Nine

My Jinki, I Love Thee
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

To Taemin, there were only three people he didn’t like in the world. They consisted of Santa Clause, Choi Minho, and Kim Jonghyun. He didn’t like Santa Clause because he had been one of the children that were convinced the old guy existed and would hide presents under his tree every year; so when he found out the truth, he had stopped celebrating Christmas all together. It was obvious why he didn’t like Choi Minho, as well; or maybe he just didn’t like the person Choi Minho became. Then, there was Kim Jonghyun; Taemin didn’t have any personal connections with the shorter upperclassman, but through what Jinki had told him of their friendship, Taemin had made his own judgment on the older.

So when he told Taemin about the things Jonghyun said, he scoffed. “After all the bull he put you through, he talks to you now? And for what- to set you up with his best friend?”

“You know, Minho really misses you.” Jinki sighed, lying down on his bed. It was almost midnight, and Minho had come and gone for his tutoring with thankfully nothing more to confuse the older about. However, Minho had returned to only speaking when it was necessary to, leaving the air thick with tension.

“He… misses me?” Taemin’s expression softened immediately, and he grabbed one of the pillows off of the elder’s bed, pulling it to his chest.

Jinki nodded, smiling as he noticed Taemin’s expression, “Whenever he comes over, he asks me how you’re doing, you know.”

“Let him ask as much as he wants. It changes nothing.” Taemin said that with his expression hardened, but Jinki knew him better than that. So, he wrote down the number Minho had texted him from earlier that day, and held it out to Taemin, who looked at it suspiciously. “What’s that?”

“It’s Minho’s number. Go home and call him.” Jinki urged him, and though Taemin refused a couple of times because they were supposed to be figuring out what Jinki should do about his current situation, he eventually agreed and went home.

Jinki folded his arms behind his head, his eyes trained on the ceiling as he let out a deep sigh. He still knew absolutely nothing about Minho, but Minho apparently knew so much more about him. He remembered the day he had first officially met Minho.

The younger was of a well off family, and had transferred in from a wealthy private school in another part of the city. The student council members weren’t in school that day due to a field trip to some sort of peace council, and since Jinki wa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter