wednesdays at three

Wednesdays at Three

WEDNESDAYS AT THREE


Sehun drops her duffle bag next to the vertical fan and plops down beside it after she toes off her shoes. Back pressed against the wall, she pulls the bag into her lap and rummages through it for the pair of grey sweatpants she always dances in. Finding them, she tosses her bag to the side and gets to work on the button and the zip of her jeans.

“Hey, Hun, do you know where—” Jongin glances over his shoulder at her only to catch her with her pants halfway down her legs and turns back to face the other way, lifting his iPad to cover his eyes. “Can you please get changed in the bathroom one of these days?”

Scoffing, Sehun kicks her feet out of her pants and wiggles into the sweatpants, all while sitting down. “I do this every week.”

“That’s exactly my point,” he squeaks. He may think of Sehun as a bro most of the time but she’s still a girl. Even though school is over, a teacher can still come in and get the wrong idea.

“And my point is that you should be used to it by now.” She knocks on the wall behind her three times — her signal that she’s done. “So what did you want?”

Jongin sighs as he lowers the iPad and turns back around to frown at the shameless girl. “Do you know where we left the plug to the speakers?”

Sehun blinks at him once, looking at him like he’s more insignificant than the bits of gum on the bottom of her right shoe. “No.” She then pulls out her phone to ignore him until the rest of the crew shows up.

“Of course not,” he mumbles to himself. Setting his tablet atop the speakers, he looks around the radio and through the one cabinet in the room.

“You two are the worst pair of best friends I’ve ever seen in my life.”

Sehun tears her eyes away from her otome game — if she can’t score a boyfriend in real life, she may as well go after the hot anime boys — to smile at Yixing as he claims his own space along the back wall for his stuff.

Yixing returns the smile with a (really cute) smile of his own before chuckling. “Seriously, though, it’s always so quiet and tense when you two are together.”

“She abuses me,” Jongin accuses at the same time Sehun says, “He’s weak.”

They both point at each other and exclaim, “See!”

Shaking his head, Yixing walks over to Sehun and wordlessly sets down a plastic cup of lychee boba by her legs before wandering over to Jongin and asking what he’s looking for.

Flicking her gaze between the drink and Yixing’s back, Sehun sits down her phone to pick it up and curl her lips around the straw. He’s usually setting up the audio before the rest of them show up (which is why neither she nor Jongin know where a damn thing is). Is this why he was so late? Did he go out to buy her bubble tea? She absentmindedly gnaws on the straw as she watches Yixing retrieve the cable Jongin was looking for and she blushes.

Yixing was already on her ‘this betch is cool ppls’ list. She might have to create a ‘this betch is a potential husband’ list just for him.

“Where’s Han and Minseok?” Jongin asks after hooking up his iPad and turning on Girl’s Day.

“Does anyone have anything to eat? I’m starving,” Minseok groans as she walks into the room in a tank top and a pair of lime green yoga pants.

Speak of the devil. All of them chime out their hellos.

“I have like two or three granola bars in my bag,” Jongin says, heading to his bag to get them.

Minseok meets him over by his things and smiles at him gratefully as he hands her one. “Bless your soul.” She immediately rips open the packaging and bites off a chunk.

“Minseok, have you seen Han?” Yixing asks.

She hums around her mouthful of granola and chocolate and turns around to notice she came in alone. Lifting a finger, she excuses herself and leaves.

Yixing frowns. "Rude. She didn't even answer the question."

A minute and a half passes before she comes back, her hand in Han’s as he stumbles into the room behind her.

The other three quickly notice his wide, distant eyes and inability to walk by himself. Sehun snorts, Jongin rolls his eyes, and Yixing raises an eyebrow.

Typical Lu Han.

“What happened to him?” Yixing makes the decision to ask when it seems like no one else will.

“I ran into him outside the girl’s bathroom after I finished changing and my reflexes kicked in.” Minseok lets go of Han’s hand and continues munching on her granola bar. “I felt bad for accidentally punching him so I asked him if he wanted to go out to eat with me after this. I thought he was following me but I think he’s broken.”

Sehun says what both Jongin and Yixing are thinking. “All he heard was ‘go out with me’.”

Jongin really wants to dance but their club president is in a love-induced comatose state. “Hey, Minseok?”

She blinks up at him. “Hm?”

“Will you be my girlfriend?”

Han snaps his head to glare icily at the youngest boy and draws Minseok into his arms possessively protectively. “Kim Jongin, I will end your life and your next ten lives.”

Works every time. He even adds on a life for each time Jongin uses that trick.

“Ladies and gentlemen, he’s back.” Sehun claps slowly. “Now, can we get started?”

"Wait, I have an announcement to make before-- Jongin you have something to teach right?" Resting his chin on Minseok's shoulder, Han looks to Jongin for confirmation before continuing. "We finally got a date set for our annual dance production."

"They actually gave a set date months ahead of the actual thing," Yixing marvels. "Last year they told us the date three weeks before the show."

"Han, can you let me go?" Minseok pats the arms that are still wound around her waist.

"What? Sorry, I don't speak rejection," Han declines as he squeezes her tightly. "But yeah, it's gonna be the last week of March so we have plenty of time to get ready. Ms. Lee said she was already working on things the actual dance classes could do."

Sehun slurps noisily at her boba. "Is that it?"

"Pretty much, yeah."

Jongin claps. "Well, I prepared a couple dance," he says, starting their practice for the week.

Han whoops and Minseok groans, sinking into his chest and dropping her head back against his shoulder in resignation.

This is going to be the longest practice of her life.

Yixing walks over to Sehun who's still nursing her bubble tea on the floor and ruffles her hair. She glares at him playfully and tries to lash out at his legs but he evades her smoothly. Smirking, he offers his hand and, after putting down the cup, she takes it and allows him to pull her up.

"Hey," he says low enough for her ears only.

"Hey yourself." She pushes him lightly.

"It's been a while since we've danced together."

Sehun thinks back to last year when there were more active members of the club and she somehow got paired up with Yixing for the first partner dance of her life. She'll never forget it because afterwards she went home and complained to her stuffed unicorn, , for hours about how awkward she was and how she never wanted to breathe the same air as Yixing ever again. "You sound like you've been dying to dance with me again."

"Maybe I have." Yixing shrugs.

Sehun looks at him strangely, unable to tell if he's joking or not. She's probably turning as red as a stop light but still she scoffs as she turns to join the other three in the center of the studio. "I'm better than I was last year. Let's see if you can keep up, junior boy."

 

 

"And then you-- Han, your hand is supposed to be on her lower back, not her ." Jongin sighs as he corrects Han for the fourth time.

"Sorry, sorry. It slipped." Han grins cheekily as he slides his hand back up.

"I don't know why you thought a couple dance was a good idea when we all know Han thinks with his peen and not his equally as small brain." Sehun says, wishing they would hurry up and carry on with the choreography because Yixing’s hand is heavy and warm on her back and it’s weird.

"It's not small!"

Sehun looks over at Han and is unfazed by the glare he's sending her. "Sorry," she drawls, "I meant microscopic."

Han opens his mouth to retort but a soft hand on his cheek turns him away from the blond girl.

Minseok blinks up at him with her perfectly perfect round eyes and pouts. "Behave or our date after this is off. And that means no wandering hands either.”

Han shakes his head like a child who doesn’t want to have his toy taken away. "I'll be good!"

Sehun snorts. "Not only does he have a small , he has the mental age of a five year old." She glances at Minseok. "Remember that this is the kid who wants to father your future twenty babies and remember he is only an option if the very last man in this entire galaxy dies and all of the banks have run out."


my favorite character in this story is officially sehun. can you tell?
i never know how to end my chapters lol. no chanyeol this time since she's not a member of the dance club.

thank you for the comments/upvotes. i swear i will reply to them this time. unless you don't like that/don't care cause then i won't /lazy&forgetful

but i love you. never forget that i love you.