Arrow 16! Krystal Wants to be a Roman God~

Cupid Must Have Been High

arrow sixteen: krystal wants to be a roman god~

The first time Donghae lays his eyes on Im Yoona, he already swears that he is in love.

It is a random, strange, and altogether exhilarating moment when he first meets her.

Donghae had been innocently hanging out in the dance room, waiting for Eunhyuk to show up. He amused himself with going through their newest choreography that was to be showcased in the upcoming school fair.

There was a sudden bang on the door that made him freeze and momentarily think “ALIENS?” when the door flew open and in came a bright, laughing, and beautiful young lady.

“Hi, can I hide here?” asks the girl. He gives no response. His mind cannot come up with one. “I pulled a prank and I can’t be found.” she explains. He finds himself nodding numbly, consenting to her hiding out in the dance studio.

She smiles brightly, slamming the door loudly; she walks over to him with a hand extended and he is almost afraid to take it. “My name is Im Yoona.”

“Lee Donghae.” he mumbles, shaking her hand gingerly.

She asks what he’s doing here, and when he shows her the choreography he has been working on, the wide-eyed stare that she gives him makes him want to dance for her forever.

He finds her dancing her own edited version of his choreography to be the most adorable thing in the world.

Donghae had fallen for Yoona during their first meeting.

--

Taeyeon finds herself in front of the Park estate once more, fidgeting awkwardly as she steels herself to open the gate, walk past the whole garden area, and ring the doorbell. She spends a couple minutes admiring the scenery before ringing the doorbell quickly, as if to get it over with.

When an irritated Leeteuk opens the door, she looks at him curiously. She has never seen him in such a bad mood before.

“What?” he hisses, way before he even looks at who is in front of him.

“What’s got you in such a bad, oppa?” she asks, prodding his tummy lightly with a finger.

Leeteuk’s mind registers the voice and he finally looks at who he greeted so rudely. He gapes in shock and stammers out a, “T-taengoo!” He quickly smiles at her and questions her with a, “What are you doing here?”

She beams at him (and he feels his heart beat jump like how it always does around her) and is quick to explain. “You said you wanted to talk to me last week. So now here I am.”

He blinks at her, almost in shock at the reason behind her visit. He stares at her blankly, is mind going into overtime as he can only think the time has come to tell her, the time has come, I must tell her over and over again.

Taeyeon prods him yet again in the tummy, asking, “Can I come in?”

Leeteuk is quick to nod furiously, almost pushing her into the house. “Yes, yes, of course!” He gestures her to the nearest couch and asks, “Would you like anything to drink?”

She laughs a little at the obvious skittishness that Leeteuk is displaying, but says nothing about his behavior. She only says, “Water, please.”

He runs to the kitchen, not wanting her to wait any longer than she has to. Leeteuk almost trips over nothing when giving her a glass of water. She smiles appreciatively at him, and he feels all the affection and adoration he has for her course through his veins.

Leeteuk steels himself at this moment, as she is distracted by how pretty the glass cup is. He is going to confess. He is determined to tell her everything. “Okay, Taeyeon. Are you ready for what I am about to tell you?” he asks, voice almost shaking. He’s going to do it. He’s going to tell her. There is no better time than now, the present. He must do it as quickly as he can, for he is afraid that the gap between him and Junsu is already way too big.

Taeyeon looks at him curiously, almost caught off-guard by the use of her real name. Leeteuk almost always says “Taeng” or “Taengoo”. She is never just “Taeyeon” to him. She finds herself joking a little bit with him, saying, “Why so serious?”

He is not amused. “You know how I have a fiancée, right?” asked Leeteuk, breaching the topic slowly.

She nods, but is determined to lighten up the suddenly tense atmosphere. “I saw you get some cheek action from her.” Taeyeon says this with a cheeky smile, pressing a hand to her cheek with a scandalous look on her face.

Leeteuk pouts at how completely unserious and adorable she looks. “Yes, that is true. But anyway, what I wanted to say was that it is all arranged, and that I don’t really love her. I don’t even like her most of the time.” explains Leeteuk, gauging Taeyeon’s reaction. “This arrangement is just a wonderfully made political move.”

Taeyeon looks a little confused and reconfirms what he has said to her. “So you’re marrying someone you don’t love? Because it would help your connections?”

“You’re completely right.” nods Leeteuk. “I am trying to get out of it though, because there is someone that I sincerely…” he pauses for a moment, just to look at her. “…love and would like to have a chance with. And I need to get out of it immediately, so that I can confess to her before she is taken away from me.” He sighs at her, and pauses for another moment. “I really don’t want her to be taken away from me.”

“Really? And who is this someone?” asks Taeyeon, sounding excited. She didn’t know that Leeteuk had someone he was interested in~ Taeyeon let herself be a little distracted by thoughts of her going on a double date; her with Junsu oppa and Leeteuk oppa with whoever he loved. She giggled lightly, which made Leeteuk snap his fingers in front of her face.

“Stop daydreaming about Junsu.” deadpanned Leeteuk, scowling unhappily. Just confess already, don’t let her even think about Junsu! his mind tells him.

Taeyeon blushes slightly (and she wonders, “how did he know?”) and coughs awkwardly. “Please do continue on.”

Leeteuk takes a deep breath, readying himself to either be the happiest guy ever or the guy with a broken heart. “Actually, Taeng, I lo-”

The front door suddenly opens with a big bang, and in walks in his fiancée.

“Jungsoo oppa~” she croons.

Confession failed. The fiancée edition. 

(A/N: Who missed/forgot about Leeteuk's editions? I know I did~ xD)

Leeteuk falls back onto a couch with a loud groan. He points listlessly at his fiancée. “Meet Kang Soomin.”

“You mean Park Soomin, right seobang?” she teases, greeting Taeyeon with a friendly smile. Taeyeon smiles back, introducing herself.

“My name is Kim Taeyeon, nice to meet you.”

Leeteuk proceeds to scream into a pillow, freely flailing around. He was so ready to tell her.

“What’s wrong with him?” his fiancée wonders.

“No idea.” is Taeyeon’s answer.

She never has any idea. Leeteuk thinks this grumpily, still flailing around.

--

Krystal decides to drop by the theater after school for one specific reason. She wants to see how the Aladdin play is going. And so, both Taemin and Minho are roped into escorting her.

“None of us are even in it, I don’t know why we have to go.” whined Taemin, following Krystal with a childish pout on his face.

Minho, who is walking besides him, agrees with a fervent nod. “And you do know that Changmin hyung is the main lead, right? Who wants to see him shirtless as he flies around on a magic carpet?”

“Will there be an actual flying carpet?” asks Taemin, innocently hopeful; Minho whacks the back of his head lightly and Taemin takes the answer to his question as a “no”.

Krystal stops suddenly, turns around, and smiles cheekily. “I know a lot of people who want to see him shirtless as he flies around on a magic carpet.” She turns back and continues walking without a care. “I honestly wouldn’t mind.”

Minho laughs a little at her cheekiness while Taemin takes her statement completely seriously. “Do you really want to see Changmin hyung shirtless, Soojung?” he catches up to her, so now Taemin is walking side by side with Krystal. Minho stays behind, watching in amusement.

“How much do you want to see Changmin hyung shirtless?” he prods once more, bumping shoulders with her lightly.

She looks at him critically for a moment (as if asking “why does he care so much?”) before a childish smile takes precedence on her face. “How much do you want to see Emma Watson?” she retorts, all playfulness.

He gapes at her and almost shouts, “You want to see him shirtless that much?”

Krystal chuckles at him and continue walking, disregarding the flabbergasted look on Taemin’s face.

From behind her, she can hear Minho saying, “She’s just kidding, Taem.” She walks into the theater with a smile as she hears Taemin complain with a, “Changmin hyung isn’t even that hot.” The moment Krystal walks through the door, she hears her beloved older sister.

“Yah, Lee Donghae! Shine the lights correctly!” shouts assistant director Jessica Jung.

“I am shining it correctly, you evil tigress!” retorts Donghae, now shaking the lights prop as proof.

Jessica scoffs lightly before saying, “In this scene, you have to shine the lights on Changmin first, not Yoona!” She crosses her arms and huffs lightly. For some reason, Jessica feels a little more irritated than usual at Donghae’s mistake. She doesn’t like that Donghae keeps messing up the light cues because he can’t stop looking at Yoona.

She thinks it’s because it is her job as assistant director that makes her irritated with the constant mistakes. It is, obviously, something much deeper than that. She just doesn’t know it yet.

“…right..” Donghae’s tone is sheepish as he slowly makes the main light focus on Changmin instead of Yoona.

Changmin’s laughter is loud as the light lethargically makes his way towards him; Yoona is smiling throughout the entirety of the situation.

Krystal laughs a little at the whole scene, finding the bickering a little adorable.  From the right, Krystal hears a very energetic, “Soojung! You’re here!”

“Tiffany unnie~” Krystal greets her with a wide smile, hugging her eye-smiling of a goddess unnie tightly. “I haven’t seen you in a while!”

“I’ve been a little busy.” the older girl explains. “I’ve been helping with the costumes for the play.” Krystal is so immersed in what Tiffany has to say that she doesn’t notice Taemin and Minho entering the theater.

“Oh hey there, baby Jung.” Krystal hears another voice and is greeted with the sight of Hyoyeon and Eunhyuk.

“Hi Hyoyeon unnie, Eunhyuk oppa.” she waves at them, her smile even wider.

“It’s so hard coming up with cool dances for this play.” complains Hyoyeon, breaking out into a little dance right then and there. “We can’t even dance like this. It’s all twirls and big, fanciful prancing around.” She pouts lightly as Eunhyuk places a loving arm around her waist, which successfully stops all dancing movement.

“Excuse this little miss. She has been in a bad mood since practice started. Our drama teacher told her flat out that she would have to follow the choreography and skip like she meant it.” teases Eunhyuk.

Krystal laughs a little while Minho steals Eunhyuk and Hyoyeon’s attention, immediately bringing them into a conversation about school sports.

Taemin has distracted Tiffany with his ranting about Changmin and his shirtless-ness (Taemin shamelessly asks Tiffany to give Changmin a shirt instead of only a vest), which leaves Krystal to stare at her sister. Krystal looks at Jessica who is holding a clipboard, shouting stage directions, and pointing out mistakes that need to be fixed.

“Lee Donghae, how many times do I have to tell you-”

“Yeah, yeah. I know. I have to shine the light on Changmin hyung too!”

Krystal sees her sister smile slightly at the response Donghae gives her and it makes her pause. She zooms in on the smile, and how quietly beautiful it is. She looks up at Donghae, who is pouting slightly. He sticks a tongue out at Jessica, and that makes Jessica’s smile just that much bigger. The little Jung blinks hard, almost in confusion, and it all clicks in her head before even Donghae and Jessica can even think about it themselves.

“I have to help Sica unnie.” Krystal decides this on the spot. “I can’t not help her.”

Taemin is quick to appear at Krystal’s side, Tiffany long gone. “You can’t not help her with what?” Taemin questions her with pure curiosity.

“With getting her man.” she says this cheerfully and happily, eyeing the two intently.

“Who is her man?” asks Taemin, almost stupidly. He wasn’t aware that Jessica was into anyone.

“Lee Donghae, of course.” supplies Krystal. From the corner of her eye, she sees Eunhyuk and Hyoyeon playfully dancing to the side of the stage.

At this moment, Minho decides to enter their conversation, siding up on the other side of Krystal. “You can’t just play Cupid, Krys.” chides Minho. “You’re not some Roman God that has the power to make people fall in love.” Minho pauses for a moment to look at the still bickering Jessica and Donghae. “You especially can’t play Cupid to Donghae hyung and Jessica noona.”

Krystal looks at him with a mischievous smile already in place. “Just watch me, Minho oppa.”

--

The moment practice for Aladdin ends, Krystal is going to ambush Donghae and get the HaeSica train moving. That’s the plan, anyway.

(“You named them HaeSica? Really, Krys?”

“What? It sounds cute, Minho oppa!”)

The plan is to make them spend time together…and what better way than to make use of the older Jung’s upcoming birthday?

“Okay, everyone! Good job!” Krystal hears Jessica say this and she is instantly attentive. “Practice is over!”

Krystal smiles to herself, waiting quietly for Donghae to come down from his place where he mans the lights. As soon as she sees his feet touch the ground, she sets her plan into motion. “Donghae oppa!” Krystal calls out to him in a hushed tone.

“Oh hey…” he greets her awkwardly, his hand automatically going towards his stomach. He did get punched for hugging her, after all.

“I’m Jessica’s little sister, Krystal.” she formally introduces herself with a slight bow and a bright smile. "We've never been formally introduced."

Donghae returns the slight bow and mutters, “Believe me, I know who you are.”

“Did you know that Jessica unnie’s birthday is coming up?” asks Krystal, still smiling brightly at him.

“No…I didn’t…” replies Donghae, somehow not liking where this is going.

“It’s in two weeks.” Krystal explains. “Shouldn’t you get her something?” asks Krystal.

Donghae snorts lightly and asks, “Why should I get that evil tigress goddess lady anything?”

Krystal looked slightly confused at the whole nickname he gave her sister, but disregarded it at the moment. “Isn’t she helping you with Yoona unnie?”

Donghae gasped, clamping his hand over Krystal’s mouth immediately. “Don’t say that out loud! It’s supposed to be a secret!” he whined. Her reply was muffled, which made him go, “What?” She pointed at his hand over unhappily. “Right. Sorry.” he sheepishly took his hand off . “But how do you know about that? Jessica told you?”

“No, Yuhan did.” says Krystal.

“Yuhan?” repeats Donghae, in mild disbelief. And then he remembers the massive crush that his little brother has on the younger Jung and it makes sense, really. Donghae figures that Yuhan would tell Krystal anything and everything if she so merely looked like she wanted to know.

“But anyway, Jessica unnie is helping you with Yoona unnie, so you should at least get her something for her birthday.” says Krystal, walking off happily, leaving Donghae utterly confused.

It's a step towards HaeSica~~ Krystal couldn’t help but smile.

“Lets go home, guys. My job here is done.” Krystal links arms with Minho and Taemin and makes them skip along home with her.

“Do we have to skip home, Krystal?”

“This is actually kind of fun, Minho hyung.”

--

The next day, Donghae sees Jessica right when he arrives at school. He almost groans, remembering Krystal’s words. He stalks up to her, wanting to get this over with quickly. “What do you want for your birthday?” Donghae looks a little shy, bashful even.

And that just makes Jessica all the more suspicious. “How do you know that my birthday is coming up? And why do you care?”

“I’ll take you shopping.” he blurts in all nervousness.

Unbeknownst to him, those words are like a binding death sentence when uttered to a Jung.

Jessica can’t help but smile in a way that makes Donghae think that he has said something horribly, horribly wrong.

--chapter end.

So there is the history behind YoonHae (short as it is.) .____. and also, it is the start of Krystal trying to be Cupid for HaeSica ;D did anyone like the little bit where Taemin got jealous of Changmin? ;D Oh, and what did you think about the TaeTeuk part? His confession got completely ruined >< poor Teukie.

HAESICA SHOPPING TRIP NEXT CHAPTER ;D hehe. But on another note.

HAPPY FIFTH ANNIVERSARY TO SNSD. <3 Nine beautiful and amazing girls graced us with their presence five years ago. August Fifth is a magical day ;---; I can’t say I’ve been a s<3ne for all five years (I got into SoShi in 2008), but I don’t regret a single moment of it. Today, it’s SNSD. Tomorrow, it’s SNSD. Forever, it’s SNSD. <3 I feel a little emotional as I am typing this. Hehe.

I watched the live performance of Into the New World (the legit debut one) and I almost cried. I watched the video that soshified made for the anniversary, and it made me cry. -___-‘’ and Into the New World has been on repeat for the past two days. ._____. haha.

Happy Anniversary, my nine lovely angels. <3

And now here is the shameless advertisement portion of this section~ ;D I started this new TaeStal fic called "Taming Krystal Jung!" (and I saw some of you lovely subscribers already subscribed <3) and I would love for you guys to check it out~ 

Taming Krystal Jung!

It has player Soojung and socially awkward Taemin ;D Please do check it out~ 

Anyway…

COMMENT REPLIES:

FolderName: The Adventures of the Dolphin and the Deer made your day? That makes me so happy >< I seriously love them <3 I would watch it if it was an actual show with Junsu and Yoona xD Teukie tried to step it up, but his finacee barged in at the worst time >< I love HaeSica's progression <3 I don't think he's seeing her in a different light already, since their progression is really gradual...but he blurts things out before he really thinks about what is being said xD And oh my gosh, Jaejoong xD keke. At least it was fun for him, getting them drunk xP Thank you so much commenting, you lovely person~

Kpop49: I loved the last part so much~! <3 haha. Thanks for commenting, dear! ;D

shineemimi: HaeSica feels~ <3 haha. And Jaejoong...well...nothing can really be said about him getting them drunk, but at least he had fun with it. xD Wait a little for the time when Donghae will want to shine those lights at Sica instead of Yoong~ xD And since someone else suggested it too, I think I need to make Hae jealous of Jaejoong at least once~ haha. Thanks for commenting, sweetie~ <3

ilovehaesica: HaeSica FTW indeed <3 here's an update for you~ hope you enjoyed it and thank you for commenting!

iLoveYuh: The previous chapter made your day? :o it put a smile on my face to read that~ And Jaejoong really is...irresponsible...there is no other word for him xD But anyway, here's an update for you and thank you for commenting and saying that you like my crazy random people ;D 

babyloveeex3: Thank you for loving my story, bb! <3 I love TaeSu ;D they are super cute~~ I'm actually debating whether or not it will be TaeSu or TaeTeuk xD the way it is set up seems like it will be TaeTeuk, but...I'm a TaeSu warrior...so I am conflicted. xP haha. I love Yoong too, she is so darn adorable >< thanks for commenting, sweetie! <3

itzy104: Hello there, new reader~ ;D I'm glad to hear (...read...) that you love this story <3 thank you so much! Your comment made me smile at the sweetness >< here's an update for you, lovely! Thanks for commenting~ ;D 

smilingangel: Thanks for saying that the last part was romantic/sweet ;D Sica and Hae are slowly falling for each other~~ haha. Thank you for commenting, bb! ;)

A big thanks to all the lovely people that have read/subscribed/commented! <3 And with that said, until next time, lovelies~~