nurse's office

Wednesdays at Three

NURSE'S OFFICE


Han walks into the nurse’s office, holding a paper napkin around his finger. For what reason did he sign up for a cooking elective again?

“Hey nurse lady, I need a —” He shuts his mouth when he gets a look at the room, noticing the absence of the nurse and the only pink-haired girl in the school asleep on one of the cots sitting on the far side of the room. He frowns. He was wondering where she was when she didn’t show up for history class.

He starts to walk over to her but the pain in his finger resonates through his hand. Right. He should probably take care of himself first. Rummaging through the nurse’s drawers — she should really have these things labeled — he finds the one filled with rows of bandages of various sizes. Picking one out, he moves into the bathroom to wash the cut out, wincing when the water hits the injury. Turning off the tap, he tears open the bandage and wraps it around his finger.

Yeah, he’s never cooking ever again.

He glances at the door after he walks out to Minseok’s bedside, expecting the nurse to come in while he’s sliding over a chair. Minseok is gorgeous even in her sleep with her lips parted slightly and her hair falling messily into her face. Brushing her hair out of the way, he smiles when she whines and scrunches up her nose cutely. She’s always so head-strong, always glaring at him or showing some other kind of displeasure at his entire existence. It’s nice to see her so relaxed for once. Admiring her face, he fixes his gaze on her lips, biting his own. God, he wants her like he's never wanted anything or anyone before.

He sends a quick glance to the door again. He should probably get back to class before the nurse shows up or before his culinary teacher wonders why he’s taking so long.

But one kiss wouldn’t hurt, would it?

“It’ll just be my little secret,” he whispers to himself, wetting his dry lips as he leans in. Her lips are soft and perfect and he sighs against . The day she kisses him willingly is the day he dies of extreme happiness.

He backs off before he accidentally wakes her up and gets himself killed. Stealth mission complete, return to headquarters. Standing, he kicks the wheeled chair in the general direction he took it from. Checking his pockets for his hall pass, he turns to leave the room, jumping when he runs into the nurse.

“Did you need something?” She asks, fluttering behind her desk.

“Bandage.” He lifts his finger. “Hope you don’t mind me taking one.”

She shakes her head. “If that’s all, head back to class.”

 

 

“She’s going to castrate you and then shove your down your throat,” Yixing prophesies once Han finishes telling his story about what he did last period, biting into the apple he stole from the cafeteria earlier. “And then she’s going to decapitate you and sell your detached head- combo as some sort of new-age art sculpture.”

Han narrows his eyes at Yixing. “Stay away from Minseok,” he says dryly. “I don’t need her getting any ideas. She already abuses my no-no zone enough as it is.”

“And whose fault is that?” Yixing sings, taking another bite of his apple.

Han shrugs. “All I’m saying is, if she comes at me with a knife and wins, I will you from beyond the grave until you die a death as pitiful as mine.”

Yixing snorts. “What if she woke up when you were doing it and pretended to still be asleep so that she could catch you off guard and sell your to cannibals?”

“I will hang you from the flagpole by your balls. Stop saying to scare me.” Han mumbles loud enough for Yixing to hear, barely avoiding bumping shoulders with another student.

They stop a short distance away from Yixing's sociology classroom. Yixing shifts his books in his arms. “I’m just being rational. I’ve never met someone with such ty luck as you have before.” He glances at his watch and, upon looking up again, notices Minseok approaching them from over Han's shoulder. “May the odds be ever in your favor, my friend,” he says as he walks backwards to the door of his classroom a couple of feet away.

Han frowns as Yixing slides into his classroom with a strange smile on his face. Are The Hunger Games references still a thing?

“Hey.”

Han jumps and immediately covers his crotch. “Whatever it was, it wasn’t me,” he rushes out, staring at Minseok with crazed eyes. He’s been on edge all day, waiting for Minseok to hunt him down, and Yixing’s words just now weren’t any help. Plus how long was she behind him?

She an eyebrow, confused. Maybe she hit him too hard last time. “I just wanted to know what I missed in history. I felt light-headed earlier so I was in the nurse’s office,” she explains.

Han blinks once. “Oh.” He moves his hands to his sides, no longer defensive.

“Did you do something that would warrant me hitting you?”

“No,” he says much too quickly but she doesn’t seem to think much of his odd behavior. Good. There’s no way he’d be able to explain stealing a kiss from her when she was asleep in the nurse’s office. He doesn’t think it’s that big of a deal but, knowing her she’d equate the kiss to him rubbing up against her and further ruin his chances of procreating in the future.

She eyes him strangely before averting her gaze to the emptying hallway. Whatever. She doesn’t have time for this. She doesn’t want to be late to her last class. “So, history?”

"Oh, right," he laughs and scratches the back of his neck with his free hand. “We just reviewed for the test tomorrow. I already put my notes in my locker but I could, uh, give them to you after school if you want.”

“Really? You don’t have any weird Han hearts Minseok bull in the margins you don’t want me to see?” She teases, giggling to herself at the thought.

Did she just laugh while talking to him? Something inside Han gushes profusely. “I could scribble some in if you’re into that kind of thing.” Leaning against the wall, he smirks and wiggles his eyebrows.

Minseok snorts at the returned joke and punches him in the shoulder. “Meet me at my locker later.”

Rubbing at his now sore shoulder — god, she’s heavy handed — he nods.

She walks off to her next class before the bell rings and he heads to his own. As soon as he finds his seat in the middle of the classroom, a sudden realization hits him.

Did he really get away with kissing her? Thinking about his success, he stares unseeingly with his mouth hanging open.

“Are you okay, Han?” Joonmyun asks he slides into his seat next to him.

"I'm alive?" He whispers to himself and jumps up to pat himself down, confirming his being unharmed. “Holy , I’m still alive!”

“And we’re all so happy that you are, Han.” The physics teacher sighs. “Sit down so I can start class and mind your language.”

Rejoining reality, Han looks around the classroom to see a few eyes on him. “Sorry, dude,” he laughs. “Continue.” He drops into his seat and moves his books to the corner of his desk for when he’ll inevitably get bored and decide to take a nap.

“Something good happen?” Joonmyun asks, pulling out a piece of paper to use for notes.

Han leans back on the two rear legs of his chair and looks at Joonmyun with a broad grin. “You have no idea.”

 

 


i thought i'd spare luhan's man-goods this time so i let him get away with a kiss.
i was going to try and make it a little longer but i realized if i kept going it would have ended up with him getting his kicked by minseok again.
and i looked at my character notes for this and there are literally no good character traits for luhan in this HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO MAKE MINSEOK LIKE HIM IF HE HAS NO GOOD QUALITIES

but omg thanks for all the upvotes and the comments. i at replying to them but all of you are beautiful, perfect people and i love you.