The Meeting Part 2

Our Married Life

Chanyeol had wanted to look at the clock again to check how much longer does he have until his heart burst from the nervousness of meeting his wife, even though he has his phone. He just had to look up, causing their eyes to meet as Hana was also staring him, trying to figure out who he was.

There was a moment of silence when their eyes met, Hana was frozen mid step and Chanyeol was just staring at her, his brain trying to process the current situation. After a good few moments of staring and silence, Chanyeol's brain commented that he should probably stand up and usher her over.

He did.

"Erm, hi." He said with a nervous smile as he stood up - a bit to abruptly - causing his thighs to hit the table.

"Ow..." He whispered as he rubbed his thighs a few time and in the meantime, Hana closed in on him, a small step at a time. By the time he looked up, Hana was already at the seat just in front of him. She just looked at him, without any expression on her face.

Once again, Chanyeol awesome brain comes to the rescue and he took quick steps out from behind the table to help her into the seat. Seeing Chanyeol pull out the chair for her, Hana muttered a thank you as she settled down.

"Hi." Chanyeol greeted with a smile after he settled down in front of her.

"Hi." Hana replied, there was nothing her brain could come up with.

"I'm Park Chanyeol from EXO, nice to meet you." He introduced and Hana nodded, staring at the table top.

"I'm Seo Hana from Heaven, nice to meet you too." She introduced, taking her eyes off the table top for it is manners to look at someone while you talk.

"Ah yes, I know you." Chanyeol said, handing Hana the long forgotten drink. Her eyes shifted from the cup to him, as if asking him what is this.

"I did not know what to order so I asked the counter and she recommended this. Ah, this is Java Chip Frappuccino. She said that it's sweeter than other drinks so I'm not sure but maybe you might like it. Because normally girls like sweeter drinks but if you don't like it, I'll go get another drink." He babbled away, not should what to say or do.

The expression on Hana's face did not change - expressionless.

'Crap, I annoyed her already. Brain, do something. Help me!' Chanyeol thought as he studied her expression with a tense smile hanging on his face.

'It's quiet...I need to say something...' Hana thought as she sipped the drink Chanyeol got for her.

Noticing the cake by his side, Hana asked, "May I have one?"

Chanyeol took a while to understand what she was talking about and when he finally did, he pushed the two slices of cake to the center in embarrassment. "Go ahead, it's for you anyway. I'm sorry that I'm out of it..." He said apologetically and whispered the last part, the ever so tense smile never leaving his face. He sure is screwing everything up today.

"It's nice, Park Chanyeol-sunbaenim." Hana said, taking a bite out of the Red Velvet cake. Looking up at Chanyeol to wait for his answer, Hana noticed the tense smile fade into a slight frown.

"You need not call me so formally, Hana-ssi." Chanyeol said as he took the chocolate over to his side. It was true that they are seniors and juniors in the same company. But now, right now at this moment, they are of a different relationship - namely husband and wife. Well virtual husband and wife but it's the same thing.

"How do I call you then?" Hana asked, troubled by not having a comfortable name to call her senior by.

EXO is the hottest boy band right now and her seniors too. Heaven had just debuted about 6 months ago and was still fairly new to the entertainment world, they was no way she could be so close to them.

"Just Chanyeol would be good," he said and Hana gave a small nod - out of politeness - not entirely willing to do that.

"So, Hana-ssi, your age...Erm, how old are you?" Chanyeol asked, watching Hana take a bite out of the Red Velvet cake. Taking a sip of her drink, she replied with, "20."

"Oh, I'm older than you. Kind of expected though..." Chanyeol trailed off, taking a bite out of his dark chocolate cake that was pretty much long forgotten.

[Hana's interview]

Interviewer: "How do you feel about Chanyeol-ssi being your husband?"

Hana: "It feels...Awkward."

Interviewer: "Why?"

Hana: "He is like my senior and we are from the same company. I watch EXO sunbaenim perform a lot and I really like them but I've never talked to them so, suddenly asking me to do this is very weird. Plus, Heaven have just debuted not long ago and I am not sure if I can be that friendly with my senior and a member of the hottest boy band at that." -nods-

[Chanyeol's interview]

Interviewer: "How did you feel about Hana-ssi being your wife?"

Chanyeol: "I am really shocked, especially when I looked up. I looked up then she was like standing there, expressionless. It looked a little scary." -chuckles-

Interviewer: "But do you like it that she is your wife? Do you know Heaven before this?"

Chanyeol: "Ah, yes, I do know Heaven. They debuted not long ago and I see them a lot in the company too. They are very bright and friendly. I have watched one of their performance and I've seen Hana dance on stage. She is very pretty. I am still not sure about how I feel with her as my wife but it's alright, I guess." -chuckles again-

[Cafe Wish]

Hana ate away at her cake and sipped her drink, not really making any eye contact with Chanyeol. Though she knows that she should do something, she have no idea what to do.

"Well, this is awkward. Haha." Chanyeol stated the obivious and chuckled, finishing his chocolate cake. Nodding to his statement, Hana too, finished her cake.

"We should really settle on what to call each other though...What do you think is good Hana?" Chanyeol asked, looking at the girl in front of him, waiting for an answer.

"I think our names are good." She replied, after a thoughtful second. Nodding to show his agreement, he added, "No title?"

Blinking, Hana shook her head. "It's...Awkward without title..." She muttered, loud enough for Chanyeol to hear though.

"Really? I think Hana sounds nice. You can call me Oppa too. I don't mind..." He said casually, looking at her with a smile.

"Chanyeol-sunbaenim." Hana called out.

"Hana." Chanyeol called out. Hana looked at him, a slight frown etched to her face.

[Hana's interview]

Interviewer: "Did you not like him calling you by your name?"

Hana: -shakes head- "No but it's weird since I'm not close with him and I have never called anyone 'Oppa' so it's awkward and weird."

[Chanyeol's interview]

Interviewer: "Why did you want to call her by her name?"

Chanyeol: "I call people whom I'm close with by their name and I want to make it so that Hana is comfortable with the calling of names without it sounding too awkward or formal."

[Gangnam Street]

The streets bustled with life in the afternoon with the sun beating down on them. Walking in the mist of the busy streets, the two were still going on about names.

"But Chanyeol-sunbaenim is long and formal." Chanyeol drawled, walking beside Hana, making their height difference crystal clear to all the people around them.

"Chanyeol-ssi," Hana called out, determined to call him that.

"But it's long too...Besides, we're married...We should be comfortable and close and lovely-dovely."Chanyeol whined uncharacteristically. For the next five minutes or so, they walked in silence  side by side through the noisy street, Hana contemplating his words. They arrived at the crossroad, waiting for the lights to turn green.

"Chanyeol-o-oppa?" Hana finally calls out quietly, just loud enough for Chanyeol to hear her, sounding very awkward and embarrassed. Delighted with the name, Chanyeol's face lit up and he responded with a "yes?" that was way higher than his usual deep voice. Upon hearing that, a small chuckle escaped Hana's lips.

Seeing his wife laugh for the first time today, Chanyeol was more than delighted. He was giddy with joy as he recorded that chuckle down into his mind.

"Let's go then, Hana?" He asked as the green light lit on, extending his hand towards her - an attempt at skin-ship with the very awkward Hana - his wife.

Taking the giant's hand slowly, Hana whispered, "sure, Chanyeol-oppa..." shyly, her face burning up not only from the sun beating down on her but also from the extreme embarrassment from calling Chanyeol - Oppa.

"So what do we do now?" Chanyeol asked, all cheery and cutesy. Hana shrugged, feeling very weird holding hands with Chanyeol. She wasn't used to being so close to people only after about 1 hour of meeting them but this was a good platform to open up and overcome her shyness. She could not just be cold the entire time as his virtual wife could she? She needs to change and she was going to start here.

With Chanyeol. On We Got Married. As Virtual Husband and Wife.

Pulling Hana with him, Chanyeol entered a accessories shop - because there was a wide variety of snapback on show at the display panel of the shop. The air-con was refreshing on their skin against the hot surrounding that they were in a moment ago. Chanyeol look through the wide selection of snapbacks and bounced around the shop, making him look extremely childish - in a good way of course. While Chanyeol hopped around, inspecting the precious caps, Hana made herself comfortable with the more girly side of the shop, since their hands were no longer held.

She looked through earrings and necklaces, occasionally bringing them up to have a better look at them. There was nothing that caught her eyes and soon, she was going towards the snapbacks collection section to look for a certain giant. Walking through the section once just for the fun of it, she found the giant squatting down in the corner of the store staring at some beautiful snapbacks.

Seeing Chanyeol so into staring at caps, Hana stood behind him since she is wearing skirt and cannot exactly bend down to his level - not that she would anyway. Not that she would actually, it's unnaturally for her after all. Hana stood around and looked at the caps that Chanyeol picked out specially. It was all almost the same to her with some English words sewn into the front of the cap, but maybe there was a certain beauty that Chanyeol sees and she does not.

Standing up abruptly with two snapbacks in his hands, Chanyeol started to look for Hana. Though, he did not need to seen she was just standing behind him and how it scared the hell out of him.

"Ahh! Oh my god! You scared me..." Chanyeol shrieked upon turning around and seeing Hana stare at him.

"Are you alright?" Hana asked quietly, staring at Chanyeol who was patting his chest - maybe in an attempt to calm his heart. Nodding quickly to signal that he is indeed still alive and alright but just scared out of his wits by his ghost like wife, he managed a small smile.

"Oh yeah, which one do you think is nicer?" The giant asked once he's settled down and calm again - while Hana stared on in interest as he took deep breaths.

The two snapbacks looked pretty much the same, they are both black overall and had white words sewn on the front of it. Just that the words are different. One of it said 'BOY' and the other said 'SWAG REBEL'. While she was studying the snapbacks, Chanyeol looked around for other designs.

Noticing that Hana have been staring really hard for a pretty long time, Chanyeol asked, "It's difficult?"

"It's difficult." Hana replied, staring hard at the two caps.

"What about a couple snapback? What do you think looks nicer?" Chanyeol asked, holding up another two caps but this time they said 'GIRL' and 'SWAG REBELLE'. The girly version of the caps that she held apparently.

"This is better then," she said as she raised up the 'BOY' cap.

"Alright then, let's get this." He said as he kept back the other pair of snapbacks and grabbed Hana by the arm - lightly - heading to the counter. Looking at the caps in her arms, Hana wondered how he could so easily pull off skin-ship and couple-like things so easily.

Putting the cap on Hana after exiting the store, Chanyeol grinned as he studied how it looks on Hana. "You look nice!" He exclaimed, slinging an arm around her shoulder having already put on the snapback and kept his previous one in his bag-pack.

[Hana's interview]

Interviewer: "How do you feel about getting a couple item?"

Hana: "It was kind of forced, I guess. He just lightly pulled me with him and then he's done paying for both of it." -stops and thinks- "But, it was kind of nice. Couple item..."

[Chanyeol's interview]

Interviewer: "Why did you buy a cap as a couple item?"

Chanyeol: "I really like snapbacks and since there was a pair, I thought why not? And with this, I hope that we can become closer and less awkward." -laughs-

[To Hana:]

Chanyeol: "Since we have just met each other for the first time today, everything is pretty awkward but I hope you enjoyed yourself. I'm already like waiting for the next time I meet you. I hope to find out more about you and that we can have a delightful married life. I'm friendly, I don't bite so it would be nice if you could talk more and maybe, show your expression more." -laughs and wave goodbye-

[To Chanyeol:]

Hana: "It was alright today, just a little awkward but I had fun. I hope you did not misunderstand me because of my shyness. I will work hard to try to overcome it in a way...But I had fun and hope that you did too. Thank you for the cap too." -waves goodbye-      

 

 


[Author's Note: Long update. I swear this took so long to write. I am not very pleased with this chapter to be honest. Well, please leave a comment or two for encourangement or just to tell me what can be made better. Subscriptions are greatly encouraged and appreciated! Thank you for reading!  -gives you a hug for sitting through this chapter-]