Arrow 13! I want to...

Cupid Must Have Been High

arrow thirteen: i want to...

 

"MOM!" Donghae couldn't help the shout that escaped his lips. Sure, Jessica said some things that you shouldn't really say to someone's mom, but she didn't deserve a slap to the face! He quickly pulled Jessica towards him as she held her face. It was obvious that the only Jung present was seething, holding her face and shaking in anger. He tried removing her hand from her cheek so that he could see the damage that was dealt, but Jessica wasn't having it. Every time he tried to move her hand, she slapped it away, glaring at him. "Jessica, don't be difficult." he groaned. He was trying to take care of her, but it was evident that she didn't want it.
 
Yuhan had started to cry again. "MOM! Why?! WHY?! YOU DON'T HIT GODDESSES, MOM." Mrs. Lee looked at her younger son as if he said the strangest thing in the world; to her, it probably was the strangest thing in the world.
 
"Did you just call that thing a goddess, Yuhan?" asked Mrs. Lee, tone full of disbelief. 
 
"Yah, I am not a thing." Jessica snapped, reaching her breaking point. Who does this lady think she is?
 
Donghae looked uneasy as he watched Jessica, who was still covering the cheek that was hit. "Jessica, did she bruise you?" Jessica just glared at Mrs. Lee, not even bothering to reply to Donghae. He sighed loudly and looked at his mom. "You shouldn't have hit her, mom."
 
"Yeah!" sniffled Yuhan. His face was red and blotchy from the constant crying and screaming. 
 
Mrs. Lee looked affronted and she scoffed with her hand twitching slightly. It looked like she wanted to hit something. That something was probably Donghae. "Are you protecting her? Are you choosing her side over mine?"
 
It was Jessica's turn to scoff. And scoff she did. Loudly. "Choosing sides? How old are you, lady?" she asked, almost sneering. 
 
Mrs. Lee gaped at the glaringly obvious disrespect and couldn't help herself. "Get out. Get out now! All of you!"
 
"I'll be happy to leave!" shouted Jessica, storming out of the Lee residence. Donghae looked at his mom hesitantly before taking Yuhan and pushing his wheelchair out of the house. Mrs. Lee watched them all go with angry eyes.
 
A few minutes later, Donghae ran back into the house to get an ice pack for Jessica. His mom ended up throwing ice at him.
 
--
 
The three escapees arrived at the local park two blocks away from Donghae's house, safely getting away from the Lee residence by way of Jessica's car; Jessica and Donghae sat awkwardly on a park bench as Yuhan looked content sitting in his wheelchair across from them. The little boy had calmed down considerably since leaving the Lee residence. Jessica held the ice bag (Donghae had managed to smuggle out a plastic baggie and caught the ice that was thrown at him) to her face, clearly angry with the world (read: Donghae's mom). 
 
"Sorry." Donghae stared at her with a look of guilt, almost like he was the one that hit her instead of his mom. Jessica took the ice off of her face for a moment and sighed. 
 
"It's not your fault your mom is...like that." muttered Jessica. Donghae finally saw the results of his mother's hand. 
 
"Half of your face looks swollen." he flat out said this to her, blatantly staring at the inflamed cheek. She glared at him, as if saying, "it's not my fault, now is it?" and he smiled sheepishly at her. He then took the ice pack from her and applied it to her cheek himself, adding pressure lightly, as if he was afraid to hurt her further. 
 
"What are you doing?" asked Jessica, weirded out by the sudden care. "I can do it myself." My stomach feels weird.
 
"I just feel the need to take care of you." he responded to her easily, slight sheepish smile precedent. And then she blinked and looked at him strangely, which made him realize that he shouldn't have said what he just said.Why did I just say that? Where did that even come from? Lee Donghae, you fool!
 
The strange feeling in Jessica's stomach intensified, and her subconscious vaguely realized that the feeling would be considered "having butterflies". Her conscious mind, though, was too dense to become aware of the "butterfly" feeling in her tummy. She just thought she had indigestion. 
 
"I meant- well, you know, my mom- slapping you was kind of- and you're sort of-" He paused after noticing that he was just rambling. "Sorry." he said once more.
 
Jessica stopped looking at him strangely but said, "I don't need you to take of me, stupid buffoon." She said this firmly, as if the whole world needed to know the validity of the statement. Stupid stomach, calm down!
 
Somewhere deep down in Donghae's heart, he realized something that he wouldn't come to terms with until a long while later. I want to take care of you. He rolled his eyes at her and then asked, "Then what am I doing right now?" 
 
"You're taking care of her, hyung!" responded Yuhan, looking at the duo innocently. Slowly, an awkward atmosphere began to envelop thing as they found that they had nothing to say. Donghae gradually took the ice pack off of her face and handed it over to her. Jessica fiddled with the makeshift ice pack, and Yuhan just watched on in wonder.
 
Donghae stared to whistle to ease the awkward air, but that didn’t help any. Jessica just got irritated at the noise. She shoved his shoulder with a pout; he promptly pouted in return to her pout.
 
Even Yuhan went and pouted, just because he felt the need to be included. (HANNIE UNNIE, THAT WAS FOR YOU.) Donghae fidgeted for a bit and continued to pout. He then remembered why he met up with Jessica in the first place and awkwardly asked the question that has been bothering him for a while. "So...what's Yoong's ideal type?"
 
Jessica didn't even bat an eyelash as she answered; she had been waiting for the question, after all. "She likes the gentle, kind, flower boy type. She likes the Lee Seunggi type." replied Jessica, giving him a pointed look. "That means you're not her type."
 
Donghae snorted and declared, "Lee Seunggi has got nothing on me! And I could so be the gentle, kind, flower boy type!" After a couple seconds, he mischievously added, "I already have the flower boy thing down anyway." He started to pose right then and there, showing off what he considered to be "gentle" and "pretty" expressions.
 
Jessica snorted and hid a smile behind her hand. What a cute moron. She suddenly froze, cocked her head in confusion, and then freaked out internally. WOAH, WOAH, HOLD UP JESSICA JUNG SOOYEON. What did your mind just think? Cute? CUTE? No way-
 
Before Jessica’s dramatic internal monologue could get any more dramatic, Yuhan asked innocently, "Who's Yoong?"
 
“She’s a goddess, Yu. A pure goddess.” responded Donghae, dreamy look overtaking his face.
 
“I thought Jessica noona was a goddess.” retorted Yuhan, confused. “How many goddesses are there in your life, hyung?”
 
Donghae thought for a moment, scrunching up his face in concentration. “Two, I think. Yeah, just two.” He pursed his lips and elaborated. "There is the beautiful and sweet Im Yoona, and then there's...well, the one sitting across from you."
 
Jessica rolled her eyes at Donghae's answer. "Thanks." she replied, voice sarcastic.
 
"Goddess Jessica noona~" cheered Yuhan. The girl cracked a smile, which caused the two brothers to exchange a hi-five. 
 
"Keep being cute, Yuhan~" Donghae clapped, approving of his brother's statements. "Win her over with your cuteness~" 
   
Jessica was about to say something about Donghae using his little dongsaeng to win her over, but suddenly looked as if she remembered something; she looked at her watch and cursed under her breath. "I'm going to be late."
 
Donghae looked at her curiously and couldn’t help but ask, "What are you going to be late to?"
 
She pursed her lips and sighed, saying, "I have to meet up with a childhood friend."
 
His eyes brightened and he asked, "Can Yuhan and I come too?" He smiled winningly at her, hoping that it would win her over.
 
"No."
 
It obviously didn’t win her over.
 
"But we don't have anywhere else to go right now..." mumbled Donghae, going for the pity approach. “You don’t want me-okay, you might want me to be stranded here, but you don’t want Yuhan to be stranded here, now do you?” Jessica looked thoughtful for a moment, but still looked unconvinced.
 
“Pout, Yuhan! Pout!” hissed Donghae. The younger Lee immediately went into action and pouted the hardest he could at Jessica. She just rolled her eyes and sighed in defeat.
 
"...Fine."
 
--
 
“Taemin, if you say that the police are here one more time-”
 
“Relax, Minho hyung~ that joke got boring the fourth time you fell off the fence.” said Taemin, voice cheeky and smile happy. He loved making his hyung go through stupid things because of him.
 
The older boy just seethed quietly to himself, counting from one to ten slowly, reminding himself that Taemin was his dongsaeng and that he should not hurt him in any way.
 
This was the fourth time Minho had to count to ten, and he didn’t know how much longer this would work. He just focused on getting over the fence, and by the fifth time, he had gotten over with no incident. He did, however, shake the fence when Taemin tried to climb over.
 
But to his credit, he only did it once. Once was enough to satiate Minho. For now.
 
“Seriously, Minho hyung? Shaking the fence? What are you, five?” complained Taemin, pouting as he hopped off of the fence and into Jung property. Minho rolled his eyes and flicked his dongsaeng’s head softly.
 
“Like you’re the one to talk, Taem!”
 
“I know, right? Falsely shouting about the police four times is pretty five year old-ish.” A voice drawled from behind them.
 
They both froze and tensed up before deciding to turn around slowly and carefully.
 
The sight that greeted them was a very unhappy looking Jung Soojung with a garden hose in hand.
 
“Hey Soojung.” greeted Taemin, smiling but keeping his eyes on the hose.
 
“Hi Krys.” Minho also greeted her, but looked ready to climb back up the fence at any moment.
 
“What have I told you two about trying to sneak into my house when I am unhappy with you both?” asked Krystal, voice terse.
 
“That it was cute when you were nine, but now it’s illegal and un-cute?” supplied Taemin, smiling sheepishly. Minho nodded as if he was confirming the statement.
 
“You also told us that we’re not welcome to try and sneak in when you're unhappy with us.” added Minho, backing up Taemin’s previous statement.
 
“Exactly.” she scowled. “And you guys were so loud about it too; you two would make the worst burglars in history.”
 
“It was Minho hyung’s fault.” Taemin blamed his hyung without shame, even going as far as to point a finger.
 
“Excuse me Taemin, but my fault? You have got to be kidding me.” complained Minho. “If anything, it was completely your fault.”
 
“Don’t be a liar, Choi Minho.” chastised Taemin, wagging a finger at his hyung.
 
“You stop being a liar!” retorted Minho, exasperated at the younger.
 
“You seriously need better comebacks, hyung. It’s not good to just repeat what I’ve said.” Taemin chastised him once more, still wagging his finger.
 
Krystal rolled her eyes at the interaction and just turned the hose on without warning.
 
The screams that were emitted sounded like they could have been from a horror movie, with the intensity and loudness of it all. “OH MY GOD, SERIOUSLY SOOJUNG?”
 
“REALLY? TURN IT OFF, KRYS. TURN IT OFF!”
 
At that point, two cars pulled up into the driveway, both cars almost screeching to a stop. The fence that was previously scaled by 2MIN opened and the two designated drivers rushed in.
 
“Soojung, I heard screaming, are you okay?”
 
“Soojungie, baby, what was that?”
 
Krystal grinned cheerfully at the newcomers and waved happily. “Hi Jaejoong oppa, hi Jessica unnie." And then Krystal took a double take. "Woah, Jessica unnie, what happened to your face?" the younger sister gaped at the older, dropping the hose in favor of getting closer to her sister.
 
Jaejoong looked at Jessica, scrutinizing her face with such intensity that it made Jessica want to run away. And Jessica never runs. "What?" she huffed.
 
"Did someone hit you, Jessica?" Jaejoong looked serious as he said this with a slight frown on his face.
 
"What are you talking about?" Jessica turned away from the older male and instead focused on her younger sister. "Soojungie, are you alright?"
 
"I'm fine~ two babos just decided to try and sneak into the house." said Krystal, tone even and calm. She even nodded towards the "two babos" that were currently completely soaked.
 
"Minho, Taemin." she greeted them nicely, albeit with an eyebrow raised. "I thought you stopped trying to sneak into my house a couple of years ago." 
 
"No, no, Jessica noona. It's still a game for us to try and break in." replied Taemin, answering honestly as he shook his head vigorously, trying to get some water out of his hair. 
 
Jaejoong frowned as he saw Jessica avoid him and his question and did something that made her tense slightly. "Sooyeon." he called out to her. She hated when he called her that; he only called her that when he wanted the truth, and nothing but the truth, from her. She stayed silent.
 
“Minho? Taemin?” Donghae got out of Jessica’s car almost unsurely, taking Yuhan’s wheelchair from the trunk and then placing his dongsaeng on it; he then got closer to his two dongsaengs that were currently dripping wet. “Were you the ones that were screaming? I heard you guys from a block away.”
 
Taemin and Minho looked at each other for a moment, not replying to Donghae’s question. And then Taemin started pointing fingers again. “It was Minho hyung’s fault.”
 
--chapter end.
 
*next chapter has jaejoong, krystal, jessica, donghae, taemin, minho, and yuhan all in one place~ ;D something is bound to go wrong. lol. taeteuksu will be in the next chapter too! ;) 
 
On May 30th, a goddess was born into this world. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO THE GODDESS THAT IS IM YOONA. This is posted in celebration of your special day! …even if you didn’t show up in it. But not to worry Yoong, your time is coming! ;D But seriously, happy birthday to you. Im Choding, Deer Yoona, Him Yoona, Yoong, Alligator Yoong, Shikshin #2, Actress Im- whatever you want to be called. I love you. You are forever my goddess, and even though I die a little inside every time I see one of your kiss scenes, I will support you forever as an actress and as a part of SNSD. Your smile and your laugh are amazing things and I am pretty much convinced that you are the prettiest thing on earth. Im Yoona, I hope that this birthday was a special one to you. You deserve it. A lot of people hate on you, and I can’t understand for the life of me why. I love how much you care for your eight other sisters, and I love how you can carry on so strongly with such a bright smile. I know you get tired, I know you get irritated- you can’t not. But you always show a smile to the fans that love you and oh my god, just typing this makes me emotional. To be honest, I didn’t care for you that much in the beginning- admittedly, though, you were the first one I noticed- but then you won me over and now I am here, typing this. I am proud to be a S<3NE as well as a YoonAddict. Happy Birthday, Im Yoona.
 
COMMENT REPLIES: 

BaybeeDoubleHluvsyhu: More HaeSica for you! Haha. Hope you enjoyed the update ;D and thank you so much for commenting! ;D

szejie: the junsu vs leeteuk didn’t happen this chapter, bit i hope you’ll anticipate the next one where teuk goes and tries to ruin taesu’s little date! And thanks for commenting! <3

FolderName: thank you for commenting! <3 i don’t know whether it’s a good idea or not either xD depends on perspective, i guess? Haha. And there’s more to Mrs. Lee hating on yuhan than just his condition (although that is a part of it); the rest will be revealed eventually~ ;D and 2MIN wouldn’t be 2MIN (in this fic) if they weren’t little troublemakers~

nerdscandy: i hope you liked the updates! And thank you for commenting! ;D <3

xQueenHanniex: lol, hello, yuhan’s number one noona fan. I think hae would rather like having fantastic fishie powers, but whether or not he has them….lol. and don’t worry, i don’t like her either! >< kind of went down but not really because i didn’t know how to make go down. LOL. And 2MIN…such fools. xD taeteuksu didn’t happen this chapter, but it will in the next~ ;D and SUNSUN. MY SHIP LIVES. Hehe. Power of nine, baby. Power of nine.

---

*CHAPTER TITLE IS WHAT IT IS BECAUSE HAE WANTS TO TAKE CARE OF SICA. hehe. ;D

Hope you guys liked the update! ;D Oh, and by the way, I have in the works a new TaeStal story~ Jessica is in it too and I was wondering what her pairing should be. Since I already have this story for HaeSica, I was wondering whether that story should have OnSica, JongSica, or JaeSica. Or if I should just have HaeSica. Please answer the poll below for me! <3

 

By the way, thanks to everyone that reads, subscribes, or comments! <3 You guys are such sweeties ><