Two

Last Autumn's Embrace

Hana’s slender finger lingered above the round bell button situated beside the white wooden door. Her eyes glanced to the side of the door and landed on the plate with the number 35 on it. I guess this is the right house.

She applied a small pressure on the bell, causing sounds of ringing to be heard from the inside. In a few seconds, the door opened to reveal a teenage girl in a white t-shirt and blue jeans with her hair tied in a messy bun.

“Umm… Kim Jongin?” Hana asked in confusion as she thought that this Kim Jongin would be a guy. She even shifted her eyes to eye the number on the plate and it clearly stated the number 35.

“No, I’m her little sister, Hyeri.” The teenage girl answered with a smile plastered on her face. Hana’s mouth formed an ‘o’ shape at the clarification given.

“Oh, well then, here’s the drinks your brother ordered.” said Hana as she handed the box of beverages to her. Hyeri took the box and handed her a 50,000 Won note which was a lot more than what the drinks cost.

“Hyeri, I don’t have any changes for this. The drinks cost just 15,000 won only.” She tried to explain. Hyeri kept insisting that it was okay and told her to just take it. After much persuading, Hana finally took the money that was given and left with a look of confusion on her face.

Inside the white, number 35 house, Jongin was relaxing on his bed, his head hanging upside down at the edge of the bed while he was listening to his MP3 player.

His little sister slammed the door of his room open and placed the box of drinks on his desk, a frown plastered on her face from her brother’s attitude. He is such a lazy . With one last glare at her disgustingly lazy brother, she made her way out of the room. But, before she could step out, Jongin called her name.

“Hyeri-yah.” said Jongin.

“What?” she turned around and glared at him, hands placed on her hips.

“Where’s the balance money?” he asked as he pointed to the drinks using his lips. He shifted his eyes to meet Hyeri’s eyes and realized that she was unusually smiling.

“Wait. Don’t tell me…” he immediately shot up from his bed to stare at Hyeri who was nodding and giving him a wickedly playful smile.

“Y-Yah, H-Hyeri, that was all my money for my food expanses for the whole week.” his voice wavering from the sadness of losing his money. All his money he received for the whole week, gone. He turned his head towards Hyeri and gave her a glare.

“You are really going to get it, Hyeri!” shouted Jongin as he stood up from his bed and sprinted towards Hyeri.

Before he could attack her, Hyeri raised her hand in front of her and stopped him in his tracks. “Wait.”

She reached to her back pocket to reveal a 20,000 Won note and her mobile phone.

“What if we make a deal?” she offered with a smirk on her face.

-.-.-

 

"Where is this girl?" Jongin tapped his foot on the gravel of the road and took a look at his brown Rolex wristwatch. "She should have come out by now." he sighed as he tried to peek into the cafe.

The Sun was about to set in the horizon and still there was no sign of the girl. Jongin could already see the owner of the shop beginning to clean up the shop with his male co worker, Sehun. There was no sign of any female workers in the cafe.

As Sehun walked out of the shop and began locking the door, Jongin decided to approach him.

"Hey, umm... Sehun," he began to say. He looked at the tall, fair-skinned, baby-faced boy in front of him, waiting for him to turn around.

"Jongin!" said Sehun as he turned his body around to look at the person who called his name. "Long time no see! I was going to meet you when I saw your name on the order list, but Hana decided to send it to you." he explained as he shook hands with Jongin.

"Yeah, I was about to ask you that." Jongin sheepishly rubbed the back of his neck and grinned. "You see, she was supposed to meet me and exchange the money my sister 'accidentally' gave to her." Jongin clarified, his head held high in hope that the girl was still there.

"You mean Hana?" Sehun said in remembrance of what she told hiim earlier that day. Jongin nodded his head and silently prayed that the said girl was the same person he was mentioning.

"Yeah. She said she had to exhange some money with someone who mistakenly gave her the wrong amount." he continued and was suddenly grabbed by Jongin by the shoulders.

"Where is she?" Jongin hurriedly asked.

"She went out through the back door and went straight to the house of the person she had to the money with." Sehun said as he slowly wriggled himself out of Jongin's grasp.

Jongin facepalmed himself and instantly ran back to his house after saying thank you to Sehun.

'I waited all day in front of that under the scorching hot Sun for nothing?' He thought to himself throughout the whole journey back home. When he arrived, he could spot his sister in the frontyard of the house, waving to someone. He looked ahead and saw the back side of a long-haired girl who he presumed that the girl was Hana.

Jongin walked up towards his sister and noticed the yellow 50,000 Won note in her hand. Hyeri glanced to her left and saw her brother practically seething in fury at her little trick on him. When they were standing in front of each other, she explained that she had called the girl to come to the house to exchange the money instead of telling her that her brother, Jongin was waiting poorly outside the shop.

"That's what you get for making me do your errands."

-.-.-

 

Hana walked down the street towards her house as slowly as possible. Her sneakers were shuffling rhythmically on the black gravel of the road as she followed the beat of the music from her MP3 player. She was too focused on the music that she did not notice a figure running towards her from behind.

As the hand of the figure touched her shoulder, Hana turned around to find Sehun panting and sweating heavily. No words needed to be exhanged for her to know that Sehun wanted to walk her home.

They have been best friends for so long that they developed an ability to converse without uttering a single word. They only needed facial expressions to understand each other.

Hana just nodded and smiled at Sehun in agreement as he skipped happily beside her and linked his arms with her.

 


A/N: So.. yeah. I know... Long time no update. You see, my laptop is part dead (the monitor does not display anything. It's all black) and I have to use my bro's comp. The problem is that he rarely leaves her comp behind when he's out. And I have to sneakily use it (or not, he'll kick me out of his room when he comes home TT.TT) I hope you can bare with the slow updates. I can't even do graphic requests now OTL I plan to update every week, but because of my laptop's condition, it's hard to work that out. Anyways, hope you like it. Second chapppp!! XDD