6. A Little Closer

She's My Guy

 

 

Chapter 6

Dara’s POV

“What are we supposed to retrieve again?” I whispered to the Chaerin.

The four of us were now crawling inside in the building’s air ventilation system. 

Bommie figured this would be the best way to sneak into it without being caught. 

And she was right, who the heck bothers checking the air vents anyway?

“We just need to transfer all the data onto the USB drive Gummy unnnie gave us.”

It’s been what, 5 minutes? Or was it 10? And we’ll probably need awhile more till we reach the heart of this building, right where the suspect’s office will be at.

I continued crawling for a good 2 minutes when Minzy stopped abruptly, almost causing me to collide with her bum.

“A little warning next time, yeah?” I heard Chaerin mutter behind me.

“Shhh!!! They’ll hear us!” I could barely hear Bom who was all the way at the front.

Minzy tilted her body to let us pass through her. From the air vent, we could see two guys in lab coats.

They were both arranging a stack of orange folders in their hand. They’re definitely not the suspects, though. 

According to Gummy, our culprit is so discreet about his identity that he wore a mask in his own headquarters. 

What kind of weirdo does that? He definitely has trust issues.

The two nerdy looking personnels made their way out shortly after, giving us the go signal.

Bommie quietly and carefully pushed the metal rails out of the vent before letting her legs fall right through it.

She landed on the ground with a soft thud and the rest of us followed.

I headed towards the main door and kept my ear on it while Minzy and Chaerin went towards the computer.

Bom was looking around the room for any odd or suspicious items that could give us extra information.

“The passcode’s different from the one Gummy gave us!”

“Disable the firewall! Quick, Minzy!” Bom ran towards the computer.

If there’s one thing our past missions taught us, it’s that we should never take more than 5 minutes in any vacant room.

Our training instructors once said 8 minutes but we always knew to play safe.

Staying any longer to loiter would always trap us into a boiling mess.

“How long more?” I walked towards them, feeling myself getting impatient.

“DONE!” Chaerin ejected the USB drive and held it up in triumph. 

The next moment happened way too quickly. 

In the same millisecond, two men dressed in black kicked open the door, the same time I jumped towards them.

“RUN!” I let the girls hop over me as I gave one last kick to the guy below me, sending him flying back onto his partner.

We were now dashing through a wide aisle which thankfully had no other personnel in the way. 

“Through that window!” Chaerin was taking the lead and we followed her through two left turns, fully aware of how the steps behind us were quickening. 

“GET THEM!” A thunderous roar erupted behind us and I swore I heard the sound of footsteps growing.

How many men were behind us now? I couldn’t tell and I certainly didn’t wanna find out.

Where did they pop out from anyway?!

Oh and yes, they were armed but they couldn’t shoot us without inviting any attention. 

Thank the nation for gun laws, right?

There was a piercing sound of shattering glass as Bom and Chaerin kicked the building’s window. 

I hate this way of exit. 

They have already abseiled to ground level, using just a pathetic hook with a rope hung on the window rail.

I could see lots and lots of greenery from my point of view, which meant our grand retreat would be well hidden from the world. 

Not from the guys behind us, though.

Minzy let herself go next, landing onto the ground with one swift motion.

I took a glance behind me at the panting men before returning my attention back to our escape plan.

My body was barely out of the window when I felt something sharp brush across the side of my neck. I felt a sharp sting at the same area. 

Did they really just send a dagger flying my way? Nice aiming though, s.

Chaerin helped me off the rope and Bom immediately set the rope on fire.

The blaze travelled all the way up and lit up the men’s faces.

Good riddance.

 

 

 

__________________________❤︎__________________________

 

 

 

 

“You’re still awake?” I asked as I walked into our library room.

Jiyong was on an arm chair with a book resting on his lap, situated at a right corner.

It was 3am already. Was he waiting up for me..?

“Uh, yeah. I was about to sleep, though. Why did you get home so late?” He pretended to look nonchalant about it but his eyes gave everything away.

“I was out with some friends..” 

I felt myself smiling at the thought of Jiyong actually showing this bit of concern for me.

He glanced back down on his book and continued with whatever he was reading. 

“I’ll.. go wash up first.” 

His reply was just a nod which he didn’t bother glancing up to.

I turned around and headed towards the door when he spoke again. “Hey! You’re bleeding!” 

A hand swivelled my body around before I could mutter a response.

My fingers moved towards where he was staring and sure enough, there was red liquid trailing out the left side of my neck.

How did I even forget about that? Even Bommie was nagging about it when we were making our way back.

Jiyong frowned at me but shortly left the room, sighing on his way out.

He came back with a medium sized first aid kit and motioned for me to sit on a chair.

The box opened to reveal bandages, alcohol swabs and other bottles of whatever.

He took a few cotton pads and poured a clear liquid on it. 

I tilted my neck to let him take a better look, cursing when he dabbed the cotton pad onto my cut.

“It’ll sting for a bit, bear with it..” Only when I felt his breath on my collar did I realise how close he was to me right now.

I shifted my eyes to glance at his face from a peripheral view. 

His face was full of concentration, eyes not leaving the side of my neck.

That gaze.. those features.. I can’t deny that he was gorgeous, can I?

He gave it one last torturous wipe before throwing the used cotton pad to the side.

A clear film plaster reappeared on his hand and he placed it onto my neck, pressing it to release any unwanted air bubbles.

“Thanks.” I turned back to him.

“How did you even get that cut—” He was giving a disapproving look, “And not realise?” 

“Well I.. I probably brushed against something sharp.” I pressed my hand against the covered wound to stop his stare, hoping that that would prevent him from finding out what actually happened.

“Oh.” He seemed to buy my excuse. “Well, you should go wash up now. And get some rest, I guess.” 

“Yeah, I guess.. How did you learn all this first aid stuff anyway?” I was the curious one now.

“I just.. I learnt it. Since I need to take care of myself quite a lot.” 

“Oh..” 

Yeah, this is really awkward.

“I’ll go shower first then, night.” And with that, Dara left the room quickly. 

 

 

 

 

Writer’s POV

Jiyong sighed as he made his way out as well. 

Things have gotten pretty weird for him ever since his new roommate arrived.

He’s been so used to living alone that it was weird having someone to talk to, someone to eat with and someone he had to wait up for at night.

Well, he didn’t exactly have to, but it felt like the right thing to do.

His fingers reached for the light switch in his walk-in-wardrobe and he went towards the cupboard to take a new set of pyjamas out. 

He decided on a white plain v neck tee and some loose basketball shorts.

The navy blue t shirt he was currently wearing was off his body with a swift tug over the head and he reached down to pick up the white t-shirt when something caught his eye.

There was a baby pink strip of fabric dangling out among the pile of clothes placed beside Dara’s cupboard. 

Jiyong reached out for it to take a closer look. 

Is that.. a bra strap?!?

He pulled it out from under the stack of clothes and realised it was indeed a bra. One with a tag that reads 32A.

The silky clothing item was flipped all around as Jiyong scrutinised it to make sure his eyes weren’t playing tricks on him.

Finally, his eyes widened before he asked himself, “Why the hell does Youngmin have a pink bra?!”

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: So after @peaceminusonedotcom likes the daragon manip, GD goes on to comment on Dara's picture... Are you sure it's her pmo cap that's cute? We can't even see it clearly in the picture ^-^