Chapter 2

Surviving High School

Months have passed and so has the time that Micha and Sunhi could have spent together. Through this time Sunhi had been chosen to do private lessons to train as a soloist, she leaves her house early and arrives late and even stays in her studio when it’s lunch breaks for extra time to practise for the upcoming mini summer school concert where it is mandatory for private lesson students to participate in and other students in Big Hit and even students in JYP get to watch and perform if they wish.

Micha on the other hand, since she has been impressing her teachers with her amazing brain they recommended her to tutor students from Big Hit that have been struggling to keep up with their compulsory subjects (math, Korean and health), she agreed and since then she has been staying back at school with Big Hit students until some times one or two in the morning.

 

 

Micha walked down the stairs where her mum greeted her from the kitchen as she was preparing breakfast, Micha woke up earlier than usual to catch up on some studying for herself. Her mum always was out of the house before Micha even wakes up as she starts work early in the morning.

Micha’s mum couldn’t stop smiling at her when they were eating their breakfast together as she doesn’t remember the last time they had shared these types of moments with one another.

“How much longer till you’re on your school holidays?” Micha’s mum asked to start off their first conversation. Micha chuckled at her mum’s cuteness before replying,

“In a week or two, we have a school performance on the last day” she added.

“Ooh, is Sunhi going to perform? She has such a beautiful voice”

“I’m pretty sure, she does private lessons in the school now, not many students get than opportunity” Micha explained and her mum looked at her proud and excited for Sunhi who’s like a second daughter to her.

“You both have been really busy with school work that it’s a shame that you don’t spend time together as much anymore. Maybe you both you should plan something for the holidays, okay?” Micha began to play with her food, she understood where her mum was coming from but after months of being apart from one another it will be hard to fill up the gap that they left to grow bigger. However, Micha grinned and nodded at her mum even though she knew it may not happen.

 

 

The school bell chimed for their second break. Everyone groaned and sighed in relief that another lesson is done and that they can talk to their friends again as their teacher left the room. Micha headed to the JYP cafeteria and sat where her and Sunhi use to sit together when they were still close, with still the same group of girls swamping around the same group of guys that they have been stuck with like pieces of gum since day one.

Micha glanced over to them in disgust and pity for the guys’ constant unfortunate situations they face daily. After finishing her food she walked through the school plaza to return back to her school building. As she was walking up the plaza’s small steps she noticed Sunhi walking out of the Big Hit building, and without thinking she instantly began to run “SUNH-” and tripped over the stairs.

She felt stupid and disappointed at her careless actions and turned her body over so she could sit on the steps that she was silently cursing at. Wincing and hissing at her painful bloody knee, she began to wonder how she would get up.

As students walked by ignoring the first year student’s existence, one of them stopped when noticing her situation and run up to her.

“OMO! Are you okay?” the student kneeled down in front of her to take a closer look, when he looked at it he could imagine the pain Micha was feeling, “it looks bad. I remember getting stage floor burnt” the boys face scrunched up when remembering the pain. Micha remained silent as her Sunbae babbled on random nonsense and took the moment to observe him, light brown hair with bangs, big smile, long legs, and... wearing pale green plaid tie. He was a Big Hit student, for Micha, that explained his loud personality, every ‘artist’ is very expresses even Sunhi, well when she’s not around boys.

Girls from a couple of meters away from them were staring and whispering, and what Micha suspect was about her and her Sunbae. She wondered why and was question why the girls cared to gossip for... it soon hit Micha like a train, she looked at the Big Hit student in shock after she realised that he’s one of those guys that get followed by brainless girls. She politely forced herself to stand up even though she wanted to cry in pain just so she could get away from him and avoid any possible drama with the psychos.

“Whoa! Whoa! Be careful. You need to go to the infirmary” he suggested and looked around to see how close it was, he thought about taking her to Big Hit’s one but was too far for Micha as she would have to walk back to the JYP building.

“It’s okay, I can walk myself to the JYP building, it’s not that far” attempt to take a step away from him both of her feet were somehow in the air, she looked over to her left to see the students face inches away from hers.

“YAH!” she screamed completely forgetting that he was her Sunbae and that there were tons of people watching them. The girls gasped and squealed at their ‘Oppa’s’ manly side while others jealously glared at her.

Micha tried her best to get him to let her go but he was too strong and the pain from her knee flared back up when she was kicking her legs. At the end she had to guide him to the infirmary where she got treated by the nurse. When the nurse left the two of them were alone together, Micha felt awkward while the Big Hit student was happily observing the new room.

“Thank you... for helping me” she bowed while they were both sitting on the bed avoiding eye contact with him.

“Anytime, just be more careful where you walk, especially when it comes to stairs” he joked. Micha politely nodded even though she didn’t find it funny and attempted to stand up from the bed.

“Let me take you to class” he suggested after seeing Micha struggling with her bandaged knee, he just knew it wasn’t going to be easy for her to walk since she can’t even bend one of her legs. Micha lied and told him that her classroom was only two classes away just so he could leave her alone. After convincing him he left the infirmary.

Micha sighed in relief to have him gone and started muttering to herself on how weird and random he was. She stopped at the bottom of the stairs already tired with a regretful face expression before walking up with one normal leg and one that felt like a peg leg.

 

 

Hey guys, how you enjoying the story so far??

Can you guys guess who Micha's Sunbae is?? Comment who you think it is below :D

 

Comment, subscribe and upvote :)

 

Thank you.