and Sehun constantly knew that his threat no longer meant anything.

"As you please. After last night's event, I am confident to assume that the man himself has known my feeling already."

Sehun's face fell. Now it was Jongin who was laughing very hard.

"Okay, okay! Don't cry, little baby! I will give it to Yoona-noona. I promise I won't open it. Afterall, this is my reply for your tremendous favor before and before that."

The pout on Sehun's face slowly turned into a grin.

"But taking a sneak peek won't kill, will it?"

And Jongin ran for his life as Sehun started punching and kicking him. He dodged the hit and retaliated, before putting his arm on Sehun's shoulder and dragged him to school cafe. They might be bickering toward nonsensical things now but Jongin had made promise in his heart to treat Sehun a bowl of jajangmyeon today. His date organizer deserved a very nice treat lunch today.

 

(#V#)   (#V#)   (#V#)

 

Finding Yoona in fact was not an easy peasy job as Jongin thought. That girl was really hard to find. Jongin was accustomed to her bumping him anytime, not the other way around. Now that he was looking for her, he lost her track anywhere he went. When he looked for her in her class, Yoona had gone like the wind.

"She went home already, kiddo. Well, not technically to home. She is having another series of cram class today. I don't know which subject she is taking. The only thing I know is I will die if I follow her suit."

Jongin smiled, eyeing Yoona's classmate that he acknowledged as Heechul The Diva. That boy might be effeminate but no one dared to make a mess with him. He was a national runner-up in taekwondo tournament.

"Well, do you know where she studies?"

"Apgeujong Cram School, if I'm not mistaken."

Jongin whistled in mind. Apgeujong Cram School was one of the top cram schools in Seoul, if not the best. It had reputation to only accept students with above average intelligence level.

"I see. Well, I guess I will just go there then. Gomawo ne, Hyung."

Just after Jongin nodded to him and was about to say goodbye, his arms were caught by Heechul.

"Wait.... You are... Kim Jongin, aren't you?"

"Er... yup...."

Heechul smiled and flailed his auburn bang.

"I see.... Totally handsome indeed.... No wonder Yoona was so heartbroken. Anyway, see you later, Jongin. Good luck in finding her."

The wink and chuckle from Heechul was enough to leave Jongin confused. Still, he nodded again to the boy.

"Okay. Kamsa hamnida, Hyung."

The cram school was not far from his school. Jongin just needed to walk instead of taking subway or bus to get there. After less than ten minutes, he arrived there. And he was stunned.

He had heard how sophisticated the building was but actually standing before it and seeing the place was sending him a chill. White marbled building, it had its name engraved in golden painting, arching the sliding doors that transparently showed what was inside the building. The staircase that led to the lobby was decorated with the tiles that looked like a theorema or something, Jongin didn't really know. The school clearly acquired such a mysteriously  aura that intimidated non-smartass people like Jongin.

According to Heechul, Yoona would be going home at five and when Jongin glanced at his watch, it was still ten to three. He had to wait for more than two hours.

Jongin sighed as he considered his choices. First, he could go home and come back later. He shook his head. Jongin hated going out if he had been safely staying at his cozy home. Second, he could wait for Yoona there. However, if he chose to stay there, he had to spend two excruciating hours doing nothing but waiting.

He would die....

Or, I could walk around for a while....

Jongin smiled. Itinerary started appearing in his mind as he chose to stick with the third option.

Better go to music store first. I need to buy some CD of OXE. Then I could go to the pet shop. Monggu's food almost runs out. Better keep the bill so I could ask the reimbursement from Eomma. Wait! I could go there after I eat some cheese burger. Yes! That's true! Eat first, then pet shop, and the last, movie theater. Have to buy two tickets and ask Sehun to pay for them later for doing his favor.

A sly grin formed on Jongin's face as the plan formed wonderfully.

Zassssshhhhhhh.

"Oh no!"

A hard, pouring rain fell upon Jongin. He had no place to shelter and the only place he could see was the cram school building. He didn't really think. He just ran to inside the building, almost slipped on the staircase. He arrived at the place and greeted by the security.

"Can we help you, young man?"

"I... um.... I'm waiting for my friend, she is studying in this place."

"I see. You could come inside and ask the receptionist when your friend will go home. It is raining cats and dogs now."

Jongin nodded and proceeded to enter the lobby. He sighed in relief as warm air blew softly to him. The rain, even though came in contact with him for some seconds, was freezing. He gladly walked to the receptionist.

"Welcome to Apgeujong Cram School. What can we do for you?"

"I'm sorry, but I am looking for a student named Im Yoona."

"Im Yoona. Wait a second please.... Im Yoona is currently having a class, Advanced Mathematics. She finishes the class at half past four. You may wait her in our waiting room."

The kind receptionist told him where to go. Jongin bowed to her, thanking her with a smile on his face. As he entered the room, he let out a long, exasperated groan, eliciting glances and frowns from people in the room who happened to wait for their relatives too. Jongin took a seat, the farthest from the door, and leaned to its back. Frustration hit him. None of his plans could be executed in this stormy weather.

"Screw you, rain!"

 

(#V#)   (#V#)   (#V#)

 

When Jongin opened his eyes, Yoona was before him already, sighing as she dropped herself to seat across him.

"Jongin! I thought you were dead! You slept like a corpse!"

Jongin grinned, embarrassedly wiped a little saliva in the edge of his lips.

"Sorry. I was so sleepy when I was waiting for you."

"No, I'm sorry. I didn't know that you were looking for me. We could have met at school."

"Yeah. My bad. But it's okay, I had nothing to do anyway. By the --"

Bzzzz! Bzzzz!

Jongin retrieved his cell phone inside his pocket. As he saw the caller id, his face turned white and horrified.

"An... annyeong...."

"KIM JONGIN!"

Jongin, and even Yoona, jerked as the piercing scream blasted from the phone speaker. Jongin had to put the phone some centimeters away from his ears.

"How dare you don't return home right after the school's over without permission! How dare you didn't pick up the call I gave you before! How dare you made me worried as hell! Are you out of your mind, Kim Jongin?!"

He felt both terrified and ashamed at the same time. Terrified as he had made his mother really mad, ashamed for Yoona was there witnessing him scolded via phone call.

"I'm sorry, Eomma...."

"Where the hell are you now?!"

Jongin gulped. He completely lost his thought now. He lifted his gaze and saw Yoona gesturing him to have his phone. Jongin gave her a questioning look, his mother was still ranting words of anger, but Yoona just smiled and nodded reassuringly to him. Jongin sighed, if he had to die, just let it be.

"Annyeong hasseyo, Ahjumma."

The voice stopped. It turned into a normal level tone conversation across the speaker.

"This is Yoona, Jongin's sunbae at school. Jongin's with me now, we are at Aphgeujong Cram School. Jongin told me that he was interested in studying in cram school, so I asked him him to come here and have a chat with the receptionist about how to enroll and such things. I was in the class, Jongin was waiting for me as well. I'm sorry that I made him forget that he had to tell you first. It was all so sudden and unplanned."

Jongin's eyes bulged. Yoona chuckled silently and winked at him.

"Yes, yes, Ahjumma. It is still pouring rain here. He will come home right after the rains stops. Sure, you are welcome. I will give the phone back to Jongin. Thank you and I'm sorry, Ahjumma."

Yoona returned the phone back with a smile on her face.

"Yes, Eomma."

"Why didn't you tell me that you wanted to go to cram school? I could have accompanied you."

"It was unplanned, Eomma. I am just checking things out."

"Still, you could have told me before. Oh dear, isn't that a good sign? You put more focus on your study already. Great!"

Jongin facepalmed himself.

"We'll talk more about it once you're at home. Send my regards to Yoona. She sounds like a cute, kind girl."

"Alright. I will tell her."

"Is she your girlfriend?"

"No, Eomma. Alright, I need to go now. Annyeong, Eomma."

"Annyeong, Jongin."

The call ended. Jongin put the phone back inside his pocket and sent a frown to Yoona.

"You shouldn't have spoken like that to my mother, Noona. Now I will be doomed. I will be facing the most horrible fate in my life: studying!"

Yoona chuckled beautifully. "It is what they call diversion, Jongin. You should thank me for that, or else, your mother would kill you later."

"Yeah, but you put my life in greater danger, Noona!"

"Well, isn't it the time that you have to put more attention to your study? You might just be in the first grade, but you will be facing national exam in two years, in your third year. Trust me, the stress is unbelievable. You will get crazy if you don't prepare your study from now on. The difficulty is enough to kill you, or else, you are more likely to commit suicide if you fail yourself."

Jongin shudderred. Yoona sounded extremely similar to Yifan now. Yifan always used that tone when he was in his older brother mode, when he was giving advice and pep talk to Jongin.

He couldn't say anything anymore.

"Have a thought of that. Meanwhile, it is still raining and I am hungry. Do you wanna eat something? There is a canteen in this building."

The growl from his tummy was enough to confirm his answer. Jongin embarrassedly, for the second time, nodded. He hadn't had any lunch today. Yoona pulled him and dragged him out of the room.

"Don't worry, Dongsaeng. My request, my treat."

 

(#V#)   (#V#)   (#V#)

 

"Jongin, slowly.... The food isn't going anywhere...."

Jongin grinned as he turned his munching into slower speed. His sunbae shook her head as she was sipping her half empty float. Her food, which just included salad and french fries, had finished, while Jongin was still eating his second cheese burger. His french fries was untouched, yet.

"Zhizh ish zreally zyummy, Znoona."

"Ckckck.... You must not talk when you eat, Jongin.... And look at your face!"

Yoona bent forward and wiped sauce from Jongin's lips.

"You are so messy with food. I wonder how your girl will take care of you later."

Jongin smiled sheepishly.

It's a man who will take care of me, Noona, not a girl.

"What?"

Yoona eyed her curiously and Jongin bit his inner lip. He cursed himself for mouthing his thought too loudly.

"I... um... nothing! I just... love the food! Yes! It is very delicious!"

To make it more believable, Jongin took a big bite of his burger. Yoona eyed him for a while then shrugged and took Jongin's french fries.

"So, you still haven't told me why you come and meet me here. What is it?"

"Ah, yes!" Jongin palmed his forehead, he completely forgot his initial intention. He wiped his hands on the napkin and shoved his fingers inside his pocket, taking the box that Sehun had entrusted him.

"Someone gave me this to me. He asked me to give you this."

Yoona slowly took the pink, glittery box from Jongin's hand. Her eyes examined it thoughtfully as he lifted his box.

"From someone else? Are you sure it is not from you, who wants to test me whatsoever?"

"Test? What test?"

"A test for me. You somehow have fallen for me and you want to see whether I still love you or not after you rejected me at the other day?"

"Nooooonaaaaaaaa...." Jongin groaned. "We have way passed this!"

Yoona laughed heartily. "I know, I know. I was teasing you, Jongin. Alright, who is he?"

"The sender asked me to keep him remained anonymous."

"Really?" Yoona frowned. "Is he handsome?"

Jongin pouted his lips for a moment, picturing Sehun in his mind and considering if his best friend was handsome.

Nahh.... He is far from handsome. Of course I am more handsome than him.

"Not really. Kind of, so-so maybe. I don't know. I am sure I am more good-looking than him. Nonetheless, he sent this for you as an appreciation of your beauty."

Jongin felt like vomitting and laughing hard at the same time. He never thought he would say that kind of thing for Sehun's sake. If only he were here....

"Wow... never knew I had a fan."

"Are you crazy?" Jongin rolled his eyes. "Half of the entire male population at school have you as their idols. You are like the most stunning girl in their life. If no one has approached you yet, I think it's because they know you have way surpassed their level."

"You make me sound like a ."

"Well, maybe you are."

That earned Jongin a slap on his arm from Yoona. Jongin laughed as he was avoiding the subsequent hitting from pouting Yoona. It was nice for Jongin to see this side of Yoona, playful and childish at the same time. She mostly acted mature and composed, a real older sister type. Seeing her like this was just amusing and lovely for him.

"Jongin?"

Both he and Yoona froze upon hearing the voice. Jongin looked up and saw Kyungsoo standing by their, looking drop dead handsome in his black blazer and black inside shirt. He was smiling, but something about his expression made Jongin uneasy.

"Songsaengnim."

"Hyung!"

Both of them looked at each other, surprised to see each other calling for the eldest at the same time and how they called him.  

"Yoona, right? Nice to see you here. You too, Jongin."

"Me too, Songsaengnim. What are you doing here? You look really cool. Are you teaching here?"

Kyungsoo's smile seemed to be a bit fake for Jongin.

"Yes, I do. I teach Math for a first grader. Anyway, I should be leaving, don't want to disturb you date."

Jongin went paler upon listening to it.

"See you at school, you guys. Go home after the rain stops, will you? Bye."

With those words the handsome man walked from them rather fast, leaving Jongin stunned at his seat. Jongin cursed in his mind.

Date? No! He mistook her as my girlfriend!

"Kyungsoo-songsaengnim is really, really cool, isn't he? He is so you but he is so perfect. If only he were not older, I would try to date him."

It actually snapped Jongin with fire inside his heart. A burst of jealousy was flaring down his chest and he had to try extremely hard not to glare to Yoona. He quickly got up and grabbed his wallet quickly from his pocket.

"Noona, I'm sorry. I have to go right now."

! The wallet is stuck!

"Why all the sudden? You haven't finished your meal. It's also still raining ouside, Jongin. Just stay here, at least until the rain stops."

Jongin was touched by Yoona's words and the jealousy died in an instance, but he had a very important thing to do. He groaned when the wallet was finally out of his pocket and he put the the money for their meal on the table.

"I'm so, so, sorry, Noona. I will explain later, promise."

"But I promised to treat you."

"Just treat me again later, okay? Now I've got to go. Sorry. Bye!"

Jongin grabbed his bagged, send her a very apologetic look for the last time, and run for his life out of the cafe. He could sense a sharp look on his back from Yoona as he was running past the other customer coming inside the canteen, but he had no time to amend that now. He owed her an explanation and he would do it later. Now his focus was to chase his long lost love who mistook him with a girlfriend just a moment ago.

I gotta tell him the truth now.

 

(#V#)   (#V#)   (#V#)

 


January 4, 2015

 

I know I am such a jerk for making this story suspended for such a long time. A lot of things happened: work, job, study, and ily, writer's block. However, I think I have found my pace again and I will try my best to finish this story, which I think will happen in just several more chapters. Thank you for staying with me and hope you are still hanging till the end of this.

 

Schandelierre